Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

La Brea Carpet posted:

I'll take "thermonuclear detonation of your family" for 100 Alex

My mom [40s/F] told me [16M] a secret which was disturbing and expects me to keep it secret from Dad. I feel I should tell him but am torn.

this mom should, uh, maybe work on her parent/child boundaries, a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

La Brea Carpet posted:

I'll take "thermonuclear detonation of your family" for 100 Alex

My mom [40s/F] told me [16M] a secret which was disturbing and expects me to keep it secret from Dad. I feel I should tell him but am torn.
Please tell me the comments are nothing but pages of "tell dad, show him all the evidence you can, use it so he can get full custody because holy poo poo"

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Why do people delete their OP's so often in these things. Like I could sorta see if they embarrassed themselves like the warhams girl but this one it just seems like a 16 year old in a lovely situation.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

Why do people delete their OP's so often in these things. Like I could sorta see if they embarrassed themselves like the warhams girl but this one it just seems like a 16 year old in a lovely situation.

The mods do it, they're incredibly draconian and capricious about rule violations.

E: Not like our glorious and fair mods, who are awesome.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 14, 2017

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
They also have bots to do stuff like that which is funny when you find a post that's like "HELP the bot keeps deleting my post and I really need advice I don't know what I do wrong"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

WampaLord posted:

The mods do it, they're incredibly draconian and capricious about rule violations.

E: Not like our glorious and fair mods, who are awesome.
Also one of their criteria for deletion is "the post got linked elsewhere", and this thread pops up a lot if you're searching for post titles.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

Humans are terrible and all interaction with/between them is pain

your posts have definitely taught us that, yes, haha zing

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Haifisch posted:

Also one of their criteria for deletion is "the post got linked elsewhere", and this thread pops up a lot if you're searching for post titles.
Wait so I could get the bot to delete the entire loving subreddit just by grabbing links to all the threads and posting them on 4chan or something?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Yawgmoth posted:

Please tell me the comments are nothing but pages of "tell dad, show him all the evidence you can, use it so he can get full custody because holy poo poo"

Pretty much, though a few people think it's fake.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Yawgmoth posted:

Wait so I could get the bot to delete the entire loving subreddit just by grabbing links to all the threads and posting them on 4chan or something?

afaik the bots are for things like "didn't list the gender of your golden retriever" and "used the word manchild, which is hate speech" and "made more than one update about your ongoing flight from the serial killer cult family", it's the mods manually deleting everything else albeit those guys are basically just slightly more arbitrary bots.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
My (21F) brother (23M) is cheating on his girlfriend (24F). Me and her are really close, am I out of line to tell her?

quote:

To make a long story short him and Ana have been together for around 6 years. Our family loves her and pushed for them to get married years ago. Me and her and especially close and we consider her family. David is currently working to remodel an old house, fix it and flip it in our town. Ana is currently across the country finishing her degree, David finished his in December. The plan as I understand it was for Ana to move out here and possibly live in the flipped house until it sells, then do it again.

So the other day I went to visit David to see if he needed anything since its so hot outside. Another woman was there with him, in the bed. I asked who she was and he said just a friend with a lovely smirk on his face. The condom was still floating in the toilet. I'm pretty disgusted with him as this isn't who he is, or who I thought he was. She'd leave him 100% if I told her. Its already weighing on my conscious because me and her talk almost everyday.
TLDR Brother cheating on longterm gf. Want to tell her but don't know if its my place or not

I think the answer is obvious (give brother ultimatum to tell her or you will) but the funniest thing here to me is there's a 23 year old dude that thinks condoms are something you flush.

The_end
May 17, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

My (21F) brother (23M) is cheating on his girlfriend (24F). Me and her are really close, am I out of line to tell her?

I think the answer is obvious (give brother ultimatum to tell her or you will) but the funniest thing here to me is there's a 23 year old dude that thinks condoms are something you flush.

You and your rules.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I mean, she's a lovely person, but props to the 40-something Mom who landed a Bella Hadid lookalike with a Pepe Le Pew level deception.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Husband [35 M] is finding it hard to encourage me [32 F] to get a good job because he doesn't want me to make more.

quote:

Long story short I am college educated in a high paying industry. My husband is brilliant but self taught and never wanted to go to school. Right out of college I made more than he ever had even with years of experience. I'm 7 years in and still make more. He used to pay bills while I went to school and I have paid them since graduating since I make more. He got a nice car and I put a down payment on a house. He buys all entertainment stuff like eating out, alcohol, movies, etc... I pay bills and buy groceries. It's fair in my eyes, ESP considering he's chipped in to pay our mortgage down in half the time. Yay!

Well my dream team got entirely shut down and I lost my very niche job. We have 6 months savings and I got 3 months severance. I'm struggling to find another position and will likely take a pay cut. Obviously that makes me upset because I loved my job and worked my rear end off with scholarships and loans to put myself through school, not even him put one penny into it. I did that to make good money and enjoy my job obviously. After graduating I offered to pay for him to go to school or start his own business or whatever he wanted to do to pursue his dreams, he declined and hasn't made an effort

Well he's been putting down my ideas and interview blurbs I'm practicing with him. Everything is, "well that's not realistic, you can't say that, that's a dream and silly". It took a friend telling me how unique some of what I was saying was and how great it would sound in an interview to make me realize the complete tear down I get at home. I'm being told daily my ego is in the way and I need to just accept any job I can get. Well yes obviously if I get an offer and have nothing else I will. I'm not even at offer stage yet though because I'm bombing technical interviews and have no confidence. He thinks I'm "not a natural" at this and maybe should try something else and I feel like a failure and like he's right.

I've got 6+ first round interviews lined up with big name companies where I'd be making bank if I landed one. He's just bitter and angry so I confronted him about and asked why it seems like he wants me to fail and that it's really affecting me.

He told me he is bitter that I will always make more and doesn't want me to make more than him, he is finding it hard to encourage me to do well when it makes him feel like poo poo.

Obviously this is a major issue and ridiculous because I gave him ample opportunities to go to school and get a degree in which he'd be making as much if not more than me and he had no interest in having to take gen eds and declined.

However I still need to land a job and have confidence. We don't have insurance right now (was through my job) and can't see a counselor yet because I'm so busy studying to land a position and our marriage counselor is hundreds an hour.

So what do I do with this in the meantime?? I will not limit my job choice because of male ego issues. But it's still psychologically impacting me so I've got to do something. This could be a sign I've out grown him and need to move on, but again not in a position to just up and leave, I have to at least land a job soon and it's hard to do that when I feel sabotaged by my husbands ego issues.

tl;dr: Went to college, husband didn't. Got laid off, trying to find work, husband admitted he is bitter and can't encourage me to do well because he doesn't want me to make more than him. Not sure how to handle but it's impacting me a lot psychologically.

Bonus from the bottom of the comments:

:biotruths: posted:

It's kind of hosed up of him to no encourage you to get a good job. But in another sense, he's simply looking out for the relationship. If you get a job making 2-3 as much money as he is, you're going to leave him, guaranteed. You might chalk it up to other factors like "I just want someone with more ambition in life". But what it boils down to is the fact that women are biologically evolved to settle with a man who can bring her the highest amount of resources. So if you're already making X a year, you're gonna want your husband to make at LEAST X amount of year as well.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

The_end posted:

You and your rules.
In the long run it's better for the brother too, no reason to stay in a relationship he's unhappy enough with that he cheats

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

"Your husband is doing the right thing because as a woman you are a loving whore is guaranteed to jump ship as soon as you find someone better"

I love :biotruths: idiots.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
My wife makes 1.5x what I make and sticks around. Also my penis is huge.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I mean if he acts like that she'd be right to jump ship anyway lol

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Well I hope his completely unearned macho pride is worth all the cheddar he's going to miss out on by driving his rich successful wife away lol

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

"Your husband is doing the right thing because as a woman you are a loving whore is guaranteed to jump ship as soon as you find someone better"

I love :biotruths: idiots.

To be fair if he thinks like that then it will definitely come true as he turns into Ross from Friends and starts embarrassing her by busting into her workplace to accuse her of loving HER NEW BOSS LIKE THE GODDAMN WHORE SHE IS

I don't understand what men want in these situations. Isn't more household money...good? Do they not want to ever retire, so long as their woman submits to their manly money making authority?

:colbert: if it bothers you so much go get a higher paying job than her, if men are supposed to be 'providers' that should be super easy for these masculine prodigies.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Tiny Deer posted:

To be fair if he thinks like that then it will definitely come true as he turns into Ross from Friends and starts embarrassing her by busting into her workplace to accuse her of loving HER NEW BOSS LIKE THE GODDAMN WHORE SHE IS

I don't understand what men want in these situations. Isn't more household money...good? Do they not want to ever retire, so long as their woman submits to their manly money making authority?

:colbert: if it bothers you so much go get a higher paying job than her, if men are supposed to be 'providers' that should be super easy for these masculine prodigies.

I think these men deep down like having the extra collective income, but they are self conscious that other men will bust their balls about it. Of course those other men are just projecting because they work 60hrs a week while their girlfriend is a freelance amateur photographer.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Tiny Deer posted:

But he's too busy whining about her job search to do things like "go to college" and "sit through gen ed classes". Obviously it's better if they just wallow in poverty until their lack of insurance ruins them.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Panfilo posted:

I think these men deep down like having the extra collective income, but they are self conscious that other men will bust their balls about it. Of course those other men are just projecting because they work 60hrs a week while their girlfriend is a freelance amateur photographer.

But what's the end game? 'Honey I did what you asked and gave up on my high earning career and applied at all the stores in the mall, aren't you happy?' Does he just smile in a horrific grimace as he watches his Xbone money turn into electric bill money? When he has to sell his nice car she bought him will he feel good about his choices?

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

Pick posted:

They all did. And it was an extension of one of my highschool hobbies, dollmaking. As you can tell, you can blame anime. Thankfully, years of people making fun of me means I don't really sculpt any more.

I unironically want that creepy rear end BJD for creepy photography purposes.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Haifisch posted:

Husband [35 M] is finding it hard to encourage me [32 F] to get a good job because he doesn't want me to make more.

Bonus from the bottom of the comments:

gently caress those biotruths asshats. My ex broke up with me because I went from a lovely job that made half of what he did to a job that made nearly 50% more than him. He said that, while the extra income was nice and all, he felt emasculated because "I should need him financially."

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Wrong thread

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Things this thread had taught me:
Don't date bipolars

Nono
Don't date unmedicated bipolars

Medicated bipolar people totally deserve a chance

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Tiny Deer posted:

But what's the end game? 'Honey I did what you asked and gave up on my high earning career and applied at all the stores in the mall, aren't you happy?' Does he just smile in a horrific grimace as he watches his Xbone money turn into electric bill money? When he has to sell his nice car she bought him will he feel good about his choices?

It's not a rational mindset obviously. But at least a part of it is probably the guy feeling 'in control' of a relationship,by making it more likely the woman will be financially dependent on them. That's why they pull this whole "She'll dump you if she makes more than you" bullshit. Because to them, the only way to make a woman stay in a relationship is to exert a degree of control that prevents them from leaving. The woman's feelings don't play into this logic.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Tiny Deer posted:

Toxic masculinity, I suppose. If women are defined entirely by their appearance and sex value, then men are defined by their ability to protect and provide for their own.

If a woman is capable of everything in her "domain", and is also better at providing, then what value does the man have? What does he have to offer the relationship? The answer should be "quite a bit", but often times that isn't what gets internalized.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Dienes posted:

gently caress those biotruths asshats. My ex broke up with me because I went from a lovely job that made half of what he did to a job that made nearly 50% more than him. He said that, while the extra income was nice and all, he felt emasculated because "I should need him financially."

Sounds like you dodged a bullet though?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Buzkashi posted:

Sounds like you dodged a bullet though?

This is one of those break up reasons where you just fuckin' laugh.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Dienes posted:

All that dumb masculinity bullshit they're harping on is really just about control in the end.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
imagine a group of people who are almost all deeply out of touch with their emotions and don't really know what they're feeling at any given moment, but are still driven almost entirely by these feelings that they don't fully grasp or experience, but who also erroneously believe they are extremely logical and that's how they make decisions

that's us. that's men

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

imagine a group of people who are almost all deeply out of touch with their emotions and don't really know what they're feeling at any given moment, but are still driven almost entirely by these feelings that they don't fully grasp or experience, but who also erroneously believe they are extremely logical and that's how they make decisions

that's us. that's men

ugh

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

that's us. that's men

gently caress you! Say that again, human being! I'll fight you!

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Pvt.Scott posted:

gently caress you! Say that again, human being! I'll fight you!

Are you calling me a human being?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
One time a guy in a bar tried to start a fight with me by repeatedly calling me a bald loser human being over and over again. I replied that yes, I had looked in a mirror, and was he hitting on me? Then I laughed a bunch.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
[M22]y ex-bestfriend [19/F] of 4 years that split 7 months ago gave my present away to her friend.

quote:

As title says, my ex best friend gave my present to her away to a friend of hers [M19] (known ~1year). It was a portrait of a famous scientist, her sweet 16th present that I spent 3 days hunting for to encourage her to pursue STEM as a career (she likes science).

It's non-romantic, called him "bro" when he thanked her on social media. She does this to make it clear to guys that she isn't interested. He doesn't know I gave it to her, thinks she found it just for him.

I get that you can give unused gifts away. But god drat it sucks. Anyone else experienced this?

I've personally kept the gifts she gave me when we were still friends as old keepsakes- mementos of younger days and carefree times.

TL;DR, ex-bestfriend used my gift as a leverage to bond with a new friend. I turned into a salt shaker.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Oofa doofa

I'm [21F]pregnant and my one night stand [28M] isn't interested in our baby

quote:

So I already have a son but recently I got pregnant w/ my hook up. It was unexpected and at first I was surprised, but now I'm happy about it. I told the guy who I had slept with. We only were together once and don't know each other well. He doesn't really seem all that interested and had excuses. I think he thinks it's a money thing. That'd be nice but really as much as I've enjoyed raising my son, I'd like this baby to know their dad. I told him that he should consider being apart of the process! It's a lot of fun and there are all kinds of firsts. Plus, when you hold your baby that instant bond kicks in and you fall in love and it's awesome. However, he really doesn't seem interested at all and that last time we talked things got heated and he yelled at me and said he wasn't interested in me. Like, okay, I get that, but I wish he would stick around so my child could know his or her dad. I don't have any family left myself (except an aunt and a cousin somewhere) so at least one of my children having grandparents would be nice. Not for my benefit, but for theirs. Any way that I can explain it to where he might change his mind? He thinks it's a money thing but it really isn't. Or should I just cut my losses and move on?
tl;dr: Pregnant again by a ONS, he doesn't seem interested in having a relationship with our unborn baby, should I pursue it or no?

Roughly 50% of her posts outside of this thread are in the hookup reddit trolling for booty while pregnant and dragging her son behind her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
What a winner!