Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

Keep in mind that for over a decade, Hal was either evil or dead and that came during a time when the most popular animated version of the DC Universe flourished. During the years of Batman/Superman/Justice League cartoons, the most representation Hal ever got was a couple of Easter eggs. John Stewart ended up being the most well-rounded member of the Justice League and arguably had the most focus.

If it hadn't been for the movie, John would be the most well-known. There were even plans of having Common play him in an earlier attempt at a Justice League movie.

There's also a pretty big difference between being the most known lantern and being the most popular one. More people know who Donald Trump is than Mr Rogers, but you'd be hard pressed to argue Mr. Rogers is less popular.

Gavok posted:

The point of the gun is that Simon knows the logic of not putting all your eggs in one basket. The green ring is awesome, but it doesn't hurt to have a side-arm just in case.

Especially since his ring was hosed up and glitchy because it had conflicting instructions from Sinestro and Hal in it so it wasn't a very reliable weapon, even putting aside things like the yellow weakness and the battery running out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lurdiak posted:

There's also a pretty big difference between being the most known lantern and being the most popular one. More people know who Donald Trump is than Mr Rogers, but you'd be hard pressed to argue Mr. Rogers is less popular.

I mean, Hal has a devoted legion of fans that lobbied for his return for more than a decade, he was the star of the stories that propelled GL to A tier status back on early 00s and currently has been the lead of the GL comics for more than a decade.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Space Fish posted:

AND THEN Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz come along and I want them to have skins any presence at all in Injustice 2 so much because they are the best.

Jessica Cruz is going to be in the mobile game, so id assume she'll be a premium skin in the console version

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Didn't the latest watchtower debunk genderswap skins?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

They said on the most recent stream that there aren't going to be any gender-swapped premium skins, which sadly puts the kibosh on that Batman -> Batwoman leak from way back.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ed Boon is a notorious liar, so keep that in mind.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Hal is the best because for a while he got to gently caress around as the Wrath of loving God.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I loved Hal Specter, I thought it was a great way to keep him around while still keeping the murderous crazy mental break thing which I always thought was fun. He's this penitent embodiment of everything that went wrong and he's fighting to change himself and the Wrath of God for the better, it made for a few solid stories.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

best Green Lantern always has been Sinestro

the best green lantern is Mogo

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Babe Magnet posted:

the best green lantern is Mogo

Mogo would make a great boss character, like Apocalypse in x-men vs sf or something.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Grem posted:

Hal is the best because for a while he got to gently caress around as the Wrath of loving God.

I'm pretty sure that Hal's time as the Spectre is universally hated on.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I'd swear I remember hearing about a poll taken a while ago that said Kyle Rayner was the most popular Lantern because he did stuff with his constructs that were more than just making shields and big fists. However considering that Hal Jordan was in two animated movies and one live action movie, John Stewart was in a fairly popular animated series, and comic fans will watch these along with non comic fans, I would wager that Kyle was passed by in popularity.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

Mogo would make a great boss character, like Apocalypse in x-men vs sf or something.

Too bad Mogo got thrown into the sun at the end of Injustice Year Two by Yellow Lantern Superman. Then again that could leave us with... BLACK LANTERN MOGO :aaaaa:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
reading injustice year three right now and constantine really needs to be a dlc character

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

reading injustice year three right now and constantine really needs to be a dlc character

What would he do? Stand in the back and con the other characters to fight for him?

I love Constantine, but don't see how he'd fit in a game like this.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Constantine has never really been a combatant, and even in his comics he'd regularly get the poo poo kicked out of him by regular dudes. He's a manipulator and schemer that gets other people to fight for him.

I only ever read his earlier vertigo stuff, but in that at least he was basically a regular dude with just enough arcane knowledge to gently caress with people and weasel out of trouble.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 16, 2017

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Constantine would play like Phoenix Wright on Marvel v Capcom but with a fireball move

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Constantine is a much more traditional magician after being folded on the DCU so he could be perfectly viable as DLC

Anyways, Poison Ivy trailer tomorrow

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/853654235442954240

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
This thread has gotten me hyped for Plasticman and Etrigan as DLC even though it might not happen

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
im thinking maybe rorscach if this poo poo is true about crossovers

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Plastic Man would be an awesome Shang Tsung analogue for this game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Fool posted:

What would he do? Stand in the back and con the other characters to fight for him?

I love Constantine, but don't see how he'd fit in a game like this.

If they can make Scarecrow fight Bane I'm pretty sure they can figure out something for John.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I saw a scene of Constantine from the Justice League Dark Movie and it pretty much summed his character up perfectly.

Demon: Cheats at card game.
Constantine: Cheats back to win Card Game.
Demon: "YOU CHEATED!"
Constantine: "Technically we both cheated, I just did it better."

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ivy trailer.

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/853971314373042180

Her little plant friend looks neat, but it's probably a gear upgrade :(.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Pam looks p fun but her shoulder buddies are just visually really weird looking

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah it's taking a simple design (naked plant lady covered in vines) and adding an unnecessary busy part.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
can i have a lil raptor plant

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I hope yoshi summon is core moveset and not gear.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FEED ME SEYMOUR PAMELA!

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I feel like a lot of these super moves are just refugees from the NRS Fatality folder.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Haaaaaaa!!! *Super*

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

I hope yoshi summon is core moveset and not gear.

It might just be movie magic but I'm pretty sure that's the case. Her costume when her stand is out is identical to the rest of the trailer. I haven't bothered to go back and check the other trailers to see if that's the case for other characters with gear moves, though. Some dude on Reddit who was right about some other poo poo in the past is also saying it's her trait.

If NRS is smart they'll make it really easy to swap to the new moves in tournament mode, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Some of them (the Captain Cold platforms) are too cool to be locked behind a dumb microtransaction vector for normies.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

It might just be movie magic but I'm pretty sure that's the case. Her costume when her stand is out is identical to the rest of the trailer. I haven't bothered to go back and check the other trailers to see if that's the case for other characters with gear moves, though. Some dude on Reddit who was right about some other poo poo in the past is also saying it's her trait.

If NRS is smart they'll make it really easy to swap to the new moves in tournament mode, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Some of them (the Captain Cold platforms) are too cool to be locked behind a dumb microtransaction vector for normies.

Bonus moves will not be tournament legal across the board as they are tied to gear. I know they are aiming for a gear-on side tourney at Evo but that would be an exception.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Bonus moves will not be tournament legal across the board as they are tied to gear. I know they are aiming for a gear-on side tourney at Evo but that would be an exception.

Yeah, but isn't there specifically a tournament mode that disables everything? Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to put the option of picking the new moves in there, similar to how you pick styles or whatever in MKX.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I was a little surprised at how much punching and kicking Ivy actually does herself, I expected more hitting of people with plants

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

Yeah, but isn't there specifically a tournament mode that disables everything? Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to put the option of picking the new moves in there, similar to how you pick styles or whatever in MKX.

I don't know about a tournament mode for offline specifically, but bonus moves and gear are specifically banned in Ranked online play and the devs themselves obviously don't want the bonus moves used for serious play.

I am totally fine with that, from what I see most bonus stuff is just more for funsies anyway like giving flash a fireball.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I was a little surprised at how much punching and kicking Ivy actually does herself, I expected more hitting of people with plants

I anticipated her to be more like a trap zoner like Lex, but I guess lets wait for the full breakdown on Wednesday as a trailer doesn't necessarily always give the clearest view.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

I don't know about a tournament mode for offline specifically, but bonus moves and gear are specifically banned in Ranked online play and the devs themselves obviously don't want the bonus moves used for serious play.

Ah poo poo, I didn't know that. I thought it was the opt-out system like in the beta.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

Ah poo poo, I didn't know that. I thought it was the opt-out system like in the beta.

That was basically the prototype. Ranked is pure, casual matches will be a gear based madhouse, and private is your choosing I would imagine.

I just wonder for King of the hill if you can set them to gear on/off towers as I personally really don't like the gear stat stuff in the least.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I would think that a proper tournament mode would let you pick the moves without the gear bonuses, essentially turning it into MKX fight styles. The move changes themselves seem pretty balanced (they even said in the latest Watchtower that some of the particularly dramatic ones take up two slots so you can't further bend your character's style), it's just the gear stats that would be too complex and unbalancing for pro action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I just want to say that if all the goon rooms are gear-off i'mma call u all turbonerds and make fun of you

• Locked thread