Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

No one likes your video buddy, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
There's plenty of long boring videos I'll watch but the best way to get me to not watch this one is four pages of arguing about it.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

DaveKap posted:

TL;DR The dude wanted an experience tailored specifically to him and all his stuff is just a nitpick for how it's not.

Beyond the fact that you're not reading his points right (as Maple Leaf said, the video/text proper actually brings up plenty of examples to back his claims), this last point you bring up here is honestly just silly.

At the end of the day, none of us can ever truly be "objective" in our opinions on things like this. A lot of critique always boils down to subjective viewpoints of what we enjoyed/hated and try to explain how and why. And there's also nothing wrong with wanting a game to be a certain way either; people are free to anticipate and enjoy games however they feel.

The tl;dr is just that the guy doesn't like several aspects of the game, and then breaks down his points with lots of examples and mechanics break downs. It's kinda unfair to call it a nitpick considering he's bringing up core mechanics of the entire game that you engage in that (arguably) have inherit flaws.

Mulva posted:

He certainly made points, but they are entirely subjective. Which is fine, except when you spend two hours sharing them. You better be the loving Ken Burns of youtube commenters if you want 2 hours of my life to say "I wish the game was different". The Every Frame a Painting guy can take ten minutes and completely break down action scene as an artistic medium, in two loving hours your youtube video better have changed my life.

1. Technically, several of the points he brings up are just pure statistics things. How many of X shrines are there, damage formula of X enemy versus Y enemy, Flurry Rush trigger for X enemy is at Y range, etc. So there's actually a bunch of objective info in this.

2. The guy, repeatedly, says "Hey, here are my main points right here. The next section is going to be me systematically breaking down the points with lots of examples to illustrate my point. If that's boring to you, then hit the timestamp/link to the next section to move on." No one is making you sit through the entire video other than yourself.

grilldos posted:

There's plenty of long boring videos I'll watch but the best way to get me to not watch this one is four pages of arguing about it.

How about just arguing the points brought up in the thread then? I mean I haven't watched it either, I just skimmed the text version.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

It just occurred to me that I never got the Zora headdress. So headed on up to their domain but took a different route for shits and giggles.

Lo and behold, I stumbled on an area that looked rad and I found the headdress. I had no idea if I was going to buy it or go on a quest. But I just stumbled into it.

Game is awesome. That's my review.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I want a realistic, down-to-earth Zelda that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That 2 hour review is dumb as gently caress here's a 10 hour video that's infinitely better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOR_6QBkBGs

:bisonyes:

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Man, gently caress the camel. That whole level was annoying.

The camel one was the first one I did and it set an unrealistic expectation for the difficulty (puzzles and boss) and complexity of the other ones. It was also the only one I did before getting the hylian shield and master sword (and this I had more hearts too), so that was possibly part of it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The camel was the last dungeon I did and it was awesome and I love it. I was disappointed to be done with it so quickly because I was really enjoying myself on top of my awesome camel.

RFX
Nov 23, 2007
Wait, you can't dodge while locked on?! Is that true? I always lock on to enemies. I assumed the reason I almost never got successful dodges is because my timing sucks. Do shield parries work the same way?

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
You absolutely can dodge while locked on

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just finished the Weapon Connoisseur side-quest. Why is everything in this game so depressing. :cry:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQFC6DyzZUI

presented without comment. 'cept for this comment.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I went camel > elephant > bird > lizard and each one had less interaction points than the last. I was playing through the bird thinking "the next one can't possibly have less than three" but it did. At least Rudanias pre map sequence is cool as heck

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

mastajake posted:

The camel one was the first one I did and it set an unrealistic expectation for the difficulty (puzzles and boss) and complexity of the other ones. It was also the only one I did before getting the hylian shield and master sword (and this I had more hearts too), so that was possibly part of it.

I did the Camel last, after getting the master sword. I was still able to defeat Thunderblight Ganon on my first try, but it took me a while to figure out his stage 2 form with the lightning pillars. But man, figuring out how to turn the different parts of the Camel to get to the activation points hurt my head way more than the other divine beasts.

El Burbo posted:

I went camel > elephant > bird > lizard and each one had less interaction points than the last. I was playing through the bird thinking "the next one can't possibly have less than three" but it did. At least Rudanias pre map sequence is cool as heck

I went Elephant, Lizard, Bird, Camel. The only bossfight that really gave me trouble was the Fireblight Ganon because I didn't have the master sword yet.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
OK, guys, dragged myself through and finally beat this game. And...I have to say, I really like the final boss fight in particular and Hyrule Castle in general. I'd say it's the high point of the game for me. It's probably the best Ganon fight in the series.

I didn't really enjoy Breath of the Wild and I don't think I'm ever going to touch it again, but I do have to give the game credit for a few really great moments, like the assaults on the Divine Beasts and Ganon. They're just so few and there's far too much other stuff between them.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Ventana posted:

Beyond the fact that you're not reading his points right (as Maple Leaf said, the video/text proper actually brings up plenty of examples to back his claims), this last point you bring up here is honestly just silly.
Yeah I went in knowing this was a possibility. I was just countering the bullet points, I don't really want to watch the video. If he has extra explanation and I'm totally wrong, so be it. I had fun.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I did the Bird Beast. Revali's whatever is amazing. Might have helped with my Towerstravaganza last night but oh well, that was still fun. I'm gonna break my rule and grab the season pass I think. I want everything this game has to offer.

Also I am a big dumbass, please can somebody give me the answer to the dueling peak stable quest for treasure?

Eriic
Aug 9, 2009

Twisp, is this a truth? Do you do evil?

McDragon posted:

I did the Bird Beast. Revali's whatever is amazing. Might have helped with my Towerstravaganza last night but oh well, that was still fun. I'm gonna break my rule and grab the season pass I think. I want everything this game has to offer.

Also I am a big dumbass, please can somebody give me the answer to the dueling peak stable quest for treasure?

If that is the quest for Misko's treasure: look at the river that forks south of the stable and follow the shorter one to its source in the south. If I recall correctly, the "Little Twin" is one of the name of one of the two bridges that cross near where the river forks.

From there you can explore a bit more to find the actual treasure. If you are still stuck: climb up the rocks where the waterfall is and look for a bombable cave entrance.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You know that nemesis system fro the Shadows of Mordor would be really hilarious and appropriate in this, given the enemies are literally being brought back to life via magic.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

You know that nemesis system fro the Shadows of Mordor would be really hilarious and appropriate in this, given the enemies are literally being brought back to life via magic.

I'd have four super-pissed Molduga murdering everything in the desert and three berserk Lynels on the north side of the snowfield.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Camera stops and pulls over every 60 seconds for the next Yiga ambush where they go "remember me?" and I go no, please go away.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Eriic posted:

If that is the quest for Misko's treasure: look at the river that forks south of the stable and follow the shorter one to its source in the south. If I recall correctly, the "Little Twin" is one of the name of one of the two bridges that cross near where the river forks.

From there you can explore a bit more to find the actual treasure. If you are still stuck: climb up the rocks where the waterfall is and look for a bombable cave entrance.

Oh, than kyou. Was never going to find that myself then, I assumed the Little Twin referred to the shorter mountain and was looking based on that

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
So, uh, what's the deal with all this evil poo poo covering Akkala Tower? Do I need to come back with more stamina or what?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Scratch-O posted:

So, uh, what's the deal with all this evil poo poo covering Akkala Tower? Do I need to come back with more stamina or what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYkavGMwyMk

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Holy poo poo holy poo poo, I'm way behind on this thread but I had to share this! I found some Bokoblins hunting rhinos bear-back. Yes, B-E-A-R!

HOLY poo poo this game.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Okay so I'm not crazy. I did exactly that and I felt like Spider-Man and/or a crazy sequence breaker.

Then again, that feeling is probably the point of the game.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Scratch-O posted:

General rule: when there's malice in the way look for an eyeball to pop.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Huh, I tried that several times and couldn't do it. In the end I ended up grabbing the metal bar that you can get from shooting one of the eyes near the base of the tower and using it as a ramp to the top of the ganongoop

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a way to put an end to the yiga dickheads attacking me

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Jack Chop Guy posted:

Is there a way to put an end to the yiga dickheads attacking me

hit them with your sword

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I just ended up tanking the goop damage in my first playthrough. I remember climbing up with like a quarter of a heart remaining. Don't think that'll work for the 3 heart playthrough I'm doing now :v:

Modoh
Jul 23, 2007
I cracked up for a good long while when this happened:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/135987120

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ProjektorBoy posted:

Okay so I'm not crazy. I did exactly that and I felt like Spider-Man and/or a crazy sequence breaker.

Then again, that feeling is probably the point of the game.

Same, that didn't feel like the right answer but it worked so

I admit that on my second playthrough I'm using Rivali to cheese 90% of the towers though, which was especially great for skipping that electrified bog hell around the forest tower

Getting Rivali early is great for everything, especially the other divine beasts :getin:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Modoh posted:

I cracked up for a good long while when this happened:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/135987120

Just gonna hang here and think about things for a bit.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Just gonna hang here and think about things for a bit.

I could just hear Modoh putting the controller down and laughing themselves to death at that point

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I admit that on my second playthrough I'm using Rivali to cheese 90% of the towers though, which was especially great for skipping that electrified bog hell around the forest tower

Wait, the really short tower with the cliff next to it that you can just walk up to and you're at the top? Or the one, what was it, like Wasteland Tower, that has all those Lizalfos and Wizrobes and is surrounded by water at the bottom? Because one of those towers is an rear end to climb without Rivali and the other one you don't have to climb at all.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The Military Camp Tower is like a cool mini dungeon that I think is really fun. I was really excited when my brother got to it and all of that excitement evaporated when I realized you can just cryonis hop over the swamp to the tower and ignore all the platforms.

I still don't get why swamp water can be frozen. Kind of removes any threat it poses as a hazard.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Silver Falcon posted:

Holy poo poo holy poo poo, I'm way behind on this thread but I had to share this! I found some Bokoblins hunting rhinos bear-back. Yes, B-E-A-R!

HOLY poo poo this game.

Haha, i was in that region last night and i could have swore i saw this from afar but i just shook my head and kept shrine hunting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/TristanACooper/status/853655462910341125

This game.