Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

parallelodad posted:

MI:6 should have been a Bond crossover.

Clearly that should be MI:007 eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

But 007 works for MI6

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This got posted in the animation thread but more people deserve to see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs-tu4fj4zA

:dogbutton:

Since they seem to be giving Willy Wonka a "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" treatment, they should have named it "Gene Wilder is Spinning In His Grave."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

raditts posted:

Since they seem to be giving Willy Wonka a "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" treatment, they should have named it "Gene Wilder is Spinning In His Grave."

I think Roald Dahl referred to Gene Wilder's movie as "I Am Spinning and I Am Not Even Dead Yet" so that's fair.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

This got posted in the animation thread but more people deserve to see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs-tu4fj4zA

:dogbutton:

The tale of a cat and a mouse. In a chocolate factory.

To be followed by Tom and Jerry Die of Theobromine Poisoning. :ohdear:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

is that just a cartoon adaptation of the Gene Wilder film but with new scenes of Tom & Jerry that has nothing to do with the plot and they don't interact with any other character?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Technically animation, but hey, Jackie Chan Adventures film, why the hell not?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

is that just a cartoon adaptation of the Gene Wilder film but with new scenes of Tom & Jerry that has nothing to do with the plot and they don't interact with any other character?

It looks that way, yes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nah, it makes a ton of sense since its for China. Jackie Chan Adventures is super popular over there and continues to air on kids tv programming so having a new series for them to air makes a ton of sense.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope the pilot involves Jackie taking the kids back in time, to the summer of 1989, to fight an army of skeletons, at Tiananmen Square!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hope the pilot involves Jackie taking the kids back in time, to the summer of 1989, to fight an army of skeletons, at Tiananmen Square!
While teaming up with Brad Pitt.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

From the This Got A Sequel? Dept.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tars Tarkas posted:

From the This Got A Sequel? Dept.

I don't think it's a sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0WPB-uvNYA

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CelticPredator posted:

I don't think it's a sequel.

No it is an ALL-NEW MOVIE they make this very clear on the poster and in the trailer

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Barry Bostwick scares the poo poo out of me.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
A sequel to what, exactly?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Unusual suspects

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Big Fat Liar which has exactly the same premise, it was just made 15 years earlier with much more well known actors.

Edit: the director for the new film has a really long, lovely imdb listing. He's done a shitload of made-for-TV Christmas romance movies and a bunch of lovely direct-to-video sequels that no one demanded like A Dennis the Menace Christmas, Harriet the Spy: Blog Wars and Beethoven's Treasure Tail (the seventh sequel to the Beethoven movie about the wacky adventures of a St Bernard dog).

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 19, 2017

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I have never even heard of that movie. Being in the "even bigger losers than washed up child TV actors" tranche of Hollywood must be really depressing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I have never even heard of that movie. Being in the "even bigger losers than washed up child TV actors" tranche of Hollywood must be really depressing.

Paul Giamatti made some questionable acting decisions as a youngun but please hes not washed up.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Beethoven's Treasure Tail (the seventh sequel to the Beethoven movie about the wacky adventures of a St Bernard dog).

Beethoven's Treasure Tail is literally a budget The Goonies except it has Beethoven.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is Syfy not paying Jodelle Ferland enough because I can't see this being seen as a great career move.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That jerk stole my idea!

Commits multiple felonies

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Barudak posted:

Paul Giamatti made some questionable acting decisions as a youngun but please hes not washed up.
He actually makes the movie pretty fun. Frankie Muniz could be considered washed up if he was trying to act. Amanda Bynes had severe mental health issues so I'd feel bad about criticizing her. John Cho was actually in Big Fat Liar, probably the first thing I saw him in.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tars Tarkas posted:

Beethoven's Treasure Tail is literally a budget The Goonies except it has Beethoven.

I just looked it up and it has the weirdest fuckin' cast of "Oh poo poo, that guy" actors including Udo Kier, Colin Mochrie, Morgan Fairchild, Brian George (Babu Bhatt from Seinfeld but he also had a recurring role in the Beethoven animated TV series), Jonathan Silverman (Weekend at Bernie's), Kristy Swanson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Jeffrey Combs (Re-Animator) and David DeLuise (son of Dom DeLuise).

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Barudak posted:

I love he shows up in the FMV game to end all FMV games Ripper
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117483/
Jesus that cast :stare:

Casimir Radon posted:

He actually makes the movie pretty fun. Frankie Muniz could be considered washed up if he was trying to act. Amanda Bynes had severe mental health issues so I'd feel bad about criticizing her. John Cho was actually in Big Fat Liar, probably the first thing I saw him in.
He was the director who was a parody of John Woo right? Man I remember watching that movie a lot as a kid, probably the first thing I saw Giamatti in too

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

He was the director who was a parody of John Woo right? Man I remember watching that movie a lot as a kid, probably the first thing I saw Giamatti in too
Ripper has a really great cast and was more competently shot than any other FMV game that I've come across. The puzzles on the other hand are the worst I've ever seen. Arrange these crystale to look like a bird! No you don't get any reference to work from or any feedback whatsoever!

Yeah, he was the director. They tried to get him to do some sort of asian accent for the movie but he refused.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I imagine Neil Patrick Harris gets on his knees every day to thank God for Harold & Kumar and How I Met Your Mother reminding the world that he exists.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Hmm, but do they actually fight a giant octopus in this one?

And Ripper is one of the best cyberpunk movies.
Though it did become far less entertaining once I realized David Patrick Kelly's name was Falconetti and not Falcon Eddie.
That'd be my sweet hacker name anyway.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Timby posted:

I imagine Neil Patrick Harris gets on his knees every day to thank God for Harold & Kumar and How I Met Your Mother reminding the world that he exists.

Hey, some of us watched a sitcom that was almost certainly bad called Stark Raving Mad which starred him and Tony Shalhoub. We didn't need reminders!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

wyoming posted:

Hmm, but do they actually fight a giant octopus in this one?

And Ripper is one of the best cyberpunk movies.
Though it did become far less entertaining once I realized David Patrick Kelly's name was Falconetti and not Falcon Eddie.
That'd be my sweet hacker name anyway.
It also has the funniest image of a "young" christopher walken that I can't find for some reason; I remember Slowbeef's reaction to it being really good

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Tars Tarkas posted:

I misread that as Beethoven's Treasure Trail :heysexy:

achillesforever6 posted:

My favorite weird "so much better than this" FMV game casting is still John Goodman starring an FMV parody of Myst called...Pyst :effort:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fekpJwwfYd8

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

I misread that as Beethoven's Treasure Trail :heysexy:

My favorite weird "so much better than this" FMV game casting is still John Goodman starring an FMV parody of Myst called...Pyst :effort:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fekpJwwfYd8
I wish it actually was something resembling a game instead of just a slideshow. The conceit of a Myst that's been wrecked by thousands of people leaving trash and spoilery grafitti everywhere is hilarious but they got lazy.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

achillesforever6 posted:

https://lparchive.org/Ripper/

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

The one that always comes to mind there for me is Mayum Balik. She was just before all the super successful teen mogul Disney clones and then she came back and is probably richer than Nancy Cartwright now.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The one that always comes to mind there for me is Mayum Balik. She was just before all the super successful teen mogul Disney clones and then she came back and is probably richer than Nancy Cartwright now.

she can also fall back on her intelligence and doctorate in neuroscience, she wouldn't have to work if she didn't want to.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DC Murderverse posted:

she can also fall back on her intelligence and doctorate in neuroscience, she wouldn't have to work if she didn't want to.

Yeah, that's true. What the hell does Frankie Muniz have to fall back on?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yeah, that's true. What the hell does Frankie Muniz have to fall back on?

He's probably still collecting checks from Malcolm in the Midd.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He did make a shitload of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I assumed so, but he can't have a film career like Tom Sizemore because he likes it. Seems weird.

• Locked thread