Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Wasting 30 bucks on that, when it was on sale a few months back, was a good way to know I never wanted to spend 60 on BF1 since it's essentially the same.

Game was absolutely gorgeous, but no hardcore and some other weird rear end design/gameplay decisions just made it a resounding wet fart of a game to me.

I'll go back to playing Battlefield 4 like a chump now.

The biggest problems I had with the game was not being able to squad up with friends and joining servers and being placed on opposing teams.

Hoping the next one fixes those problems and the couch co-op is implemented well. I played the gently caress out of the original games and would like to have a Star Wars game that's current gen and fun to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:siren: :slick: :siren: :slick: :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKiuY3Ocwzo

That last execution, gently caress yeah. I need to just waste an evening cloaking and running up on dudes so I can unlock some more.

Oh yeah, joining that Marvin faction asap

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 18, 2017

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Pesticide20 posted:

The biggest problems I had with the game was not being able to squad up with friends and joining servers and being placed on opposing teams.

Hoping the next one fixes those problems and the couch co-op is implemented well. I played the gently caress out of the original games and would like to have a Star Wars game that's current gen and fun to play.

Yeah I know a lot of my gripes were related to that as well. We had to host our own matches to play with friends. And even if you hosted your own stuff, your ability to make gameplay selections were very limited.

Also, the whole "earning credits to purchase weapons and abilities" v unlocking them was kind of irritating as well. I know BF1 does this with war bonds to an extent. Ugh.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

FFXIV is doing a free 96 hour login campaign until May 7th.

They also changed the two week trial for new players. I think it's hours or max level of 30 or something

it's a fun MMO, it is pretty anime tho

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Slim Pickens posted:

:siren: :slick: :siren: :slick: :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKiuY3Ocwzo

That last execution, gently caress yeah. I need to just waste an evening cloaking and running up on dudes so I can unlock some more.

Oh yeah, joining that Marvin faction asap

I still don't get why they're pushing live fire maps so much, what the gently caress is the point of titanfall without titans :rolleyes:

e] they're not gonna ever add that are they :(

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 19, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Live fire pass

Not Frontier Defense 2.0 pass

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm glad they're putting forth some effort and trying to show that it's not abandoned but lol they're terrible at allocating their resources

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I'm glad they're putting forth some effort and trying to show that it's not abandoned but lol they're terrible at allocating their resources

glad to see your new av is more representative of your gaming tastes

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ffxiv is a fun game if not a bit cringy at times

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://s1.webmshare.com/0rMMe.webm

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

ffxiv is a fun game if not a bit cringy at times

i agree

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://starcraft.com/en-us/articles/20674424

starcraft 1 is now free

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
so who wants to play some starcraft

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
poo poo i dont think I've played it in 15 years

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
:effort:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just gonna wait for the HD version

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i cant be bothered to try playing rts anymore, my apms would be way below par

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i have fond memories of going to random games like twice on battlenet and getting destroyed by protoss carriers like 2 minutes into a match by koreans

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Have some good memories of playing Starcraft 1. That said, games last way too long and are stressful as gently caress.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah there's basically no point in playing competitive modes in RTS games unless you can dedicate like 3 hours a night to it. Starcraft had a ton of fun gimmick maps, though. I liked the RPG ones where you level your little dude.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think at one point all I played was the custom maps. Some of them were actually pretty well done. I remember there was a Starship Troopers one where you just fended off hoards of zerg, was really fun

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

The arena style ones where you pick a group and do limited battles against each other are cool

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Starship troopers was my favorite one as well. Real time sink though, that map could go on several hours. There was another one like that but resident evil that I also liked

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Capn Beeb posted:

Live fire pass

Not Frontier Defense 2.0 pass

Something's in consideration, maybe on the may update with the Ronin and tone prime Titans.

quote:

Gamemode: Co-op Bounty Hunt

“Kill all enemy waves.”

Frontier Defense without a defense objective?

Seems like it’ll be about as harsh with enemy waves, includes resupply lockers and deployable unlocks; maybe the Engineer class equipment will finally get used?

Confusingly, there is data such as “money earned for a player Pilot/Titan Kill”

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I only played it a couple of times, but I enjoyed the version the AF used for lieutenant PME, where they reskinned everything into different airplanes. :)

Edit: Starcraft

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
You've had too many rape incidents, spawn more cords

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:lol:

It was before all that nonsense. F-22s and AWACS and poo poo. It was fun, which is probably why it didn't last long.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
there was this old turnbased game, Strike COmmander II which was really cool

it had like every plane post WWII and you just zoomed around and bombed sites and did engagements and stuff. I wish there were more games like that

like I wish there was just an air version of harpoon, or hell I might be willing to try harpoon again but I don't think it's easy to come by or maybe its just expensive, I haven't looked in awhile

edit: It wasn't strike commander II that never existed, I'm mixing up titles, off to mobygames to try and remember it

edit2: Flight Commander II

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 19, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Strike Commander loving owned.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Godholio posted:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Godholio posted:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
lol starcraft 2 has also been free forever but no one wants that either

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

lol starcraft 2 has also been free forever but no one wants that either

i'm so glad they didn't just shoehorn starcraft HD into starcraft 2

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
pretty sure the koreans have moved on to league and dota or whatever, so the starcraft remaster will be a wet fart

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

there was this old turnbased game, Strike COmmander II which was really cool

it had like every plane post WWII and you just zoomed around and bombed sites and did engagements and stuff. I wish there were more games like that

like I wish there was just an air version of harpoon, or hell I might be willing to try harpoon again but I don't think it's easy to come by or maybe its just expensive, I haven't looked in awhile

edit: It wasn't strike commander II that never existed, I'm mixing up titles, off to mobygames to try and remember it

edit2: Flight Commander II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=craBy-plA8c&t=447s

I play the poo poo out of Command Modern Air Naval Operations but I am a giant nerd and have played wargames for decades. It's really just a big sandbox where you can have scenarios setup with different modern OOBs. Don't expect anything in the way of a narrative or anything.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 19, 2017

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=craBy-plA8c&t=447s

I play the poo poo out of Command Modern Air Naval Operations but I am a giant nerd and have played wargames for decades. It's really just a big sandbox where you can have scenarios setup with different modern OOBs. Don't expect anything in the way of a narrative or anything.

I've been wanting to play that game for ages, but I feel like it's going to be Crusader Kings 2/EU all over again, where I boot it up every six months or so and just give up due to the complexity :(

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
Full Throttle Remaster is out and currently discounted down to 11.99.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Missionary Positron posted:

I've been wanting to play that game for ages, but I feel like it's going to be Crusader Kings 2/EU all over again, where I boot it up every six months or so and just give up due to the complexity :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddhTe4skXdk
Baloogan is a goon who put out a bunch of CMANO videos. His resolution is poo poo in these videos but they are what I watched to get the basics down.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddhTe4skXdk
Baloogan is a goon who put out a bunch of CMANO videos. His resolution is poo poo in these videos but they are what I watched to get the basics down.

Thanks! I'll have a look at those once I have the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

Something's in consideration, maybe on the may update with the Ronin and tone prime Titans.

I want to believe!