Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I was a bit surprised to find out Olive's LB was a true 5 hit attack, as in, deals 999x5 damage in Arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Evil Fluffy posted:

lol

Fryevia can (in theory) deal more damage than Olive* as a finisher, though it's some BiS and perfectly timed chaining stuff. Meanwhile Trance Terra might be the #1 mage but she's still only a mage.

I'm probably going to run Kefka/Kefka/Kefka/Terra/IDK and eventual Trance Terra whale buddies for the event. The filler unit can be my imperil slave so that I can hopefully just one round everything like in other farming events.

* True shot, not LB since Olive's LB is bonkers and if you manage to land all the hits during a max bonus DR chain good lord that damage.

But Trance Terra looks cool and is from the best FF game, so she wins.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

PaybackJack posted:

I'm also all outta Rainbow Blooms. Got 20+ of everything else.

My stock of Holy and Sacred Crystals is getting low(<10) as well. Every day I've been dropping 100 lapis for a refresh just to run 2-3 units through the adv trial and it's eaten into my stash.

Since I got Refia this morning I'm in a rush for holy crystals.

You doing the Adv awakening dungeon?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Everybody is bitching and complaining about Celes not getting upgraded when we've all forgotten the real travesty...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cartoon Man posted:

Everybody is bitching and complaining about Celes not getting upgraded when we've all forgotten the real travesty...

I first tried this game out during the event with Magitek Terra on an old phone, but never linked it to my facebook or anything, so I lost her when I got rid of that phone :(

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Cartoon Man posted:

I won't be satisfied until I can run a team of 6* Terras, Trance Terras and Magitek Terras.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Is there a trick I'm missing to grinding Dark Espers Advance for exp? I keep overshooting on Ifrit but not killing him and that's GG.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hagie posted:

Since I got Refia this morning I'm in a rush for holy crystals.

You doing the Adv awakening dungeon?

Nah, usually the King Mog event will sell some so I'm not going to waste my time on trying to farm the Vortex unless I really need the mats for someone.

CyberLord XP posted:

Is there a trick I'm missing to grinding Dark Espers Advance for exp? I keep overshooting on Ifrit but not killing him and that's GG.

Take an Orlandu with 910+ ATK or an Olive buddy with 1100+ ATK, use the unit you're grinding with an esper that has dispel. Use that unit to cast dispel on Ifrit, then use Divine Ruination or True Shot which will OHKO him. Then do the same on Siren. If you're using an Olive you can click the repeat button since her mortar will hit and weaken the boss enough that True Shot without dispel will kill her, but you still need to dispel first if using Orlandu.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

It took me to today to realize I could just make a macro to automate crafting all those egg accessories. Dammit.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

PaybackJack posted:

Take an Orlandu with 910+ ATK or an Olive buddy with 1100+ ATK, use the unit you're grinding with an esper that has dispel. Use that unit to cast dispel on Ifrit, then use Divine Ruination or True Shot which will OHKO him. Then do the same on Siren. If you're using an Olive you can click the repeat button since her mortar will hit and weaken the boss enough that True Shot without dispel will kill her, but you still need to dispel first if using Orlandu.

Thanks for this!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I was running my egg summon macro, and I let it run too long and I found out that it can go off the rails and go into other summon screens when it runs out of eggs.

It went into the egg hunters banner and bought me a 10 pull.

I got a second Fryevia.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

ZarathustraFollower posted:

It took me to today to realize I could just make a macro to automate crafting all those egg accessories. Dammit.

Macroing the crafting saved my sanity a few days ago, and is doing so again now that I'm using up the 5000 red/blue eggs for Equipment Trophy/selling the great/chocolate eggs.

NinjaDebugger posted:

I was running my egg summon macro, and I let it run too long and I found out that it can go off the rails and go into other summon screens when it runs out of eggs.

It went into the egg hunters banner and bought me a 10 pull.

I got a second Fryevia.

I hate you. Also dual wield needle time?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

I hate you. Also dual wield needle time?

Yes, though on Lasswell. And I still have 17 more of her loving moogle.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Yes, though on Lasswell. And I still have 17 more of her loving moogle.

Don't you have Noctis? Because dual needles for his hybrid damage would be good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i can't decide if i want to try and pull for setzer or not since my pulls lately have been outrageous and i still need to macro up my olive who is only at 700~ attack at the moment and doesn't have sparky. plus i only have 10 tickets built back up. ON THE OTHER HAND, i love ff6. ON THE OTHER HAND i only have like 4k lapis. :ohdear:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I am trying to decide if I want to regear Lightning for Damage, and make Noctis the dodge-person.

Noctis 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Kiyomori +79ATK +10%Evade
Left Hand: Swordbreaker +43ATK+5%Evasion
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 1: Twenty-sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Accessory 2: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Discernment +100% All Status Resistance
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Odin HP:5450 MP:3955 ATK:6250 DEF:4310 MAG:2075 SPR:2270
Total Stats: HP: 4969 MP: 325 ATK: 616 DEF: 291 MAG: 266 SPR: 216

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

EDIT: The FF6 event has sparked in me a desire to yet again replay FF6, but it just makes me sad that the official "graphics upgrade" of the game looks like such poo poo, while this game has good updated sprites for FF6.

Oh, this argument again. Great.

Anyway, I'm done with eggs, got multiple copies of all the stuff one can make multiples of, and two purecrysts for Lightning.

Still no Xon, burned a ticket a little while back, and got a Marie, so that's nice I guess. Got me a maxed out Terra and Kefka with two backup Kefkas, I only wish Celeste was here to see how many fish I'm gonna get.

Macro talk: Nox for MacOS sucks, and crashes when you try to open the starburst settings menu to adjust things like the resolution. No built in macro controls, either.

Running Nox inside Parallels running Windows 10 makes my MacBook useless for anything else, and I like to use it for stuff that isn't grinding TMs sometimes?

I haven't tried setting up a Wine wrapper for Nox just yet, but what have figured out is Switch Controls on iOS.

First, every guide you can find on YouTube or Reddit leaves some kind of important steps out, which is why it took me so long to get this thing going.

Got me an easy 2-press Earth Shrine TM macro going, which doesn't spend Lapis. It seems to be going pretty well so far. It's similar to a wind up toy in that it can bank executions in the phone's buffer, idly tapping it during a commercial break lets it run on its own for the better part of an hour. Sure, it doesn't run when you stop tapping because you're asleep, but it requires minimal supervision and is super easy to set up.

I will maybe switch from Ling to Orlandeu or a dodgetank Lightning when I have crafted the appropriate TM gear.

If there is interest, I can write up a detailed how-to for iOS folks who want to macro on their iDevices that can be stuck in the OP or something.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

PaybackJack posted:

Did they nerf the trial or something? I took a whale Orlandu the other day with 1000+ ATK and a DR only took 1/10th of health off of dispelled Ifrit. My whole team couldn't do it. :(

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

I'm talking the 10 NRG version. Are you trying the 40 NRG fight?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

I am trying to decide if I want to regear Lightning for Damage, and make Noctis the dodge-person.

Noctis 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Kiyomori +79ATK +10%Evade
Left Hand: Swordbreaker +43ATK+5%Evasion
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Brave Suit +51DEF+15%ATK+15%MAG
Accessory 1: Twenty-sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Accessory 2: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Discernment +100% All Status Resistance
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Odin HP:5450 MP:3955 ATK:6250 DEF:4310 MAG:2075 SPR:2270
Total Stats: HP: 4969 MP: 325 ATK: 616 DEF: 291 MAG: 266 SPR: 216

There's just something in me that makes me really sad at seeing a 616 attack Noctis.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Japan is getting Nier Automata raid event collaboration.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/668obi/jp_maintenance_nier_collab_pickupraid_event_421/

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Oh....oh no. Please don't, I don't want to literally spend $1,000 to get 2B :ohdear:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Don't you have Noctis? Because dual needles for his hybrid damage would be good.

I do, but he's garbage in arena right now, and Lasswell dishes out 4,000 damage per round before chain bonuses.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Crafted Equipments

[Katana] +105 ATK & Black Contract:
+% All Stats buff when below a certain % HP.
[Sword] +62 ATK & +% Crit Chance
[Helm] +30 DEF +15% MAG

:eyepop:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
"Man this cold has been really getting to me, what'd I miss? Oh we're collecting dump trucks of fish for Cid, and wh-"
Oh man, I'm so glad they actually did it. Now to play the long con and wait till Winter... Unless it comes in two weeks with big nerfs.

Also, the choice of characters: 2B! 9S! Adam! And... 21O? Huh? Ok operators are probably the best fodder characters to use here and the rest of the cast is too important but the lack of A2 is really noticeable.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Don't forget today is the last day to get eggs.

:douche:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

HGH posted:

"Man this cold has been really getting to me, what'd I miss? Oh we're collecting dump trucks of fish for Cid, and wh-"

Oh man, I'm so glad they actually did it. Now to play the long con and wait till Winter... Unless it comes in two weeks with big nerfs.

Also, the choice of characters: 2B! 9S! Adam! And... 21O? Huh? Ok operators are probably the best fodder characters to use here and the rest of the cast is too important but the lack of A2 is really noticeable.

6O would have been a better choice! Then they could have had the excuse to make her a monk type character too :shepface:

I hope we get it soon.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
No Xon for me I guess.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So Gau's TM is basically Meteor in ability form that you can never dualcast?

:frogout:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

No Xon for me I guess.

He isn't a limited time unit. You could pull one in the future.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im in the middle of nowhere with very poo poo and expensive internet so I spent a a month without being able to log in and now most of my whale friends have abandon me :smith:

Also I accidentally used my 4* ticket and pulled a Hope when I had already pulled a xon. I was saving it for Rikku's banner double :smith:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im in the middle of nowhere with very poo poo and expensive internet so I spent a a month without being able to log in and now most of my whale friends have abandon me :smith:

Also I accidentally used my 4* ticket and pulled a Hope when I had already pulled a xon. I was saving it for Rikku's banner double :smith:

I cleared out a spot for you, send me an invite with something goony in your message.

The problem is the friend list is capped at 120 and there are not enough slots. Gumi has acknowledged it's an issue and is working on increasing it, but who knows when.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I know about the lovely friend list thing. I was honestly thinking they were going to have commercial internet in this junk when I got here but the contracts fell apart so I was stranded with just military internet for a month. I was finally able to leave the AO to get some lovely wireless contract here.

But man the hope 4* ticket really stings. That and WoL/Tilith not having their 6*s yet.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

So Gau's TM is basically Meteor in ability form that you can never dualcast?

:frogout:

If it's like Sunbeam then it could be affected by Dual Wield which would be even better. Unless it uses MAG as it's attack stat in which case :frogout:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The friend point summon bonus also goes away tonight along with the eggs.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

I was looking forward to this and when it finally arrived I was like "eh, I don't need the exp anymore."

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

I can finally get back to hoarding Killer TMRs.

FYI, there's a Dragon Killer+ recipe in JP that requires 2x Dragon Killers to craft. I'm sure we'll see other ones follow suit. So start farming up those FP Killer TMRs!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I can finally get back to hoarding Killer TMRs.

FYI, there's a Dragon Killer+ recipe in JP that requires 2x Dragon Killers to craft. I'm sure we'll see other ones follow suit. So start farming up those FP Killer TMRs!

Son of a bitch. I have 3 of each and switched to daily gold from friends because I was tired of summoning friend units.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Cao Ni Ma posted:

But man the hope 4* ticket really stings. That and WoL/Tilith not having their 6*s yet.

I can't remember exactly, but mine may have been a Vanille.

Is it just me or are the spawn fights for Fire Shrine really slow? I do not have Diabolos attached to Reduced Encounter, nor do I have a charm bangle, but I can run around and get all the farm points and only do like 2 or 3 battles...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Should you pull?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/66bb43/defianthermits_should_you_pull_final_fantasy_vi/

Hell yes, go get your own Setzer and hope for a double T.

Setzer in action:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rnd2a7Nyas

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 19, 2017

• Locked thread