Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

eonwe posted:

also plano kind of sucks poo poo. if your company wants to move you there, thats fine, but don't actually live in plano

It sounds like what Kansas did a few years ago. Basically pay businesses to move there, but whoops now they have no money to make it a place anybody would want to live so businesses that have operations there are struggling to find people who actually want to live in loving "soon to be first failed state" Kansas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

paranoid randroid posted:

shes gonna one-up ol' Mag-Thatch by personally burying a bunch of coal miners alive

can she do that in wv next?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Joementum posted:

my aunt and uncle who live in the high desert in CA moved to vermont one year

they moved back after their first winter :getout:

And nobody blamed them

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

:eyepop:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I just lived in Texas for three years and I gotta say, gently caress Texas

it's like a microcosm of everything wrong with the US, especially the part where it's too proud and special to fix its poo poo

literally any non-Southern state is better than Texas

I have to interject and say that far far West Texas is more like New Mexico than "real" Texas. We have very few of those imbeciles driving around with rifle and shotgun racks in their gigantic pickups and losers with cowboy boots and hats and gigantic belt buckles. And people are far less racist because the population is largely Hispanic.

Servers will still ask "what kind?" when you ask for a Coke so it's still got that going for it though.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

paranoid randroid posted:

shes gonna one-up ol' Mag-Thatch by personally burying a bunch of coal miners alive

"Because I worked for their deaths, and I earned it!"

*Conservatives applaud her for this bon mot for generations on end*

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Star Wars trailer owned

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Epic High Five posted:

Is it one of those things where brainwashed inland deplorables are moving to what they have convinced themselves is a wonderful utopia of conservative freedom and obviously way more success and more jobs, or is it a mix of people who just want lower rent and haven't yet processed what that may mean if you're moving to texas to find it

if it's anything like the influx of middle-class people that swarmed kansas city about 5-7 years ago 80% of them are just mostly there because their company moved away from the overpriced hellhole that is the bay area and they're along for the ride.

they gently caress up the economic basics for a little bit in terms of higher rent and access to food, and if they're lucky they effect the political makeup of the area a little, but in general things revert back to a comfortable baseline within a few years and a year or two after that more luxury goods and services show up to suit the denser and typically more affluent population.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

C'mon Daisy Ridley do it for America

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Democratic Pirate posted:

Houston is a giant swamp and Dallas is a soulless sprawling flat hellhole with inauthentic food and suburban strip malls everywhere. Austin is cool and close to the prettier hill country, but is also crowded as poo poo and insufferable.

And I'm probably moving from Dallas to the Austin area in a few months lol.
here's a fun fact: once you're in round rock, you won't think of yourself as living in the Austin area, because it's such a nightmare to do anything in Austin coming from up there

(because Austin is a lovely city that has refused to do infrastructure upgrades for the past 30 years, because Texas)

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Coolguye posted:

if it's anything like the influx of middle-class people that swarmed kansas city about 5-7 years ago 80% of them are just mostly there because their company moved away from the overpriced hellhole that is the bay area and they're along for the ride.

they gently caress up the economic basics for a little bit in terms of higher rent and access to food, and if they're lucky they effect the political makeup of the area a little, but in general things revert back to a comfortable baseline within a few years and a year or two after that more luxury goods and services show up to suit the denser and typically more affluent population.

why, why couldn't it have been Amazon :eng99:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

D1E posted:

I have to interject and say that far far West Texas is more like New Mexico than "real" Texas. We have very few of those imbeciles driving around with rifle and shotgun racks in their gigantic pickups and losers with cowboy boots and hats and gigantic belt buckles. And people are far less racist because the population is largely Hispanic.

Servers will still ask "what kind?" when you ask for a Coke so it's still got that going for it though.

yeah let me just have one o them big red cokes

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
which web magazine will be the first to publish a take on the social issues illuminated by the star wars trailer / poster?

i'm rooting for vox, but i think slate or mashable might win this time

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shinjobi posted:

I have lived in Texas my entire life and this rise of Californians is a bigger cancer than Texas's own politicians.

That's mind blowing stuff to me.

Lol are all the scrubs fleeing the shitlands of Anaheim and Bakersfield and Woodland and Oroville and Danville and heading to goddamn Houston?

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
my favorite thing about this thread is that posting is pissing in an ocean of piss

whatup, pissbuddies, soon we will have a pisstape to usher in the pissvolution

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Joementum posted:

which web magazine will be the first to publish a take on the social issues illuminated by the star wars trailer / poster?

i'm rooting for vox, but i think slate or mashable might win this time

going dark horse

the hill

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

10 things the star wars trailer tells us about gender relations

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
jesus died this weekend why cant we

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

It sounds like what Kansas did a few years ago. Basically pay businesses to move there, but whoops now they have no money to make it a place anybody would want to live so businesses that have operations there are struggling to find people who actually want to live in loving "soon to be first failed state" Kansas

plano is fine in so far as you like lots of strip malls and really big churches. its also pretty safe

past that, its got nothing

Serf
May 5, 2011

star wars trailer tells us that star wars is still rad

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

10 things the star wars trailer tells us about gender relations

Bernie Sanders: The Last Progressive (on Slate)

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Weeping Wound posted:

Bernie Sanders: The Last Progressive (on Slate)

Bernie would have shot first.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
It looks fukken weird that their feces arent aligned

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Good Star Wars movies: Rouge One, Star Wars, Empire, the Jabba the Hutt & Throne Room parts of Return of the Jedi, and the Emporer Palapatine scenes in Revenge of the Sith

Everything else is GARBAGE

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

boethius posted:

Bernie would have shot first.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

buttigieg would have shot first

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Good Star Wars movies: Rouge One, Star Wars, Empire, the Jabba the Hutt & Throne Room parts of Empire, and the Emporer Palapatine scenes in Revenge of the Sith

Everything else is GARBAGE

Ian McDiarmid absolutely hamming it up in episode 3 was great

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Mike Tyson to Chris Christie: tell Donald Trump to give me the pardon he promised

:lol:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

This is my nodong

That's my taepodong

Serf
May 5, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

Ian McDiarmid absolutely hamming it up in episode 3 was great

dude kills it in every scene he's in. love that dude

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHn-EJtYwd8

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Chris Christie somehow less respected than the convicted rapist

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

image origin bonus content:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

jesus died this weekend why cant we

The Pirates are playing the Cubs this weekend and are going to get slaughtered, so I'm all for nuclear fire

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

y'all got any ranch cokes? ill take a ranch coke

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Epic High Five posted:

i'm not aware of companies flocking to kansas, per se. they flocked to kansas city due to google fiber, and KC straddles state lines. there are two kansas cities; KC, Missouri and KC, Kansas. KC Missouri is by far the larger of the two. KC has actually generally prospered as the rest of Kansas itself has gone to hell; populations in Topeka and Wichita are down or flat while populations in KC are up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's time for the Jedi to end

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Teaser checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can say now without a doubt that Star Wars is going to be a movie

• Locked thread