Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Saigyouji posted:

Yeah, Mishima was like, the second to last link I maxed out in my playthrough, and I was definitely well into December. (Meanwhile I maxed out Hifumi's link on the last possible day because I am bad at time management. Still managed to max 16 confidants though, so eh.)

I'm at a loss for what the requirement is, then. I have like a week left, no Mementos quests left (except apparently for one that drops at the very end) and he's still going on about how he has to do something to fix the site. Standing alone every night on a street corner in Akihabara ain't gonna help much, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

epenthesis posted:

Standing alone every night on a street corner in Akihabara ain't gonna help much, man.

We've all been there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Man, the secret boss is cool. The twins baton pass each other, have an all-out attack, etc. It's really neat how much effort they put in.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Late to the party guys but Makoto's ps4 theme is absolutely worth the 2 bucks.

Is there a listing somewhere of the dlc and songs? Wanna know if any P3P songs are in here

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

check the op

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Late to the party guys but Makoto's ps4 theme is absolutely worth the 2 bucks.

Is there a listing somewhere of the dlc and songs? Wanna know if any P3P songs are in here
they're in the op, but also, no they are not. the closest thing to a p3p reference is that the girls look kinda like minako in the p3 costumes, since minako is the only female P3 character to actually wear her uniform properly.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

slev posted:

You go to the washing machine or coffee and press x and then you press x again when it says you can call Kawakami to do it.

Wow I am dumb.

How about the slacking off.

It never seems available.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Oracle, my admice...

Oracle :haw:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wow I am dumb.

How about the slacking off.

It never seems available.

it isn't something you pick, it's just something that happens in certain classes where you can read a book instead of paying attention to the lecture.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Endorph posted:

they're in the op, but also, no they are not. the closest thing to a p3p reference is that the girls look kinda like minako in the p3 costumes, since minako is the only female P3 character to actually wear her uniform properly.

gently caress!! new avatar time I guess

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Hey, quick question about the veeeeery end of the game: Can you not get an item from Igor? I can see why you can't get anything from the Justice Confidant but I got everyone else's items but his. Can't get into the Velvet Room so I'm just ???

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Infinity Gaia posted:

Hey, quick question about the veeeeery end of the game: Can you not get an item from Igor? I can see why you can't get anything from the Justice Confidant but I got everyone else's items but his. Can't get into the Velvet Room so I'm just ???

I mean, technically your link was with fake!Igor who you ended up killing :v:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Zore posted:

I mean, technically your link was with fake!Igor who you ended up killing :v:

I guess I'm just bummed out I won't have crazy Arcana Bursts for NG+.

Also oh god will I go back to not having 12 Persona slots? Goddammit.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Apr 14, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They should have had the Justice Arcane break and turn into something like the hunger arcana when you get betrayed

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Priestess rank 9 spoilers: I really wish that when Tsukasa threatened Makoto there was an option to just laugh in his face and say "dude, that won't go well for you."

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Late october stuff I thought goro overhearing morgana complain about pancakes wayyyy back when you first name the group was forshadowing that he's had a persona the whole time? Guy mentions that he only first got it around when okumura bites it. Is there something I'm missing here?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Priestess rank 9 spoilers: I really wish that when Tsukasa threatened Makoto there was an option to just laugh in his face and say "dude, that won't go well for you."

these games are always really inconsistent about if the party's fighting prowess applies outside of the special persona zone. like in p3 where people who can get punched by giant shadow hulk hogans without issue are afraid of a couple punk teenagers without weapons

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

darealkooky posted:

Late october stuff I thought goro overhearing morgana complain about pancakes wayyyy back when you first name the group was forshadowing that he's had a persona the whole time? Guy mentions that he only first got it around when okumura bites it. Is there something I'm missing here?

No. You're right on both counts.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

darealkooky posted:

Congrats, you were paying attention earlier. You'll find out the truth of the matter soon enough

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

darealkooky posted:

these games are always really inconsistent about if the party's fighting prowess applies outside of the special persona zone. like in p3 where people who can get punched by giant shadow hulk hogans without issue are afraid of a couple punk teenagers without weapons
Sure, but Makoto specifically uses her fists on the other side because she's a really skilled martial artist in reality. Even without being juiced up by her Persona she could immobilize an untrained fighter easily.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

darealkooky posted:

you must be mistaken. i fail to believe that goro akechi would tell some sort of blatant lie. are you feeling alright?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

JT Jag posted:

Sure, but Makoto specifically uses her fists on the other side because she's a really skilled martial artist in reality. Even without being juiced up by her Persona she could immobilize an untrained fighter easily.

yeah, makoto pretty much says she could kick ryuji's rear end with or without powers and ryuji might have a bum leg but he's still a big guy who goes to the gym three times a week

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Thread title should be Persona 5: "You must have had someone who could post on SA. Tell me!"

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Moltrey posted:

you must be mistaken. i fail to believe that goro akechi would tell some sort of blatant lie. are you feeling alright?

Will this joke ever get old?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Moltrey posted:

this was kinda what I was getting at

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

SettingSun posted:

The deadline for Palace 4 is like a month. Honestly it's ridiculous. Even taking my time with it and beating it over 4 days (including sending the card and beating the boss) I got SO MANY confidants and my social skills up.

Which probably just counterbalance, because the two weeks leading up to it are basically dead time, since between exams, festival and the initial situation leading to Palace 4 you can't do any activities outside of maybe two days.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.
If this question is answered after taking the treasure in the 6th Palace, feel free to ignore this, but is the implication that the SIU guy, Shido, etc. artificially manufactured the conditions for Sae to have a Palace so the Thieves would get lured in? It doesn't seem like just being part of the Japanese criminal justice system -- corrupt or not -- is enough to elevate her to that level.

I'm hoping it's because they boxed her in on purpose, otherwise it kind of reads as 'woman forced to be ruthless in her job because of pressure from men is warped in the head'.

Unrelated to that, what level should I be to take on the Reaper and the bonus boss?

Zhaan fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Apr 14, 2017

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Zhaan posted:

If this question is answered after taking the treasure in the 6th Palace, feel free to ignore this, but is the implication that the SIU guy, Shido, etc. artificially manufactured the conditions for Sae to have a Palace so the Thieves would get lured in? It doesn't seem like just being part of the Japanese criminal justice system -- corrupt or not -- is enough to elevate her to that level.

I'm hoping it's because they boxed her in on purpose, otherwise it kind of reads as 'woman forced to be ruthless in her job because of pressure from men is warped in the head'.

Unrelated to that, what level should I be to take on the Reaper and the bonus boss?

I'm not sure if that's the implication or not but it read more as a commentary on the Japanese legal system than anything. Do whatever it takes to win; cheat on something that should be fair to climb the ranks. It's an uphill battle that's even worse on a woman. The distortion is hers, no doubt but she's frustrated and has to win or someone else will take her place.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Zhaan posted:

I got the impression that the plan was (spoilers for plot dump AFTER palace boss) to have Akechi kill Sae's shadow so she would have a mental breakdown. Sae was proving too stubborn and problematic plus it would've been easy to pin on the Phantom Thieves... but for whatever reason that didn't actually end up happening. Of course I could be entirely off base on that.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Got to where Rivers in the Desert first plays

Super Saiyan Howie Mandel is sick of your poo poo :eyepop:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I wish you had more than 12 characters for naming your crew

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

there's also a "Morgana, I choose you!" dialogue option.

i def chose that option because of it too

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm just gonna toss out some names. I will try not to be crude.

*SABOTEUR*
The Police
The FBI
The Economy
The Signal
Some Kids
Mind Editors
♪ROWDY BOY♪
Oops! All Cats
☼T W I N K L E☼
A Secret
Raidou When
The Internet
Feathermans
Larcenists
Delinquency
MonaMonaMona
BOYSBOYSBOYS
Education
Sax♀♂Appeal
Purrsonas
MY HEART
#TeamGoro
#TeamMakoto
No More Ska
No Seriously
21 Faces
ALEJANDRO
Kamiizumi+
TwelveLettrs
Masquerade
Overwatch
Hi (HELLO)
JoJo DoJo
Boulangerie
Chocolatiers
My Cat Hungry
○●○●○●○● OK!
Your Face
Untouchables
BigBangBurgz
LULU CREW
CashCash
Nine Star
Angry Teens
NO FEDORAS
Members Only
Bourgeoisie
Videogames
FANCY CAT$
Therapy
my dick
La Traviata
Aristophanes
9-Hour Sleep
TURANDOT
Problemchild
Me+U+UAlso
Heart Takers
Soul Shakers
Clevergirl
Les Mysteres

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

These kids have been sitting at this hotel buffet for hours

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Got to where Rivers in the Desert first plays

Super Saiyan Howie Mandel is sick of your poo poo :eyepop:

This time it could be my

Mooomeeeennnntttt

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

I hate everything about Palace 5 especially this asspull of a "boss" on hard difficulty, and really screw the scachaths in the airlock maze. Managed to nab one though.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Xarbala posted:

I'm just gonna toss out some names. I will try not to be crude.

If ♪Anime Club♪ ever comes to your rescue, you can thank me.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
If I ever get to actually play this video game, I'm calling my gang "SEIZE".

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Guys this is my first persona game ever (despite being aware of the series since the first US one). I really like it, and I'm only a few days into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Whatever persona 5. like assassinating a CEO wouldn't cause the phantom thieves popularity to sky rocket