Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
all dems are bad and all dems should lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

comedyblissoption posted:

after their miserable performance in 2009-2010 i dont think lovely dems deserve the 20 minutes of effort it would take for me to vote sorry bros

it would make trump mad and at least he's not a republican isn't good enough

you're stupid as gently caress

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
*getting real steamed up* this is the freaking funny election forum!! all we do is talk about politics and vote! *head turns beet red like a tomato* how could someone screw up the whole point!!

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Gringostar posted:

all dems are bad and all dems should lose

Wait, don't tell me, next you're going to say you're ~ironically~ voting republican?

C'mon. Put a little effort in.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

OAquinas posted:

Wait, don't tell me, next you're going to say you're ~ironically~ voting republican?

C'mon. Put a little effort in.

green party

jill would have won

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Please vote for and support Ossof.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

John "Albright was right to kill those starving children" Ossof

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
it's like the same people who tear up the free dem party survey mailer that takes like 15 mins to finish then complain about the dem party being lovely

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ah yes why would i complain about the democratic party being lovely which literally sends fundraising messages still with donna brazille named on it

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
lool

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

comedyblissoption posted:

ah yes why would i complain about the democratic party being lovely which literally sends fundraising messages still with donna brazille named on it

i mean if you want to be represented by some total idiot thats your choice i guess since the other option is maybe a neoliberal

at least they will be genuinely representing you

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Jose posted:

i mean if you want to be represented by some total idiot thats your choice i guess since the other option is maybe a neoliberal

at least they will be genuinely representing you

i dunno. right now it seems like the establishment dems are only backing establishment candidates again. if they're refusing to fund candidates that aren't washington insiders, it kinda makes us suckers to elect their preferred candidates.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Look I just want to see Donald Trump make hilarious tweets so vote for the Democrat.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
until dems adopt a leftist message instead of a centrist neoliberal one no one should vote for them

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Gringostar posted:

until dems adopt a leftist message instead of a centrist neoliberal one no one should vote for them

or at least till they stop deliberately stabbing non-establishment candidates in the back like they did in ks-04

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://www.predictit.org/Market/2932/Who-will-win-the-2017-House-of-Representatives-special-election-in-Georgia%27s-6th-District

PI puts Ossoff's odds at around 40% right now.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

or at least till they stop deliberately stabbing non-establishment candidates in the back like they did in ks-04

The dude in Montana is getting support isn't he?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

sexpig by night posted:

is he? i haven't seen any news to that effect, but i haven't searched quist today

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
google rob quist

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i hope he wins so i can call him a quistling if he ever votes for stuff i dont like

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

sexpig by night posted:

the dccc leadership until about a week ago wasn't even aware there was a special election in montana

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the dccc leadership until about a week ago wasn't even aware there was a special election in montana

*retired former dccc leadership

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong

Indeed. They were higher for a while.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

Hes not, lol.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Nate Cohn‏Verified account
@Nate_Cohn

The GA-6 in-person early vote is done.
Today: D 35, R 43
Over all: D 41.1, R 40.8 with 54817 votes counted

RIP.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the margins are still going to own bigly

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Vox Nihili posted:

@Nate_Cohn

RIP.

Yeah :rip: dem's 49-state strategy

I expect they will give up entirely as soon as their preferred candidate loses

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Condiv posted:

I expect they will give up entirely as soon as their preferred candidate loses

Sounds familiar

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
https://twitter.com/alexis_levinson/status/853368311354183680

https://twitter.com/alexis_levinson/status/853365822185771008

some more fun details from that poll

also i think nobody's allowed to see the actual vote tallies yet, so the numbers being discussed currently are gathered based on party affiliation, not actual vote cast. but im not sure of that

Venuz Patrol has issued a correction as of 08:54 on Apr 16, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Peachfart posted:

Sounds familiar

it's what they always do, and then they pull their favorite republican tactic, projection, and blame it on the left. they're p awful

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Vox Nihili posted:

@Nate_Cohn

RIP.

that's hardly "rip"

https://twitter.com/ElectProject/status/853052529378250752

https://twitter.com/ElectProject/status/853053326107316224

we'll see how election day turnout ends up (it will likely be bad for dems) but dem is performing very, very well in ev. gop typically has strong edge in this district

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the only thing you can point to there in ossof's favor is the partisan breakdown relative to 2016

also

https://twitter.com/ElectProject/status/853054306349719557

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

the only thing you can point to there in ossof's favor is the partisan breakdown relative to 2016

also

https://twitter.com/ElectProject/status/853054306349719557

well the composition of the unaffiliateds is pretty important, but the thing there is that in GA the unaffiliated = people who have never participated in a primary before. those are surge voters, and more likely to be democrats than republicans. the revily poll gave ossoff 63% of early voters (fwiw since it's not a great poll).

predicting tuesday is a fool's errand, imo. there's no way to know for sure what's happening without counting the votes given the uncertainty about turnout, but the idea that this race is over is just wrong. the ev is very good, and gop turnout is still dramatically underperforming.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
han solo will lose

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Concerned Citizen posted:

well the composition of the unaffiliateds is pretty important, but the thing there is that in GA the unaffiliated = people who have never participated in a primary before.

pretty sure that's just listing which primary someone voted in last if they did so, not party affiliation overall

ga is an open primary state

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

pretty sure that's just listing which primary someone voted in last if they did so, not party affiliation overall

ga is an open primary state

yes that's what i was saying

i mean look at the ev comparison between 2014 and 2017

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/853052281792671748

if dems are voting like this is 2014, and gop is voting like it's a primary, then that's the ballgame and ossoff will hit 50%. so there's a lot of reason for dems to feel encouraged by ev (but again, still vast amounts of uncertainty re: outcome)

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 19:09 on Apr 16, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Concerned Citizen posted:

yes that's what i was saying

sounded like you were saying that people who've never voted in a primary are considered unaffiliated in ga which is ridiculous

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

sounded like you were saying that people who've never voted in a primary are considered unaffiliated in ga which is ridiculous

ok idk what you're arguing about. i am talking about michael mcdonald's graph of ga-06 ev, a state with no party registration. i am saying the people in gray, unaffiliated, are likely strongly dem leaning.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
alright. time to post hopeful images of people in democratic districts lined up to vote, earnestly hoping the lines are long because turnout is high, but knowing in our heart of hearts that it's because voting access is limited in those neighborhoods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
tbh really low turnout is probably what ossoff wants today, he's going to get rocked on election day voting

• Locked thread