Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Terper posted:

You don't skip ahead.

Thanks.

After last time I was a bit paranoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zore posted:

Kinda. That's definitely the worst, but its also kinda gross you have a bunch of mid-twenties women getting hot for a sixteen year old dude.

I even like most of their confidant chains but I really think they would have been better if they turned you down and only had a friendship route. Because you're a high school student and they're a grown rear end adult.

This would suck because everyone interprets friendship route as "watered down we're not saying it's a romance but it is" anyway. Like the king game in Persona 4. It doesn't matter how many times you say "this isn't alcohol tho..." Naoto, we all know they're meant to be pissed out of their heads.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont really care because this game is a power fantasy for sixteen year old boys, and if i were a sixteen year old boy id want to gently caress a lot of adult women

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually, even as a twenty-nine year old woman, i want to gently caress a lot of adult women.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gonna be real honest with you: I did not say "Hell yeah" when Chihaya asked

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

i dont really care because this game is a power fantasy for sixteen year old boys, and if i were a sixteen year old boy id want to gently caress a lot of adult women

Endorph posted:

actually, even as a twenty-nine year old woman, i want to gently caress a lot of adult women.

:yeah:

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Terper posted:

Gonna be real honest with you: I did not say "Hell yeah" when Chihaya asked

what the

RME
Feb 20, 2012

it's weirder to romance futaba than the adult women, imo

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Hasn't there been a max s link guide floating around

I know it's not necessary but it's nagging at me from P3/4

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ZenVulgarity posted:

Hasn't there been a max s link guide floating around

I know it's not necessary but it's nagging at me from P3/4

Its on Gamefaqs. It works though its not super efficient and also includes getting the videogame and book trophies

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

RME posted:

Right? She's basically your little sister and/or team daughter and dating her feels really loving creepy.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Zore posted:

Its on Gamefaqs. It works though its not super efficient and also includes getting the videogame and book trophies

Efficient I don't care about so long as it's one playthrough

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i didn't romance futaba or any of the adult woman because that would be kinda weird imo...

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

Zore posted:

Kinda. That's definitely the worst, but its also kinda gross you have a bunch of mid-twenties women getting hot for a sixteen year old dude.

I even like most of their confidant chains but I really think they would have been better if they turned you down and only had a friendship route. Because you're a high school student and they're a grown rear end adult.

Hey now...the doc with her own practice has to be at least 30+.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ZenVulgarity posted:

Efficient I don't care about so long as it's one playthrough

Yeah, I can confirm it works.

The hardest part will obviously be Palace 1 because of the limited SP, but you can scrape through if you're lucky and find a soul food or two. I barely made it but it was pretty smooth sailing after that.

Also learn to efficiently grind money by holding up various demons. There are always some that give more or less than others and if you find encounters where you can kill them without using SP and trigger them into their 'beg for their life' you can make absurd amounts quickly.

Dr. Carwash posted:

Hey now...the doc with her own practice has to be at least 30+.

I thought that too, but everyone jumped down my throat about it earlier in the thread because apparently you can do med school with undergrad in Japan and residency doesn't exist?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Outside of trophies, is there ever actually a point in doing CDs/videogames? On a time-points basis they just seem less efficient than going to specific outlets to raise stats. I mean I guess the benefit is also that they're 'free'.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Outside of trophies, is there ever actually a point in doing CDs/videogames? On a time-points basis they just seem less efficient then going to specific outlets to raise stats. I mean I guess the benefit is also that they're 'free'.

Nope.

Technically you can make them slightly more efficient by reading the book that gives them more notes but that also takes time.

At least with books there are two times (on the train and in classes Kawakami lets you skip) where you can't do anything else.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Zore posted:

Yeah, I can confirm it works.

The hardest part will obviously be Palace 1 because of the limited SP, but you can scrape through if you're lucky and find a soul food or two. I barely made it but it was pretty smooth sailing after that.

Also learn to efficiently grind money by holding up various demons. There are always some that give more or less than others and if you find encounters where you can kill them without using SP and trigger them into their 'beg for their life' you can make absurd amounts quickly.

I thought that too, but everyone jumped down my throat about it earlier in the thread because apparently you can do med school with undergrad in Japan and residency doesn't exist?

Any ones in particular? I tend to gently caress up the answer thing quite frequently.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

Any ones in particular? I tend to gently caress up the answer thing quite frequently.

Specifically thinking of Nekomata in Palace 3, they give an absurd amount for that point in the game.

For Palace 1, here's what I found when I did it

quote:

I found a pretty good way to grind money once you hit level 9/10. Going back to the ground floor of the palace and all your characters should be almost killing enemies in one hit, which makes them beg for their life and cough up between 500 and 1000 yen a battle. If you warp between save rooms all the enemies can respawn and you can make loops.

Not sure how necessary it is, but everyone bitches about money being tight and this takes zero resources.

Also sell the Free LC Soma. Its 50k and you'll need it early on.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RME posted:

It's weirder for a kid to date an adult than a kid to date a kid, imo

But hey I don't mind either way

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

The Shortest Path posted:

Right? She's basically your little sister and/or team daughter and dating her feels really loving creepy.

Someone 16-17 dating someone 15-16 is nothing strange.

Course you probably aren't the same age as joker so I won't say you're wrong for feeling like this.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zore posted:

Yeah, it's not a perfect guide by any stretch and if people choose use it, make sure you double check that you have a matching arcana for every single event other than Sun, Moon and Strength because that guide doesn't make a hugely clear point of telling you that you need it outside of the boring intro blurb you don't necessarily need to read but if you don't have matching arcana, you're going to fall behind and if you fall too far behind, you might need an extra mementos trip or it's a slot that's heavily contested and one day being lost can mean waiting until the end of the game to catch those events up.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I'm real bass at persona I think. I'm in the lead up to palace 5 and only two links maxed, Sun and Chariot. My social stats are all in the 3-4 range and I can't figure out the Ame-no-whatever fusion request.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Terper posted:

It's weirder for a kid to date an adult than a kid to date a kid, imo

But hey I don't mind either way

It's really weird to date a girl that literally says they want to adopt you in the romance rank 10 conversation

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

darealkooky posted:

Course you probably aren't the same age as joker so I won't say you're wrong for feeling like this.

Its not really the age thing with Futaba. She's pretty emotionally immature and has spent literal years cooped up in a single room and your relationship is very guardian/charge more than between equals.

Like she doesn't even really recognize what a crush is during her social link. I feel like its okay to not feel like she should necessarily be dating in that case. She's your eager to please little sister and is cool and good, but not really someone I feel you should date?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Does the extra note from Fortune's stat boost just not show up?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zore posted:

Its not really the age thing with Futaba. She's pretty emotionally immature and has spent literal years cooped up in a single room
that just sounds like me when i was 15 and i dated

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

darealkooky posted:

I know there's a throwaway line about how she just finished middle school so she's about a year younger than Joker, but she has the body of a Splatoon character and the emotional maturity of a pre-teen, so I'm gonna go ahead and say it's a little weird.

Not like... horribly creepy, people have different body types and all, but a little weird??

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

that just sounds like me when i was 15 and i dated

It sounds just like you when you were 29 and dated :moonrio:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Short people, exist

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Motto posted:

Short people, exist

your going to need to speak up, if you wish to be heard.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

BrightWing posted:

I'm real bass at persona I think. I'm in the lead up to palace 5 and only two links maxed, Sun and Chariot. My social stats are all in the 3-4 range and I can't figure out the Ame-no-whatever fusion request.

Ame is a level 29 Persona, I think either Priestess or Lovers (I always get the two mixed up).

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
seriouspost tho futaba being smaller/younger looking is prolly partly exaggerated-seeming bc like most rpgs all the "normal" female characters are ridiculously hot and shapely

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean for me, it's entirely based on the family dynamic you have with Sojiro and generally how her confidant link goes. I liked Towa in trails of cold steel and she would probably offend someone more on a physical reason.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
As an aside, I like this new(?) feature where the compendium is full from the start only everything is a silhouette until you fuse/obtain that persona because I can generally place what each demon is just by the outline.

Really helped both to cheat at figuring out some of the more obscure weaknesses on enemies as well as knowing what to fuse together for the strength requests.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

futaba feels like a younger sister to me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wizard on a water slide posted:

seriouspost tho futaba being smaller/younger looking is prolly partly exaggerated-seeming bc like most rpgs all the "normal" female characters are ridiculously hot and shapely
it isn't really exaggerated, ive known grown japanese women that were that tiny. heck my sister's white and she's about that tiny and she's like 20. some women are just very tiny.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

it isn't really exaggerated, ive known grown japanese women that were that tiny. heck my sister's white and she's about that tiny. some women are just very tiny.

I didn't mean she was exaggerated in reality, in fact I'm saying a lot of teenage girls even in the US are short or flat-chested or w/e

the female characters in persona 5 are not, which makes her stand out and seem weirder-looking than she is imo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Motto posted:

Short people, exist

I've never seen one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The second years all read and act like they're basically 18 year olds to me, where Futaba reads like the 15 year old that she is.

Sojiro asked you not to smash his daughter though, so you're honour bound to not smash, lest you be a poo poo.