Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

you fuckign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP Spiders man

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Newspaper Spider-man is still in college?! :psyduck:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Little known Space Fact: Kree evaporate if left without their helmets for too long

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
That is an excellent​ Next tag.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Somewhat related: I'm reading Amazing Spider-man on Marvel Unlimited, and a quick browse of the catalog pointed me towards:

edit: a quick read reveals that the coloring of the cover doesn't match the interior art (each head is a different color) now that's the NSM vibe :allears:

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 16, 2017

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I hope the sentry eats spider man so he and rocket can go on another adventure together inside it.

Sentry's Inside Story, you could say.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Somewhat related: I'm reading Amazing Spider-man on Marvel Unlimited, and a quick browse of the catalog pointed me towards:

edit: a quick read reveals that the coloring of the cover doesn't match the interior art (each head is a different color) now that's the NSM vibe :allears:

That storyline ruled.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Not really sure how Spider-Man straining himself is keeping his arms attached to his body there

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Rocket's Dread Glare!" is amazing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Zeeman posted:

Not really sure how Spider-Man straining himself is keeping his arms attached to his body there

He really works out his shoulders, okay.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Sentry's not actually trying to hurt Peter here. It's just trying to give him a hug for If Found, Please Return-ing Ronan to the proper authorities.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

This was the first Spider-Man comic I owned. I should reread it and see if it's as rad as my nine year old self thought it was.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think the first I owned was the return of the Trisentinel where he teamed up with Nova and there was Antarctic vibranium.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Well...? What's the secret of Spidey's Cosmic Powers?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Choco1980 posted:

Well...? What's the secret of Spidey's Cosmic Powers?

Stan Lee dropped some LSD with Kirby

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I think he was Captain Universe and didn't know it.

Edit: no, as usual things are even dumber than that. Somehow his costume got a portion of Captain Universe's power cosmic.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 16, 2017

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Synthbuttrange posted:

RIP Spiders man

Once again the senrty changes his height

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

This is the first Spider-Man I remember reading. It was my brother's and he only like X-Men and Spawn so he bought this because look it's Beast (he had some Shadowhawk stuff too I remember there was one where it had like a pop up book thing to reveal his identity). I loved Spider-Man though because I did and still do have the best taste and so I bought one at the store that I sort of remember the cover for but can't find. It was a comic about the Rose and had Spider-Man jumping off the roof of a house. It was my first comic book purchase :unsmith:

Edit: My brother isn't a millionaire so I don't think all his holofoil special limited edition books sold as well as he had hoped.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 16, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's not the first Spider-Man I ever read, but the first issue I actually bought for myself was this one:

I was a kid and I had no idea that Spider-Man was married, so when I read,"HE'S GOT MY WIFE!" I got all excited because I wanted to know more about Spidey having a wife, that was cool. In other words, gently caress you Joe Quesada :mad:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Once again the senrty changes his height

And back to pocket size.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's going to be a whole week of Rocket doing nothing while Spidey agonizes, isn't it? :allears:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
the sentry just delicately stepping around ronan while it shrooms spidey in an open mockery of his incredibly stupid plan

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It was working fine til he put his hostage down. :v:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

It's not the first Spider-Man I ever read, but the first issue I actually bought for myself was this one:

I was a kid and I had no idea that Spider-Man was married, so when I read,"HE'S GOT MY WIFE!" I got all excited because I wanted to know more about Spidey having a wife, that was cool. In other words, gently caress you Joe Quesada :mad:

Phreak's origin is that he was bullied for always stuttering when speaking words that begin with B.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Synthbuttrange posted:

And back to pocket size.
Just start tearing things apart at random, how hard does this have to be?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's going to be a whole week of Rocket doing nothing while Spidey agonizes, isn't it? :allears:

In a week there'll be a reveal that there is a big button marked SHUT DOWN SENTRY FOREVER directly in front of Rocket :getin:

Push El Burrito posted:

Phreak's origin is that he was bullied for always stuttering when speaking words that begin with B.

In all seriousness, he was a geeky high school student who reminded Peter a lot of himself (If I recall right, Peter was working as a part time substitute high school teacher) except instead of getting bitten by a radioactive spider he invented an exo-skeleton and tested it out on himself with horrifying results.

I really dug the story :)

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Haifisch posted:

Just start tearing things apart at random, how hard does this have to be?
Quit flaunting your fancy space prison robotics class education.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Ah, I see ronan's car transmutation self-defense mechanism kicked in, hiding himself from the Sentry so it can give spider man a nasty Indian burn.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

In a week there'll be a reveal that there is a big button marked SHUT DOWN SENTRY FOREVER directly in front of Rocket :getin:

In all seriousness, he was a geeky high school student who reminded Peter a lot of himself (If I recall right, Peter was working as a part time substitute high school teacher) except instead of getting bitten by a radioactive spider he invented an exo-skeleton and tested it out on himself with horrifying results.

I really dug the story :)

And isn't to be confused with Freak who was a super powered drug using Spider-Man villain.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
My favorite spider-man villain is the shocker, because he isn't an idiot. Heros show up? Run, only fight if there is no other choice. Only steal, don't kidnap or hold the city ransom. Stay off the heavy hitters radar.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mycroft Holmes posted:

My favorite spider-man villain is the shocker, because he isn't an idiot. Heros show up? Run, only fight if there is no other choice. Only steal, don't kidnap or hold the city ransom. Stay off the heavy hitters radar.

But sometimes when someone talks poo poo you gotta protect your honor.

Also read Superior Foes of Spider-Man. Spider-Man and the X-Men and Superior Foes are required Spider-Man reading.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

It might not have been the first Spider-Man comic I read, but the first I remember was a freebie I got for a children's event with the local RCMP detachment. I went through a mock fingerprinting and was given the comic as a result.

Turns out I was misremembering a comic about The Skinhead, and it was about a racist mutant and his gang of white supremacists. My poor childhood.

e: I'm probably on file somewhere because of Spider-Man, gently caress

DJ Fuckboy Supreme fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 17, 2017

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Why does that dude have a smiley face on his metal undies?

:buddy:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The first four comics I think I ever read were the Avengers, West Coast Avengers, Spectacular Spider-Man, and Uncanny X-Men annuals that tied into the Evolutionary War. And that wasn't until years after they came out when my cousin gave them to me as the actually came out the same summer I was born. The first comic I ever actually bought for myself, and I remember this quite vividly as it's still one of my favorite single issues ever was What If The Punisher Had Killed Daredevil? I was about 7 or 8 at the time probably and I had made five whole dollars by helping my neighbor do some yard work that I'm sure I did a terrible job with. To that point my comics had been limited to all my cousin's hand me downs and what I could get my parents to grab for me on the rack at Walgreens. I took my five dollars and studied the rack at Walgreens for what had to be a good 10 minutes just trying to decide which book I was going to get. I finally landed on that one and saved the rest of my money for later. It turned out to be one of my favorite books ever and eventually when I got a little older and and had the money I bought up every single What If I could find because I like the format so much. Not long after that a comic shop opened literally five minutes from my house and I started getting comics more regularly once may parents realized it wasn't just a phase and I was really into them.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I think we are all glossing over the worldbuilding bombshell that space prisons have work-study programs.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

mind the walrus posted:

I think we are all glossing over the worldbuilding bombshell that space prisons have work-study programs.

Of course they do. Space prisons, unlike earth prisons, actually try to rehabilitate their charges.

The fact that it didn't work on Rocket has more to do with a lack of funding than anything else (where was his Space Warden and Space Guards making sure he made it to Space Robotics class?)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Newspaper Spider-man is still in college?! :psyduck:

No, they just never update those header panels.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my new aspiration in life is to go to space prison and learn how to build and/or destroy a robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Of course they do. Space prisons, unlike earth US prisons, actually try to rehabilitate their charges.

Not all of us live in failed states:colbert:

• Locked thread