Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
People can often redeem themselves from boneheaded mistakes/errors in judgement/general dumbness by reacting to it in a way that demonstrates they understand the gravity of what they did, owning it and being willing to do what's necessary to make it right. She doesn't seem to really want to do all 3 of those things though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah she specifically asked what she says to him to get him to talk to her.

Do something! Don't say something!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Yawgmoth posted:

Throwing away thousands of dollars of my loving property is a great way to make any relationship nonexistent, come on Pick you know better than this.

She does know it's just transparently because of what the hobby is in this case.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TheScott2K posted:

Pick please post a picture of the sculpture so that we may judge it and, by extension, you.

I am a little sore in that I don't have one. But I took some progress pictures to log how I was building it. You can see that it involved sprayfoam and fabric and some other stuff over an armature because I needed it to still be light enough to move it. Once it was sanded and painted it was in normal skin tones.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

this is very stereotypical of an english ed major lol

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Neat!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Edit:beaten

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh, I guess I have a picture of the hands, too

Hands need more detail, so they're Super Sculpey, attached to the figure of sprayfoam and fabric layering and etc, with Bondo.

Lots of logging materials as well because it was made for only a few hundred bucks. False fingernails added later, a wig on it, it was pretty swank for an 11th grader.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Pick posted:

Hands need more detail, so they're Super Sculpey, attached to the figure of sprayfoam and fabric layering and etc, with Bondo.

Lots of logging materials as well because it was made for only a few hundred bucks.

Those hands are crazy good :eyepop:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It's really good, but also a little creepy. Reconsidering my stance a little as I'm afraid it would haunt my house. Did it have a face?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Pick posted:

Lots of logging materials as well because it was made for only a few hundred bucks. False fingernails added later, a wig on it, it was pretty swank for an 11th grader.
Did you cut someone's hands off and glue them to that because that is some dedication to your craft.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tiny Deer posted:

No, I agree: giving away his Warhams was a good deed in a way, although giving them to some poor kid is a bad deed so it sort of balances out.

also i get it pick your parents just wanted to quietly discourage your homonculus-making without being hurtful and the hoarding excuse was the best they could come up with

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

warhammer is cancer

Not arguing that point at all.

:same:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I recently found out my mom threw out a clay head I'd made in elementary school. It sucked, but I hadn't seen it in years anyway and also it had this uncanny valley neanderthal thing going on that creeped me out and I'm sure it did the same to her.

But then again, a multiple year old art project that you don't keep in your house and never thought about until recently is in no way comparable to a loved one entering your home and just jacking your poo poo without your knowledge or consent.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Cool statue, chick bro.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I don't have any interest in playing the game, but definitely respect people who do super cool paint jobs on their models. If it wasn't so stupidly expensive I'd probably want to start collecting them just to paint them. This is my opinion about Warhammer.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

It's really good, but also a little creepy. Reconsidering my stance a little as I'm afraid it would haunt my house. Did it have a face?

They all did. And it was an extension of one of my highschool hobbies, dollmaking. As you can tell, you can blame anime. Thankfully, years of people making fun of me means I don't really sculpt any more.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Pick posted:

They all did. And it was an extension of one of my highschool hobbies, dollmaking. As you can tell, you can blame anime. Thankfully, years of people making fun of me means I don't really sculpt any more.

AAAAAAA I mean actually it's really cool craftsmanship wise but AAAAAA that face

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I just paint cheap minis with ghetto paint these days.
Here's my first attempt at painting greyscale that I did a week ago.

https://imgur.com/a/n8eWT

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

aw hon they only made fun of you in retaliation for the lifetime of nightmares

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I get the sense that Warhammer is like Mall Madness but for boys

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

this is very stereotypical of an english ed major lol

all my English teachers in school were either terrifying matriarchs or clueless, sleepy, and frightened of their students

wonder how this one will turn out

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

TheScott2K posted:

more like a dollhouse with an extensive legal code afaict

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pick posted:

Pick... You are a very interesting person 🤔

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Pick posted:

I would proudly put that on my shelf. It would scare off evil spirits and invite gay vampires into my life.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

this guy is an incredible sad sack.

quote:

"Why are you so hesitant about telling her parents?"

After all they've done to me, I just couldn't. Then they might not let me marry her. Even if they did believe me, there would be no retribution.

quote:

"I really hope a friend or your family can provide interim support."

My parents would laugh in my face and tell me that that's what I get.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

IIRC Mall Madness has better designed/balanced gameplay and sensibly automates tedious book-keeping details so it's almost certainly the superior product

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

La Brea Carpet posted:

The post was put up 25 minutes ago and already has 25 replies. I'm not surprised a bunch of warhams grognards post on reddit.

also: here

i think this is the most pages we've gotten out of a story without someone arguing with Mirthless!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
yeah like frankly warhams I only know about from here and as far as I'm aware they're like D&D pieces but the fantasy is in space and the little figurines are your characters

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Pick posted:

yeah like frankly warhams I only know about from here and as far as I'm aware they're like D&D pieces but the fantasy is in space and the little figurines are your characters

there's actually both space warhams and tolkein high fantasy warhams. Space ones are more popular tho.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

there's actually both space warhams and tolkein high fantasy warhams. Space ones are more popular tho.

That's because the space one is Tolkien high fantasy in space. Space elves, space orcs, space knights, space undead, space animes, and space balrogs.

At least the fantasy one is set in renaissance Italy and the HRE.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Space warhams are weird because everything about the setting makes it sound like deliberately goofy bullshit but apparently it's kind of serious?

Mall madness owns though.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the fact that Warhammer got a total war game but it isn't the space marine megaweapon poo poo was incredibly disappointing

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Werong Bustope posted:

Space warhams are weird because everything about the setting makes it sound like deliberately goofy bullshit but apparently it's kind of serious?

Mall madness owns though.

It was deliberately goofy because it was written by 70s-80s metalhead/punk druggie burnouts having fun with their buddies. It got serious when the suits bought them out. The old stuff is delightfully gonzo.

E: the fantasy and space orcs are literally green football hooligans, for example.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

also i get it pick your parents just wanted to quietly discourage your homonculus-making without being hurtful and the hoarding excuse was the best they could come up with
Unfortunately it backfired and now she collects taxidermy instead.

otoh I'd take a house haunted by animal ghosts over one haunted by humanoid ghosts.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
oh my god who cares

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Pick posted:

Dude, my parents destroyed a 8 foot tall sculpture of a person I made in highschool that won best in show of one of the state's biggest art competitions just because they wanted more space for hoarded extreme couponing food, if the relationship is serious then yes, you move on. However, as noted, she's just a gf of a year, there's not that much investment there.

As a currently working sculptor, I would cut out my parents for this. Did they seriously not ask you if maybe you wanted it before trashing it? That's hosed up yo

e: holy poo poo I was posting from a page back, those hands are incredible, destroying them was a war crime

DragQueenofAngmar fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 14, 2017

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

Yes...all was once again peaceful in River City.

Pick posted:

oh my god who cares

*raises paw*

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
I'll take "thermonuclear detonation of your family" for 100 Alex

My mom [40s/F] told me [16M] a secret which was disturbing and expects me to keep it secret from Dad. I feel I should tell him but am torn.

quote:

Throwaway for privacy with details changed and names changed. Last night my mom told me that she had a big secret that she could reveal as Dad was out-of-state on a business trip. We're in Southern California.

Mom told me that she'd been cheating on Dad with Kelsey, a 24-year-old she met via OKCupid, and she'd been dressing up as a man, wearing a binder and making her haircut look more masculine and explaining to Kelsey she was a transman, and said Kelsey has been loving her for 18 months now in secret. Mom said the transman thing was a lie to keep Kelsey sweet (her words) and she found Kelsey "loving hot, sex with her was better than your dad, who's obese and alcoholic"? Mom showed me a photo of Kelsey, I've seen the pics, Kelsey looks like Bella Hadid, and Mom said she'd lied about seeing friends so she could go gently caress Kelsey when she can.

My Dad isn't obese, or alcoholic, if anything, he likes emphasising the benefits of the gym and workouts to me and does drink, but not to alcoholic levels.

Then the kicker came; Mom told me she's leaving Dad for Kelsey and expects me to come too. She said I can't tell him the real reason why she's leaving him and expects me to keep it a secret, she said she'll tell him on Wednesday that she's leaving.

I feel angry, sick and upset. I'm torn on what to do, tell Dad and risk Mom's anger or do what Mom says?

I get on well with both mom and dad, I'm not a mommy's boy or a daddy's boy, it's a good relationship with both.

Is my mom lesbian or bisexual? She's never said anything like this before and in the past was a bit homophobic about a friend of mine, Jenny (who's lesbian) insisting "She's only doing it for guys attention, she's a fake lesbian who does girl-on-girl for guys' attention, you'd never do guy-on-guy for girls, son".

I don't really know what to do. Help me, I feel like I have nowhere to go.

tl;dr: Mom is cheating on Dad with a 24-year-old and expects me to be OK with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

La Brea Carpet posted:

I'll take "thermonuclear detonation of your family" for 100 Alex

My mom [40s/F] told me [16M] a secret which was disturbing and expects me to keep it secret from Dad. I feel I should tell him but am torn.
jfc that's sad but the choice is p obvious, stick with your non shitbag of a person father and let mom go off and ruin her own life. It's not like things are gonna work out with the dudette half her age that's dating her based on a weird lie.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 14, 2017