Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I'm playing the remastered Homeworld games and I find it hard to believe that I actually completed these games back in the late 90's/early 2000's. I must have been some sort of tactical tier 1 operator back then because some of these missions are brutally difficult.

Gearbox Homeworld 1 now uses the Homeworld 2 system, so if you go about capturing every drat thing like before, the game scales up the enemy fleets to a near-impossible level. Old Homeworld 1 had a set spawn of enemies and that was it, and the cap was soft so you could capture your way around it, while Homeworld 2 had a hard fleet cap that you couldn't get around.

So if you're getting trashed in the new Homeworld 1, it actually pays to suck more and play it like Homeworld 2.

Still, I could only beat the original homeworlds with guides, those were some brutal games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
When I played the old one way back in the day I just remember capturing like a dozen ion frigates pretty early on, save scumming if I lost more than 1 or whatever depending on the mission, and spending forever waiting for my resource collectors to get every piece of poo poo on the map before moving to the next mission

I tried playing that way with the new one and got loving destroyed, I'm glad to know there was an actual gameplay mechanic reason to it because yeah I didn't remember it being like that!

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 16, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Did anyone else spend hours capturing every single ion cannon frigate in the death ball at Tenhauser Gate?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I'm playing the remastered Homeworld games and I find it hard to believe that I actually completed these games back in the late 90's/early 2000's. I must have been some sort of tactical tier 1 operator back then because some of these missions are brutally difficult.

I credit my amazing reflexes and fine motor control skills to Contra and Afterburner

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

ElMaligno posted:

Ride the dick tentacle monster my lord

I just saw this. What the gently caress, man.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zeris posted:

I just saw this. What the gently caress, man.

You know what must be done.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:cb:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

He's queued for a 3-day and thereafter confined to the Shame Cube thread until further notice.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ElMaligno posted:

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

dont sign your posts

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

dont sign your posts

Oh sorry, lemmy reprease that

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

- Forum user El "Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay" Maligno

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zeris posted:

He's queued for a 3-day and thereafter confined to the Shame Cube thread until further notice.

he had encouragement from others. they should be punished too

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Banime.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I like the direction this thread is headed.

:getin:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

El Mags, you're really making me reconsider my "bronies are the absolute worst dorks" stance.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Bronies should be sent to camps. Anime should be probated with extreme prejudice.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Bronies should be sent to camps. Anime should be probated with extreme prejudice.

why-not-both.gif

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Two Finger posted:

why-not-both.gif

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

what the hell, an ad for battlefront 2 just popped up

didn't the first crash and burn badly

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Two Finger posted:

what the hell, an ad for battlefront 2 just popped up

didn't the first crash and burn badly

No. Not at all.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

oh yeah? everyone here absolutely panned it, i just kinda assumed it flopped

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Two Finger posted:

oh yeah? everyone here absolutely panned it, i just kinda assumed it flopped

SA and GiP are the smallest sliver of insight. The game sold well.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

cowboy elvis posted:

SA and GiP are the smallest sliver of insight. The game sold well.

And it was actually pretty well made as well. Just weighed down with a lot of bad marketing/business decisions by EA/Dice/Disney

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

And it was actually pretty well made as well. Just weighed down with a lot of bad marketing/business decisions by EA/Dice/Disney

poo poo even those aren't as bad as we think.

It's pretty shocking the number of consumers who simply buy and keep their thoughts to themselves versus a community like Reddit who feels they possess the power to influence a game or trends.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Here's hoping the second one is more well received. I skipped the first one. I think they'll take lessons learned from battlefield one and give us something good. Really pushing the single player narrative right now, which I don't care for, but again, bf1 showed they can do both finally

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Single player campaign looks rad based on the basic story details.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

cowboy elvis posted:

poo poo even those aren't as bad as we think.

It's pretty shocking the number of consumers who simply buy and keep their thoughts to themselves versus a community like Reddit who feels they possess the power to influence a game or trends.

Yeah, all the bad decisions were the same ones half of all games make anyway, day one DLC, limited shelf life design, etc. So really just poo poo that pisses off maybe 10% of the buying public and honestly feeds development better than we'd all like to admit

cowboy elvis posted:

Single player campaign looks rad based on the basic story details.

I haven't read anything about it or even seen the whole trailer, but my guess is "Anime Waifu TIE Fighter campaign"

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Anime Macht Frei

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, all the bad decisions were the same ones half of all games make anyway, day one DLC, limited shelf life design, etc. So really just poo poo that pisses off maybe 10% of the buying public and honestly feeds development better than we'd all like to admit

I haven't read anything about it or even seen the whole trailer, but my guess is "Anime Waifu TIE Fighter campaign"

It's from the perspective of the Empire immediately following the second Death Star blowing up.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

cowboy elvis posted:

It's from the perspective of the Empire immediately following the second Death Star blowing up.

please tell me go they go full 'gently caress it, genocidin' time'

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Deathy McDeath posted:

Anime Macht Frei

Anime is Free?!!?!

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Bolow posted:

Anime is Free?!!?!

Don't do it buddy, it's a trap, and I don't mean the fun kind you find in Bangkok.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Tread carefully, there's lots more room in the shame cube.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Booblord Zagats posted:

Clearly they needed to tweak their marketing plan to appeal to GiP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ptdJFFAy68

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Battlefront sold almost 15 million copies, which puts it close to being one of the 50 best selling games of all time. Lots of people buy things and then don't talk about them on the internet

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I tried the game out and when I couldn't find a populated PC server at prime time I got a refund

Game didn't make the greatest impression on me.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The trailer for the second one looks dope as gently caress.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

A Bad Poster posted:

Battlefront sold almost 15 million copies, which puts it close to being one of the 50 best selling games of all time. Lots of people buy things and then don't talk about them on the internet

I mean, I'm not calling it a flop. I understand the internet doesn't define a game. That said, I think we can all agree that game was rushed out the gate and just loving sucked. Most everyone, including me, can't say exactly why it sucks and gets repetitive so fast. I had a lot of fun with the other Battlefront games

Also I'm a sucker that bought it on sale--still too much

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah I bought it for PS4 chiefly due to the player base being more active on account of Sony making it a bundled game as well as for the PSVR X-Wing mission.

Its an action figure simulator at best and I enjoyed very little of it. I really hope the new one is as good as the original Battlefront II was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I mean, I'm not calling it a flop. I understand the internet doesn't define a game. That said, I think we can all agree that game was rushed out the gate and just loving sucked. Most everyone, including me, can't say exactly why it sucks and gets repetitive so fast. I had a lot of fun with the other Battlefront games

Also I'm a sucker that bought it on sale--still too much

Wasting 30 bucks on that, when it was on sale a few months back, was a good way to know I never wanted to spend 60 on BF1 since it's essentially the same.

Game was absolutely gorgeous, but no hardcore and some other weird rear end design/gameplay decisions just made it a resounding wet fart of a game to me.

I'll go back to playing Battlefield 4 like a chump now.