Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Buzkashi posted:

Oofa doofa

I'm [21F]pregnant and my one night stand [28M] isn't interested in our baby

Roughly 50% of her posts outside of this thread are in the hookup reddit trolling for booty while pregnant and dragging her son behind her.

Someone remind me why compulsory sterilization is bad again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Buzkashi posted:

Oofa doofa

Roughly 50% of her posts outside of this thread are in the hookup reddit trolling for booty while pregnant and dragging her son behind her.

That's just really sad and I feel so bad for her kid. :smith:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
how is a 28 year old knocking people up by accident. Like I can almost vaguely understand that kind of thing happening to teenagers with our sad state of sex ed but twenty loving eight and still a big ol moron.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Like, it's hard enough having no father figure, but also a mother who's like "I bet the type of guy who is eager to sweat and grunt for ten minutes on top of a complete stranger is also secretly the type of guy who would be pumped for a lifetime of financial and emotional commitment thereafter"

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

how is a 28 year old knocking people up by accident. Like I can almost vaguely understand that kind of thing happening to teenagers with our sad state of sex ed but twenty loving eight and still a big ol moron.

"I'll just pull out when I get close and it'll be fi-" *nuts*

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

ArbitraryC posted:

:ssh: These are the same guys who complain about how child support is terrible and the father should be able to have a financial abortion and why doesn't he get any say in whether or not a woman keeps a pregnancy.

In other words, they're irresponsible idiots.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Sperms are like Pokémon, some people gotta catch them all

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 15, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I mean particularly a single mom of all people, you already know if worst comes to worst she's keepin it.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean particularly a single mom of all people, you already know if worst comes to worst she's keepin it.

But you know for a fact that they put out

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
lol I was searching for that thread and found this gem on a random helpboard

Help! Sister pregnant from one night stand with 3 different guys who could be the father. Advice needed.

quote:

Your advice is desperately needed on any aspect of this.

My younger sister age 21 has gotten pregnant. The ultrasound has managed to narrow down the window of conception but the problem is she slept with three different guys all in that conception window.

She has contacted all the guys. One is ignoring her, one told her to F off and the other was totally gobsmacked but at least didn't initially withdraw support. However she then started to pin all her hopes on him and started to contact him constantly after which he told her that he didn't want any contact pending the results of a paternity test.

She was working away when all of this happened and so all potential fathers live at least 8 hours away.

She is determined to go ahead with having the baby and I absolutely respect her decision but need any advice on how to deal with the situation.

As I understand it she knows a little bit about two of the guys but neither of them has any financial security and she thinks the third doesn't either.

God, how the hell is she going to make this work?
She doesn't really work and has no savings. She's going to move back in with mum and step dad. Me and my brother will give all the support she needs but I feel really sorry for this baby and also for my parents who are going to subsidise and help provide care.

Do you think any of these guys has an obligation to get involved? All seem to be saying they feel tricked into this? Since they don't live close, how often, if the father does choose to get involved, do you anticipate he will visit? I can't see this happening more than 4 times a year.... Is it better to have no father involvement at all the because it might be destabilising for the child??

How can I support her?

Also, I am just so confused as to how she could let this happen. Not using any contraception with any of these men?? So dangerous. Was she wanting to get pregnant? She is quite unstable and I wonder whether this was to try to get attention or a relationship from one of the guys and seeking to get us to get more involved in her life. How can we help build up her self esteem to ensure it doesn't happen again?? Should I raise this issue with her or is that offensive?

Any help most gratefully received x

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Buzkashi posted:

Oofa doofa

Someone remind me why compulsory sterilization is bad again?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

Even if any of these people were even a little bit smart condoms break and poo poo, man. don't go loving random baby hoarders

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

The male pill / implant can't come soon enough.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

I've never had a condom break and not instantly known I wasn't wearing a condom anymore

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

The male pill / implant can't come soon enough.

Male hormonal (pill/implant) birth control is not on the horizon

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
self driving penis right into my cooooooter

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

How would that work?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

subhuman filth posted:

Male hormonal (pill/implant) birth control is not on the horizon

Isn't it going through clinical trials in India or some poo poo?

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Meridian posted:

Isn't it going through clinical trials in India or some poo poo?

No. That's a gel that they shoot into your vas to mechanically obstruct it. It's not gonna be better than vasectomy.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

subhuman filth posted:

No. That's a gel that they shoot into your vas to mechanically obstruct it. It's not gonna be better than vasectomy.

Oh yeah, no, I wouldn't go in for that.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I just burned through a little over 1200 posts. It was a wild ride, but most importantly congratulations to 54 40 on her new goonlet. Don't gently caress it up!

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Lol at the nightmare mountain of side effects female birth control has and men won't even take a tiny needle in their tiny dicks.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Me [27 F] with my bf [36 M] 1 month, don't like staying at his place

quote:

My boyfriend shares a house with 13 other people and has a tiny single room, with a single bed. We live about an 1.25 hours apart by public transport, so I realise it's not fair for him to have to come to mine every time, but my living situation is a lot more couple friendly. What is the tactful thing to do?

tl;dr: Boyfriend of 36 lives in a student-digs type situation and I don't like staying there -- what should I do?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

computer angel posted:

Lol at the nightmare mountain of side effects female birth control has and men won't even take a tiny needle in their tiny dicks.

I would, but at 39 and still not liking children, I might as well just get the snip.

I mean women get coils jammed into their cavernous echoing vaginas so why not.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

computer angel posted:

not like millenial women are using the pill either lol, just goin with the pull out method is incredibly common among our generation in general and hormonal birth control is way down.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Lots of women do better on ocp than off it and opt to use it even when they're not sexually active. If your birth control is destroying your life you need to try something else.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

I mean women get coils jammed into their cavernous echoing vaginas so why not.

It's more of a tossing motion

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

computer angel posted:

Sure, but on the other hand, I've heard of women who love taking the pill because it helps their acne, or helps with period cramps, or gets rid of their period entirely. So it seems like it's a mixed bag of responses to hormones. Also, you have the option of a non-hormonal IUD.

Y'all have it made when it comes to BC, all we get is condoms or vasectomy.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I would, but at 39 and still not liking children, I might as well just get the snip.

if you're 39 and childless you passed the test and dont need the snip unless you hate condoms or somethng

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

How would that work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVw9XnGghOg

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

boner confessor posted:

if you're 39 and childless you passed the test and dont need the snip unless you hate condoms or somethng

who doesn't? They totally ruin sex for the dude and I hear it's way worse for the woman also

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

WampaLord posted:

Also the cock plug

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

WampaLord posted:

Also, you have the option of a non-hormonal IUD.

Those aren't exactly pleasant my dude. Anyway the idea is that maybe the male partner could shoulder the burden of birth control at least half of the time and if there was more options for that I'm sure all sexes would appreciate.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
IUDs can't be taken in and out easily, and they're huge and they go through your cervix. I have one, try it sometime you fucks. They don't give you anesthetic.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

computer angel posted:

Read up on the development of female hormonal birth control. It's pretty horrific and if the drug was being developed these days it also wouldn't have made it past the stage that the male hormonal birth control was cancelled at.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I mean let's make it :nms: reaaallll fuckin clear :nms: what an IUD is. That's through the cervix, imagine it up your loving dick.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

computer angel posted:

Those aren't exactly pleasant my dude. Anyway the idea is that maybe the male partner could shoulder the burden of birth control at least half of the time and if there was more options for that I'm sure all sexes would appreciate.

i think if decent reversal birth control that lets you rawdog it existed for dudes they'd absolutely leap at it. I dunno what strawperson you're boxin with but dudes not adapting it is totally not a thing that will happen if we get anywhere near the number of options y'all have.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ArbitraryC posted:

who doesn't? They totally ruin sex for the dude and I hear it's way worse for the woman also

They're fine if you have any feeling in you dick

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

computer angel posted:

Hey I'm totally cool with condoms, but we can all agree that sex is better if you have the option of ditching them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

ArbitraryC posted:

i think if decent reversal birth control that lets you rawdog it existed for dudes they'd absolutely leap at it. I dunno what strawperson you're boxin with but dudes not adapting it is totally not a thing that will happen if we get anywhere near the number of options y'all have.

The strawperson I'm boxing is literally the guy who said he wouldn't do the vas gel shot if it was an option.