Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
In addition to being a nazi shithead that dork definitely has no idea how to throw a baseball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjONKkXFmW0

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/VolBlood/status...art_2box_sports

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

PostNouveau posted:

https://twitter.com/markb_wsfa/status/854495032384135169

His supporters got chased off campus (literally) by a crowd chanting "S-E-C"

I'll concede a Weagle weagle for this.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Having found the best possible use for an "SEC" chant we should use the occasion to retire it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

I remember seeing this late last year, I think it was at the Under Armor game, before he'd enrolled. The other kid apparently stole something from him.

Not that that makes it any better, but if nothing has happened to him by now I doubt it will.

Also who are these idiot friends of these kids that post stuff like this online? I have a friend that worked for Clemson and she tutored one of the football players. She would regularly post snapchats and send people pics of them smoking weed.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
wrong thread

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
i would just like to say richard spencer is the physical embodiment of the auburn spirit and i can't wait until he and cam get married roll tide

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

this is great

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Brilliant

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

PostNouveau posted:

https://twitter.com/markb_wsfa/status/854495032384135169

His supporters got chased off campus (literally) by a crowd chanting "S-E-C"

I understand if he said that at Liberty or some other school like that (BYU) it might go well, but to do that at Auburn or any other SEC school?

:laffo:

Also by no means should that post be interpreted as supporting him, because gently caress him in general.

iospace fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Apr 19, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

I understand if he said that at Liberty or some other school like that (BYU) it might go well, but to do that at Auburn or any other SEC school?

:laffo:

People were saying he poo poo talked Jesus too, so I don't think he'd do well at Liberty or BYU.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

PostNouveau posted:

People were saying he poo poo talked Jesus too, so I don't think he'd do well at Liberty or BYU.

Well, I guess when you're that dumb, the only way to make a name for yourself is to be a vocal neo-nazi then!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

PostNouveau posted:

He would actually do very well at Liberty, they really hate Jews

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/BrandonWTVM/status/854482570725249025

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
BYU's pretty well nothing like Liberty past some cursory cosmetic stuff like the weird rules (curfew, no caffeine, etc). They're certainly not white nationalists, they're a hugely popular religion among Polynesians.

I'm sure people have different experiences but removing the magic underpants part of the Mormons I've known they're all really nice people. :shrug:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

im the guy whiffing on a sucker elbow to the face and eating poo poo then running

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

im the guy whiffing on a sucker elbow to the face and eating poo poo then running

That was impressively bad. Local MMA gyms should use this guy as free advertising.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Isn't that guy who whiffed the elbow one of Dog the Bounty Hunter's kids?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Tangentially related to NCAAF, but apparently Aaron Hernandez committed suicide

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Frinkahedron posted:

Jealous, it's gonna be a goddamn century before VT stops playing ECU.

I think we still have two more games left on our original contract with them, so we'll see if those go off as planned. Probably, since they're both in Columbia.

It looks like we dumped the 2019 date because we'd only have six home games if we'd kept it (we have another neutral site game against UNC that year).

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 19, 2017

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is ECU's QB still that guy who transferred from Rutgers to Minnesota and then nearly murdered a dude in a bar fight

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Kentucky made themselves a bowl ring
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/kentuckys-new-bowl-rings-celebrate-win-over-louisville/

They lose the bowl game though, so it's to celebrate beating Louisville in the regular season.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Oklahome State made rings and put 11-2 on them because Mike Gundy is a pouty child.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

KKKLIP ART posted:

Tangentially related to NCAAF, but apparently Aaron Hernandez committed suicide

Some are in mourning

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Oklahome State made rings and put 11-2 on them because Mike Gundy is a pouty child.

I am pretty sure he is a man, and that he is at least 40

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
if you are Kentucky football you should probably go ahead and celebrate every single thing you possibly can

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Frinkahedron posted:

Jealous, it's gonna be a goddamn century before VT stops playing ECU.

Imagine being in a conference with them

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So what's the most important thing everyone forgot after eating a big bowl of chilli?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao you weren't kidding

https://twitter.com/SportsDayDFW/st...-season-ring%2F

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

MourningView posted:

if you are Kentucky football you should probably go ahead and celebrate every single thing you possibly can

Hell yeah. We don't have much, that's why we treasure the moments we do have so dearly.

Let us have this while we can, it's only a matter of time before somebody poaches Stoops and/or the SEC East gets competent again.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm a big fan of A-a-ron's lawyer saying there was foul play involved.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Hell yeah. We don't have much, that's why we treasure the moments we do have so dearly.

Let us have this while we can, it's only a matter of time before somebody poaches Stoops and/or the SEC East gets competent again.

I think Mark Stoops is right in that sweet spot of being good enough that you guys would happily hold on to him forever but not good enough that he'll get poached by a more prestigious/better-paying program.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Pakled posted:

I think Mark Stoops is right in that sweet spot of being good enough that you guys would happily hold on to him forever but not good enough that he'll get poached by a more prestigious/better-paying program.

Right up until he wins like 9 games one year then when he fails to replicate that, because you can only sell your soul to the devil once, UK fans will get mad about not being able to meet expectations and fire him.

Exceeding expectations at mediocre or worse programs is a great way to get hired elsewhere or fired at your current job.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Mark Stoops was really close to either getting fired on being on an extremely hot seat prior to an okayish close to the season where they beat exactly one good team so I'd probably pump the breaks a little.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

The SEC East is always competent this time of year. poo poo there's probably two or three of them in the top 15 right now. Which is the new hotness that's totally going to be title contender and definitely won't lose 4 or 5 games? Florida?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PostNouveau posted:

The SEC East is always competent this time of year. poo poo there's probably two or three of them in the top 15 right now. Which is the new hotness that's totally going to be title contender and definitely won't lose 4 or 5 games? Florida?

I mean, you do cheer for Texas.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I mean, you do cheer for Texas.

You prompted me to look up the way too early rankings and holy poo poo:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18395211/alabama-crimson-tide-florida-state-seminoles-headline-way-too-early-top-25-2017

quote:

25. Texas

2016 record: 5-7, 3-6 Big 12
Returning starters: 8 offense, 10 defense, 1 special teams

Key losses: RB D'Onta Foreman, WR Jacorey Warrick, G Kent Perkins, TE Caleb Bluiett, SS Dylan Haines

Outlook: Former Houston coach Tom Herman won't work miracles in his first season in Austin, but the Longhorns will have a chance to finish among the top four teams in the Big 12. Herman won 13 games in his first season as a head coach, and he'll be inheriting more talent at UT. Quarterback Shane Buechele gives Herman a chance to win right away, but the Longhorns will miss 2,000-yard rusher D'Onta Foreman. As many as 10 starters are expected back on defense, and that's where Herman and his staff need to do the most work. UT will get a big early test at USC on Sept. 16, and the Longhorns will play Big 12 road games at Baylor, TCU and West Virginia.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

If you're gonna get delusional about an SECE team this year it's gotta be Georgia. Eason, 2nd-year coach effect, permanent SECW opponent they yearly own despite being on-paper equal at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

If you're gonna get delusional about an SECE team this year it's gotta be Georgia. Eason, 2nd-year coach effect, permanent SECW opponent they yearly own despite being on-paper equal at best.

yeah maybe they can beat georgia tech this year.

• Locked thread