Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

SLOSifl posted:

He woke up, took a handful of pills and flew the plane to Costa Rica, presumably.

I was on a plane that was running late, and toward landing everyone was scrambling to figure out how to get to their connection. A bunch of us all realized we were going to Pittsburgh on the same flight, but it was going to be a matter of minutes to get there on time.

Weirdly enough the rest of the plane seemed to act like normal humans and let the connections deplane immediately.

All of us were looking for the same gate and for like 3 seconds were pretty unified on figuring out where to go and how. It was far away. Then we all just loving ran, like, just scattered in all directions.

I get there and they've just closed the gate doors and I am actually happy that I can just die right there on the floor in an completely empty terminal. The airline worker opens the door and I go "oh, here's my ticket" and she lets me on.

So I walk down the tunnel and cross my fingers that I can find an overhead spot quickly. The plane is completely empty, not a single person of the dozens. I find my seat and toss my bag into an overhead, and notice there actually is someone else here - a like 300 year old lady that was sitting behind me on the previous flight.

thx for sharing

One time my flight was delayed due to fog, so when it landed, my connection was long gone. I waited in the customer service line for my airline, and I don't speak german but it's cool, they spoke english too :cool:
They put me on the next flight, and I dunno how long extra it made my trip, maybe 8 hours? That included another rescheduled flight after that one, I dunno, I was just noodling around on my laptop and sleeping in the terminal and going where people told me to go, I got there eventually whatever

edit: poo poo new page, here's a better story:

When I was flying to China a few years ago, the connection was through Japan. Got to the airport at 6am, waiting in line to check in, we found out from the person in front of us that our flight hadn't arrived yet due to ice on the runway in Narita. The reason we knew about this before talking to the checkin lady for Japan Air was because the guy in front of us was screaming at her about how he was going to miss his connection. Highlights included: "Don't you know how important this is?" and "BUT IT'S MY BIIIIIRTHDAY"

I don't think he liked it when my buddy and I started cracking up. He leaves eventually, and we go up to talk to the lady. She's looking terrified at having to have that conversation again. We were just, like, "So it's delayed, huh? Anything we can do?"
Anyway, when we eventually got to Tokyo, we got a paid hotel and food there, a specially booked flight to Beijing with ten of us on the plane, including that dude so we got to make fun of him for like two days, it owned.

ante has a new favorite as of 20:24 on Apr 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

My one infuriating airport story involves a bunch of cancelled flights and waiting 2 hours to book a new flight/get accommodation vouchers and right before it was my turn the lady working it had to clock out. There were still like 50 people behind me too. I think I blacked out out of rage but I'm not in prison so I guess it turned out okay.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

SLOSifl posted:

He woke up, took a handful of pills and flew the plane to Costa Rica, presumably.

I was on a plane that was running late, and toward landing everyone was scrambling to figure out how to get to their connection. A bunch of us all realized we were going to Pittsburgh on the same flight, but it was going to be a matter of minutes to get there on time.

Weirdly enough the rest of the plane seemed to act like normal humans and let the connections deplane immediately.

All of us were looking for the same gate and for like 3 seconds were pretty unified on figuring out where to go and how. It was far away. Then we all just loving ran, like, just scattered in all directions.

I get there and they've just closed the gate doors and I am actually happy that I can just die right there on the floor in an completely empty terminal. The airline worker opens the door and I go "oh, here's my ticket" and she lets me on.

So I walk down the tunnel and cross my fingers that I can find an overhead spot quickly. The plane is completely empty, not a single person of the dozens. I find my seat and toss my bag into an overhead, and notice there actually is someone else here - a like 300 year old lady that was sitting behind me on the previous flight.

Was this in Dallas?

I had to get to my next flight which was over a mile away inside of the Dallas airport. Even with the shuttle, I barely made it, was the last one on. That airport is too big. I make sure now that I have over an hour between flights if I go through there.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ravenkult posted:

My one infuriating airport story involves a bunch of cancelled flights and waiting 2 hours to book a new flight/get accommodation vouchers and right before it was my turn the lady working it had to clock out. There were still like 50 people behind me too. I think I blacked out out of rage but I'm not in prison so I guess it turned out okay.

"Delay is the deadliest form of denial"

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

It's probably one of the few times I got mad at someone working somewhere. The boss dude came out and was saying she had already worked 10 hours or whatever and there was no one else to take her place. Well, there should be, every flight in this giant airport is grounded due to weather and there's thousands of people stuck here. Call and wake up someone.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZMhIrR5FfM

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

FogHelmut posted:

Was this in Dallas?

I had to get to my next flight which was over a mile away inside of the Dallas airport. Even with the shuttle, I barely made it, was the last one on. That airport is too big. I make sure now that I have over an hour between flights if I go through there.

Second longest on this list, at 1.45 miles.

At ATL, it’s possible to walk two miles.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

Was this in Dallas?

It was Houston, but same.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

Given that giraffes are endangered I'd be upset about that too.

"Shark's hungry, someone go kill a panda"

Should have picked another animal, pandas are only alive because humans value them

They are seriously the laziest, shittiest animal alive today.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Why do you have such an unhealthy grudge against pandas?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Pandas have terrible birth rates, are tremendously incompetent feeders, and have evolved to eat one thing that they are terrible at finding.

They are the incel goons of the wild.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/dekalb-county/part-of-i-20-buckling-lanes-blocked/513329735

Atlanta is stalled.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is Atlanta's bridge still blown up?

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
It looks like everything's blown up. Is this a regular occurrence?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Holy poo poo Atlanta; at some point it stops being funny.

I feel bad for those poor bastards.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/north-south-now-east-west-atlanta-highway-closes-46846491

ATL got no chill

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
New Star Wars game features female stormtrooper...of colour. Adult children competing for 'whingeingest manbaby'.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

This got lost in airline sperging and really deserves more love because its hilarious.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

If the addition of a female protagonist of color makes manbabies want to quit gaming forever I see it as a net benefit.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"Saltiest Fuckboy"

Mods, please change my name, tia.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Seriously, no more white male protagonists ever. Some groups have been big enough babies to lose their seat at the inclusion table.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

quote:

The pressure the pavement to rise and break apart, creating a mound as high as six feet (two meters) or more

Uh, no. I am 6"4 and still not two meters, buddy.

Also, looking at the picture, knowing that those highway dividers are maybe a meter high at best, sounds like a lovely journalism there.

"Take a picture that makes it look as big as possible"
"It still looks about a meter high at best!"
"2 meters you say? That's like 6 feet! Print it!"

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

When the guy refers to a "mexican chick" in Star Wars, I didn't realize there's a Mexico in space.

Wrinkly, green 600 year old 2 foot tall monster as the most powerful space wizard: Makes sense
Woman who does not look like white people on Earth being in charge of anything?: KILLS MY IMMERSION

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/854098869713604608

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

canyoneer posted:

When the guy refers to a "mexican chick" in Star Wars, I didn't realize there's a Mexico in space.

Wrinkly, green 600 year old 2 foot tall monster as the most powerful space wizard: Makes sense
Woman who does not look like white people on Earth being in charge of anything?: KILLS MY IMMERSION

holy poo poo man yoda was 900 years old not 600 smh mods ban this chucklefuck

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

The important question is not this. It's whether you get to shoot ewoks.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Reminds me of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVsUwB5-pwg

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Whats the goon opinion on the first Battlefront, AKA the third Battlefront? I've only recently got a PS4 and saw its pretty cheap. As fun as the oldies?

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

This is Atlanta that's stalled:

1/28/2014 never forget :patriot:

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

Whats the goon opinion on the first Battlefront, AKA the third Battlefront? I've only recently got a PS4 and saw its pretty cheap. As fun as the oldies?

It was pretty mediocre. I'd pay :10bux: for it, no more.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Ratjaculation posted:

I played very little but it wasn't too bad. The main problem for me is the lack of single-player campaign which I loved in old Battlefront II.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I have a friend who lives in ATL and from what he tells me this seems like pretty average traffic.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

SubponticatePoster posted:

I have a friend who lives in ATL and from what he tells me this seems like pretty average traffic.

No, more of 285 should be red for that.

Sir Azrael
Jan 14, 2004

Locked, cocked, and polygonally rifled... This creature fears nothing.

These guys must have been pissed when Ms. Pac-Man came out.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

*Looks like those Duke boys are at it again!*
*General Lee jumps median into oncoming traffic*

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
it's great how you can see the traffic jam decide to start when one guy just goes "no i won't have fun and ramp off this sick bump".

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Negrostrike posted:

I played very little but it wasn't too bad. The main problem for me is the lack of single-player campaign which I loved in old Battlefront II.

Pretty much this, they ended up bumping the release way up to coincide with the movie release which meant they had to scrap a whole lot of what they planned because of time, so you ended up with a multiplayer-only game with like 4 maps, 3/4 game modes, and limited weapons/bonuses/characters at release. Then EA decided to release the rest of the game as DLCs, of which only one was free I think (I might be wrong about this). The rest you either had to buy individually or have the season pass, so you were spending $100 all told for what should have been the completed game (still with no singleplayer). Gameplay was pretty fun but the game got boring pretty quick because of the lack of content.

Rumor has it that the new BF2 will basically be the game they meant to make the first time around, trailer looks pretty good.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

I hope everything Star Wars related has nothing but female leads until the franchise as a whole reaches a 50/50 split.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ElGroucho posted:

Pandas have terrible birth rates, are tremendously incompetent feeders, and have evolved to eat one thing that they are terrible at finding.

They are the incel goons of the wild.

And they aren't even that good at digesting the one thing they eat. All around sub-par bears.

We should send some black bears to go teach them how to bear. Well fed black bears aren't very dangerous, the pandas should be safe enough. Heck, the black bears the old Pepe Le Pew treatment so they look more like pandas. Horny, omnivorous pandas.