Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Is dangerous Ariana worth taking to 6* and mainstaying in my party? It would mean my usual party would be:

Chizuru
Exdeath
Yshtola
Dangerous Ariana
Thancred

Any feedback would be great, even in regard to the efficiency of the rest of my party.

She is decent for a Thundaga Mage in a chain with Exdeath. She is alright, but not a staple really. She finds her way into my parties when I need to do limit breaks to finish a mission.

I am trying to prioritize my next TM since I just got a 5% moogle from Ariana:

Current TM Party for farming
Agrias #1 0.4% Save the Queen
Bartz #1 9.4% Doublehand
Ludmille 8.6% Doublecast
Cecil 11.% Excalibur
Chizuru #1 7.9% Blade Mastery

Now, i also have the following I have interest in:
Xiao 22% Kaiser Knuckles
Snow 0.6% Champion Belt
Terra 37% Ultima
Hayate 23.4% Black Cowl
Locke 15.5% Rising Sun
Alma 15% Lordly Robe
Ingus 15% Letters and Arms
Edge 12.2% Hanzo Gauntlet
Miyuji 6.8% Sakurafubuki

and another Bartz, Chizuru, Snow and Agrias of varying % but less than above. I am leaning towards Cecil or Ludmille, as my main healer is Ysholta and I have 2 Exdeaths so I have some dualcast currently, but it could be useful on Cecil I have seen in certain occasions.

As I have beaten to death already I have no Noctis, Olive, Lightning, Orlandeau, Fryvia or Gilgamesh. I just recently got dual wield, and have it on Firion, and can see how much of a game changer it can be on an "ok" unit. I just don't know what my next game changer is from this list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You can never have enough black cowels. It also may be time to get a Kefka ribbon if you got that.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 14, 2017

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Also two Champion Belts + Kaiser Knuckle on a Firion is pretty good.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
gently caress it, I'm doing a daily.

Drumroll....

loving Aiden. Guess I'm getting a 3rd Vestment of the Mind.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Do we know what materials we'll need to enhance Ramza's buff song? I'm trying to make sure I don't use them for something else.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hamsystem posted:

Do we know what materials we'll need to enhance Ramza's buff song? I'm trying to make sure I don't use them for something else.

Reddit's unit list shows all the current JP units and enhancements, but the enhancement materials are still listed in Japanese so you'll just need to translate it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mercedes enhancements are all loving fantastic but its a shame she was designed prior to the additional meta of extremely strong innate dual hand finisher units. Everything about her kit screams it but nope.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Reddit's unit list shows all the current JP units and enhancements, but the enhancement materials are still listed in Japanese so you'll just need to translate it.

Figured it out, it's the support stones which is a pretty obvious answer but the ocd in me wanted to be sure.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Is dangerous Ariana worth taking to 6* and mainstaying in my party? It would mean my usual party would be:

Chizuru
Exdeath
Yshtola
Dangerous Ariana
Thancred

Any feedback would be great, even in regard to the efficiency of the rest of my party.

she's on the fastest leveling track for exp so she's much easier to actually max out, and her awakening materials come from the event and cost you nothing. in that regard she's definitely worth it.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Well, after loving up Cid chains and getting my poo poo wrecked, twice, I beat Dark Espers ELT.

After they 1st Turn KO'd Cecil. gently caress those guys, seriously.

At least I got a moogle out of it.

Will bang head against it again, later.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is like the easiest arena week ever. No status attacks and FFV bonus means my multiple 5k hp Exdeath squad will one round every time.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

No status ATTACKS however status on weapons still works apparently.

I think its caused everyone to remove stat buffs because I almost Petrify everyone with 1 Bladeblitz every time

Also does current content stop at the Magic Library? I have the bouncing NEXT on top of it and cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to gently caress off.

hagie fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 15, 2017

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

Also does current content stop at the Magic Library? I have the bouncing NEXT on top of it and cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to gently caress off.

Yep. That happens every time. That's where the next block of content will start.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Just checking because the wiki sucks as a walkthrough source on story content

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
gently caress if I'm ever going to use Ariana, but my Dark Fina will absolutely take +10% hp & +15% mag for my arena team.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Chizuru
Exdeath
Yshtola
Dangerous Ariana
Thancred

Thancred sucks because he's only a 5 star max. But if you're that new, he's a ok as a 3-5 star unit.

Ariana is really good for newbies. She has her own set of gear that you can leave on her forever, a low exp curve, and awakening materials that don't compete with any other unit. If you can use a goonwhale's friend unit to clear her hardest mission (skip the challenges) to get her Dual Cast materia, Ariana becomes a perfectly serviceable mage that will be useful for a long time.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
So for the Gilgamesh trial, if I went Luneth, Xon, Y'sholta and Cecil with mighty Hammer and A stron ally like an Olive or a unit with 100% dodge does that make sense?

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

who was the person that had a unit that could solo Gilgamesh? I think I need Bushido Freedom to do the dark espers, since every guide mentions that ability and I'm not sure how to self cleanse otherwise.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

So for the Gilgamesh trial, if I went Luneth, Xon, Y'sholta and Cecil with mighty Hammer and A stron ally like an Olive or a unit with 100% dodge does that make sense?

... goddamn I am dumb. Can you dodge tank all the single target damage from ifrit?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Really game? Another gold today, aaaand it's Mercedes. That's like the 6th gold I've pulled that isn't Xon. I'm losing my mind.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
After my last three dailies have been Leo, Celes and Cyan I have come to the conclusion that an FF6 banner is next and I have stumbled upon the rate up for it. I got Shadow AND Sabin on tickets while pulling for Xon too, so I am sticking to this theory.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
I for one can't wait for Shadows escape to be the next ability enhancement.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
So, the 20 NRG boss in the DA event...

How do you even damage this thing? It seems like the boss has an insane amount of HP and defensive stats. I can survive the first hit but nothing I've done can even move the HP bar.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Armitage posted:

How do you even damage this thing? It seems like the boss has an insane amount of HP and defensive stats. I can survive the first hit but nothing I've done can even move the HP bar.

Make sure you are not using any element other then Lightning or Dark first off all....

Basically it's ultimas or lots of hard hitting physical attacks.

Get a beefy Olive friend to make it easier, as she doesn't run afowl of the bosses really strong elemental defenses.

The boss is no joke, but she can be ATK/MAG broken to reduce how much damage she's doing, that will go a long ways.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I decided to try out no Espers on my arena team, and holy poo poo... At least for a mostly Exdeath team, the QoL upgrade is awesome. Meteor and Dualcast show up in the same ability select scroll area and his pool of usable skills is pretty deadly considering they all hit for 1k AoE.

I don't think I can go back to Espers now. Just being able to select DC Meteor so quickly alone is worth it.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Kalas posted:

Make sure you are not using any element other then Lightning or Dark first off all....

Basically it's ultimas or lots of hard hitting physical attacks.

Get a beefy Olive friend to make it easier, as she doesn't run afowl of the bosses really strong elemental defenses.

The boss is no joke, but she can be ATK/MAG broken to reduce how much damage she's doing, that will go a long ways.

I did use a beefy Olive friend the first time I tackled her. When her big 45 MP attack did only 60k, I gave up.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Armitage posted:

It was a long slog for me, but I got all rewards my first try. My team was a DC Refia, Yshtola, DC Ariana, and 2x Exdeath. My friend was a Luneth because I didn't care to cycle through to find an Olive. Dualcast for Refia was only necessary because my dumb fat fingers accidentally sold the White Cape, so I had to constantly remove silence from Yshtola. Dualcast on Ariana didn't matter much.

My strategy was Refia would heal and esuna Yshtola, Yshtola would shellga, esuna Exdeath or heal as necessary, Ariana and Exdeaths would chain thundara or limit burst, and Luneth would attack or limit burst. The only times I had to worry was when I didn't notice shellga had expired.

I forget who first recommended this, but for drawn out battles it is better to use thundarainstead of thundaga to slow down the MP burn rate.

Alternatively, take a bunch of physical attackers geared to maximize SPR, then you don't have to worry about mp or silence. As long as you have unit(s) to cast shellga and heal on the same turn that should work out. Yshtola fits the slot if you have a White Cape for her, plus she has MP refresh to last through the long battle.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i did it with a team of yshtola (for shellga and heals), cecil (lb and lb generation), orlandu, olive and friend olive

could just heal through everything and the olives would go to town with diabolos equipped

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Really game? Another gold today, aaaand it's Mercedes. That's like the 6th gold I've pulled that isn't Xon. I'm losing my mind.

It took me 8 or 9 golds to get Xon. I feel your pain. :(

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Xon is worth it. I feel like we are just scratching the surface and we have yet to discover his true potential.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I have pretty much resigned to the fact that I won't see any of the uber tier units until they become obsolete.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cartoon Man posted:

Xon is worth it. I feel like we are just scratching the surface and we have yet to discover his true potential.

I know, right? But he eludes me, and I don't have the cash to shell out for an 11-pull. It's ruinous.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

hagie posted:

I have pretty much resigned to the fact that I won't see any of the uber tier units until they become obsolete.

Orlandu is still not obsolete in Japan, and the only way Olive will become obsolete is if/when we get Randi's enhancements and we don't get enhancements for Olive. Or we get other double hand uberfinishers. Freyvia can apparently be a stronger finisher than Olive but only in the right situation and setup. And that's assuming you aren't firing Olive's LB which can do massive damage even when it isn't leveled.

And if you have WoL you have an uberunit tank in waiting. If they wait much longer to give us his 6* form we might get enhancements for him at the same time. :getin:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Only about 300-400,000 more eggs until I'm done with the event, woo!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Evil Fluffy posted:

Orlandu is still not obsolete in Japan, and the only way Olive will become obsolete is if/when we get Randi's enhancements and we don't get enhancements for Olive. Or we get other double hand uberfinishers. Freyvia can apparently be a stronger finisher than Olive but only in the right situation and setup. And that's assuming you aren't firing Olive's LB which can do massive damage even when it isn't leveled.

And if you have WoL you have an uberunit tank in waiting. If they wait much longer to give us his 6* form we might get enhancements for him at the same time. :getin:

If only I had any of those...instead I have Noctis, who is a god in the arena, and has a really interesting toolbox, but is by no means an uber damage dealer, which is rather useful for trials and such...

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

or

D.) None of the above

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it seems like really tanky/supporty teams are going to be viable always and almost all of the characters you use to do that are base 4* or lower. but i definitely understand the damage dealer lust, it used to drive me nuts that my best physical unit was like, chiz.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Is Soleil's tmr worth bothering to get?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Looks like FFVI is in the cards with Trance Terra, Setzer, and Gau coming up, including Terra & Kefka 6* upgrades.

Break out the violins for Still No 6* WoL :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

AegisP posted:

Looks like FFVI is in the cards with Trance Terra, Setzer, and Gau coming up, including Terra & Kefka 6* upgrades.

Break out the violins for Still No 6* WoL :(

I know that Trance Terra is basically the most powerful magic user in the game, but are any of those others particularly good?

• Locked thread