Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So do those idiots make money faking excitement at loving movie trailers on youtube? Is that why there are so many weirdos on the internet who gasp and cry at mediocre commercial media? But if they make money, that means there are a ton of people who willingly sit down and watch strangers fake excitement on the internet,

Like whats going on

I feel like I entirely missed the bus on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
its red letter media but for people who want to be happy and enjoy Disney and Warner Brothers products

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

read that thing you said and apply it to best of the worst using your brains to think abstractly, remove the fat and sad from your life and botw and realize that they are the same

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

in 2017 everyone is extremely alienated and lonely but going outside and leaving the embrace of Screen is scary so we emulate companionship and society with videos of people consuming products

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
violent sex idiot is right of course.

Enjoy a compilation of the emotionally well adjusted among us that the rest of us can only aspire to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3HLcg5W4BY

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i hate what star wars does to people's brains

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

So are we just waiting for the inevitable Reaction Reaction Videos?

"Oh man, when Mike gasped after he saw Magneto-2 in the trailer, I got chills."
"Word! Ohh, look! McKailifer has her hand over her mouth! What does she see in the trailer? MY HEART IS POUNDING!"
no we're not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifT7H78KOLo&t=11s

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I look forward to the Nerd Crew react hard enough to split their pants.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Its like we're a parallel joke universe TV show on Rick and morty

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

violent sex idiot posted:

in 2017 everyone is extremely alienated and lonely but going outside and leaving the embrace of Screen is scary so we emulate companionship and society with videos of people consuming products

REAL RECOGNIZE REAL

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
RLM isn't about consuming media, it's about casting harsh judgement upon it

same reason i got into SA

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Zzulu posted:

Yeah, but by now all the layers of irony and meta-analyses have collapsed on one another, and the distinction between consuming media and deriding it no longer exists.

Y'all even notice how Rich Evans, whenever he makes a joke that makes him laugh, he repeats the beginning of the joke under his breath? I noticed it once, and now I realize he's done that almost every time. I first noticed when he came up with "Tranny-Tracker 5000", and could really hear him, because no one laughed.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Zzulu posted:

Truth.

As much as I hate all of you (except for our beloved gamer goonettes), there's something nice about having one place online where you have a greater than 0% chance of seeing a good post. (In before not my posts)

RLM, SA, and Weird Twitter™️ are the only places that have a nerd counterculture and I love my dead gay forums most of all.

violent sex idiot posted:

Also, people watch people play Minecraft. A game where you toil in the ugly, poorly rendered earth filling out an excel spreadsheet impossibly slowly so that one day, many months from now, you'll get the fleeting half-second rush of seeing a smiley face or a Nintendo character made of cubes.

Nerd culture is a loving toilet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

violent sex idiot is right of course.

Enjoy a compilation of the emotionally well adjusted among us that the rest of us can only aspire to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3HLcg5W4BY

I wish death on all these loving nerds

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg_OWrMvjXU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Captain Lavender posted:

Yeah, but by now all the layers of irony and meta-analyses have collapsed on one another, and the distinction between consuming media and deriding it no longer exists.

Y'all even notice how Rich Evans, whenever he makes a joke that makes him laugh, he repeats the beginning of the joke under his breath? I noticed it once, and now I realize he's done that almost every time. I first noticed when he came up with "Tranny-Tracker 5000", and could really hear him, because no one laughed.

I do this because I am autistic.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdXlQ3WUFZk

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Captain Lavender posted:

I've noticed this and he only gets a pass for it because he's Rich Evans. Rich manages to make behavior that would be insufferable in any other kind of nerd at least tolerable, if not endearing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Yug posted:

Point is, Force Awakens was made for the super casual fan and the dumb masses. Think "gamer girl" demographic. Rogue One was made for the real Star Wars fans, and the passion put in to it shows.

This is the saddest thing I have ever seen posted in this thread.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'm not sure why you'd lament of people not obsessed enough with Star Wars in this thread. You might as well start defending the prequels.

New nerd crew btw. cant watch right now though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

This is the saddest thing I have ever seen posted in this thread.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTqSkEbY_N8

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

THANK YOU DEAD JESUS

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
This video is great. They have totally taken the gloves off.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
How do their Nerd Crew outfits keep getting funnier?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I want Rich's shirt.

fatninja187
Oct 4, 2013

Beware the ninja

Stan Lee nearly ready for nerd coffin

Christ i can just imagine the fake tears videos

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Stan Lee Funeral - [Reaction] - [Sponsored by LootCrate & CrunchyRoll]

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

This satire is very cruel, very cruel.

fatninja187
Oct 4, 2013

Beware the ninja

They could live stream his funeral and do reaction videos

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Didn't care for this one. Seems like they're now just trying to cash in on the trailer reaction and pop culture videos like evrybody else but make it "so ironic" so they don't piss of their die hard fans. Pretty disappointed actually.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Yug posted:

Didn't care for this one. Seems like they're now just trying to cash in on the trailer reaction and pop culture videos like evrybody else but make it "so ironic" so they don't piss of their die hard fans. Pretty disappointed actually.

Very cool.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mordja posted:

Very cool.

VERY cool.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
very meme

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Yug posted:

very meme

very dramatic

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I guess all of these have to end in Rich's piercing fake laughter now too. That's annoying.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Yug posted:

They probably just make these to appease their gamer girl audience.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

They probably just make these to appease their gamer girl audience.

very meme. They do need to add some sort of "geek girl" who couldn't give a poo poo about any of it to their nerd crew podcast though if they want to make it like the rest of the insufferable geek culture podcasts.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am just too cool for this thread, yall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Shinjobi posted:

I am just too cool for this thread, yall.

I was thinking about turning that into a smilie. I think it'd get a lot of mileage.

• Locked thread