Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

wait a sec, how did May not get killed when she smashed that terrigen crystal? How could she even hold it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

double nine posted:

wait a sec, how did May not get killed when she smashed that terrigen crystal? How could she even hold it?

Because it was pure terrigen/not laced with diviner metal.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Next season's OP should include a big disclaimer.

:siren:PURE TERRIGEN DOES NOT HURT REGULAR HUMANS:siren:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
If it did, the world would be completely depopulated because of the use of fish oil and fish in diets.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Because it was pure terrigen/not laced with diviner metal.

I thought it looked like the diviner stuff but I'm probably mixing up these very distinct looking crystal thingies.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

double nine posted:

I thought it looked like the diviner stuff but I'm probably mixing up these very distinct looking crystal thingies.

diviner-infused crystals had very distinct silver/black metal running through them.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Chokes McGee posted:

THAT'S NOT HER NAME

I think it is in the Framework, though?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OB_Juan posted:

It's a Yes/No thing. It's Skye in the Framework, but now that Daisy's actually in the Framework, it's also Daisy. Basically, it's Daisy to anyone who didn't know her in the Framework, and Skye to those who did.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

No, this is still not how pure terrigen works.

Dammit, you all are right.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Skyesys biggest regret in the framework would've been nobody knows her name

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dreylad posted:

The big cast reunion does feel like they're doing this just before the show gets canned, not that they would know about it when writing and shooting these episodes.

it's not getting canceled we do this literally every season :ughh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

OB_Juan posted:

unrelated but I'm disappointed May didn't say that while juiced up on Hyde drugs :smith:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Chokes McGee posted:

I've normally been fairly bullish on the show's survival, but there are three things against it at the moment.
1: it's expensive, Ghost Riders and Quake effects are not cheap, which is okay if the show is a ratings juggernaut however,
2: it's L+1 ratings are not good. It's one of the lowest rated shows on ABC's slate. Yes, it's doing better than what was there before, and yes the time shifted numbers help a lot but there's room for improvement so there's a chance that
3: new brass at ABC want to put their stamp on the schedule. It's like a sports team, new management always wants to sink or swim with "their guys". Sherwood isn't going to be as wedded to keeping AoS running like Paul Lee might've been. If there's a pilot that catch Sherwood's eye it might get the nod over Shield.

I'm not saying the show is doomed, the ratings have been ticking up the past two weeks, but it would not be a big shock if they don't renew it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

double nine posted:

Terrigen crystals in their pure form are just blue crystals made by the Kree and then re-made my Radcliffe.

The After Life's crystals were flawed and had traces of the diviner metal which killed humans in them. They probably could have fixed that since Radcliffe did, but they didn't want to because they were basically genocidal.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

STAC Goat posted:

Terrigen crystals in their pure form are just blue crystals made by the Kree and then re-made my Radcliffe.

The After Life's crystals were flawed and had traces of the diviner metal which killed humans in them. They probably could have fixed that since Radcliffe did, but they didn't want to because they were basically genocidal.

Yeah as far as they were concerned that was a bonus feature, not something to be fixed.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Man, I literally can't remember what the diviners even were, what they were for, and why they kill humans.

I need to rewatch the earlier seasons of this show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They were the original metal cases that Hydra/SHIELD found during WWII, the Absorbing Man stole, and Daisy and Reina got their powers from and Tripp died from. They were setup by the Kree as a kind of security/beacon device or something, which is why it being opened brought Lady Sif and the Kree soldier to Earth.

But yeah, that was a long time ago. I mean, back when Lady Sif still showed up.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Cloak and Dagger trailer is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZFc3FzK344

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

howe_sam posted:

I've normally been fairly bullish on the show's survival, but there are three things against it at the moment.
1: it's expensive, Ghost Riders and Quake effects are not cheap, which is okay if the show is a ratings juggernaut however,
2: it's L+1 ratings are not good. It's one of the lowest rated shows on ABC's slate. Yes, it's doing better than what was there before, and yes the time shifted numbers help a lot but there's room for improvement so there's a chance that
3: new brass at ABC want to put their stamp on the schedule. It's like a sports team, new management always wants to sink or swim with "their guys". Sherwood isn't going to be as wedded to keeping AoS running like Paul Lee might've been. If there's a pilot that catch Sherwood's eye it might get the nod over Shield.

I'm not saying the show is doomed, the ratings have been ticking up the past two weeks, but it would not be a big shock if they don't renew it.

nah they can't cancel i done a toxx

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Big fan of the characters and premise of Cloak and Dagger. It's a shame they never really got a great run in the comics. This looks great though and hopefully leads to Marvel putting out a new series with them.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

BSam posted:

nah they can't cancel i done a toxx

Oh, well in that case I take it all back. :)

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Huh, I'll give it a shot. A little heavy on the teen angst, but at least it seems like these teens got something to be angsty about.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

kayakyakr posted:

Huh, I'll give it a shot. A little heavy on the teen angst, but at least it seems like these teens got something to be angsty about.

Well in the comics they're about as angsty as it gets, so that's pretty true to the source.

I think it's interesting they gave both of them parents, I wonder how long that will last.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Cloak and Dagger basically are "teen angst" so it would seem like a silly complaint to make. And most of that trailer is clearly pilot/pre powers stuff so who knows how it will play out? It looks (as it literal look) good.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm hoping that The Superior is gonna be the MCU version of M.O.D.O.K. because M.O.D.O.K. is hella silly but also would be a good fit this way.

Chokes McGee posted:

I know, right? What ever happened to that Barry Convex guy? I need to know; Is S.H.I.E.L.D. Gone?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

They were the original metal cases that Hydra/SHIELD found during WWII, the Absorbing Man stole, and Daisy and Reina got their powers from and Tripp died from. They were setup by the Kree as a kind of security/beacon device or something, which is why it being opened brought Lady Sif and the Kree soldier to Earth.

But yeah, that was a long time ago. I mean, back when Lady Sif still showed up.

Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me - "we rigged a booby trap to stop anyone who isn't inhuman getting hold of the stuff that is of no use to people who are not inhuman"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me - "we rigged a booby trap to stop anyone who isn't inhuman getting hold of the stuff that is of no use to people who are not inhuman"

Well they apparently had a finite amount of it and wanted it protected as there was only like 10 or 12 of them I think.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And weren't the Kree basically trying to engineer a loyal slave race? So they had no use for de-powered slaves who ultimately revolted against them and drove them off Earth.

I think. I really don't remember this stuff that clearly because it was doled out really slowly between the TAHITI stuff and the Hive stuff.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Im really curious how/if they connect the Inhumans mini-series to the pre-established MCU mythology. Was the Royal Family aware of Hive and (old)Hydra? Stuff like that.

I'll be disappointed if they ignore it all completely.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My memory of the basic Royal Family stuff from the comics is that they fled the Kree and humans and went into solitude for generations. So it would make sense to follow that and present them as a society that's been in hiding since the day of the Kree and Hive's first go around and are drawn back by Hive's return and the rise of the Inhumans.

But who knows? They might just be a family in Chicago pretending to be human or something.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

STAC Goat posted:

But who knows? They might just be a family in Chicago pretending to be human or something.

Scott BUCK :argh:

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

They really shouldn't have put B.J. Britt's name in the credits. And when they showed "With Jason Mara", I knew Mace wouldn't make it out. Here's hoping there's a backup of his mind somewhere, and that they can download it into an LMD.

"Follow me, and try not to shoot me..." was a great line!

Also, while I'm happy to see Ward and Trip and even Bakshi back, it just makes me extra sad that we can't have John Garrett back. :smith:

Other than the most hardcore of fans, most people wouldn't have recognised the actor's name. He was last on the show over 2 years ago and it's no like he is a household name or anything. I've been watching the show since day one and I had barely registered the character only a second before someone said his name in the episode.
The dude doesn't even have a wikipedia page except in Italian for some reason.

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 20, 2017

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 4, Episode 18: No Regrets

http://i.imgur.com/vxnJKZm.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/MIZYAlC.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/77tvkUf.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/F9XDJuf.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/N55xouC.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/3TxAxxq.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/XI6XAms.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/6TVzzZ1.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/YcPFT5c.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/ylbyjXH.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/NqtKXQ7.gifv

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Man, that actually got to me a little. :smith: Rest in peace, Mace. You turned out to have the right stuff after all.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay but like

what if Mace's greatest regret wasn't that he never had super powers

what if his regret was that he never really saved someone

and that's why it's so disturbingly and poetically similar to the whole situation where he allegedly "saved" someone before?

what if Mace was always fated to die in the Framework?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Didn't Aida say specifically she didn't program powers in the framework? Is Daisy gonna break out of the cocoon and try to cause an earthquake and have nothing happen?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

PunkBoy posted:

Season 4, Episode 18: No Regrets

http://i.imgur.com/N55xouC.gifv

Snarling, roided-out May made me laugh hard. I'd pay actual money to see the outtakes from this scene.

Poetic Justice posted:

Didn't Aida say specifically she didn't program powers in the framework? Is Daisy gonna break out of the cocoon and try to cause an earthquake and have nothing happen?

It'd be great if she turned into a walking GPF.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I was sold 100 percent on Mace after his helmet line a while back.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Can terrigen bring back an Inhuman back from the dead :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
RIP Mace. Don't you know that if you die in the game you die for real?

• Locked thread