Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
While I don't like rebels ending...I do share the sentiment that I'm glad Filoni is getting to conclude it properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

drat I am really looking forward to Hera hyderdriving right through a space station.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Moon Slayer posted:

drat I am really looking forward to Hera hyderdriving right through a space station.

Hell yeah. Hyperjumps just keep getting crazier and crazier in modern star wars. :v:

Looks like those X-Wings might be Blue Squadron.

I'm digging Hera's pilot helmet. Also, Hera in an X-wing? She might not be Poe, but RIP all the TIEs.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 15, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The return of Bo-Katan Kryze, leader of the Night Owls and House Kryze, looks like she'll be the one they back to reunify Mandalore against the Empire

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Dave is such a troll, while the room was dark due to the trailer, he made a little change...

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is it normal to have an erection for that entire panel?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Dave is such a troll, while the room was dark due to the trailer, he made a little change...

Everyone around me was more thrilled about that little bit than anything else.

Premiere was good, definitely lived up to Filoni's comments about a darker tone for the season.
It dealt with Kanan, Rau, Sabine, Chop, and Ezra rescuing Sabine's father from an imperial convoy on Mandalore. There's a fantastic chase sequence and Kanan gets his own Rogue One Vader moment (!!). The rescue is successful but while it's going on Sabine's mother and brother are engaged in a separate battle. Mando-Imp forces deploy a new weapon while Sabine has her mother on comms. By the time Sabine and co make it to the battle, the Mandos, including her family, have been literally disintegrated. Ends with the reveal that this is the weapon Sabine was working on before she left Mandalore.

That's all I've got, they left us on the cliffhanger and only aired part I.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
drat, the show has gotten so good over the seasons so it will be sad to see it going, but at least it won't end unfinished.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Looks like those X-Wings might be Blue Squadron.

Could also be Green Squadron, they lost all their Y wings at Atollon, and were in X Wings at Scarif, the colour is more green to my eyes.

Y wings behind them too, so probably Gold Squadron.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

drunkill posted:

drat, the show has gotten so good over the seasons so it will be sad to see it going, but at least it won't end unfinished.

And I am confident that Filoni will do something equally awesome next.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Everyone around me was more thrilled about that little bit than anything else.

Premiere was good, definitely lived up to Filoni's comments about a darker tone for the season.
It dealt with Kanan, Rau, Sabine, Chop, and Ezra rescuing Sabine's father from an imperial convoy on Mandalore. There's a fantastic chase sequence and Kanan gets his own Rogue One Vader moment (!!). The rescue is successful but while it's going on Sabine's mother and brother are engaged in a separate battle. Mando-Imp forces deploy a new weapon while Sabine has her mother on comms. By the time Sabine and co make it to the battle, the Mandos, including her family, have been literally disintegrated. Ends with the reveal that this is the weapon Sabine was working on before she left Mandalore.

That's all I've got, they left us on the cliffhanger and only aired part I.

:magical: is all I've really got in response to that

Also IGN says only 15 episodes for this season; bet we'll still get a too-long hiatus?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I should probably clarify one thing about those spoilers:
Sabine's family is only implied to have been killed. You don't see the actual weapon and the armor Sabine sees at the end didn't look like the ornate plates her family wears. I could be wrong though, it's a quick shot and I was towards the back of the room.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Cross-Section posted:

Also IGN says only 15 episodes for this season; bet we'll still get a too-long hiatus?

It is Disney, so that's a given. It could be 10 episodes and there would be weeks long breaks interspersed throughout.

CoffeeQaddaffi fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 15, 2017

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Only 15 episodes? Okay, that sounds more like Disney cutting it short while still allowing Filoni & Co to finish it up.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
"Well, I got my Jedi-on-giant-wolves scene, Filoni OUT!"

Though it there's not a new cg Star Wars replacing it, I'll eat Ezra's entire collection of hats.

Illegal Clown
Feb 18, 2004

Test Pattern posted:

"Well, I got my Jedi-on-giant-wolves scene, Filoni OUT!"

Though it there's not a new cg Star Wars replacing it, I'll eat Ezra's entire collection of hats.

Yeah, I though Filoni was taken off as the head of Rebels to develop a new show?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Illegal Clown posted:

Yeah, I though Filoni was taken off as the head of Rebels to develop a new show?

If so, it's probably still in the drafting stages. Plus not wanting to overshadow the final season of Rebels.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Filoni is supervisor for all star wars animation projects. Forces of Destiny is next and after that who knows.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Clone Wars THE FINAL SEASON?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I am gonna be salty as gently caress if they kill Kanan off.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I'd be surprised if that isn't how it goes down with him.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hera's narration is making me think they're going to off Kanan and the next series will be Star Wars Resistance with Sabine and Ezra in the lead training a new generation during the rise of the First Order.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lots of U wing shots in that trailer

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

TARDISman posted:

Hera's narration is making me think they're going to off Kanan and the next series will be Star Wars Resistance with Sabine and Ezra in the lead training a new generation during the rise of the First Order.

I could dig that.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

TARDISman posted:

How old would they be at that point?

Thirties, forties?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Unfortunately I just have a hard time seeing Kanan or Ezra making it out. If either of them were around during the OT surely someone would have mentioned it (especially since they've worked closely with the actual rebel alliance at this point).

If this were any random show I'd put it at "don't think too hard" but the producers here have been very careful about maintaining their canon status.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Final season?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :cry:

At least Filoni is giving it a proper ending. Still, I love Rebels. Sad to see it's finally ending.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Medullah posted:

Unfortunately I just have a hard time seeing Kanan or Ezra making it out. If either of them were around during the OT surely someone would have mentioned it (especially since they've worked closely with the actual rebel alliance at this point).

If this were any random show I'd put it at "don't think too hard" but the producers here have been very careful about maintaining their canon status.

Ezra leaving to be with Sabine after something goes horribly wrong, like the ever popular theory of Kanan dying, would explain well enough why he's not around in the OT. Same way Ashoka's removal from the Jedi Order and refusal to accept their apology and rejoin was the way out of her being lost to Order 66 back in Clone Wars. Would also let him show up as an older mentor style character for any sort of post-Jedi, pre-Awakens series along with Sabine just fine. The trailer framing it as the story of Sabine and Ezra lends itself towards that being how it ends as well, since we already have an out for Sabine that keeps her away from the rebels but still doing good.

Illegal Clown
Feb 18, 2004

SgtSteel91 posted:

How old would they be at that point?

Thirties, forties?

Old. As old as Luke and Leia, since Ezra was born at the same time. I have never been under any illusion that Ezra or Kanan make it out of the series. Hera, Chopper, and Rex are the only ones for sure to survive.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Oh my god I got suuuuuper excited (:fap:) when the X-Wings dropped out of hyperspace and Hera was in one of them.

And the T/Ds chasing Ghost on Lothal :circlefap: I am gonna be really upset when Rebels finishes

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Wasn't just Hera in the Wang, Chop was, of course, in the astromech slot.

They need to have Hera flying a Y-wing at some point so she can hold the distinction of being one of the few (only) characters to have flown each of the rebel fighters.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Aces High posted:

Oh my god I got suuuuuper excited (:fap:) when the X-Wings dropped out of hyperspace and Hera was in one of them.

And the T/Ds chasing Ghost on Lothal :circlefap: I am gonna be really upset when Rebels finishes

gently caress yes, I was practically :flashfap:'ing the whole time during the trailer.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Galaga Galaxian posted:

They need to have Hera flying a Y-wing at some point so she can hold the distinction of being one of the few (only) characters to have flown each of the rebel fighters.

maybe she doesnt want to trigger chopper

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

So I only heard about this second hand and couldn't find any immediate footage, but... Dave confirmed that Ahsoka was still alive?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

IronSaber posted:

So I only heard about this second hand and couldn't find any immediate footage, but... Dave confirmed that Ahsoka was still alive?

When they darkened the theater to show either the trailer or the preview first episode he changed his shirt (which said "Ahsoka Lives?) to a shirt that said "Ahsoka Lives !"

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
I wasn't sure if they'd make it to 5 seasons, but it's irritating that this is only 15 episodes, especially as it's (apparently) the highest rated show on the Disney XD channel.

I wonder how much is down to wanting Filoni to move onto the 'next big thing', whatever that's going to be.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Ahsoka's dead, they said

The topps cards don't mean anything, they said

PST posted:

I wasn't sure if they'd make it to 5 seasons, but it's irritating that this is only 15 episodes, especially as it's (apparently) the highest rated show on the Disney XD channel.

On the bright side, Season 4 is "more one continuous story arc all the way to the end than it's ever been, in anything we've done - even Clone Wars - where each story really fits together."

So hopefully no filler.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 16, 2017

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Cross-Section posted:

So hopefully no filler.

There is going to be at least 1 chopper episode right near the end

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

"How I Single Handedly Won The Battle of Scarif, a tale in 15 parts" By Chopper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
gently caress yes!! Is anybody else digging Kallus' new look, because I am all about that.

• Locked thread