Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Discendo Vox posted:

Overemployment:
Assaults last an additional 10% longer
Cloaker Toxin: When downed cloakers will drop a tear gas grenade, only shows at a much later crimespree around 150 maybe

Phalanx rush:
Shields use wider shields (Captain shields)

Sniper Rush:
Snipers can now spawn on the field.
Sacrifice: 10% chance for Medics to heal all law enforcers within a 7m radius upon death.

ZAP:
Chance for tasers to electrify nearby heisters on death for a short duration.

Bullzerker:
All bulldozers get a movement speed and damage buff when their face is exposed.
Heavy Artillery: Now when Bulldozers break your armor by shooting you, any excess damage will carry over to your health.

D.O.O.M Tactics:
Cops no longer have to reload their weapons. (does not include SWAT van turrets)
Cease To Feel Pain: Attacking unalerted guards no longer results in a 100% chance to kill them, but it does deal 2x more damage than normal.

Then some suggestions are just pure evil or genius… not sure.
What Keter, i don't see any ♥♥♥♥ing Keter:
There is a super heavy loot bag hidden somewhere on the map.
It is worth nothing. If a player looks directly at it, it has to be saved.

I also like to mention two elements we are trying to avoid in mutators:

Mutators that enforce the player to obtain something to counter it. Like how a “players take explosion damage every 5 second” would force you to take the gage boost that cancel explosion damage.
Mutators that take away or cancel player abilities. Like how a “player cannot use medic bag” would make the medic bag completely useless to the player.

Overmeployment: Longer assaults is OK, the delayed tear gas grenade idea sounds ridiculous and frankly useless especially on open heists unless you're actually going to gas the entire map.

Phalanx rush: The size and shape of the shield is not going to stop them from being blown away with GLs.

Sniper rush: Snipers are way more dangerous when far away, and the idea about medics is just more artificial difficulty and therefore stupid.

ZAP: gently caress no, pairs of tasers that can doubleteam and stun-lock players is bad enough. They need a loving cooldown to their attack as it is.

Bullzerker: They'll still be incredibly easy for any critical dodge player or - for indoor heists - generally anyone who knows how to shoot and then take cover.

D.O.O.M Tactics:: Cops not reloading is stupid fake difficulty in par with raising difficulty by adding larger numbers of more tanky cops. I don't care about stealth so the other idea is w/e to me.

Big heavy loot bag idea is basically Almir's Toast on every heist and should be amusing, but will only be a good idea if securing that bag also gives a mega reward of some sort.

I like how at least he's quite certain that there won't be any modifiers that weaken players, Like I said before, that's a refreshing take on difficulty for Overkill given how all their previous difficulty tweaks have involved arbitrarily loving players over (eg Overkill 145+ in PDTH introducing the idea of greatly reduced health on revive, DW update in PD2 continuing the tradition, and OD taking it further by, well, giving you only one down before custody).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Kikas posted:

Huh wait. The bots can give you a 5% dodge boost? Does it stack? Can 3 bots give you up to 15 dodge?
How is this even remotely balanced?

No, just one.

Bots give two kinds of boosts, each bot bringing one of each type to the game:
#1 stacks per bot. +30% interact speed; +20% ammo pickup or 6m (-2m per bot) Inspire.
#2 does not stack. They're stuff like +5% dodge, +50% reload speed, +3 concealment, health regen (better than Muscle, if I remember right), regain 1 throwable every 35 kills, etc. There's ten possibilities, so you can bring three.

(It's still really unbalanced.)

vv Not really clear at this point. Last night some notables I tried:
- Dragon's Breath Breaker: didn't set dudes on fire, didn't seem to hit multiple targets. No special effect from the ammo, and bots don't seem to use the same shotgun mechanics as players.
- Thanatos: bots shot as slow as you'd expect, but didn't seem to really reflect the gun's normal high damage.
- Buzzsaw: fired really fast when they did, but only in a quick burst every once in a while. Greater fire rate seemed mostly wasted as a result.

Tempest_56 fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 11, 2017

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
What's the most effective weapon to give a bot?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Daryl Surat posted:

Oh, right. This event has a new melee weapon that you can only get through redeemable codes given out on social media. There is a very fine line between developers who don't natively speak English making mistakes and same developers constantly trolling us all:

Useless as it may be, this should've been the John Wick Heists melee :colbert:

Anyone have a spare code, or a suggestion on the best place to find one?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Gort posted:

What's the most effective weapon to give a bot?
All of them. Changing the weapon just kinda sorta changes their rate of fire and not their DPS.

Edit:

I don't think I won, though.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 11, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Tried booting up the game with a few friends to try the new stuff and it was pretty much an unmitigated disaster. Tried starting up crime spree three consecutive times and each time either the game crashed or everybody but the host desynced. Then we couldn't play them anymore because one of our number ran out of coins. Ok so we fired up a Safe House Defense, in which all but the host immediately desynced, then the ai cut out, then the host crashed. Is this just what this game is like now?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
no, that sounds unusually problem-strewn considering what i've heard so far.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Tried booting up the game with a few friends to try the new stuff and it was pretty much an unmitigated disaster. Tried starting up crime spree three consecutive times and each time either the game crashed or everybody but the host desynced. Then we couldn't play them anymore because one of our number ran out of coins. Ok so we fired up a Safe House Defense, in which all but the host immediately desynced, then the ai cut out, then the host crashed. Is this just what this game is like now?

I know there's an issue right now where if you have HQ Weapons turned off some weapon mods will crash your game. Might be that? Was my problem for a bit anyways.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Congrats mas for winning the puzzle! The solution was apparently "DARKSOULS14"

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Did everyone in your group turn off mods? Wolfhud, the current pet favourite HUD mod, is particularly crash happy at the moment. It's got a particularly nasty one right now that will crash the game at the heist start screen which will eat your coins if you are doing crime spree (and crashes clients who don't have the mod).

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Congrats mas for winning the puzzle! The solution was apparently "DARKSOULS14"
My only regret is making a turret/joker build, putting on Vincent and changing my Steam name*

That and winning, since I have to design a mask now and have literally a dozen friend requests all likely to lead to dank memes and possibly angry requests for the real answer.

Which was actually "OVERSHILL", you filthy liar.

*This is a lie. If it stayed as Mas, there'd be no escape.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

UnknownMercenary posted:

Did everyone in your group turn off mods? Wolfhud, the current pet favourite HUD mod, is particularly crash happy at the moment. It's got a particularly nasty one right now that will crash the game at the heist start screen which will eat your coins if you are doing crime spree (and crashes clients who don't have the mod).

I'm running Pocohud and haven't had a single crash, so maybe try that for the interim?

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

maswastaken posted:

My only regret is making a turret/joker build, putting on Vincent and changing my Steam name*

That and winning, since I have to design a mask now and have literally a dozen friend requests all likely to lead to dank memes and possibly angry requests for the real answer.

Which was actually "OVERSHILL", you filthy liar.

*This is a lie. If it stayed as Mas, there'd be no escape.

Make a paper mask of a smiling grenade with anime eyes. That'll show them.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

True story: A lot of bad ideas have been spitballed and not one of them comes close to a brown paper mask with bushy sharpie eyebrows.

Except for Emperor's New Mask - literally nothing for the community.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The only other serious one I could think of is a big old timey twirly mustache or staredog, but those definitely aren't as good.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Shooting Blanks posted:

Anyone have a spare code, or a suggestion on the best place to find one?

Discord.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

quote:

Heavy Artillery: Now when Bulldozers break your armor by shooting you, any excess damage will carry over to your health.

Given how damage scales in crime spree, this would mean black dozers would literally one shot anyone.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

UnknownMercenary posted:

It could be that, I honestly don't know what everyone's mod situation was. Though two of us (myself included) were working off fresh installs so that does narrow it down a bit.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Just finished Heat Street OD. It took 50 minutes.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

maswastaken posted:

All of them. Changing the weapon just kinda sorta changes their rate of fire and not their DPS.

Edit:

I don't think I won, though.

Congrats! I was shocked to open my email this morning to [MANY GUN] CLOVERAPTOR

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Is there a walkthrough for the puzzle? I just want to see how complex it was.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Was it fun?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

maswastaken posted:

True story: A lot of bad ideas have been spitballed and not one of them comes close to a brown paper mask with bushy sharpie eyebrows.

Except for Emperor's New Mask - literally nothing for the community.

Send them a picture of yourself to make a mask out of your face.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

Now do it with a host with a good CPU.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

Now do it with a host with a good CPU.

TheObserver posted:

Was it fun?

Truth be told, it wasn't as bad as I make it sound- and we had easily the worst turret spawns possible throughout. We cleared it first try, and could probably do it again. But we won't. Because we're not insane.

clockworkjoe posted:

Is there a walkthrough for the puzzle? I just want to see how complex it was.

I think xhe's been asked to stay mum on it for a little while.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It wasn't 50 minutes for 1 run was it? Because I can't imagine that unless you had to sit through multiple waves to push Matt up that last hill due to bad RNG.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
There is the achievement for waiting around 30 minutes without burning the van for Matt to get out, mind.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I doubt Vox was doing that on One Down even with a poo poo computer.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

I think xhe's been asked to stay mum on it for a little while.
She isn't sure if you'll be like "Oh, right" or "Seriously? gently caress you" when the final step of the solution is revealed. They ain't spilling.

UnknownMercenary posted:

It wasn't 50 minutes for 1 run was it? Because I can't imagine that unless you had to sit through multiple waves to push Matt up that last hill due to bad RNG.
I can totally see Vox and co hiding in the start of the map for 30 minutes instead of fighting the ceaseless circle of spawns.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

Bingo. Swat turret halfway up the hill, with two in custody. A big factor is that jokers were unwilling to actually cross over into that final street, so we couldn't use their support. Fall back, wait for assault to end, push matt, fall back, trade one player, wait for wave to end, push matt...

Fun fact, though- you can activate that turret (on the right side of the overpass), head back down to Matt's van, and kill it from there.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Apr 12, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
You ready for some downpour?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Smash reveal on the raincoats was perfect.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

I was in custody for over half of that because of using a shotgun on heat street at all. 6 dead civs = over 3m trade delay and the gap between assaults is roughly 40s :negative:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

maswastaken posted:

She isn't sure if you'll be like "Oh, right" or "Seriously? gently caress you" when the final step of the solution is revealed. They ain't spilling.

:frogout:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Payday 2 is coming out on the Switch.

I have no idea what the gently caress.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

payday 2 is coming to the nintendo switch

what is happening to my body

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Overkill must really be hard up on cash. They can't even keep the PS4/Xbone versions up to date.

Also naturally they still haven't fixed the 5/7 ammo pickup; they just gave it more total ammo and called it a day.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Also naturally they still haven't fixed the 5/7 ammo pickup; they just gave it more total ammo and called it a day.

Patch notes say they changed it. To what, who knows.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

John Murdoch posted:

Patch notes say they changed it. To what, who knows.

From their track record, I'm betting on 0,20. Welcome to the age of the 5/7 AP, BABY :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Power Bottom posted:

payday 2 is coming to the nintendo switch

what is happening to my body

On one hand, I'm having flashbacks to trying to play the PS4 version with some console-only friends.

On the other, the novelty of handheld Payday 2 is kind of tempting...