Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

But you're meant to take on crippling debt. That's just the way things are!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Nenonen posted:

the same day as Trump administration admits that Iran is complying with Obama's nuclear deal, nice work Branco

https://twitter.com/AP/status/854523686300397568
It's going to be amazing when Trump quietly continues the Iran deal.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

You know what? I loving wish.

I loving wish that the end result of anything and everything Trump does has him, personally, injured in any way whatsoever instead of millions of people he'll never have to face. I loving wish that he felt any consequences at all instead of what's going to happen: he'll die comfortably in his expensive bed, in his expensive house, after having an expensive meal and having his balls massage literally and figuratively by his model wife and various other people he wholeheartedly believes really, truly, love him.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

The worst part about this cartoon is that it's not even really free.

It only covers tuition, not fees or room and board, which are the majority of expenses. It's only for people whose families make less than $125k a year, you have to take a minimum of 30 credits per year, and you aren't allowed to move or work outside of New York for the same number of years that you took the scholarship or all the money you got gets automatically converted into a loan that you're on the hook for

So if you went to school for 4 years and took advantage of the scholarship, you can't move elsewhere for at least 4 years without getting automatically hit with a huge debt burden on top of what you already have from fees + room & board

I was kind of confused when I first heard about Cuomo's free-college plan, because Cuomo kind of sucks

But then I read more about Cuomo's free-college plan, and it turns out it makes perfect sense, because it kind of sucks too

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I would love a college plan that kinda sucks

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Oxyclean posted:

That Branco makes no sense. In what way did Obama sabotage foreign policy on his way out?

It feels like the reality is more like Trump picked up the grenade and yanked the pin himself.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Duke Igthorn posted:

You know what? I loving wish.

I loving wish that the end result of anything and everything Trump does has him, personally, injured in any way whatsoever instead of millions of people he'll never have to face. I loving wish that he felt any consequences at all instead of what's going to happen: he'll die comfortably in his expensive bed, in his expensive house, after having an expensive meal and having his balls massage literally and figuratively by his model wife and various other people he wholeheartedly believes really, truly, love him.
I do take some solace in knowing that Trump hates being president because he has to be regularly reminded that most people don't like him.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

*clears throat loudly*

*leans into microphone*

"21 The Muns"

Haha oh poo poo! Oh poo poo!!!

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
We're not so different, you and I.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

*clears throat loudly*

*leans into microphone*

"21 The Muns"

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Oxyclean posted:

That Branco makes no sense. In what way did Obama sabotage foreign policy on his way out?

It feels like the reality is more like Trump picked up the grenade and yanked the pin himself.

Things aren't as easy as Trump thought. If Trump is objectively poo poo at the job, Branco hosed up by supporting Ttump. ERGO, Obama purposefully sabotaged things to make them harder than they were for Obama.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Fulchrum posted:

Things aren't as easy as Trump thought. If Trump is objectively poo poo at the job, Branco hosed up by supporting Ttump. ERGO, Obama purposefully sabotaged things to make them harder than they were for Obama.

Who had GWB's solid foundation to work off of after all!

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

sheep-dodger posted:

Who had GWB's solid foundation to work off of after all!

The eternal cycle...Republicans hand over a sparking, smoking government with obvious duct tape applied over cracks, let go gingerly and run away screaming "YOUR PROBLEM NOW!" then act shocked when we have to spend time putting it back together. We hand them a (mostly) restored government, they throw it on the floor, look up at us and scream "HOLY poo poo LOOK AT WHAT YOU JUST DID!"

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Taerkar posted:

I wonder how long it takes to find a Branco cartoon accusing the Obama administration of blaming W for everything unfairly.

Bonus:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Why is Anthony Weiner wearing a Bush branded suit?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

When did Branco start cartooning? The earliest I can find are cartoons from 2010.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

When did Branco start cartooning? The earliest I can find are cartoons from 2010.
I don't know when he started but here are some earlier cartoons that Google spat at me:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
...are Branco and Henry the same person?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

*I hold a shotgun up to my pelvis so it looks like I have a giant penis. I start stroking it and moaning*

THE BEAGLE BOYS: Wow, dis guy's pretty intimidatin all of a sudden

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Trapezium Dave posted:

I don't know when he started but here are some earlier cartoons that Google spat at me:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Almost...

There we go.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Lurdiak posted:

Almost...

There we go.

That was a good thing you done.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

lol that Bush looks more like actual Obama than his Obama does

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Jesus Christ.

His Bush looks more like Obama than his Obama does.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Consistently amazing

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Does this mean if I'm sick I can just grab a shotgun and hold up a hospital? I have a right to defend my life after all!

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill

What's crazy about this is I don't think Trump can go a week without screaming bloody murder about how Obama sabotaged his presidency.

I don't recall Obama doing that at all and he would have had far better reason to. There was a lot of talk about mistakes made by the past administration, but I don't remember ever by name. I think he realized it was weird to talk about your predecessor as if he was hiding in your office, messing with all your files and hiding your pens when you're not looking

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Arrr Im a Pirate posted:

What's crazy about this is I don't think Trump can go a week without screaming bloody murder about how Obama sabotaged his presidency.

I don't recall Obama doing that at all and he would have had far better reason to. There was a lot of talk about mistakes made by the past administration, but I don't remember ever by name. I think he realized it was weird to talk about your predecessor as if he was hiding in your office, messing with all your files and hiding your pens when you're not looking

It, like each and every single thing that Republicans ever tried to blame Obama for, was 100% just them projecting on high definition.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tei posted:

Awesome drawing and awesome idea but unfair.

Trump message to Erdogan is (my reading) more a USA support for Turkey. Is not even about what Trump thinks, but continue working with a key allied.

I doubt Ivanka would support the efforts of Erdogan to turn Turkey into a islamic state.

She's not just the president's daughter anymore.

He made her part of the administration and she agreed. Anyone with an office in the White House is a fair target.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Arrr Im a Pirate posted:

During his first term, he often said that his administration "inherited this mess" or something to that effect.

The thing is...he actually had to say that. Mostly because of conservative political cartoonists that kept sticking him in front of a "Mission Accomplished" banner.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Conservatives: "LOL Look at this obummer and all these problems he hasn't solved yet!"
Obama: "Well, uh, it'll be awhile to finish what my predecessor started"
Conservatives: "CAN YOU BELIEVE OBONNER BLAMING HIS MISTAKES ON BUSH?!"

8 years pass

Conservatives: "loving Obagaloid ruined everything before Trump even had a chance to step into office!"
Obama: "..." (Obama was jet skiing on a private island, he didn't give a poo poo)

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill

FaradayCage posted:

During his first term, he often said that his administration "inherited this mess" or something to that effect.

The thing is...he actually had to say that. Mostly because of conservative political cartoonists that kept sticking him in front of a "Mission Accomplished" banner.

Yeah, this is the caveat I was getting at. I think it's just weird how often Trump mentions Obama by name.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Arrr Im a Pirate posted:

Yeah, this is the caveat I was getting at. I think it's just weird how often Trump mentions Obama by name.

No, the weird thing is how often he mentions Hillary by name. I challenge anyone to find a clip of Obama mentioning either McCain or Romney after he defeated them.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Obama did bring up that he inherited a mess on occasion, but here's the thing: he loving did. It was the worst economic mess the US had seen in decades, and it came to a head mere months before he took office. Not to mention two pointless wars.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Did we blow up a North Korean test missile on Sunday? Last month The New York Times said Trump inherited a cyber-warfare button. Here’s a CNN story reporting how it might work:

quote:

“There is a very strong belief that the US — through cyber methods — has been successful on several occasions in interrupting these sorts of tests and making them fail,” former British Foreign Secretary Malcolm Rifkind told the BBC.

Rifkind’s comments come on the heels of a report in The New York Times last month saying US President Donald Trump inherited a cyberwar on North Korea in the hope of sabotaging its missile tests.

“It’s clear United States policy to develop the cyber capability to disable enemy ballistic missiles,” said Greg Austin, a professor at the Australian Centre for Cyber Security at the University of New South Wales.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pants Donkey posted:

Obama did bring up that he inherited a mess on occasion, but here's the thing: he loving did. It was the worst economic mess the US had seen in decades, and it came to a head mere months before he took office. Not to mention two pointless wars.
I guess that would mean something in an America where having a memory longer than a gnat was rewarded by society but it clearly isn't right now. Maybe it will again someday?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Also, Obama was lambasted by conservatives for taking too many vacations even though he spent far fewer days on vacation than W did, and they're strangely quiet about how Trump is on track to take far more vacation days than Obama, but I'm 100% sure that the next Democratic president will be criticized by conservatives for taking too many vacation days regardless of how they compare to Trump's, Obama's, or W's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
They ain't exactly quiet about it. Some say the golfing is work because he does meetings and greetings and fuckwhat on the green. Which they never said about a certain other president strangely

• Locked thread