Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Shes probably zapping dicks all day on my dollar.

Yeah, I suppose that qualifies as BWM. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
i feel absolutely zero sympathy for that dumb motherfucker

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Business, Finance, and Careers > Bad With Money - I just paid for a fat bitches Electric Cock Zapping Sex Toy in Kentucky

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Haifisch posted:

Business, Finance, and Careers > Bad With Money - I just paid for a fat bitches Electric Cock Zapping Sex Toy in Kentucky

Please please please

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Haifisch posted:

:pray:

Hey the poster made another thread about how much he liked AliExpress :unsmith:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dropship/comments/60b8vi/fuck_aliexpress_in_its_dirty_fucking_asshole/ posted:

I decided recently to dive into the world of Dropshipping. I set up an account on AliExpress and started adding products to my Ebay account. I worked super hard on it for days. Researching products, figuring out prices and taking the time to write somewhat compelling ad copy for my listings. And then like magic I began to get sales. 12 sales in my first couple days doing it. I was super excited. I can work from anywhere and do this blah blah blah. You can imagine how awesome that was. SO THEN..........When it came time to place the orders with AliExpress. I logged in, entered my prepaid credit card number and placed a couple orders. Then I decided to use my paypal credit card and made a couple more. Then I get a MOTHERFUCKING error message saying that My order is APPEALED. ITs this insanely complicated process that they have for orders that are a security risk. I had to submit a pic of my License and a pic of my card and a statment. These DIRTY COCKSUCKING gently caress FACES make you wait 3 business days what ever the gently caress that translates to in china or international trade just know Its a long loving time. Especially since this happened on a THURSDAY Im just loving Beat I guess. ALL THE WHILE Im still Getting sales and customers are emailing me asking if the items shipped yet. So I decide gently caress IT Im gonna make a new ACCOUNT and try this fuckery again and hope it works if I dont change up the cards. SO i do this, First order goes thru loving YAY, second order as well YAY AGAIN......3rd ORDER. APPEAL MESSAGE AGAIN. YOU MOTHERFUCKERS IM TRYING TO MAKE SOME MOTHERFUCKING MONEY YOU BITCH rear end CUNTS!!!! SO Im Like gently caress THIS. I go on their chat based help EVA. Not sure if they are ROBOTS or JUST ASSHOLES BUT I will SKULL gently caress THEM just the same. Not helpful at all, they just read the error message verbatim and Im like YEAH BITCH thats why Im chatting now TO FIX THIS poo poo YOU MISERABLE DICK EATING LIVING PIECES OF poo poo. I just want to pay for poo poo with my money that you took off my card and send this bullshit to my ebay customers. and they ask for screenshots of my emails. and then TRANSFER ME to a differnt Dpartment and ask all the questions again, and say Im sorry this happens to a nice amout of customers WELL LA DI loving DA YOU FLAMING PIECE OF SMELLY ASSFUCK. Long story short. Before you decide to buy poo poo, especially start a droppshipping business make sure you are not having issues like this. gently caress OBERLO in their Mouths TOO. They are all just like "USE AliEXPRESS for all your droppshipping needs' YEAH BITCH? YEAH BITCH? gently caress YOU, gently caress ALL OF YOU. YOU WASTED DAYS OF MY LIFE I WILL NEVER GET BACK. I can just see my pristine loving ebay rating dropping as I write this poo poo. BE WARNED BE WARNED AliEXPRESS is RUN by a bunch OF FILTHY DICK hosed oval office gently caress FUCKS.

monster on a stick fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 19, 2017

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Sounds like a fast track to IRS hell

Edit: the whole dropshipping game

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Here's an interesting one. In summary:
  • Startup decides to change their URL to something shorter. However, this involves switching from a .com address to a much less common .co address.
  • Startup decides that $10,000 is a reasonable price to pay for their desired URL, and puts in a bid at that price (instead of starting below their target). The bid is immediately accepted with no counteroffer. Great negotiating, fellas!
  • Startup realizes they have to spend an unbudgeted $1,200 on new Google Apps accounts for everyone.
  • Startup fucks up their domain migration (idk how, I'm not a YOSPOS brain, you can read about it here), resulting in a precipitous drop in their search traffic as people can't find the new website.

The full story:

I paid 10k for our team's new domain. But all we got was less traffic. posted:

Our team recently migrated from "pickcrew.com" to "crew.co". It was the short domain we wanted, and we were pretty stoked about it—especially since it cost us a bunch of money.

As it turns out, setting up the new domain isn't all violets and daisies. We ended up having to shelve out another $1,200 for Google Accounts, but that wasn't even the worst part.

As everyone who’s really lived will tell you: when you move a site, use a 301 redirect. Hell, I think I did my first 301 before I lost my virginity.

If though, unlike me, you didn’t spend your teenage Friday nights reading about html status codes, let me explain: When you type an address into a browser, the browser can get a bunch of different statuses back from the server.
-A 200 means, “hey bro, thanks for coming, here’s that page you wanted.”
-A 301 means, “uh, sorry bro, that page packed his poo poo and moved permanently.”
-A 302 means, “uh, sorry bro, that page is crashing at some chick’s house tonight.”

(Side note: yes, web servers really do talk like your college roommate.)

Both the 301 and 302 status bros know the forwarding address and so you can still get to the page you wanted. However, there is one very important difference:

A site’s Google search street cred (aka link juice) will carry forward through a 301, but it will not follow through a 302. (Maybe that aforementioned chick is Google’s ex.)

So when transferring a site to a new address, you have to use 301 redirects. Which we did when we forwarded pickcrew.com to crew.co.

However, what you might not realize (and what slipped past us unfortunately) is that a 302 can sneak into the middle of your proper, clean 301 redirect, ruining your delicious Google street cred.

If you're interested, I have some graphs showing how our domain switch impacted our traffic 👉here 👈, as well as a bit more detail on what happened.

Tl;dr: Make sure you look into Google’s documents on switching domains and clearly understand the potential consequences of what you’re doing before you make the switch.

Far from the worst story in this thread, but still a lot of :doh: going on.

pig slut lisa fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 19, 2017

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
.co domains are terrible, because people always inevitably send email to the .com domain instead.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
THERE IS SOME JUSTICE IN THIS WORLD, AT LAST

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
"Duuuude I spent $10K on a .co domain and duuuude I put a 301 to redirect our site but duuuude Google put some 302 codez, not cool bro! It's cool now, let's celebrate with a Jaeger bomb!"

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Suspicious Lump posted:

haha that is the most insane reason to pick someone imo. I guess when all the applicants are similar you choose what you know.

Hold my beer, buckle up, and swallow whatever is in your mouth.

My landlady picked me because of my horoscope, I poo poo you not. She asked me for my birthday (date, time, location), went to her PC where she entered the data, uttered a few 'ooohhhs' and 'aaaahhhs', and told me she would rent the place to me. She then also explained the reasoning in more detail. Apparently the planets were aligned in a certain way that makes me a character that she is comfortable renting to. I had just finished a BS in physics and I was about to start my MS/PhD work in EE, so it was hard to keep a straight face, but I must have managed.

In the end, it worked out for her, because 10 years later, she is still my landlady.

Same landlady also planned her wedding in such a way that the "Yes I do" would happen a very specific time (down to the exact minute) because of her and her partner's horoscopes.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

theHUNGERian posted:

In the end, it worked out for her, because 10 years later, she is still my landlady.

It's you. You're the confirmation bias.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

El Mero Mero posted:

It's you. You're the confirmation bias.

Yeah, if you were a real man of science, you'd have burned the place down the second the ink was dry on the lease. "WHERE ARE YOUR STAR CHARTS NOW? SCIENCE, BITCH!"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

I just paid for a fat bitches Electric Cock Zapping Sex Toy in Kentucky and Im am not making any of that UP. Shes probably zapping dicks all day on my dollar.

This is a straight-up Drill tweet

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

monster on a stick posted:

:pray:

Hey the poster made another thread about how much he liked AliExpress :unsmith:

Ahhh. Hmm.

I spent some time in Chiang Mai recently. I now understand the jokes I heard about "dropship bros".

FateFree
Nov 14, 2003

God drat I just checked my own redirect and its a 302! gently caress!

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Krispy Kareem posted:

Looks like somebody is getting set up with the daughter.

Does she live in the other half of the duplex with this daughter?

Nope. She's just the property manager.

I'm also a single (straight) woman, so I hope that wasn't why...

Suspicious Lump posted:

haha that is the most insane reason to pick someone imo. I guess when all the applicants are similar you choose what you know.

Nah. Teacher's have clear background checks, and once you're tenured (I am) - you have a steady okay paying job for as long as you want it! Thanks, unions.

ate all the Oreos posted:

Were the other applicants ethnic by chance

Nah. Everyone I saw there was white.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Didn't Knyteguy have a side business on eBay drop shipping microscopes? I think he's called modest mouse cover band these days. I wonder if he's got some fun stories...

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
This thread has such a wonderful title now :allears:

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
https://www.reddit.com/r/ProRevenge/comments/668da4/scumbag_aunt_ripped_off_my_grandma_for_years_i/

It's long and I don't feel like spending 10 minutes reformatting the OP so just click the link. Solid BWM on the Aunt's part.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Barry posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ProRevenge/comments/668da4/scumbag_aunt_ripped_off_my_grandma_for_years_i/

It's long and I don't feel like spending 10 minutes reformatting the OP so just click the link. Solid BWM on the Aunt's part.

Pro-click. I don't even care if it's real, it makes me believe there's Justice in the world.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
god drat that's the good poo poo

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
drat, that's the purestrain shadenfreude

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Barry posted:

I came.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

that's some good stuff

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Barry posted:

Beautiful. Click this if you haven't yet.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

DarkHorse posted:

Pro-click. I don't even care if it's real, it makes me believe there's Justice in the world.

This is so good.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Barry posted:

I let out a Howard Dean fist pump after reading this.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

theHUNGERian posted:

Hold my beer, buckle up, and swallow whatever is in your mouth.

My landlady picked me because of my horoscope, I poo poo you not. She asked me for my birthday (date, time, location), went to her PC where she entered the data, uttered a few 'ooohhhs' and 'aaaahhhs', and told me she would rent the place to me. She then also explained the reasoning in more detail. Apparently the planets were aligned in a certain way that makes me a character that she is comfortable renting to. I had just finished a BS in physics and I was about to start my MS/PhD work in EE, so it was hard to keep a straight face, but I must have managed.

Same landlady also planned her wedding in such a way that the "Yes I do" would happen a very specific time (down to the exact minute) because of her and her partner's horoscopes.

I got my apartment because the other guy had a Juggalo 4 Life tattoo on his neck. I mean, probably.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

omnibobb posted:

I got my apartment because the other guy had a Juggalo 4 Life tattoo on his neck. I mean, probably.

Faygo doesn't come out of carpets easily!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I am pretty sure I got my apartment because we had a new baby and my landlord had just become a grandfather.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
The moral of that story is if you are cheating the feds and other folks/family can prove it, don't piss off those other folks/family!

More lawbreaking is found through pissed-off ex-spouses, ex-lovers, former business partners, and estranged family than you'd think. Especially white collar poo poo like in the story.

Fraud is fascinating.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Ashcans posted:

I am pretty sure I got my apartment because we had a new baby and my landlord had just become a grandfather.

Okay but some people would prefer not to live in their parents basement after getting married

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Ashcans posted:

I got my appartement by walking into the rental office with an offer letter from a local company and my check book.

Where the gently caress do you people live?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I got my apartment because I was able to solve the imp's riddles three.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

ate all the Oreos posted:

Okay but some people would prefer not to live in their parents basement after getting married
Look the rent is very attractive as long as I take out the trash, mow the lawn, don't talk back.

FrozenVent posted:

I got my appartement by walking into the rental office with an offer letter from a local company and my check book.

I live in Boston, and a decent apartment at a reasonable price gets snapped up fast. We went to see the apartment the day it was posted, and several other people had already been through. We lost a previous apartment we had seen because it had been rented by the time we got home and emailed the broker an application, so this time I brought everything to the viewing so we could hand in everything on the spot. I wasn't joking though, I'm pretty sure he went with us because he could relate to a new family.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

FrozenVent posted:

It's a thing in major cities like NYC or SF where demand outpaces supply.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Ashcans posted:

I live in Boston, and a decent apartment at a reasonable price gets snapped up fast. We went to see the apartment the day it was posted, and several other people had already been through. We lost a previous apartment we had seen because it had been rented by the time we got home and emailed the broker an application, so this time I brought everything to the viewing so we could hand in everything on the spot. I wasn't joking though, I'm pretty sure he went with us because he could relate to a new family.

Same here in LA. I visited a handful of apartments and most of them were crap, but I had to submit applications on the spot anyway because I needed a place fast. The vast majority of listings were out of date and unavailable by the time I saw the posting online or contacted their management. The only success I saw at all was to filter my search to posts within the past 24 hours and jump on landlords as soon as something came up. This was in late 2015.

I thankfully ended up in my top choice, but my landlord told me that it was only because I got the application in first. I waited outside of the apartment complex for about an hour in order to be the first person there when he showed up.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 19, 2017

legendof
Oct 27, 2014

BWM: buying a $400 machine to squeeze juice of a proprietary, QR code-locked bag you can only buy through a subscription service you're only eligible for after buying the $400 bag-squeezer. But don't worry, the machine used to be $700 so it's a great deal!

https://arstechnica.com/business/2017/04/this-400-appliance-that-squeezes-juice-out-of-a-bag-appears-unnecessary/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also the bags cost $10 each so you're getting ripped off even if you want to just squeeze them yourself.

• Locked thread