Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

computer angel posted:

The strawperson I'm boxing is literally the guy who said he wouldn't do the vas gel shot if it was an option.

From their own webpage: "Vasalgel should be thought of as a vasectomy alternative." which is what prompted the other dude to say nope, not whining about needles. They hope to make it reversible but at this point it should be considered permanent. So no, not even remotely comparable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

boner confessor posted:

if you're 39 and childless you passed the test and dont need the snip unless you hate condoms or somethng

I don't like them, they remind me of my teens and it's a boner killer.

Seems unfair to expect anyone to deal with pill issues / iud issues like painful periods etc / implants when I could just get it snipped.

@pick yea I know a girl who had a fitting botched. She couldn't walk :gibs:

Stick the mobility from Boston dynamics new wheel robot on there, sorted.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 15, 2017

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

ArbitraryC posted:

From their own webpage: "Vasalgel should be thought of as a vasectomy alternative." which is what prompted the other dude to say nope, not whining about needles. They hope to make it reversible but at this point it should be considered permanent. So no, not even remotely comparable.

It was absolutely about squeamishness considering he reneged after he read it was an injection, as his prior post indicated he thought it was a pill or an implant so I doubt very much he took the time to read the webpage as you did.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Pick posted:

I mean let's make it :nms: reaaallll fuckin clear :nms: what an IUD is. That's through the cervix, imagine it up your loving dick.

hahaha dude it gets worse. that's not the part that feels so fun

also the male birth control was literally just an endless cycle of anabolic steroids, with everything that entails (sounds awesome!)

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The snip is easy if you're confident you don't want kids. You're in and out in 10 minutes, costs nothing, and barely hurts at all.

Women getting their tubes tied is incredibly invasive, costs a ton of money, and of course requires them to answer a million "are you sure?" "I mean, are you really sure you want to do this with your body?" "What if you change your mind and want to have kids someday?" questions from judgmental doctors. My wife had an IUD and when it was time to get it replaced, I was just like, gently caress it, a vasectomy is way easier.

Being a male, naturally doctors assume you are ultra logical and have thought this through and don't question your motives at all.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Pick posted:

I mean let's make it :nms: reaaallll fuckin clear :nms: what an IUD is. That's through the cervix, imagine it up your loving dick.

Did they...did they forget to fold the little arms down first when they inserted yours?

Insertion wasn't bad on mine, but it's like there's a button at the top of the uterus that, when pressed, makes everything cramp at once. My first IUD have me the worst cramps of my life for 3 months....and then nothing. I have like 1 period a year. Removal felt more weird than anything else, and no pain when they inserted the second. Love these things.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

computer angel posted:

It was absolutely about squeamishness considering he reneged after he read it was an injection, as his prior post indicated he thought it was a pill or an implant so I doubt very much he took the time to read the webpage as you did.

here let me help:

subhuman filth posted:

No. That's a gel that they shoot into your vas to mechanically obstruct it. It's not gonna be better than vasectomy.

Meridian posted:

Oh yeah, no, I wouldn't go in for that.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Dienes posted:

Removal felt more weird than anything else, and no pain when they inserted the second. Love these things.

Thank god, when I first got mine I was in so much pain I passed out. A+ would get again.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

subhuman filth posted:

Are you calling me a human being?

:noisily sucks Subhuman Filth's cock:

Yeah I am! I'm not the guy with his dick in some dude's mouth, human being!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

computer angel posted:

Thank god, when I first got mine I was in so much pain I passed out. A+ would get again.

And hey, that really sucks. I'm totally willing to admit basically all BC options are less than optimal.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Smdh at anyone thinking that you could trust a dude telling you "it's cool, I'm definitely on the pill" outside of a serious relationship.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

if you're one of the lucky ones with a really sensitive cervix, the implant doesn't feel worse than like a beefy injection in your arm and actually has a lower failure rate

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

ArbitraryC posted:

here let me help:

I don't loving care about this anymore but "It's not gonna be better than vasectomy" does not indicate the procedure at this point is irreversible.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I would definitely get snipped if my personality wasn't already acting as very effective birth control.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [30F] partner [28M] of 6 years doesn't want me to come to the hospital where he is currently waiting for his grandmother to be seen even though I work there.

quote:

I woke up at about 3 pm today after a night shift to find my partner had left the house. When I called to check up on him he said his grandmother was unwell and they were currently at the hospital waiting for her to be seen.

For context - his grandmother means the world to him, he loves her more than his mother and probably more than he loves me too.

He didn't know what the plan was for his grandmother, said nobody had spoken to them properly and explained what was going on, etc. He seemed quite distressed.

I currently work at that hospital as a student nurse so I said I'd come and talk to the nurses and doctors, maybe get her seen sooner and find out what's going on. They get so busy there sometimes people need to speak up to get the information and help they need and since I know how things are I could really support my partner and his grandmother. Besides that I care for her and worry so I want to see her. Me working there shouldn't even be relevant but is an added bonus in my opinion.

My partner insists on me staying at home though. He told me to relax and that they'll be fine. I don't understand why he doesn't want me to come and try to help. I'm still a bit tired from my night shift so I might be overly sensitive which is why I'm posting here.

tl;dr: Partner's grandmother is in hospital and they haven't gotten much information out of the staff yet but partner doesn't want me to come there to help even though I work there.
It's adorable that she thinks anyone in an ER would give a poo poo about her "I'm a student nurse! I can tell this is serious! Bump my partner's grandma up the triage list! Pretty please?" plan.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

He's saying no because he wants that sweet inheritance.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I didn't mean to upset anyone, I honestly did think the headlines were referring to a pill. Sorry ladies have a lovely time with side effects, I wasn't trying to make a competition out of it. Namaste.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
If you get an IUD, ask for a lidocaine cervical block, you won't feel poo poo on insertion. I vagaled real hard when mine went in and passed out and nearly coded and YES IT hurt like a loving bitch.

I pulled mine out by hand though and it hurt way less than going in, but it still hurt. I had it for seven years and stopped having periods, but I would have spotting every time I did any hard work (like... going to work) and cramping any time I had sex (for like three days at a time, so sometimes I would just cramp every day) and only found out at the end that the strings were poking my husband in the dick the whole time. Also it may or may not have given me a huge ovarian cyst that required surgical removal.

And I still loving loved that thing. No effort, no nausea, no periods, no risk of pregnancy, no pharmacy budget, no doctor giving me poo poo about my sex life, no clots or strokes or weight gain. That's what counts as awesome birth control for the womb-havers among us.

When I'm done reproducing my husband is getting snipped.

e: BAN STUDENT NURSES FROM ALL HOSPITALS.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Ladies should get IUEDs with shaped HE charges that are precisely aimed at penises.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Buzkashi posted:

Oofa doofa

I'm [21F]pregnant and my one night stand [28M] isn't interested in our baby

Roughly 50% of her posts outside of this thread are in the hookup reddit trolling for booty while pregnant and dragging her son behind her.

Can we just return to this post for a second, because she also made this choice post regarding her situation...

quote:

I just thought maybe I wasn't going to get pregnant again since I heard sometimes for whatever reasons, you just don't. Plus I wasn't actively trying. Then it happened.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tears In A Vial posted:

Can we just return to this post for a second, because she also made this choice post regarding her situation...

:catstare:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

It's true. Sometimes you just don't get pregnant. I've never been pregnant.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

elise the great posted:

e: BAN STUDENT NURSES FROM ALL HOSPITALS.

Aw, they need to learn!

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
My IUD insertion hurt like hell and then I had bad cramps for a month and half, but the no periods and no side effects massively outweigh the initial discomfort :shrug:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
my favorite is when student nurses gently caress up so bad at basic things like bloodraws that after they've poked your arm raw they call someone who knows what they're doing in. Times like those make you question the legality of letting students learn on living people.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

We need an update on the dumbass warhams stealing girlfriend. This is important.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Meridian posted:

We need an update on the dumbass warhams stealing girlfriend. This is important.

She only made one other post after a bunch of people made fun of her:

quote:

Ok ok i get it I should of told him first not after I get it. Please stop all ganging up on me there's rules about being supportive and not just criticizing. I shouldn't of done it I understand that now but what's done is done I need to help with what to say to him to make him talk to me so I can explain

she has since removed the OP so one can only hope bf is still going no contact and she's just upset

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

my favorite is when student nurses gently caress up so bad at basic things like bloodraws that after they've poked your arm raw they call someone who knows what they're doing in. Times like those make you question the legality of letting students learn on living people.

I'm just chill about it. Probably too chill.

"Keep trying, you can do it!"

:misses python-sized vein for the fifth time:

"Wanna try the other arm again?"

Then an actual nurse wanders in with a visage twisted in horror (or at least annoyance) at what the poor trainee is doing to me and sticks me in one, while the trainee gazes on in wonderment at such an impossible feat. I leave looking like a heroin addict, with a grin on my face, and a spring in my step.

They have to get practice in sometime. I've also had a strange number of therapists/shrinks in training sit in on my therapy sessions, probably because I don't care if they hang out. They're usually pretty cute anyway. Bitches love therapy, I guess.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

She only made one other post after a bunch of people made fun of her:

she has since removed the OP so one can only hope bf is still going no contact and she's just upset

I hope he got that poo poo back. I mean I wouldn't be stoked about ruining a kid's day or anything, but if someone gave away something of mine I cared about I'd make an effort to get it back at least.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Pvt.Scott posted:

Then an actual nurse wanders in with a visage twisted in horror (or at least annoyance) at what the poor trainee is doing to me and sticks me in one, while the trainee gazes on in wonderment at such an impossible feat. I leave looking like a heroin addict, with a grin on my face, and a spring in my step.

They have to get practice in sometime. I've also had a strange number of therapists/shrinks in training sit in on my therapy sessions, probably because I don't care if they hang out. They're usually pretty cute anyway. Bitches love therapy, I guess.

nah i'm patient too, I was on some medication that could gently caress with your liver or something from a young age on and so I got blood draws on the reg (to make sure things weren't goin south) and was just used to it. It just seems surreal that for all the legality that comes with human testing in every other facet of life it's just sorta a thing with student nurses.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Meridian posted:

I hope he got that poo poo back. I mean I wouldn't be stoked about ruining a kid's day or anything, but if someone gave away something of mine I cared about I'd make an effort to get it back at least.

She "gets it" but all she cares about us how to talk to him. So she doesn't get it at all.

Start by saying here's your poo poo, I suck, goodbye.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Student nurses under supervision during clinicals: adorable! They learn so fast!

Student nurses with their preceptors more than six feet away: DEFINITELY going to kill somebody.

Student nurses accompanying family members to the ED for triage/visiting granddad on the ICU and telling the nurses what to do/trying to educate strangers in the waiting room... get them the gently caress out.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

ArbitraryC posted:

Unfortunately they have to stick people at some point if you want them to ever be good at it. I mean, they can poke each other, but they also gotta learn how to stick 500 year old grandpa with flabby arms and paper-thin veins, 6 year old Timmy who's simultaneously trying to make you go deaf & moving enough that you keep losing the vein, and that former heroin addict with only one usable vein left.

On the flip side, once they get good at it, they're effectively magic vein finders. I work in a small enough ER that there's no phlebotomist after outpatient hours, and every time they call me to help with a stick I think "if you can't find it, how the gently caress can I?"

Pvt.Scott posted:

You forgot *digs around with needle for five minutes before admitting defeat*. I've seen someone turn the needle almost 180 degrees while fishing around, which was pretty :stonk:-inducing.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

It's not like he'll be using the old army, though; he's putting together a new one. Besides, he only plays once or twice a month with his buddies who also have careers and SOs. They could obviously get together and play six-hour-long doll fights way more often.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I'm like easy mode too cause I'm pale as gently caress and even before any of the stuff that makes it easier to find veins mine are clearly visible, when you're actively trying to draw em out it's like someone took a teal sharpie on my arm.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I adopted a kitten from a rescue centre last year, and on the day I picked her up, they asked me to wait as they had to get her ready.

I could hear a cat screaming for fifteen minutes, and the vet came out and said if I wouldn't mind waiting they were having some trouble injecting her in the neck with a chip :(

She came out right afterwards but that was loving horrible once I knew what the noise was.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm like easy mode too cause I'm pale as gently caress and even before any of the stuff that makes it easier to find veins mine are clearly visible, when you're actively trying to draw em out it's like someone took a teal sharpie on my arm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1E6_1JU81Q

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
What happened to this thread??

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I adopted a kitten from a rescue centre last year, and on the day I picked her up, they asked me to wait as they had to get her ready.

I could hear a cat screaming for fifteen minutes, and the vet came out and said if I wouldn't mind waiting they were having some trouble injecting her in the neck with a chip :(

She came out right afterwards but that was loving horrible once I knew what the noise was.

For one of my college courses I had to practice microchipping small mammals by injecting a dead squirrel. It's loving tough, the skin around the injection site is a weird combination of really tough and really loose. Very difficult to do right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Me [34M] met an older women [45F] while walking my dog, scaring me with how strong she is coming on

quote:

Basically was out a walk with my dog last Friday, got chatting to a fellow dog walker. Nice looking girl and i do fancy her.
She's been initiating everything, texts, calls meetups. I wasn't even home after meeting her that night and she called to ask to go for a drink.
She's quiet bossy as well, for instance we don't live that far from each other, about 10 mins in a car, on Monday night she asked could she call round, then pretty much invited herself to stay the night, i was round at hers through the week as well and was pretty much plied with drink and told to stay becuase i couldn't drive. Then today just sent me a msg saying i'm making you dinner tonight even though i already have plans with friends.
I'm not one to get physically intimate with someone until i get to know them more, so that hasn't happened, although we've kissed and cuddled the 2 nights we've spent together
Things have been getting pretty heavy emotionally the past few days from her in terms of msgs from her, for instance since i stayed the night with her (all we did was cuddle) she's been sending me msgs telling me i'm her knight in shinning armour and have pulled her from a dark place.
She's 4 years divorced i think, but she has told me she's already telling her friends, kids, work colleagues about me.
i'm about 5 months out of a 13 year relationship myself so am not looking to jump into another one! i like the girl, but not so much as to want a relationship and also i'm not ready for a full on relationship again and have no interest in hooking up as a FWB. Worried about how she'll react if i tell her i need some space.
She doesn't know i'm not long out of a relationship so was going to tell her this is the reason i need space, which is the truth.
Obviously having been in the one relationship for so long, i'm a bit unsure as to how to go about this, so is it something i'm better doing over coffee somewhere public or privately in her place or mine?
tl;dr: Met an older lady, she's been sending me deep deep deep msgs about saving her from a dark place, not ready for a relationship after being in one for 13 years!

This sounds healthy. I think this knight needs to give her his lance, surely nothing could go wrong.