Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Haru Should Have Been The Traitor

would've been one hell of a zag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

they literally comment on it when she shows up? ryuji's like 'a black mask...? wait, is she our girl?' but then she stumbles over herself and morgana has to lead her along and they're like 'oh, no, nvm.'

Oh. Did they? It must have slipped my mind. Oops.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

geri_khan posted:

Final Thoughts.

My favorite thing about the final boss moment is one of the comments is "# of fans --->" when it's at like 98% and I'm just like drat that's not a lot.

Also glad my boy YAAAAAAAAAAS was in that reel. I hated that literally every event had one guy just spamming YAAAAAS on the polls.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Regarding Haru: Did anyone else think it was weird that throughout the game you hear about the black masked metaverse user whos been loving around. And then you meet Haru...Who wears a black mask, and LITERALLY NO ONE COMMENTS ON IT? That entire introductory plot thread was awful in general and relied on characters being extremely stubborn but I found it really odd that no one even mentioned it.

They literally remark on her black mask the second she appears.

Then they discard the connection because she is immediately a goofus.

You weren't paying attention.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Saint Freak posted:

As if you would be able to live up to the competition then.

omg

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

They literally remark on her black mask the second she appears.

Then they discard the connection because she is immediately a goofus.

You weren't paying attention.

Yeah I went back and youtubed it and they totally do. I dunno how I missed that.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!

Moltrey posted:

Haru Should Have Been The Traitor

would've been one hell of a zag

My traitor shortlist was Haru, Makoto and Akechi, but Akechi seemed too obvious.
Makoto I only saw being traitor by accident, considering who her sister was.
Haru I could have seen as traitor if she blamed us for her father's death. I'm glad she wasn't because she was my late game powerhouse.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
https://soundcloud.com/2mello/life-brings-storms-mobb-deep-vs-persona-5-mashup

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Why is Neko Shogun a good persona? Educate me fine friends.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

JackDarko posted:

He's a cat. A cat that is also a shogun.

edit: Also he resists physical attacks and both instadeath elements. But these are secondary considerations.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

JackDarko posted:

He gets invigorate 1 and growth 2 I think. Is also a cat shogun

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

JackDarko posted:

it seems obvious?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

JackDarko posted:

You will respect the Shogun you filthy loving gaijin

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

JackDarko posted:

He's also got a really nice spread of affinities.

Resist: Phys, Elec, Curse
Null: Bless
Weak: Wind

He gets Psio by default too so he gives you access to psychic a good bit of time before Haru joins.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

NRVNQSR posted:

He's a cat. A cat that is also a shogun.

edit: Also he resists physical attacks and both instadeath elements. But these are secondary considerations.

Neko Shogun trivializes Anubis when you first run into them and he's my catbuddy forever thanks to that.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think that Haru should've been the traitor, or at least shown some doubts about working with you after her father died. I mean, she didn't have to be an actual villain or anything, but I just thought it was weird how much faith she has in your group after she literally never sees a successful operation until the very end. Alternatively, have her join the party a month earlier so her first heist isn't the one where her father dies.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Atlus this is hosed up (Bonus boss spoilers)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah neko shogun has good spells for when you can get him and great long lasting resists. I actually found it hard to not use him for about ten levels after I got him.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was going through Palace 5 and wondering why there were so many blacked-out posts complaining about it because it seemed pretty easy?

Then I got ambushed for the first time. Luckily I had the ability to escape from ambushes because drat

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

hahahahaha

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
people prob won't appreciate this but i saw this earlier today and it loving rules

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Moltrey posted:

people prob won't appreciate this but i saw this earlier today and it loving rules

I appreciated it, much like I appreciated the Bon Jovi reference in the game

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I like the dub

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZenVulgarity posted:

I like the dub

It's good.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Endorph posted:

id much rather that too, but unfortunately we don't live in that society, so regardless of the authorial intent it's easy to see a joke that's unfunny in a specific way and take it as an actual attack, and i can't blame people who are gay or trans or w/e for being sensitive about that kind of thing considering the world we live in, so until such a utopian time comes i think it's okay to go 'that joke kind of sucks and you could rewrite it a bit to be, maybe not more funny, but less insulting or weird.'

Careful, please don't appropriate culture and etc etc etc...

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

ZenVulgarity posted:

I like the dub

Same friend. :yaycloud:

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So are you not meant to be able to get the mask of that level 16 Justice Shadow that spawns on the higher levels of Palace 1 on purpose? I was level 11 before going in on the boss, and I trounced him on Normal, but that Justice persona never let me make him into a mask. Got the achievement for doing over 999 damage in one strike thanks to Ryuji Headbutting him while his attack was buffed and the bosses's defense was lowered.

Also, gently caress that spawn of Succubus that charmed everyone except Anne and made them waste each other. If Joker hadn't broken out when he did, I'd have wiped.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

GoneRampant posted:

So are you not meant to be able to get the mask of that level 16 Justice Shadow that spawns on the higher levels of Palace 1 on purpose? I was level 11 before going in on the boss, and I trounced him on Normal, but that Justice persona never let me make him into a mask. Got the achievement for doing over 999 damage in one strike thanks to Ryuji Headbutting him while his attack was buffed and the bosses's defense was lowered.

Also, gently caress that spawn of Succubus that charmed everyone except Anne and made them waste each other. If Joker hadn't broken out when he did, I'd have wiped.

You have to be at least their level to get them to join you.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

GoneRampant posted:

Yeah every dungeon has a couple of shadows like 10 levels higher than the norm, and you can only get the masks of Persona your level or less. You can usually fuse them later or grab them in Mementos though.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
What other game lets you fight a fly man who pilots a giant pig mech that farts pink clouds at you? That's entertainment.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

I like the dub

Most of the actors are quite good. I like Makoto's English voice much more than her Japanese voice, for example.

I do wish someone had done a polishing pass on the dialog, though. The translation is fine but sometimes you get phrasings that sound like whoever translated the line was being a bit too literal with the translation. I could understand someone preferring the Japanese voices if those bother them more than they bother me, but the English VA is pretty great.

Also as soon as I realized Kawakami shares an English VA with Yukari that's all I can hear.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

GoneRampant posted:

You can't recruit Personas above your own level except if you have one of the Confidant abilities.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

how do i make the best mothman possible

one to surpass the strongest sona's

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SettingSun posted:

You have to be at least their level to get them to join you.

I'm aware- I just thought that the Justice Persona was really oddly leveled given the rest of the Palace. I also only realized that they had a weakness to Zio in my last fight with them (Ryuji had been low on SP when I first fought them and I'd knocked them down elsewhere through using that attack with a high crit rate), which was a bit of a derp moment.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Take my strong hand.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

you can go really deep on this if you sac a treasure demon to it, register the new one, release and resummon and sac another treasure demon to it if you want i think

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

just make mothman

being mothman should take care of everything else

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
People need to post some mutha fukkin Persona gifs.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

If only I had 200,000k I'd summon Alice and Die For Me everything because doing it was fun as hell in other games

Alas, I have no money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

GoneRampant posted:

I'm aware- I just thought that the Justice Persona was really oddly leveled given the rest of the Palace. I also only realized that they had a weakness to Zio in my last fight with them (Ryuji had been low on SP when I first fought them and I'd knocked them down elsewhere through using that attack with a high crit rate), which was a bit of a derp moment.

A common theme for enemies in all palaces is that partway through the palace you will start running into enemies like this - ones significantly higher then the average enemy level that pose a much greater threat. Later on many of them will have no weaknesses so they can't be easily bypassed with a quick knockdown and all-out attack. You'll be able to pick them out with third eye because they'll show up as red enemies as opposed to blue/yellow, so you can go into the fight prepared for it.

Usually they'll show up by themselves in fights to start with and by the end of the palace they will show up with a bunch of regular enemy helpers - or pairs of the strong ones if they really feel like loving you over.