Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
And there's still the Griffith Whines From Rejection Arc.

Have you forgotten about that? Will your sanity survive if the next chapter turns from saving Casca to getting Rickert safely out of town and forging new alliances that may be responsible for Griffith's ultimate downfall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I would be totally cool with that because Berserk owns

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Harlock posted:

Guts still needs his ultimate power before defeating Griffith. If it's giving in to the berserker armor or setting it aside and believing in the power of friendship and love.

Alternatively; Guts dies and the last chapter is the Dog Knight and Skull Knight showing up to the next loser to get that armor.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
lmao if you think guts gets out of this alive just lol

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I hope for Griffith's redemption, maybe a puppet master reveal. So everyone is pissed and fate wins. The evangelion ending is what I'm going for.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Er... Miura's fine as far as anyone knows, and the Idolmaster thing is primarily a meme (we know Miura plays it but we don't really know how much, we just kind of assume 24/7 because it's a funny mental image)

Plus the story's not that far from wrapping up, if they get Casca healed all that's left is for Guts to go gently caress Griffith up.

Ah I got him messed up with the hunter x hunter guy. These drat mangaka and their lack of work eithic! I don't want another Robert Jordan situation in my lifetime.

As for the story wrapping up. That could literally be another 10 years of solid monthly releases to wrap it up reasonably.

I doubt that they will be off the Island they are currently on before the end of 2017.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

temple posted:

I hope for Griffith's redemption, maybe a puppet master reveal. So everyone is pissed and fate wins. The evangelion ending is what I'm going for.

the rapist mass murdering demon lord isn't going to get a redemption arc, temple

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

And there's still the Griffith Whines From Rejection Arc.

Have you forgotten about that? Will your sanity survive if the next chapter turns from saving Casca to getting Rickert safely out of town and forging new alliances that may be responsible for Griffith's ultimate downfall?

I'd be totally fine with that because next time we cut back to Rickert he's gonna be building himself a guymelef.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the rapist mass murdering demon lord isn't going to get a redemption arc, temple

He's just going to sacrifice all of falconia and evolve into Femtoise.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

From his more recent interviews and stuff, I think Berserk's slow because while he's determined to finish it, I don't think he actually hugely enjoys writing/drawing it that much overall.

He's been doing it his entire adult life though, not hard to see why he's maybe burned out.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2016/09/22/feature-part-2-of-berserk-discussion-urges-miura-to-try-a-new-story

There's a link to the first half of this interview in the first words, but there's not a link to the second part in the first one so use this

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Josuke Higashikata posted:

From his more recent interviews and stuff, I think Berserk's slow because while he's determined to finish it, I don't think he actually hugely enjoys writing/drawing it that much overall.

He's been doing it his entire adult life though, not hard to see why he's maybe burned out.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2016/09/22/feature-part-2-of-berserk-discussion-urges-miura-to-try-a-new-story

There's a link to the first half of this interview in the first words, but there's not a link to the second part in the first one so use this

Isn't it their own fault for drawing out these stories for the purpose of a steady income stream? One Piece, Naruto and Bleach are all great examples of this. At least the latter two ended, finally.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I doubt Miura gets much, if any, money from Hakusensha if he's not actively producing Berserk products for them, so I don't really think Berserk is a case of Miura drawing Berserk out. It's nearing 30 years old and 350 chapters. It's not like One Piece where it started in 97, has 700+ chapters and the author saying it's like 60% done. I've never read One Piece at all so I can't say whether it feels drawn out or whatever.

He probably has enough to live on and be happy with it so he can do Berserk when he wants to, rather than he truly needs to.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

I doubt Miura gets much, if any, money from Hakusensha if he's not actively producing Berserk products for them, so I don't really think Berserk is a case of Miura drawing Berserk out. It's nearing 30 years old and 350 chapters. It's not like One Piece where it started in 97, has 700+ chapters and the author saying it's like 60% done. I've never read One Piece at all so I can't say whether it feels drawn out or whatever.

He probably has enough to live on and be happy with it so he can do Berserk when he wants to, rather than he truly needs to.

At least he wants to finish it, according to the interview.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

temple posted:

To each their own but I'm personally hoping for an ending in which Guts smashes him to bits and his very essence is torn apart

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want someone to give Bones (the people who did Mob Psycho 1000 specifically) an entire anime season's worth of budget to animate Rickert pimpslapping Griffith. Just that one scene.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL9ihXiFAko

Those balls were too big to be called testicles. Too big, too thick, too heavy and too powerful. They were more like a large pair of boulders.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 11, 2017

temple
Jul 29, 2006

That's satisfying enough

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I get the impression that Miura is a frustrated perfectionist, which is why the rate of release is so slow. Doing good art - especially in the format of comics, where you have to do multiple panels of good art - is immeasurably difficult work, and if you have the kind of exacting standards he's built up over the years, making a single panel can be a Herculean task of several days. By comparison, someone like Oda seems less concerned with making each panel of One Piece a masterpiece, which is why he's been able to crank out chapter after chapter year after year with seemingly no pause. I really appreciate the high quality of Miura's art, but trying to keep that up for years on end would send any artist into a death spiral, I feel.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 11, 2017

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Vermain posted:

I get the impression that Miura is a frustrated perfectionist, which is why the rate of release is so slow. Doing good art - especially in the format of comics, where you have to do multiple panels of good art - is immeasurably difficult work, and if you have the kind of exacting standards he's built up over the years, making a single panel can be a Herculean task of several days. By comparison, someone like Oda seems less concerned with making each panel of One Piece a masterpiece, which is why he's been able to crank out chapter after chapter year after year with seemingly no pause. I really appreciate the high quality of Miura's art, but trying to keep that up for years on end would send any artist into a death spiral, I feel.

It helps that Oda has a very stylized art style that he can adjust the detail on depending the panel.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Guts is going to kill Griffith and then he will die.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I don't know what will happen but it will definitely shock and horrify me.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Pegging. Griffith will be pegged to death and somehow they'll revert him to his impotent withered shell from right before the eclipse, just to strip him of the last dignity he scraped back from the clutches of death by hubris.
Even the most hardened of horror movie/Berserk fans will cringe and feel awkward as they read a revenge fantasy gone so deep it changes modern horror forever.

Okay, maybe not, but while typing that it does seem to me a legit story progression to seek a way to strip him of his power and new body before he dies.

So is the release schedule for the anime going to be Fridays again? I'm less interested in watching and more interested in reading how everyone else is somehow letdown even more than anticipated.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Berserk is one of the few stories where I would actually be okay with the well-worn path of the villain being consumed and destroyed by the consequences of his own actions. It's hard to imagine Griffith ever expressing a shred of regret, but we saw what happened to the slug Baron when he tried it, and Miura's been teasing the possibility that Griffith's incarnation in Casca and Guts' child is messing with his emotions for years.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Don't doubt for a second that griffith doesn't regret everything and wouldn't jump in guts's rugged arms if he could.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I bet luffy will get off of the boat first and destroy griffith before guts even shows up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Who will get off the boat first: Hunter x Hunter and everyone involved in that trip or Guts on the way back from Elfhelm?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Who will get off the boat first: Hunter x Hunter and everyone involved in that trip or Guts on the way back from Elfhelm?

Only one of those authors will be alive to get them off their respective boat.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Er... Miura's fine as far as anyone knows, and the Idolmaster thing is primarily a meme (we know Miura plays it but we don't really know how much, we just kind of assume 24/7 because it's a funny mental image)

Plus the story's not that far from wrapping up, if they get Casca healed all that's left is for Guts to go gently caress Griffith up.

nice way to destroy an appreaciably dank meme in under two breaths. I'll be glad when you no longer destroy such fabled treasures whilst breathing.e,fb.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"he still got his hind talons! hawk-nigga still wearin' spurs liek a cowboy in high heels!"

"i totally hate how pretty his hair is"

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Metal Pink Babble posted:

"i totally hate how pretty his hair is"
I was gonna say, "Plugs", but you've made me see the light...

Berserk final chapter, Guts arrives in Falconia as the Black Swordsman, slipping by night into the throne room while Griffith is sleeping, and cuts his hair. Charlotte abandons, downfall follows.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I forgot just how ridiculous it was when Griffith's new crew came together.

"I shall join you--"
"Me too--"
"Me three--"
"Hello--"
":hai:"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This was one of my favorite parts of the manga and it's nice to see it animated...sorta.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I think the third episode was actually ok, the pacing didn't feel like it was moving at a breakneck speed but everything still seems off, also what's up with Grunbeld eyes, I thought they would be more red and black but hey this is New Berserk so who the gently caress knows at this point.

mthang0851
Sep 15, 2002

Diamonds Are Forever!
How many episodes are scheduled for season 2. I also happen to appreciate the new Anime both seasons, but what do I know I'm black. :woop:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Probably same number as for season 1.

Personally I though episode 3 was actually competent! A bit of camera fuckery and CG stiffness, but overall good stuff. The ending theme is really good this time around and the bit after the ending gave me chills.

Also if you want to see some truly terrible anime CG check out "Cyborg 009: Call of Justice". Eugh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Good soup! posted:

I think the third episode was actually ok, the pacing didn't feel like it was moving at a breakneck speed but everything still seems off, also what's up with Grunbeld eyes, I thought they would be more red and black but hey this is New Berserk so who the gently caress knows at this point.

Yeah, it was pretty good. As with all comments about Berserk 2016/7, there's a disclaimer that it's always an eyesore but the content wasn't butchered entirely and the direction wasn't a total trainwreck.

I think a lot of it might just be how good this part of the Falcon of the Millennium Empire arc is, but credit when credit is due, episode 3 wasn't pure awful.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Good soup! posted:

I always imagined Grunbeld as purple since his armor is basically Nidoking shaped

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I always imagined Grunbeld as purple since his armor is basically Nidoking shaped

I thought it was blue-ish white because I thought his crystal dragon form was also blue-ish white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I think they stuck with how he's been colored in the games, dunno if Miura has ever done a color version of him.