Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Replace all single targeting skills with Ma-, this ain't Press Turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Harrow posted:

Someone might've posted this before, but if anyone's interested in a DLC costume gallery, here's one at Persona Central. There are party member spoilers within, so be aware of that if you're worried about spoilers.

One thing that kind of amuses me: they gave Jun's outfit in the Persona 2 DLC to Akechi, not Yusuke, who already resembles Jun really closely. I can kinda understand why, given Jun's role in the story, but it still feels like a missed opportunity.

What is even the P4A costume set? It doesn't ring a bell at all.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Yusuke breaking 4-digit damage before Ryuji.

The strongest art student in the world.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Just realised Yuske's Japanese VA is Joseph and his English VA is Jotaro. No wonder he's so cool.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

The Shortest Path posted:

You can also make coffee/curry, it's rad.

...You can?! I thought Morgana didn't let you go downstairs or do anything except make Tools. It didn't really make or break anything, and I just considered it easy Proficiency points, but having some extra Coffee might've come in handy once or twice instead of spending turns guarding to regen SP safely. :v:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Palace 5 keeps throwing resist physical enemies at me, something tells me I should obtain their mask...

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

JackDarko posted:

Palace 5 keeps throwing resist physical enemies at me, something tells me I should obtain their mask...

If your MC doesn't have a persona with Null/Repel Phys by now, then that's on you.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

JackDarko posted:

Fuse an Arahabaki (the statue dudes with the big eyes) with a strong attack and/or some good support abilities and it'll carry you through more than you'd think. It's a drat good Persona.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Since the Izanagi DLC came with my digital copy, I was able to get Null Phys pretty drat early, well before you get lockdown, so nulling physical moves should be pretty easy to pass on.

I particularly liked putting it on physical attackers so I wouldn't get hosed over by repel or high counter enemies.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

JackDarko posted:

Yeah, Palace 5 is very Ryuji/Yusuke-unfriendly. Makoto/Haru/Morgana have a field day though.

Does Morgana learn the Boost/Amp skills? His damage is actually pretty competitive so far.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Harrow posted:

Fuse an Arahabaki (the statue dudes with the big eyes) with a strong attack and/or some good support abilities and it'll carry you through more than you'd think. It's a drat good Persona.
If you give him Garu, Psi and/or Frei, he'll solo most of the dungeon up to and including the boss fight. The only time you'd want to to use something else is when enemies with Frei and Psi skills show up in the latter half of the dungeon, because he's weak to both.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Doc Morbid posted:

If you give him Garu, Psi and/or Frei, he'll solo most of the dungeon up to and including the boss fight. The only time you'd want to to use something else is when enemies with Frei and Psi skills show up in the latter half of the dungeon, because he's weak to both.

You might also want to give him a Kouga skill for the Grimhelkas, but even if you don't you'd win out over time as long as you have some sort of magic, since they only have Phys skills.

Either way you'd want Agi for the Belphegors.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I had an evening where Ohya was the only possible confidant to talk to.

I decided to go fishing instead

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I had an evening where Ohya was the only possible confidant to talk to.

I decided to go fishing instead

Ohya is good though????

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Ohya is bad and her confidant bonuses are bad

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

multijoe posted:

Just realised Yuske's Japanese VA is Joseph and his English VA is Jotaro. No wonder he's so cool.

Yusuke's Persona is basically Josuke.
Goemon's official art has all but the same hand posing as Josuke's final panel.

he's best boy in many ways

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

slev posted:

Ohya is bad and her confidant bonuses are bad

half right

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
I decided Ohya is Chie and Yukiko's daughter from the future. That made her a bit more interesting.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Ohya's Confidant bonuses are so ridiculously useless that I have to wonder if the game design was changed partway through and Security used to be more important.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Clarste posted:

Ohya's Confidant bonuses are so ridiculously useless that I have to wonder if the game design was changed partway through and Security used to be more important.

I definitely expected security levels to be a much bigger deal.

Frankly, playing on Hard, the increased security level is the least of my worries when I fail to get an ambush on an shadow.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Ohya is good and while her bonuses are bad you can still rack up Charm points from her links in a pinch.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Ohya got lucky that my heart was stolen by Makoto and needed Rank 5 Charm, because otherwise I don't think I would have bothered with her.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Oxxidation posted:

Ohya is good and while her bonuses are bad you can still rack up Charm points from her links in a pinch.

You should already be almost ready to max Charm by the time you unlock her link anyway so you can continue to hang out with Makoto. :colbert:

(I already have max Charm so I have no incentive to hang out with her.)

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Well, you could meet up with Ohya for some bonus charm points, OR you could raise your charm by hanging out with naked old men for a week.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Oxxidation posted:

Ohya is mediocre in an ocean of greatness

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Harrow posted:

I definitely expected security levels to be a much bigger deal.

Frankly, playing on Hard, the increased security level is the least of my worries when I fail to get an ambush on an shadow.

This is pure speculation, but I wonder if maybe Security levels used to be impossible to lower mid-dungeon, and they'd just steadily climb until you were forced out. Just another way of forcing you to pace yourself, like Tiredness in P3 (and therefore SP wouldn't be limited...?). But at some point they decided that felt bad and let ambushes lower it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Coughing Hobo posted:

Ohya got lucky that my heart was stolen by Makoto and needed Rank 5 Charm, because otherwise I don't think I would have bothered with her.

I had already ground out Charm because of this so even this part of Ohya's S-Link is useless to me. The Proficiency from Hanged and Kindness from Tower, on the other hand, are super huge for me right now

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ohya is better than Fortune girl, that's about the kindest I can muster up to say

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I put Hierophant off till the last moment (yes I know this makes me a monster but I made some bad decisions, alright) and panicked when I saw he required maxed kindness and I only had like a week and a half left. Then I went upstairs and fed my plant and my kindness maxed out. That's my social stat story I hope you enjoyed it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

Ohya is better than Fortune girl, that's about the kindest I can muster up to say

Fortune's abilities are super useful. The bit of Devil I did was more entertaining, but that was mostly because of how chill Lala is

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Seeing Hifumi and Makoto together at Book Town makes me wish Hifumi was put forward as a party member or we get to see the two of them spend more time together. The two brainiac girls talking about strategies makes my heart flutter.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Harrow posted:

I think of spoiler threads as a place where people who want to have a detailed discussion about the whole game can do so without having to use spoiler tags. It's not that you can't or shouldn't talk about things that need to be in spoiler tags in this thread, just that there's another thread where, if you've completed the whole game, you're free not to use tags.

I dunno, maybe that's just how I see them. Nobody should be telling people to "take it to the spoiler thread" imo, except maybe if there are like three straight pages of black boxes or something, but eh :shrug:

Go into Mementos with a request active and find the mini-boss. Confuse the boss with Pulinpa (it helps to have Confuse Boost, too). Confused enemies spend their turn either sitting there doing nothing, dropping an item (that you get to have), or, most commonly, throwing away yen (that you also get to take). Mini-bosses throw away 15k-20k yen every time they do that, and you can just chain-confuse them to keep it up as long as you feel like.

Holy crap

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.
I don't get Ohya's Confidant abilities at all because I've literally never seen them work in my game.

Hunt11 posted:

Any advice for the baseball mini game?

What others said, plus you can buy the batting book from Shinjuku after 6/18 for a bit of extra help.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ohya's confidant abilities work passively. You get less alert level when you're spotted and it drops by more when you ambush an enemy.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

Endorph posted:

Ohya's confidant abilities work passively. You get less alert level when you're spotted and it drops by more when you ambush an enemy.

Huh. I can't remember really seeing a difference in the numbers, but I'll look for it during NG+ once I meet her again.

EDIT: What confuses me is that her Rank 10 description says it 'eliminates Palace security increases', but I still had increases in every dungeon after maxing her Confidant.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ohya's confidant is good and has a surprising amount of crossover with the main plot which is neat.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Zhaan posted:

Huh. I can't remember really seeing a difference in the numbers, but I'll look for it during NG+ once I meet her again.

EDIT: What confuses me is that her Rank 10 description says it 'eliminates Palace security increases', but I still had increases in every dungeon after maxing her Confidant.

I believe it's 20% per rank of the skill. So by default you get 15% when caught by a shadow, but with her first skill it become 12%, and then 9%, etc.

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

Clarste posted:

I believe it's 20% per rank of the skill. So by default you get 15% when caught by a shadow, but with her first skill it become 12%, and then 9%, etc.

The phrasing 'eliminate' makes me think it eventually zeroes out, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Zhaan posted:

The phrasing 'eliminate' makes me think it eventually zeroes out, which doesn't seem to be the case.

I think that last one must be a mistranslation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
My wife and I were wondering - Is Lala Escargot:

1 - Biologically female
2 - A drag queen
3 - A trans woman?

I was leaning drag queen. My wife thought Lala is trans.