Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Shinjobi posted:

I have lived in Texas my entire life and this rise of Californians is a bigger cancer than Texas's own politicians.

That's mind blowing stuff to me.

i'm tired of winning :ca:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

MadJackal posted:

gently caress me. We spent half a million dollars per ISIS schmuck killed. Military spending is cancer.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Sir Tonk posted:

https://twitter.com/HoustonChron/status/852904852162301953

The Texas leg is on a roll this year. Now they want to remove all property controls from city governments.

Bulldozing redneck bastions and replacing with liberal utopias.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Shinjobi posted:

I have lived in Texas my entire life and this rise of Californians is a bigger cancer than Texas's own politicians.

So, what is the phenomenon that y'all are referring to? CA to TX transplants who are...suburban whites? Poor? Conservative?

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/AdamHSays/status/852908508345503744

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Potato Salad posted:

So, what is the phenomenon that y'all are referring to? CA to TX transplants who are...suburban whites? Poor? Conservative?

suburban white conservatives who got priced out of their mcmansions

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Potato Salad posted:

def suburban white, and generally rich (or at least well off) / liberal. the same rent they pay for a tiny shitshack in california gets them a nice apartment here. rent has gone to poo poo in Dallas because of all the transplants into TX and a willingness to pay insanely high rent.

their companies are moving into TX, particularly Plano because of some weird insanely good tax situation, relocating their employees here

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
does everyone who wants to feel hot & dry & racist move to texas

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

Shinjobi posted:

Plenty of them in Colorado but they help offset the crazies on the eastern and western slopes so I only complain about them during the winter.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Joementum posted:

this is me, the writer who opens articles about dumb poo poo texas does with Goethe quotes

in untranslated german, no less, that they then translate so that you plebs can know how smart they are

Serf
May 5, 2011

white people can see the writing on the wall, and boy howdy it scares us

question is how far will we go to not become a minority

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

deadgoon posted:

does everyone who wants to feel hot & dry & racist move to texas

nah, Reagan did it first when he got sick and tired of Peoria-lookin' places

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Ofc

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Serf posted:

TRUMP!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Is it one of those things where brainwashed inland deplorables are moving to what they have convinced themselves is a wonderful utopia of conservative freedom and obviously way more success and more jobs, or is it a mix of people who just want lower rent and haven't yet processed what that may mean if you're moving to texas to find it

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

2DCAT posted:

If a thing like this is worth doing at all, it's worth doing right.

buy a bunch and put up an etsy or something. I'd like one.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Serf posted:

A bit further than the craziest thing you can possibly imagine.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Epic High Five posted:

Is it one of those things where brainwashed inland deplorables are moving to what they have convinced themselves is a wonderful utopia of conservative freedom and obviously way more success and more jobs, or is it a mix of people who just want lower rent and haven't yet processed what that may mean if you're moving to texas to find it

yes

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Serf posted:

I personally am teaching minorities how to hate minorities.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Count me in for a pin or two as well if someone is doing that

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

The conservative "Californians fleeing the state" meme is bullshit, we are actually indirectly sling shotting all our lovely conservatives and replacing them with hard working immigrants and/or high earning tech bros who either don't vote or vote libertarian

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

my very first experience in Texas, Austin, was some guy yelling at me to buy perfume and cologne coupons in a gas station off the humongous freeway

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
I just lived in Texas for three years and I gotta say, gently caress Texas

it's like a microcosm of everything wrong with the US, especially the part where it's too proud and special to fix its poo poo

literally any non-Southern state is better than Texas

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also plano kind of sucks poo poo. if your company wants to move you there, thats fine, but don't actually live in plano

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

mostly white person checking in here as exceptionally racist against whites now

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

2DCAT posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: I've been summoned to testify to Congress again and would like to wear the CSPAM hand drawn :think_face: as a pin lapel. PLS help me you artsy people in making this dumb dream a reality... If done, I'll do my best to make a dumb enough statement to get on the youtubes

you should make a factual boring statement but be making exactly the same thinkingface as your lapel pin

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

A bit further than the craziest thing you can possibly imagine.

i mean im imagining camps, so i guess the next craziest thing would be... diseases tailored to target nonwhite people??

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
civil rights for whites

civil whites

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
speaking for the "white as hell" population

man we're dumb

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

As Billiam Shakespeare once wrote, "Rough hands do shake the darling buds of May," and this week Theresa May will be shaking some rough hands indeed as she visits a coal mine.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Serf posted:

i mean im imagining camps, so i guess the next craziest thing would be... diseases tailored to target nonwhite people??

the cia tried that in the 80's and it backfired badly

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
my aunt and uncle who live in the high desert in CA moved to vermont one year

they moved back after their first winter :getout:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

As Billiam Shakespeare once wrote, "Rough hands do shake the darling buds of May," and this week Theresa May will be shaking some rough hands indeed as she visits a coal mine.

this sounds more like a weed analogy imo :2bong:

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

deadgoon posted:

civil rights for whites

civil whites

Be sure to always separate you civil whites from your civil darks

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

eonwe posted:

also plano kind of sucks poo poo. if your company wants to move you there, thats fine, but don't actually live in plano

That whole area is strip mall dystopia. DFW has the least amount of character of any big city I've been to.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

What I've never understood about the whole "minorities have it so good, it's crazy!" is how the conclusion of the thought is always that white people should commit to anything possible, up to and including genocide, to prevent themselves from becoming a minority

Like, I dunno man, didn't you just say it was a sweet gig?

Also the fact that the people harping most strongly about people creating lots of white babies without exception either have none and don't plan on having kids, or have a non-white spouse. Then they write long blog posts about how things that would incentive people to have kids (free childcare, medicaid for all children, UBI so single income households can be a thing maybe) are all literally worse than anything that has ever been done in history

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/852912773910548480

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Houston is a giant swamp and Dallas is a soulless sprawling flat hellhole with inauthentic food and suburban strip malls everywhere. Austin is cool and close to the prettier hill country, but is also crowded as poo poo and insufferable.

And I'm probably moving from Dallas to the Austin area in a few months lol.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

punchymcpunch posted:

shes gonna one-up ol' Mag-Thatch by personally burying a bunch of coal miners alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Schnorkles posted:

"white as heil"

• Locked thread