Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Every time I hear southerns talk about football I get "rebel rouser" stuck in my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Agag posted:

Supposedly he has a degree in, and was doing grad work in, history. Seems odd then that he'd praise Greece (child-loving backwater), Rome (multicultural cosmopolitan empire) and Byzantium (degenerate multicultural cosmopolitan empire) as examples of white ethno-states. He also told Roland Martin that ancient Egyptians were white, which I'm sure he read somewhere, but that somewhere was the daily stormer, not a classroom.

Also, because I like stating the obvious: the ancient Greeks considered sports to be an essential element of civic life, the Romans had a society that revolved around gladiatorial blood sport, and the Byzantines' favorite pastime was to go watch the races at the hippodrome. They even organized politically according to team colors.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Richard Spencer really has a weird thing with Native Americans...

E: Spencer just said he loves big government. He REALLY doesn't get the south.

Montasque has issued a correction as of 02:35 on Apr 19, 2017

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I like how beardo jumps in when the questions get hard

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol, seriously? where did he study, FuckTard U? like one of the things you learn history is that all ethno nationalists are dumb failsons assholes who lead their countries/states/armies to ruination. also egyptian were either middle eastern or nubian(aka black) depending on the period/dynasty/whatever. then again thats not my area(i dont have one really)

I tend to side with the Angela Nagle view that the alt-right doesn't really have a coherent ideology. Guys like Jeff Sessions are old-fashioned American racists. You have minorities, but you treat them like poo poo and economically exploit them. There is no historical example of a ethnically "pure" monoculture that isn't some tribe living in the middle of nowhere. Plus Spencer has to say he wants to ethnically cleanse American non-violently so he can keep getting booked on TV shows. So why not just wish for infinite wishes.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Montasque posted:

Richard Spencer really has a weird thing with Native Americans...

E: Spencer just said he loves big government. He REALLY doesn't get the south.

I wonder if people today think all the Americans who went over to kill Nazis had "woke" political views? Like you can't be some stereotype of a racist Southern hick and ALSO think Nazis are pieces of poo poo.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Richard Spencer's wife is Russian.

The plot thickens.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Montasque posted:

Richard Spencer's wife is Russian.

The plot thickens.

That's why he's always banging on about "Byzantium." He's into the Orthodox "Moscow is the third Rome" argument. Just please ignore all the Middle Eastern and North African Orthodox Christians.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i like the proud southern man

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Richard Spencer: Big Tulsi Gabbard backer.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

diversity is pretty good, i thought. but now i realize i was wrong.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Agag posted:

I tend to side with the Angela Nagle view that the alt-right doesn't really have a coherent ideology. Guys like Jeff Sessions are old-fashioned American racists. You have minorities, but you treat them like poo poo and economically exploit them. There is no historical example of a ethnically "pure" monoculture that isn't some tribe living in the middle of nowhere. Plus Spencer has to say he wants to ethnically cleanse American non-violently so he can keep getting booked on TV shows. So why not just wish for infinite wishes.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, I highly recommend reading Fourteen Ways of Looking at a Blackshirt by Umberto Eco as a way to understand the alt-right's particular kind of fascism.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

the dog analogy, timeless. much like the car analogy

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Agag posted:

yeah. sessions and steve king are old fashioned american racists but are smart enough to dog whistle it(well sessions is sorta, king has practically gone full 14 words.) spencer and heimbach are weird dumb race separatists but also ethno nationalists. idk, poo poo like this makes my brain hurt, its like trying to read Dianetics. it clearly all bullshit but their is so much of it that your trying to separate it and find "the meaning" behind it all.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

i feel like this is going to end with the curb your enthusiasm music

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Azathoth posted:

For anyone who hasn't seen it, I highly recommend reading Fourteen Ways of Looking at a Blackshirt by Umberto Eco as a way to understand the alt-right's particular kind of fascism.

drat, I haven't read this classic in years. I think the alt-right ads another layer to this though. Fascism may be inherently irrational and contradictory, but on top of that the alt-right isn't really trying to be fascists, just perform fascism for a largely online audience. So you have an ideology that's based on action over reason, and then you take away the action as well.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

There may have been a scuffle but there are a lot of cops there so nothing even close to approaching Berkeley.

Also Auburn shows that regular folks just don't like Nazis. No one does.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/cjoyner/status/854517981413507072

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

so much for being berkeley 2 electric boogaloo

does this mean they aren't coming for seattle next :ohdear:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

So far it's been pretty peaceful - one fight, two/three arrests and that was earlier in the day.

The storm of people running after Spencer and his crew just followed them and screamed at them. No violence reported.

Spencer will be pissed - he really wanted those Berkeley style headlines.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Now this is how it's done.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

MizPiz posted:

Now this is how it's done.

Spencer insulted football and Jesus in Alabama...

He done hosed up good.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/markb_wsfa/status/854495032384135169

Watch his football comments cause more heat for Spencer than calling for the 'peaceful' genocide of non-whites.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/markb_wsfa/status/854495032384135169

Watch his football comments cause more heat for Spencer than calling for the 'peaceful' genocide of non-whites.

This is like touching the third rail and licking it all at once.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

If Berkeley dealt with Milo the way Auburn dealt with Spencer there would have never been the great LARP battles of 2017.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

https://twitter.com/willmcwill2/status/854506361308168192

:lol: at his loving TL

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/dc_pilots/status/854524697949745152

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

man ya just can't beat em can ya

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/854536528009232385

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lol sure it was spencer

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Montasque posted:

Spencer insulted football and Jesus in Alabama...

The idiocy of this is just breathtaking.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
that matthew heimbach stuff reminds me of that brief period right after the election when neo-nazis were getting fancy puff pieces in major publications with photos like this

it was hosed and scary at the time, pretty funny in hindsight tho

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

"dapper" = white, average build, wearing a fitted suit

loving god drat it media can we not suck off the nazi for this

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

okay but how does all of this spell doom for antifa

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
Didn't Cernovich doxx Matthew Heimbach and reveal he has a jewish wife?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
i can't believe there was any period of time where people were unironically calling pizzaface richard spencer "dapper"

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/SamAWilloughby/status/854518008424878080

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

logikv9 posted:

richard spencer is the best thing to happen to antifa

This is why its important to let idiots speak and say dumb things. Letting Spencer speak probably did more to undermine the alt-right than a score of dumb masked antifas could ever hope to achieve. poo poo like the dumb protests at the Claremont Colleges doesn't help; Auburn letting Spencer make a fool of himself for all to see is what really defuses the nazis.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Nobody would have cared about this if it wasn't for antifa though.

HorseRenoir posted:

i can't believe there was any period of time where people were unironically calling pizzaface richard spencer "dapper"

Mother Jones is just absolute trash now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

yeah if some antifa guys hadn't busted his chops on multiple occasions no one would have the need to feel that he might have something "important but controversial" (or whatever) to say

now everyone knows antifa was just saving people time by shutting up the neo-nazi who can't speak right and is dumb enough to insult college football in the south