Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rio
Mar 20, 2008

I just got Luka through the daily pull. Any reason to level her up if I have Refia already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

lukas healing is ability based so she lets you do "no white magic" challenges while still having access to healing. also she has one of those healing limit bursts i love so well for grinding explorations!

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You know, kind of hoping at some point Roselia gets a 6* awakening as a GL exclusive. Her initial healing kit is decent, her enhancements already give her an MP battery as well as a much better Curaja. So anything she'd get from 6* would be icing on the cake (namely, native Dualcast white and stat boosts).

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Okay, how is this final tier of the ariana event even possible? Osmose doesn't work, my guys are only getting one MP back. Even dual casting meteor and Ultimate barely scratches this loving thing and their MP doesn't last.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nuebot posted:

Okay, how is this final tier of the ariana event even possible? Osmose doesn't work, my guys are only getting one MP back. Even dual casting meteor and Ultimate barely scratches this loving thing and their MP doesn't last.

The team I ran for the challenge stuff was Orlandu/Olive/Cecil/Y'shtola and a buddy Olive. Cecil's LB provided the buffs and he was backup cures occasionally. Y'shtola kept up shellga and double curajas. Olives brought the damage with their nearly-spammable LB while Orlandu just hit to help generate LB crystals.

I haven't tried magic for the new level but I don't recall magic being particularly great even the first time around.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

The team I ran for the challenge stuff was Orlandu/Olive/Cecil/Y'shtola and a buddy Olive. Cecil's LB provided the buffs and he was backup cures occasionally. Y'shtola kept up shellga and double curajas. Olives brought the damage with their nearly-spammable LB while Orlandu just hit to help generate LB crystals.

I haven't tried magic for the new level but I don't recall magic being particularly great even the first time around.

I was doing magic because even my 1k+ Orlandeu (I don't know why I said cecil) buddies barely scratch 1k damage. I guess I'll try kiting out Dark Cecil so he can join the auto-attack party with his dark element damage and bring in another healer to pick up the pieces after the triple dissonances.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Apr 18, 2017

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I did basically the same thing with Gilgamesh/Chizu/Chizu/Cecil/Yshtola and a friend Olive. Everyone kitted up with HP, Yshtola with silence immunity and extra MP. Lots of DC healing from Yshtola, and everyone else was auto-atk and LBs.

Nuebot posted:

I was doing magic because even my 1k+ Orlandeu (I don't know why I said cecil) buddies barely scratch 1k damage. I guess I'll try kiting out Dark Cecil so he can join the auto-attack party with his dark element damage and bring in another healer to pick up the pieces after the triple dissonances.

The boss has elemental immunities to everything except lightning and dark. Take off your Orlandeau's Excalibur and he'll do a lot more damage. SPR helps a ton with survivability, my Sharded up Yshtola was taking ~500 damage from each AE, compared to the ~1200-1500 my other characters were taking.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

jetz0r posted:

I did basically the same thing with Gilgamesh/Chizu/Chizu/Cecil/Yshtola and a friend Olive. Everyone kitted up with HP, Yshtola with silence immunity and extra MP. Lots of DC healing from Yshtola, and everyone else was auto-atk and LBs.

The boss has elemental immunities to everything except lightning and dark. Take off your Orlandeau's Excalibur and he'll do a lot more damage. SPR helps a ton with survivability, my Sharded up Yshtola was taking ~500 damage from each AE, compared to the ~1200-1500 my other characters were taking.

Oh maybe that explains why the orlandeus do so little damage then. Maybe the like one Olive friend I have will show up again.

EDIT: that way way easier. Why did I ever try magic?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Apr 18, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Why is King Mog such a fat gently caress. Now he wants hundreds of thousands of fish. I bet you he eats the phantoma and orbs, too.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
FF6 banner confirmed: Trance Terra, Setzer, Gau, Terra, Kefka.

Terra and Kefka 6* awakening.

King Mog event running the floating continent. Previewed items: Beret looks meh, Tabby Suit looks decent.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

More importantly Kefka and Terra are bonus units. I have a level 80 Terra and second one I plan to bring up over these next few days while Easter is on going. I have a level 80 Kefka and 5 more 3star Kefkas just sitting around.

It should be easy to field a full bonus team, but I'm not sure if the event is difficult enough that I would need a babysitter like Olive or Orlandeu.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I lucked out a bit and got Xon, but is he good beyond being able to steal from everyone?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I lucked out a bit and got Xon, but is he good beyond being able to steal from everyone?

He has one of the most potentially game breaking abilities in that he can steal a bosses buff and give it to your party. Yeah he's definitely worth acquiring.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

he also has a flat damage ability that does either 1500 or 2500 i forget, but anyway there have definitely been instances of things with ridiculous defense that can come in handy against

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

More importantly Kefka and Terra are bonus units. I have a level 80 Terra and second one I plan to bring up over these next few days while Easter is on going. I have a level 80 Kefka and 5 more 3star Kefkas just sitting around.

It should be easy to field a full bonus team, but I'm not sure if the event is difficult enough that I would need a babysitter like Olive or Orlandeu.

I have 4 Kefkas and a Terra at 5*80 so I'm hoping that their awakenings will be enough to run the event with Olive backup.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dana Crysalis posted:

Why is King Mog such a fat gently caress. Now he wants hundreds of thousands of fish. I bet you he eats the phantoma and orbs, too.

He's chasing his bliss. Don't hate.

rabidsquid posted:

he also has a flat damage ability that does either 1500 or 2500 i forget, but anyway there have definitely been instances of things with ridiculous defense that can come in handy against

I can't wait until mine hits max level.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

I have 4 Kefkas and a Terra at 5*80 so I'm hoping that their awakenings will be enough to run the event with Olive backup.

I got a bad feeling that if you want whatever new enhancement materials Mog is selling that your gonna need a lot of drat fish.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Just pulled a Refia on my 1/2 daily. Looks like once I get this dualcast TMR finished up, it looks like my bottleneck issues with some events have ended.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gumi done hosed up. The Event is FF6. The Event Item is Fish. Celes should have gotten her 6*, and been a Bonus Unit.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Gumi done hosed up. The Event is FF6. The Event Item is Fish. Celes should have gotten her 6*, and been a Bonus Unit.

Could be saving this for week 2? But probably not...

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

While she probably still wouldn't be good with a 6* star form, it's even sadder that she and Locke don't have one yet.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

This is an excellent point.

Oh well, at least it is an event where I already have more 50% bonus units than I can shake a stick at. Will definitely be getting 1-2 Setzers, though. And probably Esper Terra to my immense horror.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Kheldarn posted:

Man, if they pulled out global exclusive Celes 6*, I would actually almost not hate them anymore.

Also, finally finished rainbow egg hunting, got all the Purecrysts from that innkeeper jerk. Now I get like a day or two of nothing before FISHING. ... or Vortex maybe for crysts? ugh.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I'm kind of stoked that I don't have to initially pull anything for this event for a bonus unit. Have a Kefka and Terra kitted out already.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So what's the odds on trance terra being better than what's her face with the ice dagger we just got?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Nuebot posted:

So what's the odds on trance terra being better than what's her face with the ice dagger we just got?

Trance Terra is going to be on of the top MAG Damage users for a while...but since MAG damage is relatively worse than ATK damage she's not going to be a must pull unit. Better or worse than Freyvia probably depends on your party.

Dark Fina has been working out for me because her ATK/DEF debuff is great. If T.Terra has some other cool support powers to go along with Full Life that could be pretty nice.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kheldarn posted:

Yeah.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

This banner's breaking me. I was sick over easter and did thirty sick/angry pulls and that 4* ticket and got my second rainbow which was a second Noctis. Then on today's half pull it was another rainbow and Lighting! Still can't even get Xon though, just the disappointment that two rainbows was one dupe and neither the neat new banner character I have 20 TM moogles for.

I know this is exvius_first_world_problems.txt, I'm just venting over dumb banner luck. Guess I can't complain about the number of rainbows I've pulled now either :v:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kongbakpao has the initial guide up based on the Japanese version.

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/floating-continent/

Here's the important part:

quote:

Since most of the monsters are neutral to Elemental Resistance, Elemental Debuffs works well on them.
Petrify works on Platinum Dragon and Apocrypha (Fire Flask?).
Beast Killer for Boss
Full Break
Increase Fire Resistance if you have trouble fighting Ultimate Weapon.

Since most of this week’s bonus units are Magic based, use any 6 of them to perform Elemental Chain to kill the bosses off.

Probably a good idea to level up a team of Terra's and Kefkas while Easter is still going on, unless you plan to whale for TT and multiple Setzers.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Celes snubbed for an event where the currency is Fish

Gumi why

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
also I think I gotta reinstall Memu since it crashes like every 5 minutes now

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Man, FF6 is my favorite FF and now I regret dumping more tickets into the Easter banner after I got Xon.

Hopefully I'll be able to at least get Setzer with my 4* ticket.

Who am I kidding, I'll get Bediles with all my remaining tickets and FF10 will be announced as the next banner.

At least I've got a Terra and Kefka ready to be awakened.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Shingouryu posted:

Man, FF6 is my favorite FF and now I regret dumping more tickets into the Easter banner after I got Xon.

Hopefully I'll be able to at least get Setzer with my 4* ticket.

Who am I kidding, I'll get Bediles with all my remaining tickets and FF10 will be announced as the next banner.

At least I've got a Terra and Kefka ready to be awakened.

I agree. FF6 is my favorite FF, so I want everything from this banner. I currently have a Terra and Kefka, but sadly am pretty short on lapis for an 11 pull. Tempted to actually spend $20 on lapis to get enough for an 11 pull.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

I agree. FF6 is my favorite FF, so I want everything from this banner. I currently have a Terra and Kefka, but sadly am pretty short on lapis for an 11 pull. Tempted to actually spend $20 on lapis to get enough for an 11 pull.

Keep an eye on this thread, discounted google play and ITunes gift cards periodically go on sale.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765433&pagenumber=5

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Ugh... finally got enough Cactaurs to level my Xon to 6* and I'm 2 Rainbow Blooms short.

So tempting to pull the trigger on the 3000 lapis bundle.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm glad that naked purple terra has learned the advantage of wearing robes as a caster! :frog:

Something about her kit feels weird too. There's the black magic side with Double Cast Black Magic and Ultima, the original skill do not steal with Magic Activation and Chaos Wave which looks to be the shitkicker barring one turn battles, and then her bits of white magic and Soul of Thamasa TMR so she can dual cast them (but really sounds like something to give to Refia). Just feels kinda all over the place.

But I'm a FF6 nerd and I still have a ton of tickets and lapis (80 and 25k) so maybe I'll :retrogames:

e: Rainbow Blooms are the devil's 6* awakening mat

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Scrublord Prime posted:

I'm glad that naked purple terra has learned the advantage of wearing robes as a caster! :frog:

Something about her kit feels weird too. There's the black magic side with Double Cast Black Magic and Ultima, the original skill do not steal with Magic Activation and Chaos Wave which looks to be the shitkicker barring one turn battles, and then her bits of white magic and Soul of Thamasa TMR so she can dual cast them (but really sounds like something to give to Refia). Just feels kinda all over the place.

But I'm a FF6 nerd and I still have a ton of tickets and lapis (80 and 25k) so maybe I'll :retrogames:

e: Rainbow Blooms are the devil's 6* awakening mat

Xon has lovely rare awakening mats across the board.

EDIT: The FF6 event has sparked in me a desire to yet again replay FF6, but it just makes me sad that the official "graphics upgrade" of the game looks like such poo poo, while this game has good updated sprites for FF6.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 18, 2017

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I do enjoy when my emulator lags because I actually notice the character animations. I never noticed Olive puts her goggles on when she shoots until now.

Not sure what to do about the FFVI toons I have. I have 3 maxed Kefkas, 2 3* Kefkas, and a 5* unleveled Terra. I used a lot of 6* awakening mats recently on, Zon, TGC, Emperor, Mini, Y'sh, and Noctis, and while I still have 50+ of all of the mats I can't go hog wild on awakenings again. Of course Terra needs 20 Rainbow Blooms, why can't it be divine crystals, which I have 90 of...

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I'm also all outta Rainbow Blooms. Got 20+ of everything else.

My stock of Holy and Sacred Crystals is getting low(<10) as well. Every day I've been dropping 100 lapis for a refresh just to run 2-3 units through the adv trial and it's eaten into my stash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nuebot posted:

lol

Fryevia can (in theory) deal more damage than Olive* as a finisher, though it's some BiS and perfectly timed chaining stuff. Meanwhile Trance Terra might be the #1 mage but she's still only a mage.

I'm probably going to run Kefka/Kefka/Kefka/Terra/IDK and eventual Trance Terra whale buddies for the event. The filler unit can be my imperil slave so that I can hopefully just one round everything like in other farming events.

* True shot, not LB since Olive's LB is bonkers and if you manage to land all the hits during a max bonus DR chain good lord that damage.

• Locked thread