Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Girls is universally a bad show, regardless of gender.

I've only seen one scene of it, and it was this really, really bad, just a, "Tee-hee-hee, my friend is stoned, tee-hee-hee." Also, Lena Dunham is involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I watched the first season og Girls and it was ok. I liked it, but not enough to immediately go into season 2. I kind of did the same thing with Silicon Valley. Silicon Valley had higher highs but I felt the writing was sluggish in between. Maybe once I am caught up on GoT I will watch the 2nd and 3rd seasons of Silicon Valley.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silicon valley gets better as it goes along.

I like ballers too but I'd legit watch the rock do anythinf.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

I watched the first season og Girls and it was ok. I liked it, but not enough to immediately go into season 2. I kind of did the same thing with Silicon Valley. Silicon Valley had higher highs but I felt the writing was sluggish in between. Maybe once I am caught up on GoT I will watch the 2nd and 3rd seasons of Silicon Valley.

Silicon Valley is significantly better if you have to live in it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

boy howdy is this ever correct

I'd watch a whole season of Erlich yelling at NIMBYs bitching about tech people while conveniently ignoring those tech people made their lovely 3 BR worth $1MM+

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

swickles posted:

This sounds like a HOA lawyer's wet dream. Not the lawyer for the HOA, but a lawyer specializing in HOA stuff. My buddy who works for the feds was telling me how easy it is to prove selective enforcement (because condo commandos tend to be real dumb) which is not legal. Are Christmas trees or decorations allowed? If so, they are toast.

Nah man they live in a lower middle class part of Wisonsin. People will have wrecked cars on their lawn but they only care because they don't like my folks for being far left in a far right district. HOAs aren't part of that dumpy neighborhood.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
It's-It is the best ice cream sandwich in America and we must devote full effort to make sure it stays that way.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Girls on HBO should just replaced by Tales from the Crypt reruns.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Christ ain't that the truth

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Girls has a poo poo load of good and funny people as minor characters.

I feel like it should be good but it suffers from high amounts of Lena Dunham

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

do you guys like british sketch comedy
because watch That Mitchell and Webb Look if you haven't already. It's all on youtube

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I watched the new episode of Better Call Saul last night, then tonight I will watch the Bates Motel that I DVR'd.

Also, Fargo season 3 starts soon.

Truly the golden age of television.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

when i was 18 at a college party i drunkenly told donald glover his bro rape video was stupid, because i was trying to sleep with this girl who was super in to feminism.

things have gone better for him than me.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I need a new phone

Nexus 6 isn't cutting it right now

Thinking of getting an s7

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This looks good but tastes horrific.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ZenVulgarity posted:

I need a new phone

Nexus 6 isn't cutting it right now

Thinking of getting an s7

The S8 comes out soon.

Every phone is bad though.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Ehud posted:

The S8 comes out soon.

Every phone is bad though.

No thank you

Not buying the newest newest phone, seems expensive

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I have been listening to debarge all morning. Ooooweeeee

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Leperflesh posted:

do you guys like british sketch comedy
because watch That Mitchell and Webb Look if you haven't already. It's all on youtube

Hell yeah. Peep Show is great too.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Bad Moon posted:

Was thinking Air and Space, Nat History, Spy, Lincoln and FDR? Is that too much for two days?

The Spy Museum is not great. The botanical gardens are better and close to the Air & Space.

You can easily do all the things you listed above in one day (assuming weekend).

When are you going? If it isn't until next month you may be able to catch Jazz in the Sculpture Garden before doing dinner. https://www.nga.gov/content/ngaweb/calendar/jazz.html

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Yes please skip the Spy Museum. Really not worth your time.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

FizFashizzle posted:

when i was 18 at a college party i drunkenly told donald glover his bro rape video was stupid, because i was trying to sleep with this girl who was super in to feminism.

Maybe you put a chip on his shoulder

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I went to the spy museum like ten years ago and remember it being dumb fun.

Kind of like the Ben Franklin center here in philly

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Good morning men.

Let's have a great day!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I know nothing about Lena Dunham other than conservatives use her as a deflection when someone mentions Trump’s pussy grabbing comments with a "yeah well Lena Dunham did that thing with her sister!" As if she's the president of left wing America or something.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Well...Davos Seaworth is cool, Silicon Valley is overrated, and I have a 401k plan where my employer puts in 6% regardless of my contribution, which can be up to 6%. I have a pension too but I'll never see that poo poo so I don't even think about it.

Now I too have chatted.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I went to the spy museum like ten years ago and remember it being dumb fun.

Kind of like the Ben Franklin center here in philly
It's not bad per se but it's quick and boring and not worth the price of admission. There are an infinite amount of things to do in DC, the Spy Museum should be towards the bottom of a visitor's list unless they're really into spies.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I recently rewatched the first seven seasons of the Simpsons with my kids. Aside from the many well crafted jokes I was reminded of just how much heart the characters and stories used to have. God that show was so good.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Yeah that's what I miss the most about it. It used to have so much heart.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

seiferguy posted:

I know nothing about Lena Dunham other than conservatives use her as a deflection when someone mentions Trump’s pussy grabbing comments with a "yeah well Lena Dunham did that thing with her sister!" As if she's the president of left wing America or something.

The most Lena Dunham thing was OBJ was seated next to her at some event. He mostly didn't pay attention to her and she went on some long tired rant about how maybe if she was hot he would pay attention to her or some poo poo.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I filed my taxes.

I owe $1,000. This some bullshit.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

He seems the type of petty that he'd remember this now, research to figure out who you were, look you up, and put a very specific diss line in a song.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Spoeank posted:

The most Lena Dunham thing was OBJ was seated next to her at some event. He mostly didn't pay attention to her and she went on some long tired rant about how maybe if she was hot he would pay attention to her or some poo poo.

So I made the mistake of googling this and hooooooly poo poo the whole thing is a death-spiral of stupid. Bonus points for creepy undertones of racism! :wtc:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

He seems the type of petty that he'd remember this now, research to figure out who you were, look you up, and put a very specific diss line in a song.

I just remember him never shutting up

that whole party was weird. my friend, who was the niece of mike holmgren, was dating the founder of campus hook, which was either the same thing or like related to collegehumor, who had a huge apartment in brooklyn would constantly throw these massive parties.

If i could go back in time I'd tell myself not to be blind drunk at that party and try to network or something.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah. But almost no one is ever coherent or sober enough to network at a party.

I mean we've all done it. But usually it goes nowhere and you just end up with a random contact in the phone.

:confused::downsgun:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Yeah that's what I miss the most about it. It used to have so much heart.

I remember realizing how far the show had fallen when I rewatched a season one episode a few weeks ago

Marge does a line where she is like "Always smile Lisa even if you are unhappy so you can be normal and popular and get invited to parties" and it was such a biting joke, a great deconstruction of Marge as a character, and edgy as hell. They haven't done anything that biting in a decade at least.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I recently rewatched the first seven seasons of the Simpsons with my kids. Aside from the many well crafted jokes I was reminded of just how much heart the characters and stories used to have. God that show was so good.

There's still some good episodes in the later seasons but they don't always hit it out of the park 100% like they used to. Those seasons spoiled us for good TV that it's hard to accept substitutes.

Edit: I would probably binge watch the later seasons if Fox wasn't such assholes about putting the show on streaming services. As of now all they put in is the latest season on hulu.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 18, 2017

Nov 6, 2002

sean10mm posted:

So I made the mistake of googling this and hooooooly poo poo the whole thing is a death-spiral of stupid. Bonus points for creepy undertones of racism! :wtc:

http://www.theroot.com/10-reasons-odell-beckham-jr-didn-t-speak-to-lena-dunha-1790856609

quote:

10. Black male interest in white women (any white woman) is greatly overstated and exaggerated.

Seriously, not all black men want a fat white woman.

lol

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I remember realizing how far the show had fallen when I rewatched a season one episode a few weeks ago

Marge does a line where she is like "Always smile Lisa even if you are unhappy so you can be normal and popular and get invited to parties" and it was such a biting joke, a great deconstruction of Marge as a character, and edgy as hell. They haven't done anything that biting in a decade at least.

What's funny is, I don't know if you're old enough to remember, but when the show came out it was roundly attacked by like everyone in the media for being dumb schlock that was anti-family and set a bad example for kids.

A satirical cartoon written for adults mind you.

• Locked thread