Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

UberJew posted:

I wish that line would have been 'because we're family', b/c sojiro best dad and futaba best imouto

I fully agree. You spend most of the time playing big brother to the poor girl helping her cope with the outside world, and it'd be a more apt thing than just crushing her feelings with what's kind of a mean brush-off really. And Mishima will loving die if he tries asking her out again, Moon Confidant or no. :toughguy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

God Haru's link starts way too late for me to use her. Akechi comes like right after and dude just automatically gets all the Useful Party Skills

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sea Sponge Run posted:

God Haru's link starts way too late for me to use her. Akechi comes like right after and dude just automatically gets all the Useful Party Skills

Yes, but Akechi is a Trash Boy, so

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
How bad will this game make me feel if I date everybody

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Not very, game plays it more for laughs

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Haru levels up REALLY quick and the garden she unlocks is legit useful for the final dungeons.

Also Haru is awesome and cool

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Sea Sponge Run posted:

This, combined with her character in general not being as integrated as the rest of the party and her link having a pretty big stat requirement to even start it, made her feel pretty vestigial to me. Yusuke and Makoto are introduced basically around the same time, so by the time Makoto joins for real it's easy to accept, and Futaba has her link to Sojiro to help give her a connection to the group (and she's not fighting for space in the party).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I'm only just finished Palace 4 but I seriously loving hate Goro Akechi, he's a narc and even he is just using the cops for his own purposes like some people say, arguably someone who takes advantage of a repressive state apparatus for their own purposes is actually as bad, or even worse, than that apparatus itself. Most of the cops at least have to follow orders and do their job to live, this piece of poo poo is doing it for fun. I seriously loving hope he pulls some betrayal poo poo so I can mental shutdown him.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

he's a pleasant boy
a smiley boy

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

RME posted:

he's a pleasant boy
a smiley boy

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Goro is my friend

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Select your choice
-> "No not Akechi"
-> "Akechi, impossible"
-> "No way Akechi is"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'm only just finished Palace 4 but I seriously loving hate Goro Akechi, he's a narc and even he is just using the cops for his own purposes like some people say, arguably someone who takes advantage of a repressive state apparatus for their own purposes is actually as bad, or even worse, than that apparatus itself. Most of the cops at least have to follow orders and do their job to live, this piece of poo poo is doing it for fun. I seriously loving hope he pulls some betrayal poo poo so I can mental shutdown him.

goro is cool

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
put goro in the garbage, he's trash.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

loser nerd: arguably someone who takes advantage of a repressive state apparatus...

me, a cool person: goro is cute and likes pancakes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

loser nerd: arguably someone who takes advantage of a repressive state apparatus...

me, a cool person: goro is cute and likes pancakes

he's a narc

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Goro deserves to be sent to the suplex dimension in which he is perpetually suplexed into a garbage can.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Don't worry. He turns out to be even more horrible then you currently think.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
You aren't Just if you wouldn't drop everything to accept Goro's invitations to dine at a sushi restaurant.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I'm actually the person who keeps drawing Akechi's face on the class backboard but it's cool because I'm only doing it ironically

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RME
Feb 20, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

FauxLeather posted:

You aren't Just if you wouldn't drop everything to accept Goro's invitations to dine at a sushi restaurant.

He's not even worth conveyor belt.

Also I'm not going to read the spoiler bar but the fact that there is a spoiler reply has given me hope

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Mishima Tier: Mishima, Akechi, MC for filming vertically.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

lol

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Trust me. Haru is worth investing in.

She's by far one of the best end game characters for raw power if that matters to you.

Also her outfit is rad as gently caress and she's a cool lady.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Akechi records some stuff vertically too now that I think about it.

Trash Kids

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I love Haru's aesthetic but really wish she was introduced earlier in the game. Not super sold on her VA though, it's not terrible but it kinda pales in comparison to the rest of the cast.

Also I keep thinking that her Persona is supposed to be spelled Miledy instead of Milady for some reason.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Mishima never had a life in the first place

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lmao

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Finally confused a Mementos boss!

"Threw away 1 yen."

:(

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Speaking of party members, when Makoto officially becomes part the gang, there's a little scene where she and Ann had talk about what happened with Kamoshida and its fallout. I like that, I hoped there's more scenes like that coming, where you have party members interacting with each other without the MC necessarily being the focal point.

Sometimes, I feel like the social life of your party members revolves around you a little too much, they should be shown to have their own little cliques, at least once in a while.

In Trails of Cold Steel, also a game set in anime high school, you get the sense that each of party members does their own thing, the artist hangs out with art students, those with clubs hangs out their fellow club members, etc. P5 got a good of cast characters, it's fun seeing them interact with each others.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

in p3 you sometimes had party members just unavailable to go to tartarus that night, which i can understand why people disliked, but it was nice that it was like, yeah these people have a life to manage too outside of you

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

davidHalestorm posted:

Sometimes, I feel like the social life of your party members revolves around you a little too much, they should be shown to have their own little cliques, at least once in a while.

I get what you're saying, but this game does a pretty good job of offering explanations at least, because all the player characters are either delinquents or outsiders.

Ryuji's a delinquent, Ann is a foreigner being mean-girled, Yusuke's a weird art student, Makoto's a nerdy overachiever, Futaba's a shut-in, Haru's rich and isolated by class, and Goro's a celebrity. If any of them were having a healthy, fully-realized highschool experience, they probably wouldn't end up becoming Phantom Thieves.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
True, I guess it's the same for the P4 crew. Yosuke' s family is hated because of Junes, Yukiko have to run the family inn, Kanji's a delinquent, Naoto also a nerdy overachiever. Chie is viewed as a tomboy and was slightly shunned because of it, Rise an Idol, etc

Was that the same for the P3's crew? Did they have the same "bad" rep? It's been years.

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 16, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

davidHalestorm posted:

True, I guess it's the same for the P4 crew. Yosuke' s family is hated because of Junes, Yukiko have to run the family inn, Kanji's a delinquent, Naoto also a nerdy overachiever. Chie is viewed as a tomboy and was slightly shunned because of it, Rise an Idol, etc

Was that the same for the P3's crew? It's been years.

Parent/creator deaths/issues for the most part.

MC's an orphan, Yukari has daddy issues, Junpei has a deadbeat dad, Koromaru lost his owner, Akihiko/Shinjiro are from an orphanage, Ken has his whole plot, Aigis has to adjust with what she wants and what her intended purpose is, and Mitsuru has to deal with the responsibilities of her legacy.

Oh and Fuuka exists I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

davidHalestorm posted:

Was that the same for the P3's crew? It's been years.

I would say it's completely different for both P3 and P4. The people in P3 have relatively healthy social lives that you only get glimpses of (even if their personal issues make them feel lonely anyway), and in P4 only a couple of characters are explicitly isolated. There's no reason to believe that Chie or Yukiko are especially antisocial or anything. If anything, it's a small town so everyone knows everyone else already. Which is why they're kind of friends with Yosuke from the beginning even though they dislike them.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 16, 2017