Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Endorph posted:

he was in persona q

Aw poo poo man, I bought Persona Q months ago and still haven't touched it but I absolutely oughta if my skelebro Turdak is in there. :kiddo:

Seriously Turdak is probably my favorite demon from the series he's just this cool disease god skeleton who can kill people in a split second but if you're on good terms with him he's just like "nah it's cool I got you fam".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
What's the lowest level Lovers persona and how do I fuse it? :confused:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

PirateBob posted:

What's the lowest level Lovers persona and how do I fuse it? :confused:

Pixie and you should get it as the tutorial to getting Persona I think?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I'm at the school trip after the second Palace and Ryuji's English VA continues to be The Best. I can't get enough of how his voice cracks whenever he's pissed off, which is "usually."

e: oh my god that little chuckle of Goro's, I lovehate him already

e2: gently caress YOU RYUJI HIS HAIR IS IMMACULATE

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 15, 2017

RME
Feb 20, 2012

darealkooky posted:

don't misunderstand, persona 2 is cool (outside of the gameplay) but it's a fact they did a female protagonist and then the series went to bed for over half a decade

thats not atypical in SMT games really

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Pixie and you should get it as the tutorial to getting Persona I think?

Pixie is Lovers?! Didn't think of that.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

RME posted:

thats not atypical in SMT games really

If you mean the gameplay I gotta disagree because if you're into it dungeon crawling can be pretty fun, if also sort of brainless and akin to gambling.

P2 has a bad combo of ps1/psp loading times, constant random battles and fights that are neither fast or engaging/threatening (outside of negotiations I guess). It really drags.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

darealkooky posted:

don't misunderstand, persona 2 is cool (outside of the gameplay) but it's a fact they did a female protagonist and then the series went to bed for over half a decade
what a surprise, the utter jesters that are the general populace could not comprehend the power of persona 2

like look, i wont defend persona 2's gameplay, but i truly feel it's writing and characters are masterclass which is 10000% what i come to rpgs for

tatsuya best boy

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Moltrey posted:

what a surprise, the utter jesters that are the general populace could not comprehend the power of persona 2

like look, i wont defend persona 2's gameplay, but i truly feel it's writing and characters are masterclass which is 10000% what i come to rpgs for

tatsuya best boy

Tatsuya was better as a mute, he was awful in Eternal Punishment.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

darealkooky posted:

If you mean the gameplay I gotta disagree because if you're into it dungeon crawling can be pretty fun, if also sort of brainless and akin to gambling.

P2 has a bad combo of ps1/psp loading times, constant random battles and fights that are neither fast or engaging/threatening (outside of negotiations I guess). It really drags.

i mean having half a decade between games

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Sigh, I'm only starting 4th Palace because I'm a turtle.

Anyways, it made me realize how much I wish Makato was the MC of the game. Although, I find Akira to be cool and all he needs some kind of VA other than the silent protagonist. The entire game would be about her solving crimes and trying to redeem herself to her older sister/society being more than honor student.

e: I want Vel to return and star in her own Persona game.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I sure am glad Mona and Ryuji are being little shits in September. It's definitely not really dumb and boring.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I just beat the fifth palace and I hope the plot starts kicking in soon.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Oxxidation posted:

Tatsuya was better as a mute, he was awful in Eternal Punishment.

Eh, I feel like most of that is from the bad...baaaad English dub. Koyasu does a much better job of voicing a quiet but intense and overdramatic Angry Boy who needs a hug.

I don't have a huge problem with his "MAYA...........FORGET ABOUT MEEEE" schtick because it's done as a call out to other stoic teenage loner heroes and it's also implied that that's him trying to be subtle or stealthy and he just doesn't do a very good job of it, so

Moltrey posted:

tatsuya best boy

:yeah:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Alder posted:

Sigh, I'm only starting 4th Palace because I'm a turtle.

Anyways, it made me realize how much I wish Makato was the MC of the game. Although, I find Akira to be cool and all he needs some kind of VA other than the silent protagonist. The entire game would be about her solving crimes and trying to redeem herself to her older sister/society being more than honor student.

e: I want Vel to return and star in her own Persona game.

Yeah, I picked all the dialogue choices that were like, "OK, other world, magic powers, let's go kick some rear end" and I loved that Makoto basically did the same thing

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

RME posted:

i mean having half a decade between games

The gap between P2 and P3 was about the same length as the one between P4 and P5. Are you trying to say that P4 also killed the series?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Oh Ryuji said something mean, better blame the whole team. Fuckin cat.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Clarste posted:

The gap between P2 and P3 was about the same length as the one between P4 and P5. Are you trying to say that P4 also killed the series?

No? He's saying long gaps between main titles in a given atlus IP isn't unusual

Motto fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 15, 2017

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah, I picked all the dialogue choices that were like, "OK, other world, magic powers, let's go kick some rear end" and I loved that Makoto basically did the same thing

Well Phantom Thieves were gaining popularity so it'd make the most sense in a way :v:

Hell, if you told me I'd be allowed to join a magical anime club to rob Trump's Palace so he'd be less of a terrible human being I'd be OK.

Clarste posted:

Confirmed: Yu ruined Persona.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Alder posted:

Confirmed: Yu ruined Persona.
okay but this actually true tho

The Great Thirst For The Persona 4 Protagonist Of 2006 - 2013 was very dire times.

Instead, let me tell you about Tatsuya Suou, a true man's man and the motorcycle noises he makes

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Clarste posted:

Did you forget about Persona 4 Golden and Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and Persona 4: Dancing All Night and Persona Q and Persona 4: The Animation and Persona 4 Golden: The Animation?

Saying that the Persona series was "put to bed for 5 years" after P4 in the same way it was after P2 doesn't exactly ring true.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Wow, people weren't kidding about Ann's link being... unfocused. There's some serious mood whiplash going from one rank to the next.

I'm also at the point where I'm more worried about juggling night links than daytime ones. Ryuji's done, Ann's at 7, Tae's at 9, and Yusuke and Makoto are waiting on stat checks. Meanwhile I still need to grind Guts to push Iwai past 7, and then Sun/Moon/Hierophant are still at 4, and I only just started Star/Fortune/Devil.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I wouldn't really say the series was asleep during the time between P4 and P5 considering there were 4 spinoffs, a remake, an anime, a remake of the anime, and 4 movies.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Clarste posted:

i said its not atypical!

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Moltrey posted:

okay but this actually true tho

The Great Thirst For The Persona 4 Protagonist Of 2006 - 2013 was very dire times.

Instead, let me tell you about Tatsuya Suou, a true man's man and the motorcycle noises he makes

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
persona 2 was god tier, but then they let tatsuya be gay or bi and it became cosmic

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Makoto has been waiting on this double date for like 2 months while i take a bath twice a week to try to get ready.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

All of the adult dateable women are as hilarious as they are weird.

Chihaya: "Akira-kun, are you...into older women?"

>Hell yeah I am!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

slev posted:

Makoto has been waiting on this double date for like 2 months while i take a bath twice a week to try to get ready.

Iwai is waiting on me to eat enough burgers before he sets up a dangerous meeting.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

SettingSun posted:

>Hell yeah I am!

I can't take him dating adults seriously because no :catstare:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

SettingSun posted:

>Hell yeah I am!

This was the best part of that social link after unlocking relationship fortune telling.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

made a kick rear end trumpeter
realised like 2 hours after the fact that the 50%+ gun damage skill says "can stack" so i shouldn't have overwritten the 25%+ gun damage skill.

bye bye all my yen cos i gotta remake it

(can you get Snipe as a skill card?)

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Palace 7 calling card:

I have 600k, nothing I need to buy, all stats maxed and only Yusuke's S. Link to level up (at least the only one I care about finishing). But it looks like I can't hang out with anyone now that I've finished the palace so I guess I just send it? and lose out on 22 days?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
None of the other Personas actually had you date adults, right? There was some poo poo with the devil links in P3/4, and the thing with your teacher in 3 that never went anywhere once she found out yoy were her student in real life, but everyone you could date before 5 was actually age appropriate (except Ken)?

Its a weird change.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Night Blade posted:

Palace 7 calling card:

I have 600k, nothing I need to buy, all stats maxed and only Yusuke's S. Link to level up (at least the only one I care about finishing). But it looks like I can't hang out with anyone now that I've finished the palace so I guess I just send it? and lose out on 22 days?

You don't skip ahead.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Night Blade posted:

Palace 7 calling card:

Send it, you won't lose days.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Zore posted:

None of the other Personas actually had you date adults, right? There was some poo poo with the devil links in P3/4, and the thing with your teacher in 3 that never went anywhere once she found out yoy were her student in real life, but everyone you could date before 5 was actually age appropriate (except Ken)?

Its a great change.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zore posted:

Its a weird change.
i think dating an older lady is less weird than having one ride your dick for 500 yen in a hospital bed

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Endorph posted:

i think dating an older lady is less weird than having one ride your dick for 500 yen in a hospital bed

Kinda. That's definitely the worst, but its also kinda gross you have a bunch of mid-twenties women getting hot for a sixteen year old dude.

I even like most of their confidant chains but I really think they would have been better if they turned you down and only had a friendship route. Because you're a high school student and they're a grown rear end adult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Is it just me, or is Lavenza even tinier than the twins were?