Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I honest cant believe that cops dont go "down" and shoot us with their sidearm when we take out their health pool. Then other cops could get them up, and Medics have Inspire Aced. Then imagine this but with other player skills.

John Murdoch posted:

I've been running Anarchist with the HBV instead (thanks chairface) and liking it quite a lot. A bit of extra armor to help cut down on the freak splats I seem to get more often now on LBV, and I actually prefer the slightly slower speed if only because it means I don't go careening out of control as much when somebody else's Second Wind kicks in.
Careening out of control when Second Wind kicks in is half the fun :confused:

MECHASHIVA IS NOT A CRIME

Oh wait, wrong game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'm surprised the government hasn't tried to make a deal with us yet to steal from some other country.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

Crabtree posted:

I'm surprised the government hasn't tried to make a deal with us yet to steal from some other country.

I can see a mission where the group is roped into doing work for the C.I.A (Central Interrogation Agency, maybe?) to track down the warheads stolen during Meltdown.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Crabtree posted:

Maybe we'll be encouraged to steal money from another country since we've stolen trillions from D.C. alone. We can help refill D.C.'s coffers and then re-steal it all over again!

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

TheObserver posted:

I can see a mission where the group is roped into doing work for the C.I.A (Central Interrogation Agency, maybe?) to track down the warheads stolen during Meltdown.

guys, the CIA wants us to kidnap this hacker...he's holed up in an embassy so they can't touch him. Good thing there's a bank next door so we can fake it.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
My fellow Americans, it has become increasingly clear that we cannot combat the rising tide of criminal activity. We lack the technology and the manpower to effectively oppose this force of nature. We need a new way forward, so if elected I will use all the powers of my office to advance the Weaponizing Indigenous Lawbreaking Crooks Ordinance through congress. I say we as a country have suffered this indignity long enough. It's time for our pay day.

dear overkill give me g gundam except it's bank robbers instead of robots

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

TheObserver posted:

Track the warheads down and dispose of them for the CIA...except we don't really dispose of them, we make them think we did. We give Vlad the nukes so he can resell them.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

clockworkjoe posted:

guys, the CIA wants us to kidnap this hacker...he's holed up in an embassy so they can't touch him. Good thing there's a bank next door so we can fake it.

I would pay a lot of money for a heist where you kidnap not-julian-assange

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

watho posted:

I would pay even more if it's the Swedish authorities we hand him over to.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

watho posted:

He's in the third mission of the new Hitman game.

edit: Fun File Factz:
  • There is or was a possibility for a second attack helicopter to spawn on Green Bridge.
  • During development, it was planned that the server room on Yacht Heist would lock down if an alert sounded. This may indicate it was planned to be an optional objective at one point.
  • On higher difficulties, one of the pairs of civilians on Yacht Heist is a TV cameraman and news commentator. Bain has unique lines pointing them out, and implying that the TV camera would have acted like an active security camera. The NPCs ingame are normal civilians, just with special dialogue lines.
  • Some lines indicate you used to have to secure lootbags by returning them to the motorboat at the spawn.
  • There are also references to a zipline for securing loot. These multiple options may indicate that the heist once had preplanning.
  • The guy who owns the Yacht is named Powell, is Irish, and is apparently a really powerful friend of McKendrick's. The illicit bank accounts we stole were at least partially his. I suspect he's the one now targeting the team.
  • McKendrick's competitor is Nancy Bukowski. I don't think there's anything else known about her.
  • Several of the tape decks spread through the mission won't work, due to bugs in how tape deck audio lines are called.
  • Civilians used to be able to spawn in pairs pretty much everywhere in the boat, including inside bedrooms, at fishtanks, and in the kitchen. It appears likely most of these were removed because they could make loot inaccessible without alerting them. A couple civilian spawns can still do this, sadly, at least in the top level bookshelf area.
  • The pirate masks from the Kento Search were probably originally planned for the Yacht Heist- there are a bunch of Pirates of the Caribbean nods.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Apr 19, 2017

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Let's talk about builds, baby, let's talk about you and me!

Frenzerk Crew Chief - I know, I know, it sounds crazy but hear me out. Crew chief gives a teamwide 8% damage reduction. This bonus is doubled when the crew chief is below 50% health. This build is frenzerk and thus that's a constant 16% damage reduction teamwide. Throw on another 8% if there's any hostages, +flat damage reduction from forced friendship and crew chief's health and stamina bonuses scaling with more hostages, all teamwide. The Crew Chief himself, being frenzerk, is also 25% resistant to damage from ace frenzy. The way multiplicative damage reduction works out, this basically means that as long as the team has *A* hostage, ~22% damage reduction teamwide, and ~42% damage reduction for the crew chief himself. Throw in two jokers, aced inspire, two fully upgraded doctor bags, aced underdog, aced bullseye, teamwide +25% armor recovery rate from shock-n-awe basic and an ICTV suit and this is one tough bastard with a lot to offer the team. The downside is there are NO points to spare for weapon skills. This is where the Little Friend and an UZI come in, although a dmr'd ak/car4 and chinapuff/arbiter would also be valid choices for armament that work well with no particular weapon skills. Besides, this build *is* frenzerk and thus minimum +40% damage output on ranged attacks, which is like having weapon skills! Special thanks to Jal Riddell for originally suggesting a frenzerk crew chief to take advantage of the double damage reduction ability.

Turret Maniac - An interesting quirk of Payday2 is that turret damage counts as coming from the player, while joker damage does not. Yes, in general jokers are better than turrets, but not for proc'ing a Maniac's Hysteria stacks. This build brings 4 turrets and 2 suppressed turrets, and has two high pickup guns modded/skilled heavily to be extremely useful weapons in addition to methods of keeping turrets fed. It is rather easy to keep the hysteria meter full with all 6 turrets blasting away, and your team will appreciate the damage reduction from all that hysteria. Special thanks to Common Sensei for the original version of this build.

The Ace of Spades - Well, if you like to Gamble, I tell you this is your man. After experimenting with a variety of options for making a decent Gambler setup, I settled on this. Oddly enough the HBV build is MORE survivable than ICTV for the Gambler, since the Gambler must constantly grab ammo boxes and can't rely on positioning to counter the speed drawbacks of ICTV. Aced Fully Loaded means getting grenades back from ammo pickups as well, and using flashbangs to suppress police fire long enough to dash out and grab ammo boxes is highly recommended! The real payoff is using this build on a team with someone else playing as the turret maniac, as the gambler distributes ammo teamwide to keep those turrets fed.

That's what I have for you all today, along with a reminder that Good Guy Grinder Greg is still a thing and worth using if you like Grinder. Those 15%-damage-reduction-granting upcakes make a nice complement to a frenzerk crew chief and/or turret maniac!

EDIT: Special late entrant, Yes, Biker is a good perk deck.

chairface fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 20, 2017

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

chairface posted:

Frenzerk Crew Chief - I know, I know, it sounds crazy but hear me out. Crew chief gives a teamwide 8% damage reduction. This bonus is doubled when the crew chief is below 50% health. This build is frenzerk and thus that's a constant 16% damage reduction teamwide. Throw on another 8% if there's any hostages, +flat damage reduction from forced friendship and crew chief's health and stamina bonuses scaling with more hostages, all teamwide. The Crew Chief himself, being frenzerk, is also 25% resistant to damage from ace frenzy. The way multiplicative damage reduction works out, this basically means that as long as the team has *A* hostage, ~22% damage reduction teamwide, and ~42% damage reduction for the crew chief himself. Throw in two jokers, aced inspire, two fully upgraded doctor bags, aced underdog, aced bullseye, teamwide +25% armor recovery rate from shock-n-awe basic and an ICTV suit and this is one tough bastard with a lot to offer the team. The downside is there are NO points to spare for weapon skills. This is where the Little Friend and an UZI come in, although a dmr'd ak/car4 and chinapuff/arbiter would also be valid choices for armament that work well with no particular weapon skills. Besides, this build *is* frenzerk and thus minimum +40% damage output on ranged attacks, which is like having weapon skills! Special thanks to Jal Riddell for originally suggesting a frenzerk crew chief to take advantage of the double damage reduction ability.

For extra hilarity, would suggest you take flamethrower as primary weapon and grenade launcher as secondary.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

chairface posted:

Its really funny because I tried doing this last night and I was total garbage. I havent worn an ICTV in 6+ months and holy poo poo my current playstyle does not suit that at all.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Its really funny because I tried doing this last night and I was total garbage. I havent worn an ICTV in 6+ months and holy poo poo my current playstyle does not suit that at all.

The joker speed bonus is pretty essential to not feeling like a beached whale in ICTV. It is also a big deal for the gambler to have their jokers up, both for the speed bonus and to draw fire away from the retard dancing in the ammo fountain.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
OVK has released a pen melee DLC code generator site

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
but is it mightier

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Coolguye posted:

but is it mightier
30 (80) vs 70 (450).

You tell me.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

maswastaken posted:

30 (80) vs 70 (450).

You tell me.

WILL IT MIGHTY MY PENIS MAN

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

This loving site is busted. It hasn't worked for me at all.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

TopHatGenius posted:

This loving site is busted. It hasn't worked for me at all.

It appears likely to be getting absolutely crushed by bot reseller accounts.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

chairface posted:

The joker speed bonus is pretty essential to not feeling like a beached whale in ICTV. It is also a big deal for the gambler to have their jokers up, both for the speed bonus and to draw fire away from the retard dancing in the ammo fountain.

ICTV just requires a different, less mobile play style. More of pop and shoot rather than run and gun.

Alternatively, Yakuza Frenzerker for good speed and a general sense that you could die at any moment.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

without further comment.

TearsOfPirates
Jun 11, 2016

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes! - Idiot of idiots, to trust what is written!

:five:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

That happened to a friend of mine last night. His Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free Cop was, out of our 14 hostages, the one cop I had dominated at the broken end of the bridge.

Green Bridge has some problems.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

UnknownMercenary posted:

In fact, a problem with the current iteration of the bulldozer is that it spawns so loving often and always in pairs and it's just this giant wall of HP

Really? Because every bulldozer I've met goes down like a chump with maybe 8 shotgun shots to the face. Compare that to the tank in L4D that you literally have to set on fire to even have a fighting chance against on higher difficulties, and even then it takes a good 5 minutes to down.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

King Vidiot posted:

Really? Because every bulldozer I've met goes down like a chump with maybe 8 shotgun shots to the face. Compare that to the tank in L4D that you literally have to set on fire to even have a fighting chance against on higher difficulties, and even then it takes a good 5 minutes to down.

How many tanks spawn at once and how many can you expect to see in the course of a single game?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

King Vidiot posted:

I would be fine with this if Dozers came one at a time once per game, but uhhh your logic sucks.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

:shrug: I barely notice Dozers when they spawn, because everybody turns and takes them down or a single person with a Judge or rocket launcher takes care of them. Maybe DW would be a different case, we usually always play on Mayhem.

The only time I've had a problem with Dozers is if one or two come up directly behind me from a blind spot and down me with one shot. Or shoot me from across the map, that's always fun.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

How many tanks spawn at once and how many can you expect to see in the course of a single game?

also, can tanks shoot you with firearms or do they require a long wind-up to do their one and only ranged attack

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

further, do tanks traditionally show up with common threats around them or are they presented as a distinct and different threat

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

also, in reference to the above, are common threats in these respective games comparable at all? do they move, attack, and affect the player similarly?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

oh and as a corollary, what is the overall time to dead when you are given the undivided attention of a tank/bulldozer in each respective game, timer starting from the moment they clap their attention on you?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

:shrug: I barely notice Dozers when they spawn, because everybody turns and takes them down or a single person with a Judge or rocket launcher takes care of them. Maybe DW would be a different case, we usually always play on Mayhem.

The only time I've had a problem with Dozers is if one or two come up directly behind me from a blind spot and down me with one shot. Or shoot me from across the map, that's always fun.

Coolguye posted:

also, can tanks shoot you with firearms or do they require a long wind-up to do their one and only ranged attack

Coolguye posted:

further, do tanks traditionally show up with common threats around them or are they presented as a distinct and different threat

Coolguye posted:

also, in reference to the above, are common threats in these respective games comparable at all? do they move, attack, and affect the player similarly?

Coolguye posted:

oh and as a corollary, what is the overall time to dead when you are given the undivided attention of a tank/bulldozer in each respective game, timer starting from the moment they clap their attention on you?

if you honestly consider these questions and consider overkill the rough equivalent to l4d's easy (which would make mayhem normal, DW advanced, and OD expert) i think you will find that these two threats are not, in fact, comparable in any respect and your equivalency is a false and bad one

thank you for your time

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I think the core issue here is that dozers just aren't interesting. Pretty much all other specials present a unique threat that needs to be dealt with, but a dozer is just a regular cop with a lot more HP and maybe a little slower. The tank comparison is the natural one since when Payday was more clearly inspired by L4D the dozer was clearly their version of the tank, but yeah it's not really like L4D any more. For one, being flushed out of cover is a much more serious issue in PD2. But the dozer needs to be something, and a mobile centerpiece fight akin to the Tank is something that PD2 lacks.

Although at this point I think that might be a better fit for the Captain.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

:chloe:

Er, um... oh dear.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

King Vidiot posted:

Bulldozers on Mayhem do really low damage to the point that they are no threat. They get the increased health but not increased damage. For an example of how toothless they are, Mayham black dozers do 30 damage per burst. Whether this is a bug or just Jules' incompetence is up to you.

Bulldozers on Deathwish get 12000 health on DW and 18000 on One Down and do appropriate damage.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
high level crime spree dozers are pretty bad. Spawn up to 6 or so dozers, immune to explosives, and do crazy amount of damages. So do regular cops with shotguns and snipers. High level crime sprees are just nuts. Still haven't found a good build for them.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

clockworkjoe posted:

high level crime spree dozers are pretty bad. Spawn up to 6 or so dozers, immune to explosives, and do crazy amount of damages. So do regular cops with shotguns and snipers. High level crime sprees are just nuts. Still haven't found a good build for them.
You probably just inadvertently lit the chairface signal :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The real trick to getting super high crime spree is just keep rerolling for club house until even the bikers are crazy terminators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Or getting someone with a total shitshow of a PC to host.