Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

seiferguy posted:

Eventide was so easy, provided that you have the spell from the gerudo guardian. I just wish there was more than just a shrine there.

I spent so long setting traps just to die really quickly against the Hinox.

So I went back, grabbed the axe, ran to the Hinox and remembered​ the Gerudo power and whipped that thing's sorry rear end.

Then I just casually gathered supplies for the *-oblin camp on the hill. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Are you guys using the infinite sprint glitch to get across the map? That'll probably shave a ton of time off.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

My favourite Shrine so far was the one where you have to get the lightning to blow it open by sticking a metal thing on there.

Or one of those labyrinth ones, I laughed so much when I realised I could just fly up and walk on the walls.

Also I got Epona, she's great. Maybe all the horses can be, I haven't used them much

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Are you guys using the infinite sprint glitch to get across the map? That'll probably shave a ton of time off.
I never heard of this! Does that work on the Wii U? I already finished the game but I'm intrigued at this.

Favourite shrine for me is literally anything without the word APPARATUS in the title because holy gently caress I hate the WiiU motion controls

This game is now basically my favourite Zelda game of all time, personally. Cannot believe how much goddamn fun I had with this.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

FinalGamer posted:

I never heard of this! Does that work on the Wii U? I already finished the game but I'm intrigued at this.

Yeah, you use the horse whistle animation to keep your speed at the end of a dash and it refills your stamina. Theres a ton of guides on youtube.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Or just use a Lord of the Mountain.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

So I went back, grabbed the axe, ran to the Hinox and remembered​ the Gerudo power and whipped that thing's sorry rear end.

Then I just casually gathered supplies for the *-oblin camp on the hill. Good times.

My power was recharging when I fought the the hinox, so I got him in an AI loop where he couldn't decide to go up the ramp or try to climb the hill, and threw bomb after bomb after bomb until it died.

Random question: I bought nfc 215 tags but TagMo is giving me an error that the tags aren't 215. Anyone ran into this? Wondering if it's my phone being too old (s5).

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

FinalGamer posted:

It takes a bit of clawing to hold the controller but you hold up on the D-pad to whistle for the horse and just mash the Sprint button, Link run full tilt while trying to whistle but for some reason it doesn't use any Stamina.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

You can apparently just glide down on top of it while it sleeps, steal the ball and run like hell if you want

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Found a Moblin who had an electric spear weapon. After I got him to drop the thing, the electricity from the dropped spear arced to my sword when I was near it and made all my attacks electrified :allears:

This loving game!

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheKingofSprings posted:

You can apparently just glide down on top of it while it sleeps, steal the ball and run like hell if you want

:lol: I need video

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TheKingofSprings posted:

You don't even need to glide. Sneak to his hand then just ride it when he goes to scratch his belly.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Is it stasis-able? You could stasis it and hit it with an arrow or two to knock it down and grab it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I was pleasantly surprised on the great plateau when I had to chop down a tree and use the tree as a bridge to cross a gap. A bit disappointed that this was the only place it ever really needed to be done. I guess the glider kind of breaks that mechanic

I also remember attempting Eventide when I had like 5 hearts. I need to revisit it again

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Icedude posted:

Found a Moblin who had an electric spear weapon. After I got him to drop the thing, the electricity from the dropped spear arced to my sword when I was near it and made all my attacks electrified :allears:

This loving game!

Whoa, what the gently caress? I've never seen this happen.

Astro7x posted:

I was pleasantly surprised on the great plateau when I had to chop down a tree and use the tree as a bridge to cross a gap. A bit disappointed that this was the only place it ever really needed to be done. I guess the glider kind of breaks that mechanic

I also remember attempting Eventide when I had like 5 hearts. I need to revisit it again

There was one other place that I found that was totally set-up for this, I think it was near the Tingle Islands, but yeah, the Glider makes this pointless.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

McDragon posted:

My favourite Shrine so far was the one where you have to get the lightning to blow it open by sticking a metal thing on there.

Pft. Real men just equip metal items and act like a hylian lightning rod.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

McDragon posted:

That was cool, the other Storm Shrine one could have been interesting but sadly they kind of bungled that. I do love the storming environments. Witcher 3 and Zelda have the best rain-lightning storm feels. I wish the platform would have still always been Storming instead of clearing up once you beat the shrine :(

In general, the "outside puzzle" for a shrine were usually pretty good or at least semi-interesting. There were only about a dozen Shrines with semi-interesting inside-puzzles.

And gently caress everything to do with the GamePad. That thing was never in any sync and i was constantly contorting and twisting around to try to get even a neutral position. Some of them may have been ok (i.e. using the hammer to knock a ball) if it wasn't such garbage to actually control.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
How do you even get to Eventide early on? I glided to it and it took nearly two stamina rings glidingnin a straight line. I'm assuming there's a boat at the shore of the main continent? I climbed the highest point near the shore and flew over.

Also it was super easy at the end game but I imagine if you were there with five hearts and never dealing with a Hinox it could be a different experience.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Wildtortilla posted:

How do you even get to Eventide early on?

Stamina food/elixir, probably.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Wildtortilla posted:

How do you even get to Eventide early on? I glided to it and it took nearly two stamina rings glidingnin a straight line. I'm assuming there's a boat at the shore of the main continent? I climbed the highest point near the shore and flew over.

Also it was super easy at the end game but I imagine if you were there with five hearts and never dealing with a Hinox it could be a different experience.

There's a boat on the beach by Hateno, yeah.

I did Eventide on 5 hearts on my second playthrough and I can confirm that the way to deal with it is to glide down onto him, take the orb, and run like hell.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Wildtortilla posted:

There's a boat and a korok leaf on the shrine island with the major combat trial nearby, which you can get to fairly easily from the overlook on the main continent.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
edit: beaten :argh:

Wildtortilla posted:

If you go to the shrine that's closer to the coast, there's a raft and a korok leaf so you can easily sail there. I went there way early in the game and gave up. :(

Beat it two days ago, though.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

Wildtortilla posted:

The answer to crossing bodies of water is Cryonis in (nearly?) every situation.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Fortis posted:

There's a boat on the beach by Hateno, yeah.

I did Eventide on 5 hearts on my second playthrough and I can confirm that the way to deal with it is to glide down onto him, take the orb, and run like hell.

Toss bombs on him from above, then bash his head in with the metal boxes on top of the hill while he lumbers up.

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ice Fist posted:

Pft. Real men just equip metal items and act like a hylian lightning rod.

I had the gerudo thunder helm which made this a viable option

Eriic
Aug 9, 2009

Twisp, is this a truth? Do you do evil?
Guys, I've been playing around with BotW Object Map all morning and I need to share that the pedestal at Washa's Bluff is called BM_Relief. :golfclap: :nexus:

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

Eriic posted:

Guys, I've been playing around with BotW Object Map all morning and I need to share that the pedestal at Washa's Bluff is called BM_Relief. :golfclap: :nexus:

I also found it interesting that dragon pieces you shoot off all fall in pre-determined locations. There's some variance but they all have markers.

Oh and Eventide is called "Naked Island"

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The Jack Chop Guy posted:

I had the gerudo thunder helm which made this a viable option

It still is a viable option without it.

Consider it a master sword esque check of how much health you have

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Astro7x posted:

I've run into one korok puzzle where chopping down a tree to cross the mud carrying a stone seemed the simplest way to do it (instead of stasis-and-poke or cryonis-and-throw or balloons etc) but yeah, other than that....

Hey, I only just thought of it - would Thundara Plateau be solvable by chopping down one of the stone tree things to make a ramp?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ice Fist posted:

It still is a viable option without it.

Consider it a master sword esque check of how much health you have

that entire area is covered with durians for a reason :colbert:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Runcible Cat posted:

Hey, I only just thought of it - would Thundara Plateau be solvable by chopping down one of the stone tree things to make a ramp?

There weren't any nearby iirc. It was also pretty far and decent height differential. I spent a good 15+ minutes trying to figure out some way Nintendo expected me to get my balls up there before getting frustrated and Stasising them up which was kinda boring and felt like a waste.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Just got a smallish update for the game on Wii U today, any idea on what it's for? Is it just for this arrow exploit?

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/12/15271024/breath-of-the-wild-arrow-farming-glitch-update

Playing this game blind makes me never realize even half of this stuff. I just usually teleport between towns and buy every single arrow in stock over and over again. Like I'm buying lockpicks in Fallout I go "Hey, uh... got any more of them arrows?"

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ularg posted:

Just got a smallish update for the game on Wii U today, any idea on what it's for? Is it just for this arrow exploit?

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/12/15271024/breath-of-the-wild-arrow-farming-glitch-update

Playing this game blind makes me never realize even half of this stuff. I just usually teleport between towns and buy every single arrow in stock over and over again. Like I'm buying lockpicks in Fallout I go "Hey, uh... got any more of them arrows?"

When I found out that a 5x gourmet meat skewer sold for 490 rupees I started farming in the NW snowfields and at this point I think I've cleaned out every shop 5 times over

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ularg posted:

every time the blood moon pops I head directly to zora's domain, those lizards are literal arrow pinatas

also I thought I used arrows a lot before but once I realized that you can matrix style off of every foot-high hill and rock I've been using more arrows than a pubbie hanzo

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 17, 2017

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Acquire a Rubber Helm and Snowquill Top dyed red and Zora Pants dyed yellow and then run around throwing Cuccos at things. This is the real end-game.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

The Jack Chop Guy posted:

When I found out that a 5x gourmet meat skewer sold for 490 rupees I started farming in the NW snowfields and at this point I think I've cleaned out every shop 5 times over

Yea but then I can't make the life of that dude stuck at a vegetarian ranch a little bit better. I feel bad for the guy. :(

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

every time the blood moon pops I head directly to zora's domain, those lizards are literal arrow pinatas

also I thought I used arrows a lot before but once I realized that you can matrix style off of every foot-high hill and rock I've been using more arrows than a pubbie hanzo

The buildup and music of the Blood Moon still freaks me out. I just don't want it to happen.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Every time it pops my go to strat is to furiously mash the X and + buttons to skip the stupid cut scene I've watched 100 times.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

Whoa, what the gently caress? I've never seen this happen.

Annoying thing is I can't get it to happen again now that I've picked up the spear. Just won't happen if I'm the one who dropped it :confused:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Icedude posted:

Annoying thing is I can't get it to happen again now that I've picked up the spear. Just won't happen if I'm the one who dropped it :confused:

easy solution, drop it near an unarmed mob and then kill them and see if it happens again :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Are there any cutscenes that you can trigger directly after saving and loading? If there are I think you could screw up the game pretty spectacularly.