Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

With the support that the other console versions got, I can't in good conscience support a switch version of payday 2.

We all know it's going to lag way behind the PC version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

One day they'll get the skill overhaul. One day.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

John Murdoch posted:

Patch notes say they changed it. To what, who knows.

The upper end is still around 1.5% so I doubt it. 0.30-0.91 with walk-in closet.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Power Bottom posted:

payday 2 is coming to the nintendo switch

what is happening to my body

Your Body. It is

Ready.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
Hot take: Caution! Wet Floors (aka Hot Lava 3.0) is a harder achievement than just completing Green Bridge on One Down.

lol jk

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
The big element on all difficulties is the final escape; the game moves all spawnpoints past the boat at that time, so there's an absolute wall of bullets there.

I still need to get Wet Floors; I keep overshooting cars in my suit build. The steam forums are predictably throwing a tantrum because they can't get it with ease every time.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

I still need to get Wet Floors; I keep overshooting cars in my suit build. The steam forums are predictably throwing a tantrum because they can't get it with ease every time.

It's a bullshit pain in the rear end. They should really increase the range on telling the Yakuza guy to move his rear end, that way you're -just- dealing with a first person platformer and not also mitigating him sitting his rear end down equidistant between two vehicles too far away to get him moving. Or having to do this: https://gfycat.com/RichAptArgentineruddyduck

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

ClonedPickle posted:

It's a bullshit pain in the rear end. They should really increase the range on telling the Yakuza guy to move his rear end, that way you're -just- dealing with a first person platformer and not also mitigating him sitting his rear end down equidistant between two vehicles too far away to get him moving. Or having to do this: https://gfycat.com/RichAptArgentineruddyduck

When you shout at him it resets how far he will go before crouching. It's entirely within the player's control. I think it's great that for once there's an achievement that can take more than one try to get.

edit: eurgh, it's like the steam forums and reddit are in a competition over who can complain about more things.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Apr 13, 2017

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

edit: eurgh, it's like the steam forums and reddit are in a competition over who can complain about more things.
Tell us more!

In the meantime: :ducksiren: They're fixing the loving desync! :ducksiren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AshlQMkN1kM

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
So - Dragan's been disappearing from his spot lately in the safehouse, John Wick's noticed something odd about him, and there's word of another traitor in the group.

Obviously, Hector must have risen from the grave and is up to his old tricks - the original closing message at the end of Green Bridge was no accident, but a clever hint!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/Incinerated100/status/851815921391992832

Boy if I knew they were going to pick something this boring and lovely I would have submitted mine, it couldn't have been worse.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Black-and-white printer be damned - I should have broken out the colour pencils and worked out how to make a papercraft braid not look like poo poo.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

TheObserver posted:

So - Dragan's been disappearing from his spot lately in the safehouse, John Wick's noticed something odd about him, and there's word of another traitor in the group.

Obviously, Hector must have risen from the grave and is up to his old tricks - the original closing message at the end of Green Bridge was no accident, but a clever hint!

Given what Dragan's lines translate to, it appears likely. He's working for someone who isn't law enforcement, and is apparently specifically trying to find out more info about Bain's identity. I suspect that he's a red herring, though.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

TheObserver posted:

THE COMMISSAR OUTSMARTS YOU AGAIN, ASSHOLES

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

watho posted:

THE COMMISSAR OUTSMARTS YOU AGAIN, ASSHOLES

Gang, this time our target is... a g-g-g-g-ghost!?

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

maswastaken posted:

In the meantime: :ducksiren: They're fixing the loving desync! :ducksiren:

awww yea boi

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Grapplejack posted:

Scooby-Doo mask pack this Halloween, please!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Grapplejack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Discendo Vox posted:

I suspect that he's a red herring, though.

I hope he is, it'd be so blatant by this point and also Dragan's my boy :(

Also yeah that my heister is pretty mehhhhh considering they had some really good entries. Like it couldn't have been the inuit lady or the scummy southern car salesman looking guy or any of the actual unique looking people?

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 13, 2017

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Yardbomb posted:

I hope he is, it'd be so blatant by this point and also Dragan's my boy :(

Also yeah that my heister is pretty mehhhhh considering they had some really good entries. Like it couldn't have been the inuit lady or the scummy southern car salesman looking guy or any of the actual unique looking people?

whole lot easier to just reskin rust

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Dragan was not a free character. There is no way he is going to be dishonored and discharged. If he were a paid dlc would have its value retroactively undermined.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I can imagine it just being The Butcher he's talking to. Like, she's the only reason he's in the crew and the dude's name is literally "sweetheart".

Yardbomb posted:

Like it couldn't have been the inuit lady or the scummy southern car salesman looking guy or any of the actual unique looking people?
More and more, I think any deviation from abject blandness was a negative.

I haven't seen the inuit lady but I know I wanted her in the game.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 13, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

maswastaken posted:

I haven't seen the inuit lady but I know I wanted her in the game.

She had a pretty neat mask too

https://twitter.com/Zombieyvalia/status/850690326247473156

Or there was this guy

https://twitter.com/CorndogNinja/status/850877215826784256

And this was a duo so it was unlikely unless they asked them to just pick one but I liked these too

https://twitter.com/hobolegsmcgee/status/851981937405251585

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

I still know what I know.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Coolguye posted:

Dragan was not a free character. There is no way he is going to be dishonored and discharged. If he were a paid dlc would have its value retroactively undermined.

Weapon DLC gets undermined all the time with their constant :wtc: balance changes, so that argument is already out the window.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

Weapon DLC gets undermined all the time with their constant :wtc: balance changes, so that argument is already out the window.

There's a very large difference between ephemeral game balance and literally removing content that someone paid for.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Wolf being a traitor would be a good way to write him out of the game since he's never going to get new lines. Plus it kinds of fits in with Ulf leaving the company if Wolf leaves the crew, since they're basically the same person.

I have no real evidence for this I just can't imagine Dragan or Wick being a traitor.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Coolguye posted:

There's a very large difference between ephemeral game balance and literally removing content that someone paid for.

In a game where you can rescue Hoxton while playing AS Hoxton, what makes you think they'd remove him?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Inability to do anything in the future with a player character is a gigantic design problem.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I think they'll keep Dragan because his VA is like, basically down the road and easy to get. Same with Dallas / Chains / Sydney (I've been kinda surprised Gloria has been so into the payday stuff, i'd guess she's sticking around)

e: i hope they let wolf just retire :(

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Wolf being a traitor would be a good way to write him out of the game since he's never going to get new lines. Plus it kinds of fits in with Ulf leaving the company if Wolf leaves the crew, since they're basically the same person.

I have no real evidence for this I just can't imagine Dragan or Wick being a traitor.

I'd agree here. Plus they've used Dragomir Mršić several times in the live-action stuff and I'm not sure they'd write off a usable actor there for the future.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The most likely person targeting the gang is the well-connected man whose yacht McKendrick was using. He's established to be wealthy and criminally connected, and we stole his server.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Elephant got trumped out in a fluke primary so now he's shacking up with the payday gang.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Discendo Vox posted:

The most likely person targeting the gang is the well-connected man whose yacht McKendrick was using. He's established to be wealthy and criminally connected, and we stole his server.

I don't think they're going to use a character they haven't even named yet.

It's not going to be a heister, even Dragan. They are probably going to have Dragan involved though. Maybe Dragan is working a side deal with the traitor and then gets screwed over.

It could be another contractor - Locke, Elephant or Butcher are all possible.

I bet it's going to be a minor character like Ilija.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

clockworkjoe posted:

I don't think they're going to use a character they haven't even named yet.

It's not going to be a heister, even Dragan. They are probably going to have Dragan involved though. Maybe Dragan is working a side deal with the traitor and then gets screwed over.

It could be another contractor - Locke, Elephant or Butcher are all possible.

I bet it's going to be a minor character like Ilija.

Dude is named, I'm just out of town and can't look it up. We actually don't have any indication that there's someone betraying the gang, aside from Hox vaguely feeeling like it and Matt trying to sow discord.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

It is going to turn out that Dragan is doing something nice for the gang (helping find Kento?) or lining up a big deal/heist and is being hush hush about it for some odd reason.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Yes I'm sure they wouldn't just have a glaring contradiction in the game like having a heister be the traitor while also still being part of the player character pool. Just like they didn't allow people to play as Hoxton during Hoxton Breakout, and just like they totally took out Hector's missions after Hector was revealed to be the guy who ratted out Hoxton.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

Yes I'm sure they wouldn't just have a glaring contradiction in the game like having a heister be the traitor while also still being part of the player character pool. Just like they didn't allow people to play as Hoxton during Hoxton Breakout, and just like they totally took out Hector's missions after Hector was revealed to be the guy who ratted out Hoxton.

bro, it's almost like you didn't think about how wildly impractical that would be.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
I'm waiting for that thermobaric bomb to play some part in this, personally. If Dragan and The Butcher are actually both on the up-and-up, then we might be looking at a situation where it would need to be used to breach something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Play as Dragan to invade other people's heists and steal their cocaine