Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

VulgarandStupid posted:

Good to see some people are aware of the things they aren't sure about, while others will talk out of their rear end. My assumption was correct that the damage system is more on the simple side, rather than actually programming a more complex damage system. Fake news, etc.

Lol loving goons

Knifegrab posted:

For example the chart claims a kar body shot to a level 3 will kill in three hits (49.5 damage) but its closer to five, which for the kar is a staggering difference.

lmao and this goon posts false information with video evidence contradicting him, that he himself cites

WelpEcho fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Just won a match by faking a guy out. He was hiding behind a tree waiting for the zone to flush me out of cover, so I just threw two smoke grenades, two flash grenades, and then finally threw a frag grenade. He thought I was just trying to spook him with smokes and stuns, but he didn't move after I beaned him in the head with a frag grenade.

I desperately want a first person locked mode so that info gathering is dangerous and actually comes with a risk-reward. As nice as it is being able to see around corners and poo poo taller than me, I really don't like it being used against me in turn.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

VulgarandStupid posted:

It's not 3 or 5, its 4...

But yea, looks like damage values are going to change soon.

Meant four but my brain is bad. It actually means if you somehow know someone is armored in tier 3 and cannot shoot heads, you should aim for the limbs to do more damage.

ItheWelp87 posted:

Lol loving goons

lmao and this goon posts false information with video evidence contradicting him, that he himself cites

:nallears:

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 19, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

Doesn't appear to exist on the marketplace.

I guess the word i was looking for was Khaki

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

SMGs seem really, really good for clearing buildings in third person. They are unwieldy as hell in first person but an unmodded, zoomed SMG in third person just shreds. Literally just started a match with 4 kills in the first 5 minutes using a bone stock Uzi.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

rap music posted:

SMGs seem really, really good for clearing buildings in third person. They are unwieldy as hell in first person but an unmodded, zoomed SMG in third person just shreds. Literally just started a match with 4 kills in the first 5 minutes using a bone stock Uzi.

I would argue that a suppressed UMP with a red dot and angled foregrip is the most useful gun overall in the game.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

rap music posted:

The unfortunate downside is that the ttk skyrockets the second you run into anyone with armor while the shotgun remains a doomcannon against virtually every opponent.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

I would argue that a suppressed UMP with a red dot and angled foregrip is the most useful gun overall in the game.

SMGs are definitely more useful than people think, but I'm pretty sure if you had to pick only one gun configuration to get and use for every game, a suppressed M16 with a 4x scope would be the best choice by a pretty wide margin

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Russian Remoulade posted:

The unfortunate downside is that the ttk skyrockets the second you run into anyone with armor while the shotgun remains a doomcannon against virtually every opponent.

As god intended.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I have no gripes with weapon balance at this time. Also thanks to whoever posted that FPSrussia video earlier, I had forgotten about that guy. I wonder what really happened to him?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I wish grenades and other throwable weapons weren't so goddamn clumsy and slow to use and impossible to actually hit anyone with. Stun grenades especially seem completely useless.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Added a supposedly more correct damage chart to the OP.

The more I compare any of these damage charts againt the video that Knifegrab posted, the more I'm lead to believe that there is a friendly fire damage reduction.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 19, 2017

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

LGD posted:

SMGs are definitely more useful than people think, but I'm pretty sure if you had to pick only one gun configuration to get and use for every game, a suppressed M16 with a 4x scope would be the best choice by a pretty wide margin

Suppressed M16 w/a 4x is a game winner. Easily the most versatile rifle.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I really really like the m416 with a suppressor/compensator and vertical foregrip with a 4x. Great for surprise closeups on auto and great for long range sniping

I have never had it and the m16 at the same time to compare though

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
What was the default key for holding your breath while scoped? I thought it was shift, but since I rebound my keys I can't get it to work anymore... I've tried shift, I've tried my new sprint hotkey (spacebar), I've tried a bunch of things but none of it works.

[edit] Did some Googling and apparently it's hardcoded to be bound to left shift, so you can't change it (yet). That's annoying.

Aranan fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 19, 2017

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
One thing this game needs to take from ARMA is the ability to bind several keys to the same function. I like having freelook on Left Alt as well as on my extra mouse buttons, ditto for firing mode.

Perhaps this can be done through some config edits?

revolther
May 27, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

e: also the gas masks are entirely cosmetic
Gas masks reduce damage taken outside of the blue region. Not sure if the unlockable clothing ones do but the lootable ones.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Yeah just ran across someone running faster than a car and found a video thats similar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekrXxoXS8sM

Raged fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 19, 2017

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Raged posted:

Yeah just ran across someone running faster than a car and found a video thats similar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekrXxoXS8sM

So far I really feel like I've barley run into anyone suspicious, and god I hope it doesn't get worse before they implement any serious anti-cheat protections (there is no serverside reg right now)

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
They need to do something quick. The last three days seems to have an explosion of cheats pop up for sale. Some of them for the low low price of 10 pounds a week. gently caress that's nuts

Raged fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 19, 2017

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
lol someone found a disgusting glitch, exploit it quickly before it gets patched if you're into that sort of thing I guess (i'm not! but goons gonna goon, of course) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClvA22z5z8s

Raged posted:

They need to do something quick. The last three days seems to have an explosion of cheats pop up for sale.

They said they do ban waves so it will probably take a few days.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

revolther posted:

Gas masks reduce damage taken outside of the blue region. Not sure if the unlockable clothing ones do but the lootable ones.

source your proof please because all evidence i've seen points to it being purely cosmetic.

i've been killed by a hacker once about a week ago, all of a sudden me and my duo partner fall dead instantly to one dude's m16 at exactly the same time when we were quite far apart, through helmet/body armour etc.

no idea if it was aimbot or teleport+aimbot or whatever it was over before you even knew

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Oh hackers definitely explain my games from last night, I assumed it was all due to desync but dying suddenly makes more sense now

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

spoilers it probably wasnt hackers

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
spoilers it was

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlc3PAsg6oc

This is exactly the kind of dumb fun we love.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
spoiler your spoilers tia

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I really really like the m416 with a suppressor/compensator and vertical foregrip with a 4x. Great for surprise closeups on auto and great for long range sniping

I have never had it and the m16 at the same time to compare though

Yeah, I can't quite decide yet whether I prefer a modded-out M416 or a regular M16. Unmodded the M16 probably wins out, but a foregrip and a stock seem to make a big difference to the M416.

The only thing I do know for sure is that I hate the SCAR and avoid it whenever I can. :v:

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Shooting Blanks posted:

Just how poorly optimized is this game? i7 2600k, HD 7950, 8GB RAM (yes it's time to upgrade, I know). Should I even attempt it, or no?

You have that sucker overclocked? I have the same CPU running at 4.4GHz. Paired with a 970 + 16GB RAM, I get pretty decent performance (1080p: 50-70fps) on medium/high (apart from the same frame drops in places that people with octacores and 1080tis get).

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
lol there are people on the leaderboard with 31 kills in a round with longest kill being over 2km away.

Yep not cheating at all.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Hey as long as guys can't instantly resurrect, force your character to commit suicide, drop artillery strikes anywhere on the map or teleport every single player into some arbitrary location on the map the game is already above and beyond the standards set by the ARMA engine.

Obviously there's going to be cheating because it's a shooter where people get invested in the game and cheaters can get people to "rage" but I mean, so far the dev team seems to be really on top of poo poo and cautiously optimistic about their ability to keep this game crazy fun. At the very least they give a poo poo, and that's pretty awesome.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

I wish grenades and other throwable weapons weren't so goddamn clumsy and slow to use and impossible to actually hit anyone with. Stun grenades especially seem completely useless.

Hey man, stun grenades have a use in duo/squad games which is loving with your teammates

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

the best way to stop cheating is to retain the 30 dollar pricetag and forgo any kind of ranking system or leaderboard. then the only people you have to worry about are sociopathic russian trust fund kids

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
There's only been 2 instances where I've used stun grenades. One against a guy in a small room and he got hosed up by the double shotgun. The second time was a guy hiding behind a tree who got some hits on me. I threw it and it landed behind the tree and blew up maybe less than a foot to his right and it did jack poo poo to him because he destroyed me when i went to rush him.

I had a friend throw one at me and it turns your screen 100% white and makes your ears ring for around 5 seconds so they are super effective when they work.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I can imagine there being fewer hackers than normal just because there is no audience. You switch servers pretty much every round, you can't see a list of players on the server, there is no global chat for people to haccusate or in any other way give you the attention you sorely need. There isn't even a kill cam. The closest you can get is someone poo poo talking you over local VoIP, if they are close enough and if you haven't disabled VoIP.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I can imagine there being fewer hackers than normal just because there is no audience. You switch servers pretty much every round, you can't see a list of players on the server, there is no global chat for people to haccusate or in any other way give you the attention you sorely need. There isn't even a kill cam. The closest you can get is someone poo poo talking you over local VoIP, if they are close enough and if you haven't disabled VoIP.

I poo poo you not. Most people who use cheat programs actually think they are good.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Raged posted:

I poo poo you not. Most people who use cheat programs actually think they are good.

Which is why it is funny to watch videos of hackers getting dunked on.

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

ASK ME ABOUT MY OPINIONS ON CANCEL CULTURE
Hang on, here. Is there no spectator mode? After I die is that it and I can't watch the rest of the people play? And I can't see who killed me and from where?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Avian Pneumonia posted:

Hang on, here. Is there no spectator mode? After I die is that it and I can't watch the rest of the people play? And I can't see who killed me and from where?

Correct. The only people you can spectate are teammate that are still alive. Pretty sure a spectator mode is meant to be implemented at some point though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The have said that they will put in a kill cam for solo eventually.

• Locked thread