Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Kawakami is a tired lady, please stop having her cook and clean for you every night so she can focus on her lesson plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What I got from it is that his outfit and I guess overall mannerisms as a thief are just kinda overdramatic and a bit childish I guess? His weapons are literally toys and the dude is actually kinda immature in some ways. Or at the very least he never really got the opportunity to fully grow up due to his past and being unable to make connections with other people.
yea Goro's immature and kinda silly, saying things like he's psychic and consistently asking Sae out. His intelligence isn't really in question, he attends university classes early, but missing out on a normal childhood with the worst kind of adult figures held him back and further drove home for him that he had no place in this society.

A lot of his Hero of Justice thing comes from that, where he wants to finally be adored by the world. Even as a famous detective, the second the Phantom Thieves strike back against Kaneshiro, a lot of people turn on him.

goro was almost literally never hugged enough atlus please give me a legit goro social link so i can love him hard enough to help him please

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Gruckles posted:

I mean, it's a Japanese school and they teach you the answer, and you're given a method of cheating during the lesson, before putting the question on the exams later. You're not really expected to know the answer before you're taught it.

Golden did a great job of giving you questions that an English speaker could reasonably know, some even based off English wordplay. Any Japan-related question was usually one of the "were you paying attention to the lecture?" questions.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Anzen posted:

I dunno, looking at the question in Japanese (この字はある漢字の崩し字なんだけどなにか分かる?) it looks like it was just translated directly. If there is any inaccuracy, it seems to be there from the source, and not the localization.
What's Kawakami's explanation in Japanese? I can't seem to find it.

If only there were some way of posting footage from video games online so other people could see it, I wouldn't be having this problem.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

No Mods No Masters posted:

Kawakami is a tired lady, please stop having her cook and clean for you every night so she can focus on her lesson plan

I had her work for me the night after she passed out from exhaustion. :twisted:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Captain Baal posted:

Kakushinhan being a question is absolute horseshit and an actual bad thing they made no effort to localize tl or fix in any way. Thankfully you can just press the touchpad to figure it out, but it's still absurd.

im just glad yusuke doesnt say "All according to keikaku"

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
So what's the deal with romance this time around? Can I flirt with everyone willy nilly and have an obvious lock in moment to avoid or do you lock in early with whoever you think is best girl and avoid flirting with anyone else?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Palace 7's music is amazing. I can't wait to look up the OST after beating this game.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

So what's the deal with romance this time around? Can I flirt with everyone willy nilly and have an obvious lock in moment to avoid or do you lock in early with whoever you think is best girl and avoid flirting with anyone else?

You'll get a big warning before you choose between romantic and platonic

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

FractalSandwich posted:

If only there were some way of posting footage from video games online so other people could see it, I wouldn't be having this problem.

Alright I got a link right he- Oh no my hands fell off, how could this have happened?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
where the heck do i get more missions for mementos? are they "look around town and talk to random people"?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Of all the things to not be spoiled on, the catvan was a heck of a thing.

Wish I knew about that when I was brainstorming a couple dozen gang names.

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

Palace 6 has some boppin music

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The seventh palace is really tedious and hurting my drive to play.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The seventh palace is really tedious and hurting my drive to play.

It finishes strongly at least.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Lakbay posted:

You'll get a big warning before you choose between romantic and platonic

So I should completely avoid romantic options with anyone until I have figured out best girl? Isn't that annoying with some of them not even being introduced yet?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Capsaicin posted:

where the heck do i get more missions for mementos? are they "look around town and talk to random people"?

It's mainly Mishima and Later S.Link levels

So I should completely avoid romantic options with anyone until I have figured out best girl? Isn't that annoying with some of them not even being introduced yet?
The choice is at rank 9 so you have a while.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Just follow your heart.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

I'm going to save you some trouble and just tell you it's going to be Makoto.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
At worst, you will save like 10 days open before you start a rank 9 with every girl.

StoicRomance
Jan 3, 2013

Lets talk about how dumb I am. Endgame spoilers.

I ignored the load screens for 100 hours of play and didn't take my time.

Now I'm one angel away from the Shrine with almost no party SP, no SP items, seemingly underleveled at 68.

Looking down the barrel of redoing a whole bunch of hours because I guess a couple dozen of every replenishing item isn't enough to get over the last bit of the game.

gently caress.

:toot:

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Rogue 7 posted:

I'm going to save you some trouble and just tell you it's going to be Makoto.

Well considering that Ann is the first girl I'll be hitting rank 9 with I had better go with the platonic route for now. If I take her to bonetown Morgana might kill me in my sleep.

I'm only in mid July right now so I guess I will see who comes around later. Wish I could just gently caress the clearly unhinged teacher and get it over with.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm only in mid July right now so I guess I will see who comes around later. Wish I could just gently caress the clearly unhinged teacher and get it over with.

I have some good? news.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
The last dungeon has free sp refill at the dungeon, if the mini boss fights are tearing you so deep down that you gotta use alot of items in them then you need to reload to the start of the dungeon, get strength rank 10 if you haven't, and craft a bunch of high level personas

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

If you gotta go the honest route of only taking one wife then Becky is a fine choice anyway

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

What's Kawakami's explanation in Japanese? I can't seem to find it.

I might have misread a kanji because this game uses a pretty weird font, but:

quote:

これは歩の駒の表面で「金」の崩し字ね。

将棋の駒は特足の条件で「成る」か選択できる。

歩のような弱い駒も敵陣に入れば金になる... これがさっき話した「成金」の語源ね。

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

StoicRomance posted:

Now I'm one angel away from the Shrine with almost no party SP, no SP items, seemingly underleveled at 68.

Looking down the barrel of redoing a whole bunch of hours because I guess a couple dozen of every replenishing item isn't enough to get over the last bit of the game.

gently caress.

Dumb is forgetting you need to send the card 1 day before the deadline and not the day of. And that leading to Makoto's bad end which still kind of haunts me because man, Atlus really pulled out all the stops with how dark they will go in the bad ends. That was some seriously depressing poo poo. :smith:

StoicRomance
Jan 3, 2013

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

The last dungeon has free sp refill at the dungeon, if the mini boss fights are tearing you so deep down that you gotta use alot of items in them then you need to reload to the start of the dungeon, get strength rank 10 if you haven't, and craft a bunch of high level personas

Where is this service station?

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

If you gotta go the honest route of only taking one wife then Becky is a fine choice anyway

I saw a clip of someone who managed to romance everyone and it did not end well. Is this result just if you romance everyone? Could I pick 2-3 and still be fine because I kinda wanna see as much content as possible in my first run.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no, you get that same scene even if you only romance two girls, just with less people.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Getting beat up by your harem is content.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Endorph posted:

no, you get that same scene even if you only romance two girls, just with less people.

Ah dangit. Oh well, looks like I'm gonna be beating this game about 10 times.

Harem does sound interesting though. If you romance only one person are there additional scenes exclusive to them at the end? It's starting to look like I should just go with all of them if not.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 15, 2017

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

StoicRomance posted:

gently caress.

go back and heal. its free.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

StoicRomance posted:

Where is this service station?

Talk to the velvet attendants

StoicRomance
Jan 3, 2013

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Talk to the velvet attendants

Could kiss you right now

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Save it for the cat

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ah dangit. Oh well, looks like I'm gonna be beating this game about 10 times.

Harem does sound interesting though. If you romance only one person are there additional scenes exclusive to them at the end? It's starting to look like I should just go with all of them if not.

If you go Harem you miss almost all the exclusive scenes tho. You only get them with 1 person regardless.

Harem just lets you pick which girl during the exclusive bits and lets you mix and match I guess?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I just spent like a million yen fusing Lucifer and he kind of sucks in this game, it feels like non-charged spells are weaker than in P4 and he doesn't get Victory Cry or anything like that by 99

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Who had the loving hard-on for the mouse sections and how the gently caress did they convince everyone to put so many of these loving things in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Lucifer's best use in this game is to be fuse fodder to pass down fast heal and physical drain