Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Piccolo is going to get his catch up boost via another fight with 17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
17 owns

I really like that while Goku and the main gang have all been off fighting gods and alternate dimensions, everyone else continues to have their own lives

Raserys fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Apr 16, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kithkar posted:

Super Saiyan Blue Goku sending a Kamehameha at you? Just gonna put up my shield and not give a single gently caress.

I can't imagine why the androids have ways to nullify Goku's signature move.

Director really went arty with this episode, to the point that the off-island bits looked (Beerus, space poacher) weird and flat.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why are they keeping the "lose and get erased" part secret again?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Electric Phantasm posted:

Because Gohan said so and Gohan's retarded.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

17's reaction to being erased is p dumb

why even worry about your job if both you and it won't exist

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

bowmore posted:

I hope we get to see a reaction from the 17 and Piccolo reunion

I like to imagine 17 came up with that energy shield as a giant gently caress you to Hellzone grenade

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Manatee Cannon posted:

Getting sucked up a lizard man's hentail, then getting murdered and revived with no fanfare can change you.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

Maybe 17 remembers being part of Cell. He remembers his own thoughts mixing with Cells, becoming Cells. His mind becomes insane and murderous, and it feels like its is your own thoughts. It would be like being assimilated by the Borg, a fate worse than death.

Maybe 17 wants to be erased, so that he no longer has to live with these traumatic memories. He knows that even in death he will have to live with the experience forever in the after life. Only if Zeno erases the universe will he have peace.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Electric Phantasm posted:

Because the Son family is made up of stupid people.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Apr 16, 2017

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

StrifeHira posted:

Yamcha is the greatest hero of Universe 7.

Hey! I understand this reference!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I think it's so nobody panics, does something stupid, and ends up wasting the only 40 hours they have to get everyone together.

Can't tell Krillin because he can't keep a secret. Can't tell 18, because it's not like she wouldn't tell Krillin.

Piccolo probably already knows.

Vegeta is the person who will do something stupid like try to kill Goku.

Buu already knows.

17 knows now, but it was a last ditch to try and recruit him. Besides, they were on an island, it's not like he was going to run around causing a panic.

Also if the world at large found out, there would DEFINITELY be a panic, which could complicate finding the people they need to find, cause needless damage, and could permanently alienate these people everywhere in the world. A thing that people with families and goals outside of being a punchman probably would like to avoid.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OB_Juan posted:

I think it's so nobody panics, does something stupid, and ends up wasting the only 40 hours they have to get everyone together.

Can't tell Krillin because he can't keep a secret. Can't tell 18, because it's not like she wouldn't tell Krillin.

Piccolo probably already knows.

Vegeta is the person who will do something stupid like try to kill Goku.

Buu already knows.

17 knows now, but it was a last ditch to try and recruit him. Besides, they were on an island, it's not like he was going to run around causing a panic.

Also if the world at large found out, there would DEFINITELY be a panic, which could complicate finding the people they need to find, cause needless damage, and could permanently alienate these people everywhere in the world. A thing that people with families and goals outside of being a punchman probably would like to avoid.

I think its mostly so they don't waste 5min of every episode with Gokus new recruit getting pissed off at him. They are waiting for everyone to be recruited and assembled, then they will all be told in a big crowd and we can get the "Goku is an irresponsible idiot" scene out of the way for everyone.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Why spend what is very likely the last 40 hours of your existence preparing to fight futilely in some dimensional void when you can spend it with your family?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

Maybe 17 remembers being part of Cell. He remembers his own thoughts mixing with Cells, becoming Cells. His mind becomes insane and murderous, and it feels like its is your own thoughts. It would be like being assimilated by the Borg, a fate worse than death.

Maybe 17 wants to be erased, so that he no longer has to live with these traumatic memories. He knows that even in death he will have to live with the experience forever in the after life. Only if Zeno erases the universe will he have peace.

If that's true everyone Cell ate would have remembered the same.

What Cell did wasn't fusion.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

I think its mostly so they don't waste 5min of every episode with Gokus new recruit getting pissed off at him. They are waiting for everyone to be recruited and assembled, then they will all be told in a big crowd and we can get the "Goku is an irresponsible idiot" scene out of the way for everyone.

Instead they're "wasting" 5 minutes of very episode with close ups of Goku bumbling over trying to hide the truth.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Dragon Ball wasting time? :raise:
Nonsense!

Edit: I've actually watched some episodes of Z recently, and I can state, Super pacing is actually really, really fast if compared with the glacier the original Z was.

Captain Quack fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 16, 2017

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Android 17: "Thanks to the Dragon Balls, I was able to get work as a ranger. I love my job, it gives me purpose, and I'm able to protect these endangered animals. I also have a wife and three kids, two of them are adopted. I care deeply about other living things on the Earth."

Goku: "Hey yeah, so, if we lose the Tournament of Power, all of that will be erased."

Android 17: *defiant look* "I'll pass."

:downs:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Looking foward to 17's gut punch juggle combo in Xenoverse 3.

I've never actually watched the 17 episodes of GT, somewhat tempted to now just to have them as a comparison point.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

a cartoon duck posted:

I've never actually watched the 17 episodes of GT, somewhat tempted to now just to have them as a comparison point.
It's bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5gwu4X2UYc&t=178s

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
imo this is a pretty clear setup to using the magic wishgranting balls to fix 17's problems.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Adder Moray posted:

Why spend what is very likely the last 40 hours of your existence preparing to fight futilely in some dimensional void when you can spend it with your family?

he's not doing that tho; he's gonna spend it protecting those animals. like 17 literally says he can't leave them alone

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Number Nihilisteen doesn't have to be consistent, just do what he can and accept the heat death of the universe.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

reignofevil posted:

imo this is a pretty clear setup to using the magic wishgranting balls to fix 17's problems.

17 doesn't have any problems apart from the whims of Evil "gods".

He has a family and a fulfilling job, gets paid plenty to get by and is still in great shape.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

he's not doing that tho; he's gonna spend it protecting those animals. like 17 literally says he can't leave them alone

He said that before Goku mentioned potential universal annihilation, didn't he?

sassassin posted:

17 doesn't have any problems apart from the whims of Evil "gods".

He has a family and a fulfilling job, gets paid plenty to get by and is still in great shape.

The Minotauros is going to die out, eventually since it's the last one. That's his problem.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Super dub is finally getting to the best part of the filler: Beebus v Super Saiyan Satan

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

"If we're all erased together then I suppose it is what it is"
I guess he's thinking it's better for him and everything he cares about to be destroyed at once than it would be for him to leave and save the universe, only to come back and find tank-poachers wiped out the part he cared about while he was gone.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Android 17 knows that if he leaves, the Dharma Initiative will break their truce and begin drilling into the Island. Bad things will go down if that happens.

It's a valid concern.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Gruckles posted:

I guess he's thinking it's better for him and everything he cares about to be destroyed at once than it would be for him to leave and save the universe, only to come back and find tank-poachers wiped out the part he cared about while he was gone.

I love DB Super dearly, but trying to explain that bad writing is pointless. 17 will join up soon enough, he's just playing hard to get. Good excuse for a filler episode.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Adder Moray posted:

The Minotauros is going to die out, eventually since it's the last one. That's his problem.

He seems at peace with the inevitable extinction of the suicidal bull.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gruckles posted:

Geez just wish the extinct pokemon species back with the dragonballs. Its not rocket science here.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

17 beat Goku LIKE A RUG

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

GT is just really, really bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebjQo5eMgmY

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

17 is great and being at peace with existential nihilism while also being dedicated to your job because it gives you personal fulfilment is fine.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
All your questions about 17 just reinforce my belief that pet people are weird freaks.

I'm not too concerned about pacing, you kinda need to establish that these guys can still go and some of them can use an extra episode for that (namely 17, who wasn't involved with Goku's shenanigans).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dias posted:

I'm not too concerned about pacing, you kinda need to establish that these guys can still go and some of them can use an extra episode for that (namely 17, who wasn't involved with Goku's shenanigans).

I think if we can buy professional mum 18 as a worthy fighter we could accept 17 would be too without a two episode rumble in the jungle.

Making him directly fight SSB Goku actually raises more questions than it answers. He must have fought a lot of really strong poachers.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

sassassin posted:

I think if we can buy professional mum 18 as a worthy fighter we could accept 17 would be too without a two episode rumble in the jungle.

Making him directly fight SSB Goku actually raises more questions than it answers. He must have fought a lot of really strong poachers.

well apparently he's fought aliens if they know about the island

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kild posted:

well apparently he's fought aliens if they know about the island

Aliens from this universe. Not a high bar.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

17 fought gold cooler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

sassassin posted:

Goku fighting someone unnecessarily? Why that's not like him at all.

• Locked thread