Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It strikes me that adulthood is such a fictional concept that babies havin babies is really a sentiment that applies to all of us. I for one feel totally ill equipped to rear a well adjusted human being. Hell, the dog and I pretty much take turns regarding who's in charge.

Still, the girlfriend has a bio-clock so we'll probably have a kid or two. Good luck world.

Honestly I'm fine either way--DINK life is great but having kids feels like something I should do. My wife's ovaries lost their goddamned mind recently though and she wants to pop some out as soon as she's done with her masters program. She was staunchly against babies up until like 6 months ago, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I would say bring some food but considering those pics...

Maybe wine?

Actually that's a worse idea

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Thaddius the Large posted:

I'm extremely excited, the original was a big part of my childhood, and while my kid's just a hair too young to appreciate the new version, I'm probably gonna make her watch it anyway.

Edit: English is real hard today

my halloween costume when I was six years old was Crow T Robot

Represent

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
The wife and I are both off today and the kid is at daycare, so we're about to head out for prime rib french dips for​ lunch.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Neil Armbong posted:

The wife and I are both off today and the kid is at daycare, so we're about to head out for prime rib french dips for​ lunch.

That's a hell of a euphamism

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You better have sex with your wife after eating the French Dips dude.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

No poo poo, which one?
Hampton Yount, who is an amazing stand-up comedian and I would recommend everyone look him up immediately.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That's a hell of a euphamism

Hahaha. It's one of the greatest sandwiches I've eaten.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Anyone ever eat at a Culver's before? Thinking of going there for lunch.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Wife and I are 42, no kids, still happy with it. We talk about it maybe once every year or two, just to make sure we're both on the same page and not having regrets. We probably would be really good parents but we also don't really like kids and don't want to give up all the poo poo we'd give up if we had kids.

There's definitely that worry that maybe you've missed out on the most important thing in life, but that's just your genes talking. The reality is that the world doesn't need more people and if you've got brothers and sisters with kids (we do), you can be good uncles/aunts on your own terms and not have to destroy your lifestyle and bank account just to rear one with genes more closely matching your own.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Hampton Yount, who is an amazing stand-up comedian and I would recommend everyone look him up immediately.

Did you know him when he was the before in the weight watchers or ad or when he was the after

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

swickles posted:

We have them around here. I like the Tenderloin.

Basically anything you get will be horrible for you.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

swickles posted:

It's good. The custard is legit.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

swickles posted:

I have, it's fine but didn't blow me away or anything.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Leperflesh posted:

There's definitely that worry that maybe you've missed out on the most important thing in life, but that's just your genes talking. The reality is that the world doesn't need more people and if you've got brothers and sisters with kids (we do), you can be good uncles/aunts on your own terms and not have to destroy your lifestyle and bank account just to rear one with genes more closely matching your own.

I love you. This is the exact mentality to take.

Also, if you and your wife's perspective changes down the road, there's no reason you can't adopt a kid or foster. There are plenty of wonderful kids out there that need loving homes, kids who already exist. Don't make more.

I've met numerous people who looked me straight in the eye and told me that they couldn't love an adopted baby as much as they could love a baby they made. I think of this everytime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9euvJYg3Aqc

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Did you know him when he was the before in the weight watchers or ad or when he was the after
Both!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Cool, I've got a friend up here trying to make it in the Philly stand up scene. Havent seen much of the DC scene.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Why do people do stand-up? Seems awful.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I've met numerous people who looked me straight in the eye and told me that they couldn't love an adopted baby as much as they could love a baby they made. I think of this everytime:

I mean, that's probably true? At least in as much as people are sort of biologically forced to love their biological baby, because for the first little while it's basically a filthy screaming parasite that any rational living thing would immediately abandon if they weren't being heavily dosed in the brain with powerful hormones and poo poo.

But once they develop their own actual personalities then yeah uhhh. Of course you can love your adopted child just as much as one that you gave your genes to.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Why do people do stand-up? Seems awful.

Pathological need for attention and approval at any cost. There's a reason tons of stand-ups are horribly depressed people.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

swickles posted:

it's one of the better fast food places and has p good ice cream

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Let's talk about bombs here instead. I like them in the abstract, like looking at pictures of explosions. I would probably not like to be in the explosion though.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

A Man and his dog posted:

What's the best gift / item to bring to this Easter dinner.

Everyone keeps telling me that I have to bring something for the table.

What the gently caress.

Bring bread and say you're passing out some fresh Jesus

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
She's already like be prepared for this...

I'm just gonna tell her old man to gently caress off.

:allears:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I'm torn, as desperate as we are for foster and adoptive providers, as a child welfare caseworker I'm actually extremely okay with this position. The fact is I've worked too many cases where a foster parent can't cut it, or worse, an adoptive parent decides to bail on a kid and return them like an unwanted puppy to the pound, and it's exponentially more traumatic for a kid to do that than the original separation from their bio-parents. If someone isn't fully committed to the long haul, that's fine, I'll take someone deciding in advance they don't have what it takes over a failed adoption any day of the week.

That being said, there is a desperate need for homes, and people shouldn't worry about being the perfect parent. Just don't go in expecting you'll get a perfect kid, love them regardless, and the rest will work itself out.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm going to eat a piece of key lime pie tonight to celebrate Jesus

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Did Jesus like key lime pie?

I guess I don't see why he wouldn't.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

sean10mm posted:

The formula I heard was that you figure out how many kids you can actually afford. Then divide by two and round down.

Also when you're definitely done having kids get a loving vasectomy. Nothing stupider than having a surprise kid 5-10 years after you're supposed to be done because you were a baby back bitch about getting a nick on your nutsack. This happens constantly because humans are immensely stupid.

my snipping was the best $15 i ever spent. :hfive:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

Get lemon meringue instead because it's better

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

Did Jesus like key lime pie?

I guess I don't see why he wouldn't.

luke 8:14

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

Get lemon meringue instead because it's better

I don't have access to lemon meringue :-/

There is a place called firebirds that has really good key lime though

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

luke 8:14

Hmmm

quote:

Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity.

Yeah you shouldn't have kids.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
A fresh hot apple pie with a side of vanilla ice cream is the best pie.

But peach cobbler is also very good.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Thaddius the Large posted:

I'm torn, as desperate as we are for foster and adoptive providers, as a child welfare caseworker I'm actually extremely okay with this position. The fact is I've worked too many cases where a foster parent can't cut it, or worse, an adoptive parent decides to bail on a kid and return them like an unwanted puppy to the pound, and it's exponentially more traumatic for a kid to do that than the original separation from their bio-parents. If someone isn't fully committed to the long haul, that's fine, I'll take someone deciding in advance they don't have what it takes over a failed adoption any day of the week.

That being said, there is a desperate need for homes, and people shouldn't worry about being the perfect parent. Just don't go in expecting you'll get a perfect kid, love them regardless, and the rest will work itself out.

What the gently caress. Do you have a ballpark estimate % of this occurrence?

P.S. I love you, and the world is a better place because you are in it.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Ehud posted:

Nice. The place we're at for lunch also makes killer key lime pie, so we're having that as well.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What the gently caress. Do you have a ballpark estimate % of this occurrence?

P.S. I love you, and the world is a better place because you are in it.

Maybe it's because I'm a functional adult human, but Jesus christ, even if I ever did do something that awful like returning a kid I adopted, the guilt afterward would probably be too much to take.

poo poo, I felt guilty when I couldn't help my nephew over the phone navigate through a level in Pokemon to get an item he needed

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

Hmmm

Yeah you shouldn't have kids.

lol I was wondering what it was gonna say

I just picked a random gospel verse because it would be something Jesus said or something about Jesus

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Neil Armbong posted:

Nice. The place we're at for lunch also makes killer key lime pie, so we're having that as well.

:vince:

This is the perfect romantic day date.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

poo poo, I felt guilty when I couldn't help my nephew over the phone navigate through a level in Pokemon to get an item he needed

Ross you seem like a good guy

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

A Man and his dog posted:

She's already like be prepared for this...

I'm just gonna tell her old man to gently caress off.

:allears:

Please try to not rape and/or destroy another woman's life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Grittybeard posted:

Let's talk about bombs here instead. I like them in the abstract, like looking at pictures of explosions. I would probably not like to be in the explosion though.

Pussy.

• Locked thread