Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm up to 4 or 5 coffees a day now.

It used to work as a preworkout but now the workout's just an excuse to drink more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Look at you weak babies only crapping once a day

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I'm not even awake until my 2nd morning poop

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
i crap one huge crap like every 3 days

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I'm back to pooping at least twice a day. I've dropped more weight since I quit smoking weed and drinking any alcohol/beer, and now I'm back on the ECA stack, so I'll probably lose some body fat in the coming weeks. Feels good man

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my shoulders are sore

also, how do i do overhead press without hurting my wrists

god bles

Constipated posted:

I'm back to pooping at least twice a day.

:same:

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Do you guys have a flexibility/mobility routine you do every day?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Nothing for lower body but I do 2 rounds of this shoudler warmup/injury prevention video that used to get linked a ton in the work out forum. I'm trying to find it but I think it was taken down... But yea its like 10 movements of 10 reps that gets your shoulder in like every way, i swear by it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7187Yqpq6I

it was this one but its gone, im trying to find another

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Just loving stretch.

And use a foam roller.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Maybe if you wanna be a contortionist u should stretch

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Chinatown posted:

my shoulders are sore

Have you tried using suicide grip? OHP feels a lot better with it, imo.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Have you tried using suicide grip? OHP feels a lot better with it, imo.

Interesting. I'll try this. Thanks.

Im eatin' enchiladas tonite. :yum:

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
You're probably holding the bar too far near your fingers instead the heel of your palm:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Chinatown posted:

Interesting. I'll try this. Thanks.

Im eatin' enchiladas tonite. :yum:
Do wrist curls to strengthen your baby wrists as well.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Chinatown posted:

god bles
How do you hurt your wrists while overhead pressing? This is the real question.

Stop bending them CHINATOWN, and make sure the bar is over your wrist. Just put your thumb under the bar lined up with it (or like slightly in front but straight with it? not sure how to describe), and then grip normally without moving your hand. You will end up holding it normally, and not freakishly like the SL image someone posted, but the bar will be in the right or at least a similar spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqKhLR1zRaU

I always liked this video. It shows decent grip width and grip position. Another trick for not holding too wide is to get your elbows out in front of you and then move them in until you are tapping your lats.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 17, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Anyone else ever work themselves into having low blood sugar in the morning? Do that one last set and immediately think: "oh, that was bad. I need some juice..."

In The Bushes
Mar 4, 2012
My gym has the new addition of out-of-shape-man-who-stops-people-mid-set-to-give-advice, what's the best way to get gains from this man?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

In The Bushes posted:

My gym has the new addition of out-of-shape-man-who-stops-people-mid-set-to-give-advice, what's the best way to get gains from this man?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I'm physically incapable of doing some lifts properly in the morning. Deadlifts require 3 hours of nervous system bootup.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Have him fondle your balls

testicle gains

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

I work out best in the morning but then im sweaty and hungry all day at work.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I work out best exactly at lunch time (breakfast digested so I got energy and it's still early in the day so I'm not worn out by work yet) but there's no gym nearby so I can't go to the gym at lunch.

At my old job the gym was right next door so I could just go down and work my butt off for 1hr and then head back up and have some whey for lunch

but alas this does not work anymore. I also can't go after work because if I drink PWO at like 5-6 (when I arrive home from work) I can't sleep at night

So the mornings...is all I got. It works fine, but I've noticed that deadlifts are a lot shakier. Like, my body isn't entirely awake yet so I can't stabilize as well as I do in the afternoons and stuff

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Yeah, it was deadlift day. Then i did a couple other workouts, and then sat in the locker room for 5ish minutes before i could stand back up to shower.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Here's a new strength chart for you all to get mad about

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Male-Percentiles.jpg

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm mad that it looks like this on my phone

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Already working as intended.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/how-to-get-strong-what-is-strong/ posted:

This is about the most objective strength comparison you can get, based on 12,000+ actual competition results spanning 4 years in the largest, strictest, and most competitive drug-tested organization in the sport.

That's actually very subjective. It's good to know that as a casual bro with an inconsistent diet and training regiment, my workout reps for my weight class are somewhere around the 5 to 10 percentile of max competition lifts. But my deadlift doesn't even chart until I lose 50 lbs, haha.

I want to know how I compare to the other average hoi polloi.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm almost proud of the bench I can't do any more because of injuries caused by benching.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

according to this i am in the 5th percentile of all lifts, which i call BS on because im not that strong

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
or maybe I am that strong weak :stare:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:catstare:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Zzulu posted:

according to this i am in the 5th percentile of all lifts, which i call BS on because im not that strong

5th percentile is bad, you want 95th

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
well then it's wrong because im the strongest guy in my gym so

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

just lol if you don't deadlift on Saturday so you can't move on Sunday

Just. Lol

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

just lol if you don't deadlift on Saturday so you can't move on Sunday

Just. Lol

you're doing it wrong

Risky Bisquick posted:

:smug:

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

quote:

This is about the most objective strength comparison you can get, based on 12,000+ actual competition results spanning 4 years in the largest, strictest, and most competitive drug-tested organization in the sport.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Risky Bisquick posted:

Nice self own, Zzulu

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

I suck. 66kg
85th for bench
95th for squat
40th for deadlift :smith:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Those are numbers from people in competitions, you all strong

Knight posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

That's actually very subjective. It's good to know that as a casual bro with an inconsistent diet and training regiment, my workout reps for my weight class are somewhere around the 5 to 10 percentile of max competition lifts. But my deadlift doesn't even chart until I lose 50 lbs, haha.

I want to know how I compare to the other average hoi polloi.
Deadlift is the only lift I have that charts at 105kg. Well, I am closer to 93kg now I guess. My 185lb poverty bench sure as heck isn't charting. Over 4 plate deadlift is though.

I dunno if my military press would chart if it were on it.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 18, 2017