Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Money stops being a problem after you get 2-3 SP Adhesives and start the Fortune link. I mean it's still good to have (especially since summoning Personas gets pretty pricey) but after the fourth palace I stopped feeling like I was in danger of going broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Kotaro is a good dog.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I just nipped in to say that HERMIT RANK FIVE IS MY FAVOURITE S LINK SO FAR

nishima the npc. savage

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I hope P5Fes adds Foreign Barker as a new party member.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Is Hold Up - Money supposed to be inconsistent? Sometimes I seem to get a lot and sometimes very little? Is it better to isolate an enemy?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Finally got my good boy, Akechi

now, who to ditch to use him...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

poe meater posted:

Is Hold Up - Money supposed to be inconsistent? Sometimes I seem to get a lot and sometimes very little? Is it better to isolate an enemy?

It's random.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I'm pushing up to the point where I want a ridiculously overpowered Yoshitsune to roll the extra NG+ boss with. Anyone have a link to how to set one up that is immune to everything?

Edit: Should probably just google for that poo poo as the game has been out for a while now.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 16, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I'm in the final(?) dungeon and it's almost a shock that I finally ran into a random encounter that actually killed me.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Confusing request bosses in Mementos is much, much more profitable than abusing Sun and negotiation, for the record.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Finished the third Palace in one shot. Only palace I've done in a single day. Was not easy but not particularly difficult. One enemy type gave me trouble if I couldn't get a baton pass Yusuke rising slash on him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ApplesandOranges posted:

Money stops being a problem after you get 2-3 SP Adhesives and start the Fortune link. I mean it's still good to have (especially since summoning Personas gets pretty pricey) but after the fourth palace I stopped feeling like I was in danger of going broke.

How do the Adhesives help with money?

Also do I need to hang out with Ryuji before rank 10? Been boosting him with Fortune, but my friendship doesn't want to deepen.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Electric Phantasm posted:

Also do I need to hang out with Ryuji before rank 10? Been boosting him with Fortune, but my friendship doesn't want to deepen.

Not having to spend money on consumables?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

quote:

The Sun persona is what made money a trivial thing to me. He taught me how to extort shadows for a ton of money.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

These summer events where your confidants run into each other are real neat.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Should be trying to collect every persona I come across like Pokémon? I just got Ann and have nabbed almost every monster in the first palace, but idk if it's that important.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Kingtheninja posted:

Should be trying to collect every persona I come across like Pokémon? I just got Ann and have nabbed almost every monster in the first palace, but idk if it's that important.

At the very least, recruit one of each so you have instant access to their weakness charts.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

marshmallow creep posted:

Oh I thought they were saying there was some sort of buy/sell trick with the adhesives.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kingtheninja posted:

Follow the ABC's of Shin Megami Tensei; Always Be Combining. Any Persona you grab can be made better by fusing it with something else to make something even stronger. If you really need something specific again, that's what the Compendium is for.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

you can always fuse the ones you missed later in the game since it's possible to fuse 'down' in level. That said it's worth grabbing them all because it makes fusion and the strength s. link a lot easier, and later on you unlock strong personas that you have to fuse 4-5 specific demons to make, so grabbing everything makes getting those trivial.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Kingtheninja posted:

It's useful to collect as many as possible for the Strength confidant, and at 50% completion, you get a discount om resummoning old ones. (Also if you care about trophies at all, you need all of them.)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Oh I thought they were saying there was some sort of buy/sell trick with the adhesives.

The Adhesives were the one big-ticket I've had to save up for. Since I got a set for my whole party, the money has just been piling up. I'll probably blow through a huge chunk of it summoning personae for the next Palace though

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Mailer posted:

I'm pushing up to the point where I want a ridiculously overpowered Yoshitsune to roll the extra NG+ boss with. Anyone have a link to how to set one up that is immune to everything?

Edit: Should probably just google for that poo poo as the game has been out for a while now.

I feel like the increased element count kind of ruined that sort of thing. Yoshitsune needs 7 skills to become at least null everything. He gets 5 inheritance slots, and you can sacrifice to get a 6th. Which still leaves you 1 short, which you then need to skill card.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Is there any other accessory worth using once you have SP Adhesive 3? It seems to have a much more meaningful impact than anything else I've found.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

marshmallow creep posted:

Aside from this, they allow you to farm in Mementos infinitely - keep an enemy confused indefinitely, keep fighting forever, etc - rather than SP being a limitation on that

JackDarko posted:

Is there any other accessory worth using once you have SP Adhesive 3? It seems to have a much more meaningful impact than anything else I've found.

I like evasion ones for the party members' weaknesses because they decrease the odds of them being knocked down and granting the enemy extra turns, and according to GFAQs (so who knows) raising Futaba's Luck will increase the frequency she uses her abilities

Baku fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 16, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

JackDarko posted:

Ryuji and Yusuke might want strength buffing accessories or something, since they barely use their SP while dungeon crawling, especially if you were smart and kept them with zio/bufu and mazio/mabufu

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
On the note of fusion, are there any special fusions that break the standard fusion rules, other than Alice and Shiva?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Endorph posted:

Ryuji and Yusuke might want strength buffing accessories or something, since they barely use their SP while dungeon crawling, especially if you were smart and kept them with zio/bufu and mazio/mabufu

I'm not smart I upgraded their Spells! Time to go to church. Thanks!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Don't waste days in church, they're not using those spells enough for it to really matter.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Just like in real life I'm easily convinced to not bother going to church...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JackDarko posted:

Just like in real life I'm easily convinced to not bother going to church...

Aside from hitting on the girl there for her sweetass Shogi moves with ones of your own :wiggle:.

Specto
Jun 28, 2010

Saigyouji posted:

On the note of fusion, are there any special fusions that break the standard fusion rules, other than Alice and Shiva?

I think Ardha (the Temperance max persona) is Parvati + Shiva only, but that's it.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I'm sorry Haru, it's not your fault that Makoto is best girl.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Saigyouji posted:

Ardha is Shiva + Parvati

IDK if there's any more

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

On that note

Is she the only person who takes it really hard when you steer the S. link towards friendship?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

corn on the cop posted:

My favourite All-Out Attack finisher is Makoto's capping with her screaming FIST OF JUSTIIIICE!

Night Blade posted:

On that note

Is she the only person who takes it really hard when you steer the S. link towards friendship?

You can kinda tell Futaba gets knocked back a little when you go for "because we're Teammates".

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I think Satan might also be a special fusion? Don't quote me on that though.

Anyway I beat the final boss and man that was a hype as poo poo ending and it ruled! I also may have made the boss considerably easier on myself by constantly dealing enough damage to just force it to keep moving into new phases and it really only had the opportunity to attack like 3-4 times. Concentrate and Charge are real good on top of Debillitate, Matarukaja and Marakukaja!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My favourite All-Out Attack finisher is Makoto's capping with her screaming FIST OF JUSTIIIICE!

You can kinda tell Futaba gets knocked back a little when you go for "because we're Teammates".

Ehhh a very tiny amount. Doesn't really break Futaba's stride for more than a second.

It's pretty much just Haru who's put out over it.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I wish that line would have been 'because we're family', b/c sojiro best dad and futaba best imouto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Supremezero posted:

I feel like the increased element count kind of ruined that sort of thing. Yoshitsune needs 7 skills to become at least null everything. He gets 5 inheritance slots, and you can sacrifice to get a 6th. Which still leaves you 1 short, which you then need to skill card.

Compared to the last two games it's relatively relaxed. The boss in question doesn't throw a fit and instakill you because you null damage. I would definitely take being vulnerable to two types of damage over P3P's optional boss that required a specific number of consumable items and still took me hours of random luck to win on top of a NG+ persona.