Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Davethulhu posted:

Hixalot, you've got over a day inactive. Is this a temporary thing or can we look for a replacement?

Yeah sorry, work has sucked a lot of spare time lately. You can replace me.

Edit: or things should be back to normal starting this week if that's cool.

Nevhix fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hixalot posted:

that's cool, man, just wanted to know if you were hangin'em up.

At least try to put a donut up for raids, man. Don't miss them Kenobi shards.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Here's a list of QGJ's top 5 AAT damagers and pertinent roster summaries:

1. Me - g11 Zader, g8/9 rebels, g8 jedi
2. Wintermutant - g11 rebels, g9/10 jedi, g9/10 droids
3. Zox - g9/10 rebels, g9-11 jedi, g9/10 droids (missing nebit)
4. Moral Hazard - g9-11 droids, g9/10 rebels, g8 jedi
5. Wunderbar - g9/10 rebels, g7-9 jedi

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Hixalot posted:

You must be an accountant lol

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'd rather not kick anyone who's otherwise active.

In the last tank raid we had 3 people not participate:
Hixalot - Busy, hopefully back now that tax season is over
Cool Mike - ?
Bluedust - Has no 7*

Edit: one other issue is raid tickets. you need to spend 600 energy (regular and cantina) to max out your raid ticket contributions. if you collect all your bonus energy, you get 240 + 120 + 90 + 45 + 45 = 540 energy per day. a single 50 crystal energy refresh spent at the right time (before rollover so you can split it), would let you max out your contribution. Maximizing your tickets/day is more important than doing the "right" kind of activity (dark or cantina or whatever the guild activity is), because the more tickets we get, the quicker we can run raids. Currently we're bringing in about 28k tickets per day, out of a possible max of 30k.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 17, 2017

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Might be best to have the people who are still levelling up and building their teams go to the other guild. Especially if we do have 50 players who are maxed out and can contribute to the end game content more.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Who's next on the list to move up to IGD from QGJ? Bluedust needs to move down.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Chilichimp posted:

Who's next on the list to move up to IGD from QGJ? Bluedust needs to move down.

Looks like Fishtobaskets or wintermutant, based on his post a few posts ago.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Hey IGD folks, I called the start of the rancor wrong. It's not DarthTater's fault. Damage is still 8 am pacific 4/17.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
gently caress you, Darth Tater :colbert:

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002
Arena update: G10 Rex lead is keeping me in the top 30, up about 20 - 40 places. Definitely a good stop gap until Chaze comes online. Thanks Mal!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Karzon posted:

Arena update: G10 Rex lead is keeping me in the top 30, up about 20 - 40 places. Definitely a good stop gap until Chaze comes online. Thanks Mal!

Rex is keeping me on top WITH Chaze. Not really a stop gap.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
farming baze via hardmodes+spending some crystals on him when i can will be funny to have a 3-4* baze and a 7* chirrut because somehow finding him in ship shop is going much quicker...

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Herux posted:

farming baze via hardmodes+spending some crystals on him when i can will be funny to have a 3-4* baze and a 7* chirrut because somehow finding him in ship shop is going much quicker...

Same experience here. Also I need 1 million stun guns.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
IGD goons, I'd like some feedback on the HAAT raid, specifically start times and such. Would you like to continue to see a damage hold after P1 is complete, or would your rather just push through from start to finish. The raids are currently taking 18 hours or so to finish, which should give everyone a chance to participate, however this number will get smaller as people get better geared.

We'll be ready for another raid after guild rollover tonight.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

IGD goons, I'd like some feedback on the HAAT raid, specifically start times and such. Would you like to continue to see a damage hold after P1 is complete, or would your rather just push through from start to finish. The raids are currently taking 18 hours or so to finish, which should give everyone a chance to participate, however this number will get smaller as people get better geared.

I appreciate the hold time - being in GMT+0 could mean I don't get a chance to put a 0 damage in due to either work or being asleep. Especially as we get better geared.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

I appreciate the hold time - being in GMT+0 could mean I don't get a chance to put a 0 damage in due to either work or being asleep. Especially as we get better geared.

I like the hold time

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
One option would be to have a 12 or 24h hold time first, since it doesn't seem like we need more than 24h now to clear the raid.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I'd have thought a 12 hour hold window would give most people enough time to log in and get on the board at least.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

I like us starting it right after reset, 7:30-9 PM Pacific time, and then holding until 9 AM, and then it usually takes us about 4-6 hours to finish, so that's close to 20 hours from start to finish.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
If we're confident we can spank it out in 1 day then I think a 24 HR hold is best in case someone is like asleep or whatever. Its important for everyone to get shards so allowing for the most time for people to get their 0 in is good imo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

two_step posted:

One option would be to have a 12 or 24h hold time first, since it doesn't seem like we need more than 24h now to clear the raid.

I dun wanna do 24h waits. That's mega lame.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

I dun wanna do 24h waits. That's mega lame.

24 hour waits worry me because that's half the time you have to complete the raid.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

24 hour waits worry me because that's half the time you have to complete the raid.

I vote we clear P1, and wait until something like 9/10/11 am Pacific to continue damage.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I vote we clear P1, and wait until something like 9/10/11 am Pacific to continue damage.

Thats basically what we just did.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Malgrin posted:

As long as we don't end up at 10/11 pm Pacific for the opposite schedule. That's too late for us in the real time zone.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
While not quite my best p1 score (I think I hit 450k once), this is definitely my best without using arena mods, just ran Teebo, Maul, QGJ, EE, TFP for 428k. Daze does wonders against b2 and the tanks (one gets 100% when GG gets hit 7 times), combined with TFP's aoe BI and TEN down on GG makes cycling through 7 hits pretty easy. This also let's you keep more debuffed enemies in play, which is extra damage from TFP. 200k from TFP, 92 from Maul. I had been hitting 200-250k ever since I moved Phasma to P2 with Vader, but this comp is sweet.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'd like to get to the point where I can actually do the zeta challenges. My DS ships are pitiful (I've just got TFP/FOTFP/Geo Soldier). I'm working on unlocking Slave I. I, sadly, don't have any other Genosians unlocked or Maul (who I'm definitely getting to). Any guidance anyone can offer as far as what's a reasonable path to getting at least to the requirements for the final Ship Abilities challenge? How many ships do I need beyond the requirements to finish the challenge?

My initial Fleet Store strategy was to just work LS ships up to 5 stars to form a viable arena team and unlock higher levels of the challenges. Now I'm focusing on Biggs' ship and DS ships (both in fleet and GW stores) now and trying to get vader to 7* (40 shards away). I thought, after Vader's done, I'd pump everything in fleet to get Maul unlocked? Should I just save fleet currency for him right now?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 18, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

I'd like to get to the point where I can actually do the zeta challenges. My DS ships are pitiful (I've just got TFP/FOTFP/Geo Soldier). I'm working on unlocking Slave I. I, sadly, don't have any other Genosians unlocked or Maul (who I'm definitely getting to). Any guidance anyone can offer as far as what's a reasonable path to getting at least to the requirements for the final Ship Abilities challenge? How many ships do I need beyond the requirements to finish the challenge?

My initial Fleet Store strategy was to just work LS ships up to 5 stars to form a viable arena team and unlock higher levels of the challenges. Now I'm focusing on Biggs' ship and DS ships (both in fleet and GW stores) now and trying to get vader to 7* (40 shards away). I thought, after Vader's done, I'd pump everything in fleet to get Maul unlocked? Should I just save fleet currency for him right now?

I did it with TFP, FOTP, Geo S, Boba Fett, and Sun Fac, I think.

No reason Maul couldn't be subbed in for Sun Fac, as I didn't gear or level his ship up much to complete the challenge.

The Geo Spy is poo poo and his ship is poo poo, do not engage.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I did it with TFP, FOTP, Geo S, Boba Fett, and Sun Fac, I think.

No reason Maul couldn't be subbed in for Sun Fac, as I didn't gear or level his ship up much to complete the challenge.

The Geo Spy is poo poo and his ship is poo poo, do not engage.

Soldier and Sun Fac are pretty easy to unlock, heroes are in Cantina/Guild and Fleet, and ships are in GW (rarely for Sun Fac) and Fleet shipments. Plus Sun Fac is a boss both as a hero and a ship. Scimitar is the only other worthwhile, farmable DS ship, and it's a really slow farm.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Got Kylo from 2 shards past unlocked to 64/100 for 7* over the weekend, feels good

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I've basically stopped buying Cantina refreshes to save crystals for gear, so this weekend has been loving great for me. Finished off the last 70 or so of B2 and got Aayala to 5*.

The real boon, though, was being able to buy Bistan shards every shop refresh. Just 7*ed him and am moving back to finishing HRS, then it's just stockpile city for the next hero to drop in the shop.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I've basically stopped buying Cantina refreshes to save crystals for gear, so this weekend has been loving great for me. Finished off the last 70 or so of B2 and got Aayala to 5*.

The real boon, though, was being able to buy Bistan shards every shop refresh. Just 7*ed him and am moving back to finishing HRS, then it's just stockpile city for the next hero to drop in the shop.

I'm actually using cantina credit to work on DK from the shard shop.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I'm actually using cantina credit to work on DK from the shard shop.

probably worth it as well. I might do that, but I loving hate the conversion rate.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

probably worth it as well. I might do that, but I loving hate the conversion rate.

Yeah, it's pretty bad, but we're getting new Empire dudes soon, so I'd at least like to have DK/DT at 5* so they're an option maybe.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, it's pretty bad, but we're getting new Empire dudes soon, so I'd at least like to have DK/DT at 5* so they're an option maybe.

The only reason I'm not "all in" on DT is because I know his gear grind is one of the worst in the game.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Malgrin posted:

Soldier and Sun Fac are pretty easy to unlock, heroes are in Cantina/Guild and Fleet, and ships are in GW (rarely for Sun Fac) and Fleet shipments. Plus Sun Fac is a boss both as a hero and a ship. Scimitar is the only other worthwhile, farmable DS ship, and it's a really slow farm.

Speaking of Sun Fac. What's a good DS team for him?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

Speaking of Sun Fac. What's a good DS team for him?

Hes not DS specific for arena. He's also fallen out if the meta hard.

Pair him as a stop gap tank in any comp. TFP Boba and EP ruin him as a tank. Hes still a good counter pick for pretaunters and aoe teams because of his dispell on basic.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I think we have a few spots coming open in QGJ for anybody looking for a goon guild. Reg AAT goes down reasonably quick and HRancor on farm.

You can contact me here or mention me in discord w your ally code and I'll work on an invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

fishtobaskets posted:

I think we have a few spots coming open in QGJ for anybody looking for a goon guild. Reg AAT goes down reasonably quick and HRancor on farm.

You can contact me here or mention me in discord w your ally code and I'll work on an invite.

Yeah we are only getting like 20-25,000 of the 30,000 possible raid tickets daily so I'd hope we are regularly purging inactives because papa needs to minmax