Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Seriously gently caress Phil Jackson and his bitch rear end pushing off blame and his own incompetence

Melo made the playoffs in NY 3 out of 4 years before Phil took over.

You didn't inherit Melo either. You willingly gave him that loving contract. You could have let him walk.

This is all Phil's fault and it's loving hillarious that people seem to be content to blame it all on Carmelo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Considering what they were asking to trade Derrick Rose, I cannot wait to see the dumb offers they come up with around Melo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao at them literally not pulling the trigger on whatever Minny was willing to do for Rose and Rubio

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dexo posted:

Seriously gently caress Phil Jackson and his bitch rear end pushing off blame and his own incompetence

You didn't inherit Melo either. You willingly gave him that loving contract. You could have let him walk.

This is all Phil's fault and it's loving hillarious that people seem to be content to blame it all on Carmelo.

I liked when Phil Jackson blamed Tyson Chandler for locker room issues and traded him for Dalembert.

edit: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=helvept
Do it Phil.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 14, 2017

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
I don't expect Portland to win their series, but I will consider it a successful playoffs for the Blazers if Meyers Leonard gets kicked in the nuts by Draymond.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nick Rivers posted:

I don't expect Portland to win their series, but I will consider it a successful playoffs for the Blazers if Meyers Leonard gets kicked in the nuts by Draymond.

yeah definitely. especially because draymond is going to kick someone in the balls so if all the non-poo poo players dodge that bullet that's a win.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Is this true because holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/benchwarmerdan/status/852965031436222470

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Nothing like tanking the trade value of your own pieces, what a masterful genius, such wit, such zen

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

It's reverse reverse reverse reverse reverse reverse psychology to stealthily encourage tanking, such a smart man

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Girlfriend got free Celtics tickets from work so I'm going to see my first playoff basketball game on Tuesday :toot:

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

How's it goink?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

IBM rating for this year:

code:
Player			IBM Rating
Russell Westbrook	111.22
James Harden		98.03
Rudy Gobert		96.68
LeBron James		90.77
Giannis Antetokounmpo	89.67
DeAndre Jordan		88.41
Hassan Whiteside	86.05
Anthony Davis		86.03
Karl-Anthony Towns	84.85
Jimmy Butler		81.53
RW finishes with second highest IBM rating for a PG in NBA history. Trailing only CP3 in 2009 with 113.89

Single-season turnovers:

code:
Player 			TOV 	Season
James Harden 		464 	2016-17
Russell Westbrook 	438 	2016-17
George McGinnis 	422 	1974-75
George McGinnis 	401 	1972-73
George McGinnis 	393 	1973-74
That moment when you realize Harden/Westbrook finished #1 and #2 in TOVs all-time and remember that David Robinson had more WS in his rookie year than anyone this season.

Melt this years MVP award down and sell it for scrap.

"If you switch Bazemore for LeBron, Cleveland gears its offense around Kyrie and Love and probably loses 18 to 20 wins..."

That's the problem with these projections. CLE being in the 12-14 seed range seems a little low. Doesn't take into account CLEs copious coasting.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Zogo posted:

code:
Player			IBM Rating
Russell Westbrook	111.22
James Harden		98.03
Rudy Gobert		96.68
LeBron James		90.77
DeAndre Jordan		88.41
Hassan Whiteside	86.05
Anthony Davis		86.03
Karl-Anthony Towns	84.85
Jimmy Butler		81.53
RW finishes with second highest IBM rating for a PG in NBA history. Trailing only CP3 in 2009 with 113.89

Single-season turnovers:

code:
Player 			TOV 	Season
James Harden 		464 	2016-17
Russell Westbrook 	438 	2016-17
George McGinnis 	422 	1974-75
George McGinnis 	401 	1972-73
George McGinnis 	393 	1973-74
That moment when you realize Harden/Westbrook finished #1 and #2 in TOVs all-time and remember that David Robinson had more WS in his rookie year than anyone this season.

Melt this years MVP award down and sell it for scrap.

"If you switch Bazemore for LeBron, Cleveland gears its offense around Kyrie and Love and probably loses 18 to 20 wins..."

That's the problem with these projections. CLE being in the 12-14 seed range seems a little low. Doesn't take into account CLEs copious coasting.

not to mention that there are any number of wholistic mesauremetns of player value you can plu g and play to get score and then win totals.''

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

You heard it here first: Playoff McDermott

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Rick posted:

West
Warriors win easily but the series might appear close to casuals because the Blazers will take and make a lot of bad bullshit and the Warriors will occasionally be content to have a bad shot contest with them.

Portland in 7, coming back from a 3-1 deficit after Draymond is ejected out of frustration

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
If you love dunks watch this Giannis 2017 highlights mixtape: https://youtube.com/watch?time_continue=176&v=6kqJyuHgLMY

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/carmeloanthony/status/852992046604337152

Is that the best you can do

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Dexo posted:

Melo needs to fight fire with fire and start blasting Phil in every available medium until they just drop him so he can get paid and go wherever the gently caress he wants. gently caress Phil Jackson.

Like this, but harder

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Looking forward to Melo's Los Angeles career.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Looking forward to the lakers big three: melo paul george and ball

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Looking forward to the Ball Dad bitching on national television about Melo and Paul George taking shots away from Lonzo.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Well Russell will be a good triangle PG. ]=

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Who is a better offensive player: Paul George or Giannis?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Gut says George. Because George can hit a shot. But haven't looked at stats

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
George is easily the better offensive player. That's not a question. Giannis still has trouble against bulky SF defenders that just body him up, because he hasn't learned too many moves to go around guys outside of transition.

His strength is the ability to legit guard and play 1-5.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This whole preview owns.

http://www.blogabull.com/2017/4/14/15298186/chicago-bulls-vs-boston-celtics-playoff-preview-prediction

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

not to mention that there are any number of wholistic mesauremetns of player value you can plu g and play to get score and then win totals.''

Kevin Love scored 34 points in the first quarter of a game and then scored a mere six more. Shameful coasting!

Yes, "The mom and pop shop wasn’t going to fire the children, because in the end, there’s always money in the banana stand."

This Bulls vs. Celtics match feels like the last fight in Gladiator. I wonder if Butler will get any MVP #1 votes. Or Gobert. It's uncommon for the #2 and #3 ranked WS guys to be barely mentioned.

The Celtics finished with an SRS of 2.25 as the #1 seed. The last time a team in the east did that was 1976. It was also the Celtics and they won the championship. One important difference is that the 1976 Celtics had the third highest SRS but the 2017 Celtics are eighth highest.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 14, 2017

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Phil Jackson is dumb.

edit:

quote:

Jackson’s assessment of Anthony’s situation on Friday came across less as of a critical attack than a calm acknowledgment of reality. His tone was measured, though the message was unmistakable: He wants Anthony to waive his no-trade clause so the Knicks can move on without him.

Oh, OK then. No reason to freak out, Melo. It was just a calm acknowledgement of someone who is stuck in 1997.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 14, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Bearded Picasso is the MVP by Trevor Ariza.

"I'm not a big stats guy" - Trevor Ariza.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
He lost me at "Then Dwight left, and people were saying we were destined for a few bad years."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ricky is by far my favorite Bulls Blogger.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/852987282445479936/photo/1

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/852956631373565953

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

god, it's going to be another terrible season at the Garden :negative:

why would you want the current iteration of Derrick Rose back

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Zogo posted:

code:
Player			IBM Rating
Russell Westbrook	111.22
James Harden		98.03
Rudy Gobert		96.68
LeBron James		90.77
DeAndre Jordan		88.41
Hassan Whiteside	86.05
Anthony Davis		86.03
Karl-Anthony Towns	84.85
Jimmy Butler		81.53

Somebody send that man a potato with a picture of the IBM trophy on it.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
What does that Carmelo post mean idgi. That's leo in great Gatsby right

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

There's no loving way the Raptors are losing to the Bucks. You heard it here first.

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/852913825812762624

:tif:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

of course this happens. and on the nicest day of the year too :(

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

You heard it here first: Playoff McDermott

From your keyboard to Doug's ear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Derrick Rose: not presently Back but is interested in exploring Back opportunities

• Locked thread