Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Serf posted:

well it seems like they get it from the trailer. luke is basically explaining what happened at the end of rotj

Jar Jar Binks was my favorite Star Wars character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

deadgoon posted:

jedi bad

who knew???

this is what the prequels were about

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
darth vader is the way and the truth and the light

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

Kill all Jedi and all Sith and everything is balanced bing bing bong

I really hate this duality theme they've had going on ever since... KOTOR maybe? It's supposed to be the Force, and the dark side of the Force. Not like the best Force is somewhere in the middle, like maybe you just murder people sometimes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my guess: luke is saying its time for the jedi to die, and they're going to make an order thats not complete dogshit where its alright for people to love each other and they aren't weird sexless monks who were abducted as kids and never got a choice in their lifestyle

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wheres the war i was promised

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

:same: dude

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

VectorSigma posted:

oh no they're culturally appropriating the original trilogy

I'd prefer original stuff that thematically mirrors the originals (like KOTOR) without just safely copying them beat-for-beat

In other words,

Coolguye posted:

rogue one owned.

Also it's totally normal for me, a man in his late 20's, to have opinions about cash grab cinematic universe remakes of dumb space operas that were themselves total rip-offs other films

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

VectorSigma posted:

oh no they're culturally appropriating the original trilogy

lol

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Serf posted:

this is what the prequels were about

did the writers of the new trilogy watch the prequels

Serf
May 5, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

i got mixed feelings about him as an adult, but he's not terrible

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Yinlock posted:

it's a v. surprising plot twist

does that mean baloogan is kylo ren???

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

eonwe posted:

my guess: luke is saying its time for the jedi to die, and they're going to make an order thats not complete dogshit where its alright for people to love each other and they aren't weird sexless monks who were abducted as kids and never got a choice in their lifestyle

a.....new jedi order???

*drops moon on chewbacca so barnacle people from another galaxy can invade*

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nichael posted:

I want the latter just for the alt right to explode.

I haven't seen either new Star Wars, but maybe ther'll be a Greedo and a Wookie makeout sesh

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

New Star Wars is going to own bones. I'm ready for old fat Luke hating on the Jedi and Poe and Finn making out.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ramadu posted:

a.....new jedi order???

wowzers!

Serf
May 5, 2011

deadgoon posted:

did the writers of the new trilogy watch the prequels

hopefully so, tho you really only need to watch esb and rotj to understand that the jedi were poo poo

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Also it's totally normal for me, a man in his late 20's, to have opinions about cash grab cinematic universe remakes of dumb space operas that were themselves total rip-offs other films

yeah, it is. i mean, it's like a major part of the culture that you live in so have some opinions, bro! lol at the idea that you're not supposed to have opinions about cultural artifacts that are huge monetary and ideological edifices.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

New Star Wars is going to own bones. I'm ready for old fat Luke hating on the Jedi and Poe and Finn making out.

Where is trump in the new star wars tho, you gotta stay on topiq

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Flavius Belisarius posted:

I really hate this duality theme they've had going on ever since... KOTOR maybe? It's supposed to be the Force, and the dark side of the Force. Not like the best Force is somewhere in the middle, like maybe you just murder people sometimes.

Kreia in kotor2 had a good point about how the setting is pretty dumb and bad

Fun tho

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

don't hate the jedi, hate the force

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Vinja Ninja posted:

yuuzhan vong

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Epic High Five posted:

Kill all Jedi and all Sith and everything is balanced bing bing bong
it's this

the blind force-sensitive priest in rogue one was cool, i'm fine with the force being a magic equivalent allowing people to occasionally do awesome stuff, but jesus christ i just space out any time a lightsaber turns on because i know nothing matters.

Yinlock posted:

wasn't this basically kotor 2

sort of

the best part of the game was talking to atton and having him admit that in a previous life he was a seriously drat good jedi hunter, he'd get the drop on them by poisoning or gassing them before they had any idea there was a threat. that owned.

Serf posted:

the jedi as a philosophy died in rotj and i hope the writers realized that
fun fact: the original name for rotj was 'revenge of the jedi' instead of 'return of the jedi'. lucas later changed it because it was antithetical to the jedi philosophy to take revenge.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

I haven't seen either new Star Wars, but maybe ther'll be a Greedo and a Wookie makeout sesh
Space miscegenation!!!

I guarantee, there'd be like fifty threads on Reddit about how that's wrong

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

The bad guy who is the good guy's father is named the Dutch word for "father."

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

The Vinja Ninja posted:

trump hopefully allows me to live long enough to see the movie and have enough money and for there to be movie theaters and stuff. do me that solid, donnyt.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pomp posted:

kotor 2 is the only star wars thing that actually gets its own implications lol

eh it could also be argued that it tries to take things way too seriously, valid arguments for both imo

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

george lucas owns tho

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Serf posted:

i mean im imagining camps, so i guess the next craziest thing would be... diseases tailored to target nonwhite people??

Crazier than that. I'm suburb-raised white as gently caress and even I don't know how crazy, but it'll be loving crazy.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Ramadu posted:

a.....new jedi order???

In junior high I used to carry around New Jedi Order paperbacks in my jean pockets so that I could read them whenever we had a break in class

I was also extremely popular and totally fingered girls in the library stacks like the other cool kids (no)

Serf
May 5, 2011

Coolguye posted:

fun fact: the original name for rotj was 'revenge of the jedi' instead of 'return of the jedi'. lucas later changed it because it was antithetical to the jedi philosophy to take revenge.

yep! as seen when luke refuses to kill vader, and owns the poo poo out of dickbags like yoda and obi-wan

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

it's like a major part of the culture that you live in

Go outside

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

VectorSigma posted:

don't hate the jedi, hate the force

I've enough hate for both, thank you very much.

*Jumps into TIE Defender, WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRs out of thread*

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ramadu posted:

george lucas owns tho

definitely

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i never red any books w the yuuzjon voight in em but i think maybe i read a comic with em in it

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

where? to the grocery store where there are a bunch of cereals branded with star wars stuff? yeah, it's really only shut-ins that get bombarded with that billion dollar franchise, cool guy on the forum.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

donald trump is outside, no thanks!!!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Citizen Tayne posted:

It's fiction, the writers can do whatever the gently caress they want

I hope they retcon a lot of poo poo and cause angry nerd explosions

they already did lol

when disney bought star wars all of the EU poo poo was declared non-canon, then they granted harrison ford's long standing wish to get the gently caress out of star wars gracefully. han solo in the EU became a naval admiral and fought a half dozen imperial warlords for like 20 years after the empire officially fell so all of that went away and he got stabbed like a bitch instead lol

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
when will the droids be free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Kreia in kotor2 had a good point about how the setting is pretty dumb and bad

Fun tho

Kreia owned pretty hard