Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

deadgoon posted:

is that happening

is the DSA strong enough to pull that off

the dsa are stupid dreamers who call each other comrades

the US is a two party system and all you can do is take over an existing party right now, and for the left, the democrats are the better option

so take over the democrats like the tea party took over the republicans, except instead of insane crazy people, put in sane ones, like ed balls or the ghost of that 8-year-old girl trump reverse benghazi'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
dem turnout was low in a lot of areas and it's dumb but i think they needed the wakeup call that trump actually wanted to do hosed up poo poo with immigration and wants to cut young people's financial aid and all the bad things so i expect to see greater dem turnout and lower rep turnout because he didn't locker her up or build the wall and he is starting wars and obamacare is here to stay.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

I got a little nauseous just reading that

how can you wander into that pit of howling insanity

why would you

i stave off my suicidal urges by watching other people kill themselves in a single thread on a dead gay comedy forum

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

deadgoon posted:

i remember the 90s

i sure was wrong about everything

not me everything sucked then and i figured life would keep on suckin' and then 9/11 happened and welp

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Augus posted:

senior officials dying is good and cool so yeah

:unsmigghh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

eonwe posted:

im fine with the results, this isnt good news for republicans outside souther shitholes

the runoff is good and cool because the republicans might still lose, so no, this is not a very desirable result by any measure

e: for them I mean

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Lol looks like the black specter of death and despair wins again! Yippeee!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I have to wonder if the "big win tonight!" narrative is a genuinely-felt belief or just posturing.
Wait it's Trump, of course it's genuine lol

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
"Big" "win" "tonight"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Duscat posted:

so take over the democrats like the tea party took over the republicans, except instead of insane crazy people, put in sane ones, like ed balls or the ghost of that 8-year-old girl trump reverse benghazi'd

thats literally what the DSA wants to do :shrug:

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

i have an idyllic image of life in the late 90s. i was poor as poo poo but generally americans seemed more or less okay. there was optimism. 9/11 was so incredibly brain breaking.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Fidel Castronaut posted:

dem turnout was low in a lot of areas and it's dumb but i think they needed the wakeup call that trump actually wanted to do hosed up poo poo with immigration and wants to cut young people's financial aid and all the bad things so i expect to see greater dem turnout and lower rep turnout because he didn't locker her up or build the wall and he is starting wars and obamacare is here to stay.

the only way trump and reps get out of office is if another recession hits because white people only care about more money and being racist

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

that's where the real money is, mobilizing midterm voters

I doubt very seriously there's anyone else on the republican side to mobilize, they usually turn out in droves for the midterms. If the dems get their poo poo together, actually put in more than a token effort, and get people out en masse they could blow everyone away

Which means of course they'll spend some token money in slightly purple areas and then run a shitload of really terrible centrists without any fanfare lmao

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Al-Saqr posted:

Lol looks like the black specter of death and despair wins again! Yippeee!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

why would you

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

the runoff is good and cool because the republicans might still lose, so no, this is not a very desirable result by any measure

e: for them I mean

seriously, Dude got 48.6% and if the GOP in kansas is any indication there is decent chance the republicans could get pissy and collapse into infighting the moment they think the pressures up.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

deadgoon posted:

is that happening

is the DSA strong enough to pull that off

it will take decades and things getting worse and worse so don't worry eventually we'll get there

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

deadgoon posted:

i remember the 90s

i sure was wrong about everything

actually it turned out the generation before ours didn't give a poo poo about anyone and accepted society was a complete capitalist lie so

I mean I guess Aeon Flux wasn't very good past Liquid TV? That's the main thing I did wrong

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Chokes McGee posted:

why would you

I just read the last page

I didn't want to go to bed with a headache but Jesus Christ

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

I mean...when was this ever not suspicious?

:smith: god damnit

they were checking to see if it was a potential suicide. Like you can't put it on blast and have everyone all turned up and throw a huge spotlight on the family when it turns out someone was just struggling with mental issues

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Phone posted:

I just read the last page

I didn't want to go to bed with a headache but Jesus Christ

I get a migraine just reading day crew in the morning and I like them

(mostly)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Maybe when the olds are people who had iPhones when they were young we'll finally have liberal economic policy?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

that's where the real money is, mobilizing midterm voters

I doubt very seriously there's anyone else on the republican side to mobilize, they usually turn out in droves for the midterms. If the dems get their poo poo together, actually put in more than a token effort, and get people out en masse they could blow everyone away

Which means of course they'll spend some token money in slightly purple areas and then run a shitload of really terrible centrists without any fanfare lmao

it's a great opportunity because clinton is gone and the "they go low, we go high" mentality is over and we can build momentum around progressive candidates and not get dragged down by one major candidate with zero charisma bringing down the downticket.

i plan to do some canvassing and get involved as we get closer. the party has its best chance to change into something that isn't complete poo poo but maybe just mostly or partially poo poo.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Fidel Castronaut posted:

it's a great opportunity because clinton is gone and the "they go low, we go high" mentality is over and we can build momentum around progressive candidates and not get dragged down by one major candidate with zero charisma bringing down the downticket.

i plan to do some canvassing and get involved as we get closer. the party has its best chance to change into something that isn't complete poo poo but maybe just mostly or partially poo poo.

or we can go outside and flatten the republican suburbs with what I don't know maybe a giant imaginary foot

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Did the Repub political machine swing the GA election yet? any sudden votes or mysterious changes occur in their favor? :iia:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fidel Castronaut posted:

lol at doing something that's not posting or drinking

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

BeOSPOS posted:

Did the Repub political machine swing the GA election yet? any sudden votes or mysterious changes occur in their favor? :iia:

Yes.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

BeOSPOS posted:

that one wisconsin county hasn't reported in

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Democide is the only answer.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
sure are a lot of cute girls in weird costumes

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BeOSPOS posted:

Ossoff was above 50 and then a malfunction happened and he dropped below 50 lol

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

are the american shows caught up with the japanese ones or is there a lag or are the american ones doing their own thing? i have expectations of you if you're going to post all these gifs to be the forums historian of power rangers

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

deadgoon posted:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Uncle Wemus posted:

is the right-wing thing just to declare yourself the winner no matter what?

Yes, and then the liberal thing to do is believe them and go "lol nothing matters" and give up.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

deadgoon posted:

japan.txt

... except for the parts where it's depressing and everyone wants to curl up and expire in a dying country

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

PostNouveau posted:

Yes, and then the liberal thing to do is believe them and go "lol nothing matters" and give up.

lol look at this nerd who believes in matter

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Wemus posted:

that one wisconsin county hasn't reported in

Augus posted:

Ossoff was above 50 and then a malfunction happened and he dropped below 50 lol

what are the odds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Duscat posted:

the dsa are stupid dreamers who call each other comrades

the US is a two party system and all you can do is take over an existing party right now, and for the left, the democrats are the better option

can confirm they literally address everyone as comrades in emails and its creepy as hell

• Locked thread