Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I started with a Heavy Flamer, and my first recruit after the league coming up starts is going to be a kitted out Sniper. Remember that Guard can have three Gunners, so you can afford one of each weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Uroboros posted:

So, went into the armor plates and lined. I'm not sure if this is any good, thoughts?

Personally I love it. The boots with the outlining look way better than the chest piece that has no outlining. That flat blue is just too... flat. The shade isn't quite enough because the gold overpowers it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'd cap the bigger highlights with a 1mm streak of lighter blue and a dot of white. It's basically what I do for black, but should work here where you aren't using a darker blue to underscore the base color.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hihohe posted:

This makes me sad that our current weird boys dont wear Orky wizard hats.

I really wish there was even more of that. Just a bunch of new Ork mobs using bits of other orks as weaponry, or just straight up flinging them whole at the enemy like how zapp guns do it.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

moths posted:

I'd cap the bigger highlights with a 1mm streak of lighter blue and a dot of white. It's basically what I do for black, but should work here where you aren't using a darker blue to underscore the base color.

I use blue Horror which is basically 75% white for the more extreme edging. For this I also used it for the interior lines, because it was to difficult to do progressive colors on such a thin line on a flat surface. I'll give it a shot and see how it comes out.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

They should have kept mad boyz.

The one unit that they could have kept totally random but no....

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

They should have kept mad boyz.

The one unit that they could have kept totally random but no....

Boss Droog agrees

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Any advice for making my vehicles look like they got a bit of snow on them? I'm going Ulthwe eldar so with the mostly black scheme I thought it might look good. Can I dab white paint on the edges or would people reccomend something else?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
So I ordered some figures from a guy on eBay I've ordered from before, and everything goes well with the tracking info, but then guess what happens?

Yesterday it goes out for delivery, it gets marked as delivered, and then five minutes later it's undeliverable as addressed. I call the post office today, and I get a lifeless drone telling me they don't have the package, they don't know where it is, they don't know how it ended up that way, they don't know what I can do, they don't know what they can do, and they don't know anything, "sorry" before hanging up.

What the gently caress is wrong with USPS

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
It's gone most likely. USPS is horrible and I've had them lose several packages. And whenever i contact them about it, it's just lost and there is nothing they can do and they have no responsibility for it.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Jesus loving poo poo christ how did it go all the way from the other side of the country to here and it was delivered but NOT REALLY and now it's lost forever?

What do I do now?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Zark the Damned posted:

Boss Droog agrees

One of those needs a :smug:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

RagnarokAngel posted:

Any advice for making my vehicles look like they got a bit of snow on them? I'm going Ulthwe eldar so with the mostly black scheme I thought it might look good. Can I dab white paint on the edges or would people reccomend something else?

I just use my snow paste (like 50% snow flock, 40% PVA glue and 10% water, followed by a dusting of snow) on all my treads and areas where snow might accumulate while driving through the muck:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
My first campaign game of Shadow War ended with my Cult on their backs, wounded and crawling for safety, at the mercy of a party of blisteringly fast and bloodthirsty Wyches... who proceeded to bottle and run when one of them fumbled a grenade and took out half their own number permanently.

It took less than 30 mins altogether, it was great.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

SteelMentor posted:

My first campaign game of Shadow War ended with my Cult on their backs, wounded and crawling for safety, at the mercy of a party of blisteringly fast and bloodthirsty Wyches... who proceeded to bottle and run when one of them fumbled a grenade and took out half their own number permanently.

It took less than 30 mins altogether, it was great.

That sounds loving fantastic! I am playing Necromunda for the first time tomorrow; I hear the rules are practically identical.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

goose willis posted:

Jesus loving poo poo christ how did it go all the way from the other side of the country to here and it was delivered but NOT REALLY and now it's lost forever?

What do I do now?

Try going to the local post office personally.

Also, I would contact the seller and let them know what happened. They have at least $50 in insurance.

USPS has some bullshit disclaimer that they are not responsible for loss, musplacement, or damage to any packages under their care outside of inaurance.

Hell, I recently purchased the Forgeworld experimental battlesuit pack, and it was shipped FedEx, which hands off their shipment to USPS for the final delivery. FedEx gave an undamaged box to USPS (as per the pic they took at handoff). When I got it the side of the box was hanging off and one of the XV9s was missing. Thankfully Forgeworld sent me a replacement.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

jadebullet posted:

USPS has some bullshit disclaimer that they are not responsible for loss, musplacement, or damage to any packages under their care outside of inaurance.

This is only partially true. I had my wife ship me my iPad and laptop and had it insurances for 1k. It literally disappeared at a facility. Tracking never left the faculity after two weeks. I complained and somehow I got sent the package but razored open and rewrapped closed but empty. When I complained the first thing they did was ask for my receipts for the insuraned items. They basically told me to pound sand when i couldn't produce them even though they were quite willing to take my initial $40 insurance payment with no receipts. After 3 months they finally offered me $350 to go away. I tried legal measures but since I am in the service Legal can't help me against another gov entity.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

muggins posted:

Do people really buy the AdeptiCon swag freebies?

I usually wind up making well over the original cost of my Adepticon ticket. This year, I did better due to the Runewars game also being included.

I try to keep my hobby and trips as self funding as possible.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

jadebullet posted:

It's gone most likely. USPS is horrible and I've had them lose several packages. And whenever i contact them about it, it's just lost and there is nothing they can do and they have no responsibility for it.

I once had a USPS package go missing for 6 months and then suddenly appear. I poo poo you not.

goose willis posted:

What do I do now?

Go in to the USPS store and speak with a human being. You'll do much better than talking to them on the phone.

There's a chance its just gone though and that's the risk of buying things online. If its a really expensive order you have to pay extra to get it insure for cases like this.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Is there a way to get a refund?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Probably only by talking to the seller and getting it from them.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

berzerkmonkey posted:

I usually wind up making well over the original cost of my Adepticon ticket. This year, I did better due to the Runewars game also being included.

I try to keep my hobby and trips as self funding as possible.

Bitz trading sucked because nobody was selling Runewars or those Malifaux models. It was annoying.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

goose willis posted:

Is there a way to get a refund?

My wife is a carrier for the USPS so I asked her what probably happened (she agrees with you btw, the USPS sucks).
Either A: The address was incorrect on the parcel, either the seller had a house number or street that didn't exist (unlikely)
Or B: A new carrier had your route and hosed it up. The USPS has insanely high turnover due to Union vs Management bullshit. (far more likely).

In either case, the package goes return to sender.

At any rate, you can just request a "package not delivered" refund on eBay. I'd message the seller first though, he'll probably just refund you no questions asked if he does this a lot.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

SRM posted:

I just use my snow paste (like 50% snow flock, 40% PVA glue and 10% water, followed by a dusting of snow) on all my treads and areas where snow might accumulate while driving through the muck:

Looking sharp, but god drat do I hate this old design. It's so tiny!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Snow doesn't usually build up on tracks, since they're usually the most frequently moving part of the entire vehicle, but it would definitely accumulate in the little corners, like on top of the sponsons and in the gap behind the heavy bolters on top.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Uroboros posted:

Looking sharp, but god drat do I hate this old design. It's so tiny!

That's MkIIB sponsons on a Land Raider Proteus, ForgeWorld's homage to the original. e: Don't listen to me, it's an Armoured Proteus. It's about the size of a modern Land Raider. There's a cool video on it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvdD50nSISs

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 16, 2017

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Arven posted:

My wife is a carrier for the USPS so I asked her what probably happened (she agrees with you btw, the USPS sucks).
Either A: The address was incorrect on the parcel, either the seller had a house number or street that didn't exist (unlikely)
Or B: A new carrier had your route and hosed it up. The USPS has insanely high turnover due to Union vs Management bullshit. (far more likely).

At any rate, you can just request a "package not delivered" refund on eBay. I'd message the seller first though, he'll probably just refund you no questions asked if he does this a lot.

Thanks for the internal USPS explanation, I figured that it's probably some new carrier that hosed it up because this has been relatively recent with a few other things too.

How long do I have to file the refund request? This seller sells a lot of stuff constantly, but I've messaged them before for other stuff and they pretty much never reply. I figure I'll wait until Monday for a response?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

goose willis posted:

Thanks for the internal USPS explanation, I figured that it's probably some new carrier that hosed it up because this has been relatively recent with a few other things too.

How long do I have to file the refund request? This seller sells a lot of stuff constantly, but I've messaged them before for other stuff and they pretty much never reply. I figure I'll wait until Monday for a response?

I think you have 30 days but I wouldn't wait longer than 3-4. I've bought a lot of poo poo on eBay and have never had a seller that didn't bend over backwards to fix it themselves when something was wrong if they were a serious seller, eBay stepping in can gently caress up their livelihood.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

It feels kind of lovely to make the seller pay for something that was the fault of USPS, but this wasn't a cheap order and money is tight

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
I'm looking for a custom genestealer cult templates set - Greenman designs is out, anyone know of others that are possible?

I realize it's been rumored that templates are out next edition, but I'd like some

(I already have Tyranid ones)

muggins fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 16, 2017

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

goose willis posted:

It feels kind of lovely to make the seller pay for something that was the fault of USPS, but this wasn't a cheap order and money is tight

They most likely got insurance on the shipment.

As for the returns, you go through the resolution center.
http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Arven posted:

If a lot of packages are going missing I would suspect theft. My company recently had a spate of parcels go 'missing' in the same area when posted via Royal Mail and it turned out to be a hoarder keeping them all in his front room.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Working on an urban terrain set. Went to a local GW for the first time in probably 2 decades and saw all the new Sector Mech stuff in stock, really hard to resist grabbing it.

Been looking to add some civilian vechicles as scatter terrain or scenario OBJs. Seen a few threads on the interwebs discussing good options but some of that was out of date. Any recommendations? Minus all the boob soldiers, wargamexclusive seems like option...but a but pricey.

https://wargameexclusive.com/product-category/imperial-soldiers/

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

jadebullet posted:

They most likely got insurance on the shipment.

As for the returns, you go through the resolution center.
http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

OK, thanks. I submitted the refund request for all the items in that shipment. Hopefully they get back to me soon.

Presumably they're going to get the items delivered right back to them, so I'm guessing they technically didn't lose any money, while I lost money on paying shipping.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Alright, so basically done. I will get around to try to seal up the seam at the base later with some Astrogranite, since it looks like the best tool for the job. I also hit him with a gloss and then about 3 run overs with matte spray. I don't know how many times you guys usually have to dull down your models, but I don't know if I want to try and hit him with another run.

The blue highlighting inside the armor barely shows unless you get right up on him, so I doubt it is worthy anyone's effort.

Overall, I am satisfied with how he turned out, it is clearly up there with what I've done so far, but I really kind of wanted to up my game on this guy, and I think I have hit a bit of a wall. He is just clearly inferior to the one in the GW books. The Heavy Metal guys claim they only use basic painting techniques(just usually more often), but I find it hard to believe some sort of blending didn't go into going the armor. And how they get those tiny rear end lines where the blue meets the gold is a mystery to me.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Since I ended up as the Virtue for NOVA it gave me an excuse to work on my slow-grow beastmen R&H army.

I have about 21 assembled and ready for green stuff, I'm planning to finish with 60 Gors, some special weapon options, and Bestigors for my Veterans. I'm a bit hesitant to do my usual "flamers for all special weapon types" with 8th edition possibly removing templates however.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

OhDearGodNo posted:

Since I ended up as the Virtue for NOVA it gave me an excuse to work on my slow-grow beastmen R&H army.

I have about 21 assembled and ready for green stuff, I'm planning to finish with 60 Gors, some special weapon options, and Bestigors for my Veterans. I'm a bit hesitant to do my usual "flamers for all special weapon types" with 8th edition possibly removing templates however.

These are great. I made an Abhuman regiment back in 2nd / 3rd mostly using plastic guard with plastic skaven heads, with a few metal beastmen as leaders, plus Minotaurs and other large monsters as Ogryns. Pretty good at the time, but nowhere near cool as this. Please post more as you work on them!

If we get new Guard in 8th I may do an update of my old Guard bSed on RT era: http://orks.dylangould.com/images/WD_archive/imperials.jpg

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Mantic's Veer-Myn would actually be perfect for a Skaven-looking abhuman army.

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/warpath/veer-myn.html

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

goose willis posted:

Mantic's Veer-Myn would actually be perfect for a Skaven-looking abhuman army.

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/warpath/veer-myn.html

You don't say?

http://imgur.com/a/aOG9W

http://imgur.com/a/OZo3U

(My War Convo + Skaven Marines)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

:eyepop:

Are those being run as Death Guard or something?

• Locked thread