Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

I was being facetious, but asian nazi cosplay is a thing and it is weird so nothing would surprise me anymore.

At no point should you ever try to figure out what Japan is up to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
5-star OT freshman Trey Smith has been apparently tearing it up in spring drills and will probably start on Tennessee's line this year.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I vaguely recall a group of guys trying to start a White Student Union at MSU while I was there in ~2005. The desire for a handful of these dweebs to simultaneously claim superiority and victimhood isn't that new. The biggest difference between then and now is how social media spreads the news and reactions so much faster and further.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Sash! posted:

I feel like this line of thinking has burned us before.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Sash! posted:

YOOL 2017 Rules For Living

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

General Dog posted:

I feel like this line of thinking has burned us before.

Yea but it burned more of them at the end

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

korrandark posted:

I don't think we learned much of anything, other than Kevin Wilson doesn't seem to mind calling a deep ball more than once or twice a game.

I learned that Ohio State has enough talent to destroy the Big Ten until I'm dead.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rad Valtar posted:

I learned that Ohio State has enough talent to destroy the Big Ten until I'm dead.

But not Clemson!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They'll go right back to overrating the Big 10, just like last year.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The B1G is going to find a way to have Rutgers visit OSU and Michigan like 3 times each per season.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DJExile posted:

The B1G is going to find a way to have Rutgers visit OSU and Michigan like 3 times each per season.

Better yet, everyone plays Rutgers twice.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
We're gonna see Brandon Peters start over Wilton Speight by the end of they year. That should be interesting.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Remember that time Rutgers was cool?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Rutgers are like Muse, in that they used to be good and liked and now they're bad and dumb.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

pillsburysoldier posted:

Remember that time Rutgers was cool?

Rutgers was cool? :confused:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

iospace posted:

Rutgers was cool? :confused:

Yeah, when Schiano was seen as an up and coming coach, Rutgers had a modicum of success with a strong run game led by plucky upstart Ray Rice. Oh and a lot of goons cyber-stalked some cheerleader.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

swickles posted:

Yeah, when Schiano was seen as an up and coming coach, Rutgers had a modicum of success with a strong run game led by plucky upstart Ray Rice. Oh and a lot of goons cyber-stalked some cheerleader.

And then Schiano went to Tampa Bay and that was that.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

swickles posted:

Oh and a lot of goons cyber-stalked some cheerleader.

I don't remember this at all :stare:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dango Bango posted:

same

I just remember that running back that jumped over people

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Dango Bango posted:

pillsburysoldier posted:

same

Happened in 2007. Pretty much everyone ended up being complicit for way, way too long but we were all a decade younger and dumber. I don't think it was ever worse than in the sense that someone used Facebook to post her stuff but I wasn't ever in on that scene so it may have gotten worse than I remember.

Everything about that season was weird. Rutgers, Boston College, and Kansas were all good at the same time so I think we all sensed the impending apocalypse and gave in to our more baser instincts.

e: thinking about it now she may have become aware of the forums so nevermind, it was definitely worse than I remember. No idea why Gendo never pumped the brakes on whatever goons were doing that.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 18, 2017

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Crotch Bat posted:

e: thinking about it now she may have become aware of the forums so nevermind, it was definitely worse than I remember. No idea why Gendo never pumped the brakes on whatever goons were doing that.

Was Gendo the mod then? I thought maybe Albrot and SBA were.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

pillsburysoldier posted:

same

You mean Ray Rice?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dango Bango posted:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Henchman of Santa posted:

You mean Ray Rice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dERlwhfbvZw

this nerd

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I know a lot of that poo poo went down offsite, like through IRC. Still, every GDT would have her picture. At first it was kind of funny, like when someone posts fan reactions and such. Then all of the sudden the pics were no longer screen caps from ESPN and instead was stuff that was clearly from her Facebook. It, uh, escalated from there. I don't think most people actually knew it was going on until some people clearly crossed a line.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I can't imagine caring this much about Rutgers

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AsInHowe posted:

At the time it was an out of nowhere team. Remember how everyone loved Boise St for a quick minute? Kansas, Wake Forest, and Texas Tech have all had moments in the sun and then faded back down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh that agent who had charges brought a while back for paying UNC players plead guilty today. Just in case there was any doubt about that.

e: haha look at this quote by the DA NC Secretary of State.

quote:

"Years ago when this all began, people in the athlete agent industry scoffed at us for looking into these cases," North Carolina Secretary of State Elaine F. Marshall said in a statement. "They said 'This is how it works and you can't change it.' But today, everyone in that business knows that when you come to North Carolina, you had better follow the law. And if you don't, we can and we will enforce the law."

The guy got 30 months probation, a suspended jail sentence of 6-8 months and a $5k fine. 7 years of work went into that. I'm sure agents are just quaking in their boots Elaine.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 18, 2017

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Who was it going on about "enemies of Rutgers athletics"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

Who was it going on about "enemies of Rutgers athletics"

Mcmagic after they fired their super abusive basketball coach. Something about 'the enemies of Rutgers Athletics won today.'

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

AsInHowe posted:

Then you don't know what it's like to love Brian Leonard, Hesiman Candidate Fullback

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

Happened in 2007. Pretty much everyone ended up being complicit for way, way too long but we were all a decade younger and dumber. I don't think it was ever worse than in the sense that someone used Facebook to post her stuff but I wasn't ever in on that scene so it may have gotten worse than I remember.

I don't remember all the details anymore but I started the whole mess in a GDT during I think the game Rutgers upset a crazy high ranked Louisville. That was before even Facebook was a thing; I pulled some cheerleader pics off some random newsgroup and it took off from there. I don't know if that made it more or less icky, ugh.

I don't know of any cyber-stalking or doxxing that (probably inevitably) happened but that girl did contact one of the mods, maybe sba, and way-politer-than-she-could-have asked to have the pictures axed so it didn't show up in a job search.

Ugh, icky icky icky. Lowpoint of my time here.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

swickles posted:

At the time it was an out of nowhere team. Remember how everyone loved Boise St for a quick minute? Kansas, Wake Forest, and Texas Tech have all had moments in the sun and then faded back down.

Boise State had one of the greatest games in CFB history though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Korranus posted:

I don't remember all the details anymore but I started the whole mess in a GDT during I think the game Rutgers upset a crazy high ranked Louisville. That was before even Facebook was a thing; I pulled some cheerleader pics off some random newsgroup and it took off from there. I don't know if that made it more or less icky, ugh.

I don't know of any cyber-stalking or doxxing that (probably inevitably) happened but that girl did contact one of the mods, maybe sba, and way-politer-than-she-could-have asked to have the pictures axed so it didn't show up in a job search.

Ugh, icky icky icky. Lowpoint of my time here.

IIRC her name and pictures wound up on the SAS wiki and she saw them there and asked to have it taken down. Not our finest hour.

As for how Rutgers could ever be cool, 2007 was loving weird. USF was ranked second one week and Kansas was a title contender going into the last week of the season

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AsInHowe posted:

Boise State had one of the greatest games in CFB history though.

Yeah, and Rutgers had been a mediocre at best program up until that point. They didn't even make it to a BCS bowl, just had what that team would call a wildly successful season. It was a feel good story in the same way any major underachiever suddenly doing well is.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Zypher posted:

Then you don't know what it's like to love Brian Leonard, Hesiman Candidate Fullback

His inexplicable heisman website had a banging techno soundtrack

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MourningView posted:

IIRC her name and pictures wound up on the SAS wiki and she saw them there and asked to have it taken down. Not our finest hour.

As for how Rutgers could ever be cool, 2007 was loving weird. USF was ranked second one week and Kansas was a title contender going into the last week of the season

WVU was guaranteed a spot in the MNC until they choked it away in the last game as a 28 point favorite against a sub-.500 Pitt and Dave Wannstedt. They stomped the poo poo out of a top 5 OU in the bowl game so there was more than a decent argument that they probably could have been champs that year.

I wish we had more seasons like 2007.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Actually Rutgers is always cool.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Kim Jong Il posted:

Actually Rutgers is always cool.

You had one year out of a century. Also, Rutgers is ducking Princeton, so lets talk about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Grittybeard posted:

Mcmagic after they fired their super abusive basketball coach. Something about 'the enemies of Rutgers Athletics won today.'

I could have sworn either the coach or some administrator used the phrase himself in a statement.

• Locked thread