Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Chomp8645 posted:

Slaves don't die off though. Like I have other species as slaves and they go on forever. Or is that what happens if you have slaves and then enable population control on them? I thought it just meant they wouldn't grow anymore.

Not Slavery, under purging you can do Forced Labor, where they will produce extra minerals and food until they're worked to death. It's a good stopgap which allows for migration in the meantime as they all die.

Plus resources.

The downside is you CAN develop a xenos sympathy faction this way, which is why I prefer a quick death for all alien pops. But it's not that hard to suppress that faction and just ignore them.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Kimsemus posted:

Not Slavery, under purging you can do Forced Labor, where they will produce extra minerals and food until they're worked to death. It's a good stopgap which allows for migration in the meantime as they all die.

Plus resources.

The downside is you CAN develop a xenos sympathy faction this way, which is why I prefer a quick death for all alien pops. But it's not that hard to suppress that faction and just ignore them.

No, these people warred with us, tried to kill us all, and end our faction. We did nothing to them, they hated us from the start and warred with us but a month into our mutual knowledge of one-another. We took their worlds one-by-one and own them all now. They wish to cause civil unrest? The only solution is the purging of them all and the ending of their garbage genetic sequences!

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Talkie Toaster posted:

Just finished another mod: Sector Shipyards. Lets you centralise production of armies and ships in sectors to their capitals, to make building fleets lategame less of an absolute ballache. It's up on the workshop here.
Description:

Next, I'm thinking of making Ascension Milestones, that'll award ascension perks for hitting some milestones, designed to help wide empires not be completely blocked out of ascension. I only want a few milestones, and I'm thinking:
  • Survive 100 years
  • Settle 20 colonies
  • Conquer an AE homeworld/kill a Leviathan
Any other ones? I think making sure every playstyle can unlock maybe 2 extra is a good idea, and I think this covers both peaceful and aggressive wide empires.

Precursor or other rare/lengthy event chains, mapping the entire galaxy, be the most populous species in the galaxy, be at peace for X years, conquer X other empires, founding/joining a federation,

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 17, 2017

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Hey Alphamod stop generating giant empty barren planets that have no resources at all :mad:

For some reason it will occasionally also generate ones that are TOO big. I saw a size 57 one.

I wouldn't ask for it for regular play because I know it would mess with both balance and micro, but I would adore it if Paradox included the ability for planets modded over Size 25 to actually have more than 25 tiles.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Covok posted:

No, these people warred with us, tried to kill us all, and end our faction. We did nothing to them, they hated us from the start and warred with us but a month into our mutual knowledge of one-another. We took their worlds one-by-one and own them all now. They wish to cause civil unrest? The only solution is the purging of them all and the ending of their garbage genetic sequences!

This is the only way. I play the Imperium of Man, Fanatical Spiritualist xenophobes who BEWARE THE ALIEN, THE MUTANT, THE HERETIC. Purge all xenos. Purge all deviation. All are an afront to the pure and noble eye of man. :getin:

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Do factions ever dissolve once started?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
They can, but once you have more than a few pops they'll generally only dissolve when a new one pops up, if at all.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere

Rougey posted:

I really want to see the factions fleshed out more, the isolationist faction are more pacifist than the pacifist faction which is a little silly. Maybe a democratic faction that wants term limits, a nationalist movement that wants to put the founder species first (but not to the extreme of the supremacists), Evangelising Spiritualist - or maybe just more fluid issues and issue crossover between factions.

What's your secret for making the various factions happy? In my games I've found they had unreasonable desires that I could never (or didn't want to) satisfy. I confess I still haven't wrapped my head around the care and feeding of factions. (Playing as a Hive Mind right now so blissfully free of their troubles).

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Chomp8645 posted:

So... um, I need to talk about purging.

I wanted to hitler some aliens I conquered. But I just wanted to hitler them a little, not completely. They had the same planet preference type as my core species so I wanted to give my citizens a little more "lebenstraum" if you get my meaning. So I went to the species rights for this species I had just conquered. They occupied four planets that were all mono-filled with just them. I set them to "undesirable" and the purge began. Thing is, the purge killed a grand total of zero members of their species for five years, and then on year five + 1 day literally ever single one of them died on every planet they inhabited.

Is this how purging is supposed to go? Like it seems bizarre to me to just go from "four planets filled with billions of people" for five years straight and then ONE DAY LATER "four empty planets, no survivors". You'd think they would just start dying off one by over time, not all drop dead at the same instant five years later. I just have the base game, no DLC if that makes a difference.

Like the others have said, there's no option that will cause pops to die off progressively, even though that would make a lot of sense. There's just a timer on how long it takes a pop to die, and it's now pretty long at 5 years, used to be like 3 months, it was much nicer for Space Hitlering.

What you can do though to avoid having to manually recolonize all those worlds though is to resettle some people around.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
The best strategy is to limit faction attraction as much as possible through really strong governing ethics attraction and NEVER using private colony ships who will gently caress up your faction list ten ways till sunday. I learned that the hard way.

Of all the non-hivemind builds, spiritualists are the least susceptible to factions because of baked in buffs, and ability to build temples.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 17, 2017

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Clanpot Shake posted:

Do factions ever dissolve once started?

Yes, but you have to do it, usually by dissolving their pop members in acid.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere

spectralent posted:

I was pretty excited to dive in with a hive mind, but I'm finding it pretty narrow. Everyone hates you, so you get into more wars, and if you claim planets you're automatically also genocidal, which pretty much seals the deal. I feel like you need the option to evict people or something so you're not permanently a genocidal monster from 2225 onwards. Equally, if you do have to be a genocidal monster, it'd be nice to be able to pick what type so you can at least do the one that gets rid of people quickest so you don't have planets full of buildings sucking 20 energy but producing 80 food that's sitting up past cap not doing anything.

Can you flip your Purging type as a Hive Mind? (Or can you not enable Purging?)

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

A Tartan Tory posted:

Not true, they do dissolve naturally if the pops naturally ethically drift into other ethics/factions. I've had military factions in some games show up, then go away (then show up again later).

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

A Tartan Tory posted:

As we've just discussed, per-pop purging is no longer possible :(

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

alcaras posted:

Can you flip your Purging type as a Hive Mind? (Or can you not enable Purging?)

They have to purge, no options for displacement, though from what I hear the devs are looking into making that an option for Hive Minds that want to play nice.

That said, even now if you go for the Biological Ascension path all the way through you can give conquered pops Hive Mind and avoid that, that means no conquering til nearly the end game, though. So vassals, vassals, and more vassals.

Edit: Honestly, that should make them hate you just as much, really. It's literally taking over the minds of an entire population.

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 17, 2017

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Kimsemus posted:

This is the only way. I play the Imperium of Man, Fanatical Spiritualist xenophobes who BEWARE THE ALIEN, THE MUTANT, THE HERETIC. Purge all xenos. Purge all deviation. All are an afront to the pure and noble eye of man. :getin:

I definitely need that mod that increases ethic picks because you're gonna need Fanatic Authoritarian, Fanatic Militarist, Fanatic Spiritualist, and Fanatic Xenophobe all at once.

The Real Imperium Starts Here :getin:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Oh joy, just started a new game on a ring galaxy...on one side I have the Egalitarian United Nationas of Earth that hate me and on the other side the Authoritarian Commonwealth of Man...who also hate me.

Both are advanced starts.

This is gonna end well :shepicide:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Mister Adequate posted:

I definitely need that mod that increases ethic picks because you're gonna need Fanatic Authoritarian, Fanatic Militarist, Fanatic Spiritualist, and Fanatic Xenophobe all at once.

The Real Imperium Starts Here :getin:

It's sad really, because the Emperor, despite his origins, was Materialist as gently caress. Then again, given he was very much terrified/hating of...the equivalent of 'The End of the Cycle', can you really blame him? Actually, isn't that the constant fear/purpose with the Throne? If he fully dies, a new Eye Of Terror?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ulmont posted:

You may already know this, but you can set an army fleet to follow a naval fleet just by right-clicking. It doesn't eliminate the micro but it cuts it down a lot; after I starting doing that the amount of times my army fleets get sniped went way down.

What I did was make a few doomstack fleets followed by doomstack armies. My process was as follows:

1. Set doomstack fleet as hotkey 1, doomstack army as hotkey 2.
2. Have both fly to system, maybe getting doomstack army to wait a few days.
3. When both arrive in system set doomstack army to follow doomstack fleet.
4. Doomstack fleet murders everything.
5. Drop doomstack army on planet. Don't even bother bombarding.
6. Win invasion.
7. Embark doomstack army and reset hotkey.
8. Repeat.

It's a pain in the rear end but it's also the only way to make it work. If you only set the army to follow the fleet then the army will dumbly wait until the fleet has jumped before even starting their drives, which is probably exactly when the AI will drop their fleet on your transports.

alcaras posted:

I'd love a mod that just made you auto-invade/conquer any planet that you bombarded down to zero.

Micromanaging armies is not fun.

Holy poo poo yet. Honestly the whole army system could get scrapped and I would be perfectly happy. Imagine how much fleet combat would suck if you had to individually upgrade each ship while it was in port and then every time they won a fleet engagement you lost your hotkey.

alcaras posted:

Thank you for that good post.

One question: Why talented and pooled knowledge, over say, rapid breeders and the +unity civic?

Because that +2 to skills means all of your leaders start out at level 3. Add the bonus from the Discovery tradition and now every leader starts at level 4. That means your scientists practically never fail an anomaly, your research speeds up by 8%, the fire rates of your fleets increases by 20%, and your armies are 20% healthier, 20% more damaging, and 20% cheaper. You don't give a poo poo about fleeting anymore because your people are all geniuses at birth. Meanwhile rapid breeders (which I do like) can be offset by having obscene amounts of food (and planets eventually cap off anyway). The +Unity civic is nice but once you get your third civic the remainder are basically worthless except as a means to get ascension points.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Bloodly posted:

It's sad really, because the Emperor, despite his origins, was Materialist as gently caress. Then again, given he was very much terrified/hating of...the equivalent of 'The End of the Cycle', can you really blame him? Actually, isn't that the constant fear/purpose with the Throne? If he fully dies, a new Eye Of Terror?

I don't think he was. He was hyper Spiritualist. The Emperor believes that the only way for mankind to be safe is to exterminate any xenos and deviation in mankind until the rest of man is ready for the same psychic awakening he had. The Emperor is an ascended man, who's simply mastered the psychic powers that are developing in the rest of the species.

So for RP purposes in Stellaris, a combo of Spiritualist/militarist/xenophobe makes the most sense to me. The 2nd Ascension trait that allows all your species to unlock their psychic powers is kind of a natural evolution -- the present Imperium in 40k lore is more at the precursor awakening stage.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bloodly posted:

If the Emperor dies nobody knows what will happen. It's entirely possible that his death could cause the creation of a new Chaos God, only this time he's on humanity's side and runs around beating the poo poo out of the other gods (kind of like what Gork and Mork do for the Orks). The real problem is that the Golden Throne also keeps a webway portal shut that the Emperor was loving around with before he died and IIRC if the Throne were to stop working then you'd basically get a portal right to Terra. At the same time the Astronomicon would be snuffed out (since in his spare time the Emperor charges up the Choir that lets Navigators see where Terra is while navigating the Warp) and the resulting psychic shock would probably do Very Bad Things to any psykers nearby. Like all the psykers chained up to be slowly processed into Emperor Kibble since that's what the Golden Throne runs on.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If the Emperor dies nobody knows what will happen. It's entirely possible that his death could cause the creation of a new Chaos God, only this time he's on humanity's side and runs around beating the poo poo out of the other gods (kind of like what Gork and Mork do for the Orks). The real problem is that the Golden Throne also keeps a webway portal shut that the Emperor was loving around with before he died and IIRC if the Throne were to stop working then you'd basically get a portal right to Terra. At the same time the Astronomicon would be snuffed out (since in his spare time the Emperor charges up the Choir that lets Navigators see where Terra is while navigating the Warp) and the resulting psychic shock would probably do Very Bad Things to any psykers nearby. Like all the psykers chained up to be slowly processed into Emperor Kibble since that's what the Golden Throne runs on.

All of this too. The Golden Throne IS a literal webway portal that he created before he "ascended" because he wanted to invade the Eldaar realm directly and use that to travel instead of the perils of warp travel. (This hasn't stopped particularly powerful psyker/Inquisitors from breaching it themselves though, thinking Inquisitors Czevak and Ravenor) Basically he was a tinkerer that didn't have time to finish all his projects, which is one reason he let his "sons" off the leash so much which generally caused problems.

If the Emperor truly dies though, I do kind of think it'll be a Gork/Mork thing. I think they could keep the Astronomicon going.

In my Stellaris games, my homeworld is "Holy Terra" and my HQ station functions as the "Golden Throne" near (I play with my modpack which has been linked a few times)

and my crusade fleets purge and protect at will once the Imperials ascend into full psychic demi-godhood.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 17, 2017

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

BenRGamer posted:

Precursor or other rare/lengthy event chains, mapping the entire galaxy, be the most populous species in the galaxy, be at peace for X years, conquer X other empires, founding/joining a federation,
Precursor chains and founding a federation are good ones. The others are maybe too large-scale, as these should be ways to get ascension perks before end-game.

I was thinking of eventually doing a 'Win Conditions' mod that let you pick one of a few random win conditions at the start. So you might get offered 'Most populous'/'Scan all systems'/'>25% of planets in the galaxy are Gaia worlds or Ringworlds' and pick one. That would probably take ages to actually make, though.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So mechanically, I like new pacifism. Internal development is a good place to take that.

But why did they have to get all of the random capitalist flavor text that individualism shed?

If there's one mod I'd download in a heartbeat, it'd be something that changed pacifist factions names to thinks like "people's production committee" and "worker's cooperative association" and stuff.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Talkie Toaster posted:

Precursor chains and founding a federation are good ones. The others are maybe too large-scale, as these should be ways to get ascension perks before end-game.

I was thinking of eventually doing a 'Win Conditions' mod that let you pick one of a few random win conditions at the start. So you might get offered 'Most populous'/'Scan all systems'/'>25% of planets in the galaxy are Gaia worlds or Ringworlds' and pick one. That would probably take ages to actually make, though.

Honestly, I see the mapping one as an incentive to share/buy star charts as opposed to going PCS and just trying to survey everything yourself, and the most populous species isn't too hard to get for expansionist/rapid breeder civs

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

Strudel Man posted:

Yes. That notice is a lie; all mods disable achievements.

This was a whole bunch of pages ago but I just want to note that IIRC some mods don't disable achievements; notably some graphics replacement/addition mods like more empire colors or more flags.

The problem is namelists DO disable achievements, and the thing that tells you whether or not your game is eligible for achievements is broken and will tell you the game is eligible for achievements when it's not.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere

Lowen posted:

The problem is namelists DO disable achievements, and the thing that tells you whether or not your game is eligible for achievements is broken and will tell you the game is eligible for achievements when it's not.

Thanks.

I guess the next question is why do namelists disable achievements? That seems decidedly odd.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you only set the army to follow the fleet then the army will dumbly wait until the fleet has jumped before even starting their drives, which is probably exactly when the AI will drop their fleet on your transports.

That has not happened in any meaningful way in my wars, but I always start by offing the target's deathstack.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Because that +2 to skills means all of your leaders start out at level 3. Add the bonus from the Discovery tradition and now every leader starts at level 4. That means your scientists practically never fail an anomaly, your research speeds up by 8%, the fire rates of your fleets increases by 20%, and your armies are 20% healthier, 20% more damaging, and 20% cheaper. You don't give a poo poo about fleeting anymore because your people are all geniuses at birth.

I'm going to have to try this style, but I'm still stuck on Extremely Adaptable + Cyborg for +40% habitability.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Unity megastacking is definitely my favourite strategy as of current patch. Pacifist/Spiritualist/Xenophobe with Inward Perfection and Agrarian Idyll can start with 7 unity per month. Plus Temples and Symbols of Purity, as well as the usual buildings and Paradise Domes, Energy Nexus and Visitor Centers made for a really fast psionic ascension, plus habitats and speed megastructure building. Once you've got all the perks you want (or all of them, period), you can turn around and remodel your empire to focus on something else, I went with Influence, and started building habitats everywhere, and replaced all those Unity buildings with energy buildings. I made over a thousand energy per turn and dumped it all into the Riggans converting it to minerals every few months to build more habitats to get more energy to... etc etc.

Anyway, since I managed to get the Research Institute without being Materialist, but Temples are locked to Spiritualist, this brings me to my question; does anyone have a list of what buildings and techs are still/no longer ethic-specific now?

thatdarnedbob
Jan 1, 2006
why must this exist?
I spoke too soon about not finding things to hate in the game this time around. I hate sectors.

In my first game, I kept my developed worlds and tossed the sectors some new colonies, stations and plenty of seed resources. I told them to respect the tiles, and not to reconfigure buildings. I would continually give them hundreds of minerals when they ran low. This hosed up. Eventually I got tired of having to truck in thousands of minerals while they sat at 20K energy and massive mineral deficits. I went in to inspect, and say that, for example, a size 24 world had the colony ship, a Frontier Clinic, Energy Grid, and Mineral Processing plant, and nothing else. The 20 other pops were just working the bare land, some of course producing literally nothing. It was basically like this on 40 planets across 4 sectors. They were doing so well on energy because they hadn't bothered to put it to use, and were doing poo poo on minerals because these people were still entitled to welfare. In this universe space GOP is justified.

In my second game, I decided to give good, sensibly built worlds to my sectors. My core planets would just be my homeworld and baby colonies, everything else spins into a sector. I told them not to worry about respecting the tiles, and sure you can reconfigure the buildings. I gave them some seed resources, but they soon started making a good profit. This hosed up. All my incomes from them started to crash. On one planet, food tiles had power plants built over them, energy tiles had mines, and mineral tiles had farms. All of these tiles I had developed by hand, and all of them made wrong as if to just give the AI something to use its resources on. On the next planet, a Betharian Power Plant had been knocked down and replaced with a Frontier Clinic. There had already been a Frontier Clinic elsewhere; it got knocked down to put up a Symbol of Unity. There was a perfectly good empty field right next door.

So what do I do to find the happy triangulation of "Sectors just sit there" and "Sectors actively make things worse over time"?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

There needs to be some hotkeys for building poo poo.

I want hotkeys to do these things:
-build buildings like (p)ower plant, (m)ine etc. if i push the button on an existing building it should replace and throw the are you sure prompt at me
-build robots
-upgrade science buildings. shift click is good but i want to be able to click 1 button to upgrade a research lab to a biolab or w/e
-upgrade buildings. shift+key for queue all of them
-demolish a building

It would also be great if I could turn off the "Are you sure you want to build a science lab on your 1 food tile?" warning.

You spend a fair amount of time developing tiles and it's waaaay more clicks than it should be to do stuff outside of straight upgrading buildings. A viewable and re-orderable build queue would also be good.

I wont even mention the fleet stuff since the need for a fleet manager is already well known.

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 17, 2017

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

thatdarnedbob posted:

In my second game, I decided to give good, sensibly built worlds to my sectors. My core planets would just be my homeworld and baby colonies, everything else spins into a sector. I told them not to worry about respecting the tiles, and sure you can reconfigure the buildings. I gave them some seed resources, but they soon started making a good profit. This hosed up. All my incomes from them started to crash. On one planet, food tiles had power plants built over them, energy tiles had mines, and mineral tiles had farms. All of these tiles I had developed by hand, and all of them made wrong as if to just give the AI something to use its resources on. On the next planet, a Betharian Power Plant had been knocked down and replaced with a Frontier Clinic. There had already been a Frontier Clinic elsewhere; it got knocked down to put up a Symbol of Unity. There was a perfectly good empty field right next door.
Sectors are pretty dumb, but why would you tell them they're allowed to replace buildings and then get mad about them replacing buildings?? If you've already got the worlds sort of set up the way you like them then don't let them replace buildings and at least their ability to actively gently caress things up will be lessened.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

thatdarnedbob posted:

I would continually give them hundreds of minerals when they ran low. This hosed up. Eventually I got tired of having to truck in thousands of minerals while they sat at 20K energy and massive mineral deficits. I went in to inspect, and say that, for example, a size 24 world had the colony ship, a Frontier Clinic, Energy Grid, and Mineral Processing plant, and nothing else. The 20 other pops were just working the bare land, some of course producing literally nothing.

Check the governor's garage.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

alcaras posted:

Thanks.

I guess the next question is why do namelists disable achievements? That seems decidedly odd.

Namelists disable achievements because they are placed in a subfolder in the "common" folder, and the system that determines which mods break achievements and which don't is based on checksumming certain folders, including "common" and all its subfolders. (it is, also, the system that determines what mods multiplayer clients can use - the checksum has to match the host).

It's basically an oversight, because most of the OTHER stuff in common is core game rules and the sort of thing that, assuming you accept the need to gatekeep achievements at all, it makes sense to gatekeep them behind. Namelists, on the other hand, are basically cosmetic and could be exempted, but Paradox has had a ton else to do I guess?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

thatdarnedbob posted:

So what do I do to find the happy triangulation of "Sectors just sit there" and "Sectors actively make things worse over time"?

thatdarnedbob posted:

I told them not to worry about respecting the tiles, and sure you can reconfigure the buildings.

Found your problem. Telling them to ignore tiles is ok if you don't care but giving them a partially or fully developed planet and telling them YOU MAKE ENERGY! GO HOG WILD! is going to give a predictable and undesirable result.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I think I'd care about the Science Nexus a lot more if it was a Star Forge instead, with some serious ship production speed and cost bonuses instead of some mediocre science bonus. Spaceports are hardcoded to be the only things that can build ships, right?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
So the Unbidden spawned in my hive mind campaign, my fleets had been able to hold them off effectively but I'm seriously outmatched in productions since I simply can't build ships fast enough. I managed to wait until their ultimate doom fleet was off loving someone else over and swooped in to try and snipe the portal. I killed all of their defenses, blew up their token resistance and once my fleet had cleared its way to the portal and destroyed everything in the system to challenge them they........hovered over the portal and stared at it.........

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Also the empire the Unbidden spawned in is a half dead corpse and still managed to declare war on my with three other allies despite the Unbidden drinking wine from their leaders skulls.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

LordAbaddon posted:

So the Unbidden spawned in my hive mind campaign, my fleets had been able to hold them off effectively but I'm seriously outmatched in productions since I simply can't build ships fast enough. I managed to wait until their ultimate doom fleet was off loving someone else over and swooped in to try and snipe the portal. I killed all of their defenses, blew up their token resistance and once my fleet had cleared its way to the portal and destroyed everything in the system to challenge them they........hovered over the portal and stared at it.........

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Also the empire the Unbidden spawned in is a half dead corpse and still managed to declare war on my with three other allies despite the Unbidden drinking wine from their leaders skulls.

They have an anchor somewhere so go find it. The Unbidden mechanics aren't conveyed well to the player.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

It would be nice if planetary fortifications decreased in effectiveness linearly instead of being 100% effective until reduced below 1%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Decrepus posted:

It would be nice if planetary fortifications decreased in effectiveness linearly instead of being 100% effective until reduced below 1%.

It will be nice when the entire ground combat system is launched into the sun.

• Locked thread