Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rovert I gotta say you really poorly worded your post and it's understandable why people took it the way they did.

The conversation/back and forth was mostly civil and people largely weren't making kneejerk reactions, and were explaining clearly why they thought you were wrong even if you say they took the wrong read from what you posted. So maybe try being clearer when you post stuff like that, and just because people are disagreeing with you doesn't mean they're attacking you.

And now that this subject is over:

Karmine posted:

What the gently caress are any of you talking about stop ruining my thread also I agree that these B&V guest Whale Scout hosts have not been great.

It has largely been disappointing, last year's batch was all really good from memory and I was hoping for more of that quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Karmine posted:

What the gently caress are any of you talking about stop ruining my thread also I agree that these B&V guest Whale Scout hosts have not been great.

Last year's were great and most of the last batch were okay, but goodness...Noel absolutely threw his money away. I'd have forgotten about him entirety if it weren't for his constant fumbling with the mic. He chose the episode to be on and didn't contribute a thing whenever they threw to him.

By the end of it, I deleted it and wondering why he even bothered.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ghostpilot posted:

Last year's were great and most of the last batch were okay, but goodness...Noel absolutely threw his money away. I'd have forgotten about him entirety if it weren't for his constant fumbling with the mic. He chose the episode to be on and didn't contribute a thing whenever they threw to him.

Was Noel the guy who was at the Nitro they reviewed with Goldberg/Big Bubba Rogers, because that I remember being a nothing episode from the special guest despite there being every reason for it to be big contributions.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Was Noel the guy who was at the Nitro they reviewed with Goldberg/Big Bubba Rogers, because that I remember being a nothing episode from the special guest despite there being every reason for it to be big contributions.

No that was Will iirc

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I have listened to about two hours of the most recent Between the Sheets podcast. I previously hadn't tried it because of the length of each episode. I'm actually enjoying it so far; it's an interesting way to look back to wrestling' history and recap what was going on.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ghostpilot posted:

Noel' plugged his fundraising site, which looks like it's made back the Whalescout donation already so...

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Karmine posted:

Maybe if somebody with podcasting experience donated...

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Rovert I gotta say you really poorly worded your post and it's understandable why people took it the way they did.

The conversation/back and forth was mostly civil and people largely weren't making kneejerk reactions, and were explaining clearly why they thought you were wrong even if you say they took the wrong read from what you posted. So maybe try being clearer when you post stuff like that, and just because people are disagreeing with you doesn't mean they're attacking you.

I don't particularly think so. "Whatever having yourself" indicates others are entitled to their POV and that I wasn't so certain.

" just because people are disagreeing with you doesn't mean they're attacking you. "

I never said this. People were attacking me when they were making ad hominem attacks or suggesting I was too dumb to get Dave's stance on the issue(s) when I showed prior evidence that I did. That is somewhat kneejerk. People should think or give me the benefit of the doubt rather than creating the person they'd like to argue with.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

rovert posted:

I don't particularly think so. "Whatever having yourself" indicates others are entitled to their POV and that I wasn't so certain.

" just because people are disagreeing with you doesn't mean they're attacking you. "

I never said this. People were attacking me when they were making ad hominem attacks or suggesting I was too dumb to get Dave's stance on the issue(s) when I showed prior evidence that I did. That is somewhat kneejerk. People should think or give me the benefit of the doubt rather than creating the person they'd like to argue with.
There's a number of people that pointed out what it was about your wording that wasn't clear. Heck, you posited it was an about-face or reaction to the lack of traction the story was getting, then it seems you only meant it was a change in tone, then said you weren't calling it an exception. If it's not an exception to his behavior to this point, what about it is an about-face or change at all? It's not beyond you to play coy or imply instead of outright saying something, so it's not like it's beyond comprehension for people to take what you apparently just meant as "maybe he's changing his tone based on new information, I dunno" as you making an assertion.

On a related note, I so very badly want to hear Bryan talk about Jinder gosh dang Mahal getting a title shot.

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 19, 2017

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Listen to B&V today

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

To clarify: both because Bryan is mad about Jinder, and because it's the episode where Kane choke slams Taker on their mother's skeleton

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it's kind of uncomfortable to me how brian negs craig literally anytime he talks

i mean craig isn't some comedic tour de force or anything but jeez why have him on the show if you're just gonna poo poo on him anytime he talks

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The best guest host this run was the first or second one who was like 6'8" proving that once again, bigger is better in wrestling. :colbert:

I agree though, these ones were like..they were all just kind of there. Which may be better than being offensively bad? I guess if they were hideous we'd at least have something to talk about like "Remember that fucker?"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sleepwalkers posted:

There's a number of people that pointed out what it was about your wording that wasn't clear.

They didn't. If they asked me to clarify I would. Instead others ran away with what they thought I said. Off my own initiative I clarified and some posters still clung on to what they wanted me to say.

sleepwalkers posted:

It's not beyond you to play coy or imply instead of outright saying something, so it's not like it's beyond comprehension for people to take what you apparently just meant as "maybe he's changing his tone based on new information, I dunno" as you making an assertion.

That's a really false reading of me. If I have something to say I say it. When it comes to my opinion I don't play coy.

Let's move on.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

That DICK! posted:

it's kind of uncomfortable to me how brian negs craig literally anytime he talks

i mean craig isn't some comedic tour de force or anything but jeez why have him on the show if you're just gonna poo poo on him anytime he talks

Craig is very rarely funny for the amount of time he interrupts people. Also add to that the underlying tones of racism and I think also sexism, sorry yes I agree kick Craig off the show.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sleepwalkers posted:

On a related note, I so very badly want to hear Bryan talk about Jinder gosh dang Mahal getting a title shot.

The Summer of Khali's title win and elevated liver enzymes was so much fun.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

Craig is very rarely funny for the amount of time he interrupts people. Also add to that the underlying tones of racism and I think also sexism, sorry yes I agree kick Craig off the show.

There's nothing as brutal as a retro show with no Vinny, because Craig is loving terrible at doing the lead talkthrough role

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

That DICK! posted:

craig is bad and bryan constantly burying craig is bad which is why it should just be bryan and vinny

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

At least it's funny when Bryan buries Wang

Retro Monday with B&V&W would be pretty great

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i agree

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
I finally FINALLY got around to listening to the Best of 2016 compilation.

I really cannot wait for the Best of 2017 to just be every single show back to back and last 35436 hours, jesus christ.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Could I get a link to the 2016 best of compilation?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Was Bryan calling Dave Superman #1 and if not why the gently caress not?

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

Was Bryan calling Dave Superman #1 and if not why the gently caress not?

#1 was the one/two punch of Dave's line about how he's got only one word for Jon Jones, Bryan not getting it and Dave getting to go "do I gotta spell it out for you?"

Jon Jones got popped for dick pills. SAWFT

And goddamn I just looked at the board and the guy is considering making a top 100 for 2017.

The real #1 was Rufus vs. Polazzio, imo, which used to be on youtube but I can't find now.
(Or Karl Stern burying Superman vs Batman)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Oh yeah that was really good hehe

Where was Dave talking about Conor getting his dick out

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

Oh yeah that was really good hehe

Where was Dave talking about Conor getting his dick out

quote:

50 Mr. Lambert - 24 Jun WOL
49 When I Yak I poo poo – 25 Dec 2015 BVS
48 Bryan and Whitney at Birthing Class – 13 Jan BVS, 15 Jan BVS, 9 Feb BVS
47 Men Who Went Over on Bears – 18 Aug WOR
46 John from Arkansas Almost Has an Aneurysm – 6 Jan WOL
45 Terry Funk Does a Run-In – Mar 10 WOR
44 Brock Lesnar Song Contest (Scotland Forever) – 1 Nov BVS
43 Bryan’s Pronunciation Rant – May 9 WOL
42 Craig's Dress Rant –2 Aug BVS
41 Vic Is a Happy Camper – 14 Apr WW
40 Granny's Been Watching Wrestling Again – 22 Jan BVS
39 Fight at Big Wood's – Mar 6 BVS, Mar 8 BVS
38 Conor 'McGraver' Sold His Soul to the Devil – 1 Jan WOL
37 The Worst and Most Pointless Paul Heyman Segment of All Time (Stupid loving Idiots Wrote This) – 1 Sep BVS
36 Daniel Bryan’s Retirement – 8 Feb WOR, 9 Feb WOR
35 Alan's Hands Are Confused – 15 Jan DKP
34 British Men Paying to Be Dominated by Female Wrestlers – 29 Apr WOL
33 Dasha Is A Robot – 29 Nov WOR, 30 Nov WOL, 1 Dec BVS
32 Finn Bowler vs. Neville (feat. Swanson) – 10 Mar BVS
31 Nick Diaz Is Like That Peter Sellers Movie I Can't Remember the Name of – 8 Sep WOR
30 Tom Wins the Presidency, Granny Sneezes – 10 Mar BVS, 16 Mar FFD 17 Mar BVS
29 Titty – 22 Mar BVS
28 Lucha Underground Spoilers/Man Abuse – 7 Feb DKP
27 Richard Cheese – 18 Jan F4D
26 Bus Number 2 – 5 Apr BVS
25 Justin's Jerry Lawler Routine (Tramp O'Lean) Leads Directly into the Hogan-Gawker Breaking News – 18 Mar DKP
24 Chael Sonnen Shares a Joke – 17 Mar JNPO
23 B&V&C Are the Hart Foundation/Wrestling Fans Should Shower – 7 May BVS
22 Selling Like Wile E. Coyote – 24 May WOR
21 WWE 2K17 Breaks Bryan – 13 Oct BVS
20 Corpse Eating Cats and Killer Beer Drinking Bears – 24 Apr DKD
19 Tom's Linda McMahon/Donald Trump Rap – 14 Dec F4D
18 The Halloween Song Contest – 27 Oct BVS
17 Mike's Reaction to Shane McMahon at Survivor Series – 8 Nov WOL
16 Rufus vs. Polazzio – 30 Jun BVS
15 Goldberg, Not Goldust/I Would, Like, Know the President – 15 Nov WOR
14 Tweeting at Ken Jennings About Tugboat – 25 Aug DKP
13 Tell Me a Lie/Bret Hart’s C**k – 9 Feb BVS
12 Jordan Breen Describes Pro Wrestling to Non-Wrestling Fans – 16 Dec 2015 JNPO
11 Mark's Royal Rumble Summary (What Are We Doing With Our Lives, Man?)/The Mark Song – 24 Jan BVS, 31 Jan BVS
10 You Should Have Grabbed Some Other Kid – 15 Sep BVS
9 Karl Stern v Batman v Superman – 8 Apr DKD
8 There's More to Life Than Fake Wrestling – 5 Apr WOR, 11 Oct WOR
7 Granny's Wrestling Report Makes Bryan Cry – 9 Sep BVS
6 Dave at BOLA (I Have Better Abs Than Johnny Mundo Right Now) – 21 Aug WOR, 6 Oct WOR, 9 Oct WOR
5 Broken Matt Hardy vs. Brother Nero – 1 Jun WOL, 2 Jun WOL, 2 Jun BVS
4 The Shelly Martinez vs. Rebel Saga – 26 Apr WOL, 26 Apr BVS, 27 Apr WOL, 28 Apr WOL, 28 Apr B&V, 29 Apr F4D, 29 May BVS
3 Overweight Classic Controversy (F4Wikileaks/Tom Does Eminem/Loaded Diapers/Granny's OWC Control Centre/OWC Finale) – 9 Nov F4D, 15 Nov WOL, 22 Nov WOL, 23 Nov F4D
2 Bryan Becomes a Father – 29 Feb WOL, 29 Feb F4D, 1 Mar WOR, 1 Mar BVS
1 I Only Got One Word For Jon Jones – 8 Nov WOR

The 300 hour recap of the Overweight Classic almost made me unsubscribe from the entire website because goddamn was it bad. I know the bar is low to provide content if you're buddies with Chico but even lovely rear end Mark is only once a year, how the gently caress did Tom Lawlor get this gig?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Sorry

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mark is good for a once-yearly thing imo but I'm glad that's all it is

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

To clarify: both because Bryan is mad about Jinder, and because it's the episode where Kane choke slams Taker on their mother's skeleton

At..... THE cemetery!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
"Don't hinder the Jinder." This is the best, I'm glad I tuned into WOL today.

If "Don't Hinder the Jinder" was his actual slogan and his catchphrase I'd be totally into this.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 20, 2017

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Mark is good and should be on for the four big PPVs and the list isn't ranked, just a list of 50 great moments.

edit: and the best moment of all time was "did she eat the corpse?"

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Bryan was almost at peak TNA booking levels of disbelief there.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Mark's anger is too gimmicky. He was going hard on the Royal Rumble this year when it was a pretty good show. If it's a bad show, sure, get angry, but man chill out

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mark is awful, I wish he'd never be on.

Give Brent Mark's time.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

PaybackJack posted:

"Don't hinder the Jinder." This is the best, I'm glad I tuned into WOL today.

If "Don't Hinder the Jinder" was his actual slogan and his catchphrase I'd be totally into this.

I thought it was actually his catchphrase during the 3MB era. It was definitely a joke around here dating back to then.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Give Brent Mark's time.

I really hope to never hear Brent again, I get seriously uncomfortable listening to him talk about his life :ohdear:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Jerusalem posted:

I really hope to never hear Brent again, I get seriously uncomfortable listening to him talk about his life :ohdear:

Same. It's really not funny to me.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Brent teeters too much on making fun of someone mentally ill for me. gently caress it, bring back Toenails.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

Big Dave posted:

There was an issue early. Lawler, used to calling Jim Ross “J.R.,” started calling Ranallo “M.R.,” likely an inside rib since decades earlier, when Lawler and McMahon were growing up, the term “M.R.” was considered one of the worst playground slurs, similar to gay slurs in their generation, as it was short for “mental retard.” Of course few would know that since the term went away probably by the 70s. But after a few weeks, it was dropped.

Jesus loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

god drat it

• Locked thread